PDA

View Full Version : Life Need a little advice here

tooge
10-15-2009, 10:29 AM
OK, here is the background. I sold a guy a truck about 5 months ago. We got a letter in the mail about three months ago that stated that "I' had run a red light in the truck according to the plates that I didn't take off (long story, but not relevatnt to the advice). So, we call the guy and he says sorry, pays the ticket, and all is well right? Not. Get a letter again today that douchebag has run another red light with MY plates still on. I no longer have douchebags phone number. What do I do here?

soopamanluva
10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
OK, here is the background. I sold a guy a truck about 5 months ago. We got a letter in the mail about three months ago that stated that "I' had run a red light in the truck according to the plates that I didn't take off (long story, but not relevatnt to the advice). So, we call the guy and he says sorry, pays the ticket, and all is well right? Not. Get a letter again today that douchebag has run another red light with MY plates still on. I no longer have douchebags phone number. What do I do here?

You gotta call the enforement agency and tell them it isn't you and you sold the car. They will ask for all kinds of forms. But mainly you need proof you sold it like the bill of sale. Show that to them and that should make you not liable to pay it and go to the DMV with the same stuff and get taken off the plates.

Same thing happened to my dad

Old Dog
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
^ that

TrebMaxx
10-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Your main issue is the plates are registered to you. Why did you leave them on?

Rooster
10-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Why did you leave your plates on the truck?

Scorp
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Tell the Law enfoecement agency to go "f**k themselves" and that "They will never take you alive!"

Lumpy
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
It's a damn good thing that's all the guy did... he could have held up a bank or something.

tooge
10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Why did you leave your plates on the truck?

The guy was doing some work on my house for what was supposed to be a week and ended up being 6 weeks. I allowed him to use the truck (an old beater) to get materials from home depot, so I left the plates on. He left me cash when the job was done and took the truck as we agreed, so I never had a chance to take the plates off. On a side note, I just called the KCPD to ask them what to do. After waiting for 20 minutes on hold, some loser "call taker" agent tells me I need to get the plates back (duh). I explained that I dont know where this guy is. He says "you should". I said, but I don't, what would you do? He said "well sir, I wouldn't be in this situation because...." I cut him off, and said "because you are such a fucking einstein that you do everything perfectly. thats why you answer phones for a living" and hung up. I am too nice a person. I'm gonna start being a jerk to people.

Rain Man
10-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Tell the Law enfoecement agency to go "f**k themselves" and that "They will never take you alive!"

I like this idea.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Call Scott Pollard, he probably has some advice.

tooge
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I think I'm gonna call the POlice again and report the plates stolen. Funk this clown.

The Franchise
10-15-2009, 11:08 AM
I think I'm gonna call the POlice again and report the plates stolen. Funk this clown.

That could probably come back to bite you in the ass.

cdcox
10-15-2009, 11:11 AM
The guy was doing some work on my house for what was supposed to be a week and ended up being 6 weeks. I allowed him to use the truck (an old beater) to get materials from home depot, so I left the plates on. He left me cash when the job was done and took the truck as we agreed, so I never had a chance to take the plates off. On a side note, I just called the KCPD to ask them what to do. After waiting for 20 minutes on hold, some loser "call taker" agent tells me I need to get the plates back (duh). I explained that I dont know where this guy is. He says "you should". I said, but I don't, what would you do? He said "well sir, I wouldn't be in this situation because...." I cut him off, and said "because you are such a ****ing einstein that you do everything perfectly. thats why you answer phones for a living" and hung up. I am too nice a person. I'm gonna start being a jerk to people.

You should have invited him in for some free "dental work" Marathon Man Style so this guy could see just what kind of situation he could find himself in.

kstater
10-15-2009, 11:13 AM

This sounds like a brilliant plan.

tooge
10-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Ok, its all fixed. I called in an abducted child in a black dodge truck and gave the licence plate $#. AMBER ALERT! He's fucked. J/K I got ahold of his phone number and called him. I dont need to eat for a few days and he will walk with a limp for a while.

TrebMaxx
10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I hope you told him to drop those plates off to you ASAP.