PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Anonymous prayer request

DaFace
10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Dartgod asked me to post this on his behalf...

Hello all, I am a regular here, but wish to remain anonymous for the time being.

My wife had a mammogram recently and an abnormality was discovered. We don't know anything at the moment, she has a followup visit in a couple of weeks where they will probably do a biopsy. I'm trying to remain positive and am hoping for the best, but quite frankly I am very scared. I would appreciate any thoughts and prayers you guys can throw our way.

I will identify myself once we know more, but until then only my wife and I know what's going on and I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks so much!

UPDATE:

Great news!

The doctors office just called and the 2nd biopsy was benign as well.

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts and prayers. This place is so awesome!

CaliforniaChief
10-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, DaFace...and I will certainly pray for them!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-15-2009, 01:00 PM
You've got my prayers. Good luck whoever you are.

justme
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was not able to start threads under this new userID.

They have moved her appointment to this Monday, so at least we won't have to wait so long to find out what's going on.

the Talking Can
10-15-2009, 01:15 PM
best wishes to whomever

seclark
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
done
sec

BY1401
10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Merciful God,
You have given her life and surrounded her with love.
Place your healing hand on her.
You have been faithful in the past.
Give us all hope in this time of trial, and send your Spirit of Acceptance.
Bless her as she suffers with Jesus the Christ now and for ever.
Amen.

Lumpy
10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was not able to start threads under this new userID.

They have moved her appointment to this Monday, so at least we won't have to wait so long to find out what's going on.

Plz keep us posted. U and ur wife are in my thoughts.

Vegas_Dave
10-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Back several months ago, there was fear in my family that my wife might have Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Luckily for us, this was not the case.

While we still dont know what is going on with my wife medically, the months of agony of fearing IBC were absolutely the worst of my life. I have a large family here in my town and had plenty of people praying with us, being with us and frankly, it became overwhelming because honestly, I didnt want to talk about it anymore.

However, posting out here on CP, the words of encouragement from posters on here were easier for me to handle and honestly, more appreciated than those of people physically in contact with us.

So to whoever you are, I do wish you and your wife the best and hope and pray that it is not what you are fearing it is.

justme
10-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I remember that Dave. That's why I'm glad they moved her appointment up. Saves three weeks of wondering and worrying.

Dave Lane
10-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Can you do that? Does god have a anonymous prayer box? Interesting.

Halfcan
10-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Best wishes!

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping it's muscle-tissue or scar-tissue.

I'll say a prayer tonight for sure!

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the unknown poster and his family.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-15-2009, 03:31 PM

God knows who this person is because he can hack Daface's account.

Prayers sent!

justme
10-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks for all the prayers so far. Any chance a mod could sticky this?

Mr. Plow
10-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Prayers for you and your wife.

Inspector
10-16-2009, 08:25 AM
My family has also been whacked with the cancer hammer.

The majority of the time these types of events are false alarms. And a lot of times, I believe, they turn into false alarms due to the prayers of many that cause God to intervene and make it that way.

You can count on me and I will also contact someone I know who regularly brings requests to her prayer group.

It works. Just watch.

Best of luck to your family, you are all in our prayers.

KcFanInGA
10-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Praying for good results for you Anonymous. I can relate, cancer runs in my family, so we will keep you in our prayers here.

bevischief
10-16-2009, 09:15 AM
best wishes to whomever

Ebolapox
10-16-2009, 09:21 AM
best thoughts and mojo headed your way.

Hydrae
10-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Done

burt
10-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for all the prayers so far. Any chance a mod could sticky this?

Thoughts and prayers sent your way......

doomy3
10-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Prayers your way

RJ
10-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife.

Try to stay positive and keep yourselves busy. Our fears usually end up being worse than the reality. And try not to let the wife see how worried you are. Easier said than done, I know, but give it your best shot.

justme
10-19-2009, 03:24 PM
My wife had her appointment today and the doctor is pretty certain that it is cancer. She still needs to have a biopsy to confirm, which is scheduled for Oct. 30.

