PDA

View Full Version : Football Vick won’t see his former dogs

Deberg_1990
10-15-2009, 01:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-pitbull&prov=ap&type=lgns

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP)—A Bay Area pit bull advocacy group says Michael Vick(notes) has declined an invitation to visit eight of his former dogs this weekend when the Philadelphia Eagles are in town to play the Oakland Raiders.

The group BAD RAP (Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pitbulls) told The Associated Press on Wednesday that it extended the invitation through the Eagles to Vick last week to view his former dogs that were part of the dog fighting operation at Bad Newz Kennels in southeastern Virginia.

BAD RAP co-founder Tim Racer said the group picked a location that would have allowed Vick to view the dogs from behind a window at a distance that satisfied the conditions of his parole that bar him from being near animals.

Racer said the Eagles informed him Wednesday that Vick would decline the offer. An e-mail sent to an Eagles spokesman was not immediately returned.

“We understand Vick is trying to right his wrongs and is very interested in redemption, but you can’t find redemption without acknowledging your victims,” Racer said. “Making amends to the dogs themselves would have helped to create some closure for many of us, especially those people who worked so hard to keep them from being destroyed. It seems that Vick is not ready to go there.”

Oakland-based BAD RAP absorbed 10 of Vick’s dogs into its foster program after being given permission from the federal government to evaluate and rescue as many of the dogs as possible.

Sunday’s game against the Raiders is the first road game for Vick since being reinstated to the NFL following an 18-month prison sentence for his involvement in a dogfighting ring. A spokesman for the animal rights group, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said it has no plans to protest the game.

Demonpenz
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaa the victims? They're dogs. Vick could smash their face, then give them a bone and they would fuck his leg

L.A. Chieffan
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
making amends to the dogs?:spock:

jiveturkey
10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I wonder if Big Daddy is aware of this group.

88TG88
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
I wonder if Big Daddy is aware of this group.

Has he been on recently ?

blaise
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Dear Tim Racer,

You're a douchbag.

Thanks,
The World

Rain Man
10-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Why would you invite Vick to see the dogs? Keep Vick away from dogs. Keep Vick away from any living thing besides defensive tackles.

jiveturkey
10-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Has he been on recently ?Not that I'm aware of.

Brock
I think he should be allowed to visit them with bacon underwear on.

blaise
Why would you invite Vick to see the dogs? Keep Vick away from dogs. Keep Vick away from any living thing besides defensive tackles.

For publicity.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Why would you invite Vick to see the dogs?

Are you kidding me? How can these dogs ever expect to move on and lead normal lives if they cant see Vick face to face again to express their anger??

Lono
10-15-2009, 01:35 PM
These people only did this to get their name out there. Let's move on and leave him alone already. He paid his dues.

Sanka
10-15-2009, 02:05 PM
They should have the dogs attack the stupid fuck.

|Zach|
10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
These people only did this to get their name out there. Let's move on and leave him alone already. He paid his dues.

Agreed

Frazod
10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Isn't forcing a dog to stay in Oakland worse than making it fight?

Radar Chief
10-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Not that I'm aware of.

There was a HBD topic for him a couple of weeks ago and he dropped by to say thanks so I would assume he at least browses the board from time to time.

HemiEd
10-15-2009, 02:37 PM
There was a HBD topic for him a couple of weeks ago and he dropped by to say thanks so I would assume he at least browses the board from time to time.

Go up in the Gambling thread, he responded to me just a little while ago.

DumbHillbillies
10-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Making amends with the dogs ? WTF ? Are they going to carry on a conversation. They're dogs, he served his time 2yrs. These treehuggers are hilarious, probably publicity stunt.

GoHuge
10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
These people only did this to get their name out there. Let's move on and leave him alone already. He paid his dues.Agree and second.

Dave Lane
10-15-2009, 04:15 PM

Amen...

And only fast hard hitting ones.

lostcause
10-15-2009, 04:38 PM
I love how people concerned about animal rights are viewed as tree huggers. Vick did pay his dues to the Federal Justice System and has every right to be free, work in the NFL and do whatever. However, his mentality was so keenly fucked up that it might be good for him as a person to view these animals and try to bridge the gap mentally that maybe what he did was actually wrong - not just illegal.

Spicy McHaggis
10-15-2009, 04:48 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/michael_vick_fails_to_inspire_team

LaChapelle
10-15-2009, 05:15 PM
"...conditions of his parole that bar him from being near animals."

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Mike Vick was sent to prison today after he and a squirrel shared a bark bench.

tboss27
10-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Isn't forcing a dog to stay in Oakland worse than making it fight?

ROFL