The good news is that the doctor says is what they call DCIS which is not invasive and has a high rate of successful treatment.

I would appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers.

wutamess
10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Breast cancer is one of the best cancers to get (sounds weird) but 1 in 8 women will get it and the survival rate is like 100% if caught early and still pretty good if caught @ stage 2 or so.

Coworker found out she had it last month... after researching it she found that she's 99% going to survive this one.

Hopefully if your wife or whoever has it that she's of the 100% percentile on this one.

justme
10-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Breast cancer is one of the best cancers to get (sounds weird) but 1 in 8 women will get it and the survival rate is like 100% if caught early and still pretty good if caught @ stage 2 or so.

Coworker found out she had it last month... after researching it she found that she's 99% going to survive this one.

Hopefully if your wife or whoever has it that she's of the 100% percentile on this one.

According to the doctor, this type only has a stage 0 (assuming the biopsy confirms it). It does not progress from that point.

That's very good news considering.

Fritz88
10-19-2009, 03:52 PM
She will be in my thoughts. All the luck to both of you.

Coach
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

BigRedChief
10-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Big or Small? Let's save them all.

Good luck with the diagnois and hopefully a quick and full recovery.

booger
10-19-2009, 10:41 PM
i don't know much about it but have heard it's very high rate of sucess if recovered early, so that should make you both feel good in a tough time.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife with this going forward!

HBKChiefs
10-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Done.

cdcox
10-20-2009, 12:20 AM
You've got it JM. Hope the prognosis stays optimistic and she fully recovers. God bless.

PhillyChiefFan
10-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Pray all turns out ok.

patteeu
10-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Best wishes for you and your wife, justme. I think there's good reason to be optimistic about this one.

Bowser
10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Done

Pink Paradise 2010
10-20-2009, 11:09 AM
i am so sorry, i have to see this situation all the time. it is very heart breaking. it hurts me to hear this because i hate watching everyone's lives changing because of this deadly disease. good luck and i will pray for you :) good luck on the tests :)

Earthling
10-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Prayers go out. I wish for the best.

SAUTO
10-20-2009, 05:44 PM
good luck, and prayers on the way man

Al Czervik
10-20-2009, 06:12 PM
God Bless you and your wife.....

Braincase
10-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Prayers

Chiefs=Champions
10-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Prayers sent!

ROYC75
10-21-2009, 07:28 AM

He knows all things, even those who wish to pray and don't. He is God!

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife JM.

mlyonsd
10-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Done. Stay positive.

Chaunceythe3rd
10-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Done.

insidenation
10-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I am praying for you now brother, just keep your faith to our Lord Jesus Christ, God speed your wife and all sick persons

Easy 6
10-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Done.

Do your best to keep her happy & distracted from it whenever possible.

Dartgod
10-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Since me and my wife have many friends on The Planet, she asked me to go ahead and reveal myself.

It is my wife that likely has breast cancer and I asked DaFace to start this thread for me.

She is very upbeat and positive, so that is good news. We still won't know anything for sure until her biopsy and the results, but could always use your prayers.

DaFace, if you would like to edit the thread starter with this info, then please do.

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Since me and my wife have many friends on The Planet, she asked me to go ahead and reveal myself.

It is my wife that likely has breast cancer and I asked DaFace to start this thread for me.

She is very upbeat and positive, so that is good news. We still won't know anything for sure until her biopsy and the results, but could always use your prayers.

DaFace, if you would like to edit the thread starter with this info, then please do.

Dude. Prayers and Best wishes headed your way. Very sorry to hear about your wife.

Bugeater
10-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Holy shit Dart, I'm sorry to hear that. I apologize for not speaking up sooner about this, but I admit that I was bit skeptical about this thread, you never know what kind of sick joke some of the dumbasses here will try to pull.

Dartgod
10-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Holy shit Dart, I'm sorry to hear that. I apologize for not speaking up sooner about this, but I admit that I was bit skeptical about this thread, you never know what kind of sick joke some of the dumbasses here will try to pull.
It's cool. At first she didn't want to tell anyone until we knew more, but I wanted to get this out there and solicite prayers. Since her doctors visit last week she has decided to go ahead and tell friends and family. It doesn't hurt to ghave as many people on your side as possible.

morphius
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
She will most definitely be added to my prayers.

(this list has gotten a little too long this last month, ugh)

KS Smitty
10-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Bob, you and Sophie are some great people, sending the best to you both and of course you both are in our prayers.

old_geezer
10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Let me add my prayers to the list. Remember, God is bigger than any and all of your problems. Keep your faith and rest in His comfort.

ChiefsChick
10-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife!

Rain Man
10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Sorry to hear, dartgod. Hopefully she can have it successfully treated and move happily on.

Norman Einstein
10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
It's cool. At first she didn't want to tell anyone until we knew more, but I wanted to get this out there and solicite prayers. Since her doctors visit last week she has decided to go ahead and tell friends and family. It doesn't hurt to ghave as many people on your side as possible.

Mr. Dartgod,

I know times like these are trying, I have an exceptionally good friend in the same boat. His wife just underwent surgery and they felt like they captured all of the bad stuff. There are plenty of quality hospitals that handle the surgery. Do your homework and find the best and take her there, if she means as much to you as my wife does to me there is no cost I would not bear to make sure she was OK.

I don't know where your faith lies, but it's the faith God has in you and your wife that is the premire point of contention. We, as humans, have little faith, God's faith is boundless as is his ability to touch us and completely heal our illnesses.

I'll add you to our prayer list and know deep in my heart that the hope for healing is in his hands and in your hearts.

dirk digler
10-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Dartgod you and your wife will be in my prayers. I hope and pray everything turns out alright.

RNR
10-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Dang Dart things like this make me want to hit something! You and your wife are in my thoughts

Dartgod
10-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Dang Dart things like this make me want to hit something! You and your wife are in my thoughts
Thanks. She had the biopsy today. Won't know anything till Wednesday at the earliest.

ROYC75
10-31-2009, 09:01 PM
You have my best wishes, thoughts and prayers. In fact, I will add her to our prayer list in the morning at church.

Tell Sophia it's all in God's healing hands now.

May God Bless you all during this time.

Coach
10-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife, Dart.

patteeu
11-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-03-2009, 12:55 AM

:(

You have my prayers.

RNR
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks. She had the biopsy today. Won't know anything till Wednesday at the earliest.

You are one of the good guys, and if this thing gets you upside down I hope you let one of us on the planet know so we can help more than just moral support~

shakesthecat
11-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Bob, you and Sophie will be in our thoughts and prayers

Dartgod
11-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for all the well-wishes and prayers. Still haven't heard back with the biopsy results.

Friggen doctors! :cuss:

Frazod
11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear about this, Bob. Best of luck to both of you.

stlchiefs
11-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Prayers your way.

stevieray
11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
whoa...damn.

please tell soph we'll be praying for you guys.

hang in there man.

ziggysocki
11-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Dartgod, the wife and I went through this situation after diagnosis in 2007. It has been a tough couple years, but now she is cancer free. If you wanna talk or have any questions from the husband point of view, PM me at any time.

Dartgod
11-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Fucking doctors. :shake:

My wife still hasn't heard back on her biopsy, so she calls the doctors office again. They "just discovered" that their fax machine hasn't been working. So they said if she doesn't hear back by Monday afternon to call back.

So we get to wait 10 days to find out whether or not my wife has breast cancer. Just lovely.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Fucking doctors. :shake:

My wife still hasn't heard back on her biopsy, so she calls the doctors office again. They "just discovered" that their fax machine hasn't been working. So they said if she doesn't hear back by Monday afternon to call back.

So we get to wait 10 days to find out whether or not my wife has breast cancer. Just lovely.

Note they never discount their prices for shitty service. They're one of few industries that can get away with that. I just hope it's good news though dude. Sincerely.

RJ
11-07-2009, 08:52 AM
****ing doctors. :shake:

Hope you guys can find something fun and distracting to do this weekend. Try to think good thoughts.

Dartgod
11-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Hope you guys can find something fun and distracting to do this weekend. Try to think good thoughts.
Raking, mulching and bagging leaves. It was a fucking blast. We get to do it again tomorrow. Yippee!!

Dartgod
11-09-2009, 08:04 PM
The biopsy results were benign, but now there is another area that they want to test. I guess the mammogram she had after the biopsy showed some significant change in size from the original mammogram. Not sure what that is all about. She is waiting for for a call back from the doctor to explain.

So good news on the original concern, but some uncertainty about this other area and possibly another biopsy.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. Keep 'em coming! :thumb:

patteeu
11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Good to hear about the test results. Hopefully the next round will be the same.

ziggysocki
11-10-2009, 09:07 AM
The biopsy results were benign, but now there is another area that they want to test. I guess the mammogram she had after the biopsy showed some significant change in size from the original mammogram. Not sure what that is all about. She is waiting for for a call back from the doctor to explain.

So good news on the original concern, but some uncertainty about this other area and possibly another biopsy.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. Keep 'em coming! :thumb:

That is very encouraging and good news! Hopefully you will luck out on the other hotspot and catch a big break.

KC Dan
11-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Great news Bob & Soph!!!

Dartgod
11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
The reason she has to get another biopsy is because the doctor said her previous biopsy results didn't jive with what she is seeing on the mammogram. The doctor says what she is seeing is highly suspicious as cancer so she wants to do a tissue biopsy this time and will be there when they do it so she can be sure they are getting the right area. So definitely some cause for concern still.

My wife says only she could have a benign biopsy result and the doctor not believe it. She's kind of bummed now where she had been upbeat before, so your continued thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

patteeu
11-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Will do. It sounds like even if this turns out to be cancer that it's being caught at a fairly early stage so keep your heads up.

Buehler445
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Jeesh, Bob. Hopefully this will get straightened out soon.

NY CHIEF
11-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Good news:clap:

GloryDayz
11-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Sweeeet...

patteeu
11-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Good news:clap:

Sweeeet...

I think you guys misread the thread unless you're serious subscribers to the no-news-is-good-news school. The news isn't bad, but it's too early to call it good, IMO.

Dartgod
11-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I think you guys misread the thread unless you're serious subscribers to the no-news-is-good-news school. The news isn't bad, but it's too early to call it good, IMO.
Thanks, I was going to post something similar.

I appreciate the thoughts guys, but we aren't out of the woods yet.

kregger
11-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Bob,
Thankfully, the doctor is taking the time to ensure that what she's seeing is really being tested. She could have taken the initial biopsy and concluded that is was benign and be done with it.
I hope and pray for your wife's sake that it really is benign, and that your doc is just leaving nothing to chance.
Good luck to the both of you.

Dartgod
11-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Bob,
Thankfully, the doctor is taking the time to ensure that what she's seeing is really being tested. She could have taken the initial biopsy and concluded that is was benign and be done with it.
I hope and pray for your wife's sake that it really is benign, and that your doc is just leaving nothing to chance.
Good luck to the both of you.
No doubt and my wife made the exact same observation.

Thanks.

Bwana
11-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Wow, done deal Bob.

Please give her our best from your Montana family partner. She will be in our thoughts and prayers.

KC Dan
11-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks, I was going to post something similar.

I appreciate the thoughts guys, but we aren't out of the woods yet.Yeah, I are an idiot and read it wrong before we pm'ed...Thinking and praying for you both

Dartgod
11-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone, this is Sophie (Mrs. Dartgod). Bob doesn't even know I'm on here posting at the moment. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being here for Bob. For those of you that know him personally, he wears his heart and emotions on his sleeve and that's why I love him. But I've just read all your encouraging thoughts and prayers and personally wanted to say Thank You! I'm scheduled to have a surgical biopsy next Wednesday because my docs not convinced I don't have cancer...figure that one out. Anyway, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers too! You are all our Special Family! Sophie

Over-Head
11-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Done! Hope all is well with you and the Mrs. there Bob.

KS Smitty
11-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi everyone, this is Sophie (Mrs. Dartgod). Bob doesn't even know I'm on here posting at the moment. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being here for Bob. For those of you that know him personally, he wears his heart and emotions on his sleeve and that's why I love him. But I've just read all your encouraging thoughts and prayers and personally wanted to say Thank You! I'm scheduled to have a surgical biopsy next Wednesday because my docs not convinced I don't have cancer...figure that one out. Anyway, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers too! You are all our Special Family! Sophie

Sophie and Bob, while I hate that you don't have a definitive answer at least you have a doctor that is concerned enough to make sure of the diagnosis. Prayers still being sent your way, and hoping for the best. Love you both!

BIG_DADDY
11-15-2009, 04:52 PM

Awesome!!! Made my weekend.

greg63
11-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Thoughts and prayers up for you both!

God Bless!

SAUTO
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM

damn man sorry to hear this. my prayers go out to you and your family.

PhillyChiefFan
11-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Best wishes and prayers to you both!

Dartgod
11-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks all. She's having the second biopsy today, so additional prayers appreciated!

RJ
11-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Additional prayers for Sophie and Dartgod on the way.

You guys stay positive. I don't know why it helps, but it helps.

Buck
11-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Prayers coming your way Dart and Mrs. Dart

Al Czervik
11-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Special prayers for Mr. and Mrs. Dartgod....

bevischief
11-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Prayers being sent your way, and hoping for the best.

ROYC75
11-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Sophie, you and Bob have our best thoughts and prayers as always. May God Bless you and the family as you face this trial. Keep the chin up, Carrie had 18 months in Feb. 2002. Doctors don't always know what God knows.

FTR, Carrie is continuing to lose strength, I can see the change in her. If she does a day of running with the kids she is 3 day recuperating in rest.

Stay positive,again, may God Bless You.

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks all. She's having the second biopsy today, so additional prayers appreciated!

Absolutely

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Godspeed

Dartgod
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Great news!

patteeu
11-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Great news!

Brilliant! Congrats.

Bugeater
11-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Great to hear that! PBJ

patteeu
11-23-2009, 06:53 PM
I slipped a video recorder in Dartgod's car this morning:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZHOQuswPwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZHOQuswPwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KC Dan
11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Great news!

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts and prayers. This place is so awesome!F'N A!!!!!!

stevieray
11-23-2009, 08:49 PM
:toast:

ROYC75
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Great news!

WONDERFUL NEWS!

PRAISE OUR GOD ABOVE MY FRIEND.:clap:

Buehler445
11-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Great, great news. So glad for you guys.

DaFace
11-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Great news. Congrats!

Dartgod
11-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks.

DaFace, you can take this sticky down anytime.

DaFace
11-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Will do. I figured I'd leave it up for a bit so people could hear the good news. :)

MVChiefFan
11-24-2009, 10:10 AM
That's absolutely wonderful Dartgod! I always enjoy news like this!

shakesthecat
11-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Awesome news!

Lumpy
11-24-2009, 10:19 AM
This is great to hear Dartgod!

Dartgod
11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Will do. I figured I'd leave it up for a bit so people could hear the good news. :)
I appreciate that.

BIG_DADDY
11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Awesome, should be the best holiday evar!!!!