PDA

View Full Version : News Redskins cheerleader disabled by flu shot

KingPriest2
10-16-2009, 06:16 PM
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/101509_celebs_reach_out_to_desiree_jennings_flu_shot_reaction

VideoPhotoDesiree Jennings
Regular Photo SizeWoman Disabled by Reaction to Flu ShotCelebs Reach Out to Desiree Jennings

There are new developments in the story FOX 5 first brought you…

Woman Disabled by Flu Shot Reaction

A few weeks ago, Desiree Jennings was training for a half …

Celebs Reach Out to Desiree Jennings
Local woman disabled by flu vaccine reaction
Updated: Thursday, 15 Oct 2009, 7:37 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 15 Oct 2009, 6:07 PM EDT

Claudia Coffey
By CLAUDIA COFFEY/myfoxdc
WASHINGTON, D.C. - There are new developments in the story FOX 5 first brought you about a Redskins cheerleader left disabled by a seasonal flu shot. Now, Desiree Jennings is adding a boost of star power to her cause.

An organization founded by actors Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey is so touched by Desiree's story that they have reached out to offer not only words of encouragement, but the organization's support.

Desiree Jennings' struggle is getting worldwide attention.

"It's been unreal," Jennings told FOX 5. "I didn't think anyone would even care about my story. People are sitting there crying and I can't understand why."

•TO WATCH FOX 5'S ORIGINAL STORY ON DESIREE JENNINGS AND HER CONDITION, FOLLOW THIS LINK.
She first spoke to FOX 5 about a severe reaction she suffered after getting a seasonal flu shot. Now, both Fairfax Inova and Johns Hopkins say Desiree suffers from a rare neurological disorder as a result of the flu shot. The condition is called dystonia, and it affects every aspect of her ability to function. One day after our story aired, Generation Rescue, an organization founded by actors Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey , reached out to Desiree.

"They are extremely helpful," Desiree said. "They have a lot of doctors that deal with vaccine interactions, and they have sent us so many other stories similar to mine. Unfortunately a lot of theirs are with children, which is worse. I can understand it happening to an adult, but not a little child that hasn't had a chance to live their life and can't speak, so I want to speak. They can't, and I want to help them, too," says Jennings.

McCarthy's 7-year-old son Evan is autistic. She founded Generation Rescue along with actor Jim Carrey to educate people about ways to reverse autism. The organization is now raising awareness over the safety of vaccines including flu shots. Generation Rescue's President Stan Kurtz was so touched by Desiree's story, the organization is hoping to fly her to Los Angeles for treatment.

"And the story is, anyone that sees-- it is just so compelling, Jenny was crying over it," says Kurtz.

Kurtz also believes with the proper treatment, some of her symptoms may be reversible.

"Well, unfortunately we happen to be very good at handling vaccine injury. We've got a lot of doctors that have experience in doing that, so our doctors and our resources are completely available to her, and we're going do everything we can to give her a lot of options to, to help take care to help recover from this condition as best we can," says Kurtz.

For Desiree, it's a glimmer of hope and a chance at getting her life back.

"Get back to my normal life, but still have had a chance to warn people as well," says Jennings.

Still, the Centers for Disease Control says the seasonal flu vaccine is safe and recommends it to the general public. Desiree, in the meantime, wants to get her message out about her concerns over the safety of vaccines.

Mecca
10-16-2009, 06:17 PM
See I always knew there was a reason I didn't get flu shots.

boogblaster
10-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Wonder where they injected her ..........

Bwana
10-16-2009, 06:44 PM

That's no bullshit. I WILL NOT get a flu shot. Just take extra vitamin D and it is every bit as effetive as a flu shot, without this kind of risk.

kcmaxwell
10-16-2009, 07:53 PM
That's no bullshit. I WILL NOT get a flu shot. Just take extra vitamin D and it is every bit as effetive as a flu shot, without this kind of risk.

This kind of reaction happens maybe one in a BILLION times. And the saying that getting the flu shot gives you the flu is so much BS... any vaccine that is injected is a dead virus... it can not reproduce and make you sick... what happens is that it takes up to 2 weeks for your body to produce the antibodies to the virus. So if you are exposed to the virus prior to that, then you get the flu, and "the shot gave me the flu!!" Sorry, I don't mean to come off like a jerk, or jump on anybody... But I travel around giving flu shots to different companies here in town, and I hear that stuff all the time. You folks have a good night.

Maxwell

Mecca
10-16-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't get flu shots because I hate needles so I'm not getting any kind of shot I don't need.

Lonewolf Ed
10-16-2009, 07:58 PM
This kind of reaction happens maybe one in a BILLION times. And the saying that getting the flu shot gives you the flu is so much BS... any vaccine that is injected is a dead virus... it can not reproduce and make you sick... what happens is that it takes up to 2 weeks for your body to produce the antibodies to the virus. So if you are exposed to the virus prior to that, then you get the flu, and "the shot gave me the flu!!" Sorry, I don't mean to come off like a jerk, or jump on anybody... But I travel around giving flu shots to different companies here in town, and I hear that stuff all the time. You folks have a good night.

Maxwell

Soooo, since it takes 2 weeks to work, then if you are not sick when you get this wonderous flu shot, you should quarantine yourself for that time period to ensure you don't run into the virus in question. Yeah, where is the line? I want to pay my 29 bucks for a shot now!

kcmaxwell
10-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't get flu shots because I hate needles so I'm not getting any kind of shot I don't need.

Now that sentiment i understand fine! Im not crazy about shots either, but the flu sucks!! last time i had that i was off work and in bed for about a week... that was alot of fun!! had a flu shot every year since then!! aside from the random uncontrolled shouting, im fine...

maxwell

kcmaxwell
10-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Soooo, since it takes 2 weeks to work, then if you are not sick when you get this wonderous flu shot, you should quarantine yourself for that time period to ensure you don't run into the virus in question. Yeah, where is the line? I want to pay my 29 bucks for a shot now!

so dont get it, i care...

alnorth
10-16-2009, 08:31 PM
last time I had a flu shot, I got sick.

just say'n...

when that happens, it means you basically got unlucky. Had you gotten the virus a week or two later you'd have no problem, but a day or two after the shot and youll get the flu. The shot didnt cause it, you were doomed by destiny to get the flu that year, the shot was just too late and was irrelevant.

That, or its a year where the CDC blew it and failed to identify the strain that would come over that year, which actually happened 2 or 3 years ago when the flu shot wasnt very effective simply because they guessed wrong.

JD10367
10-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Never had a flu shot.

Haven't died from the flu yet.

ArrowheadMagic
10-16-2009, 08:37 PM
I'd like to give her neurologically screwed up butt a shot of pee.

JD10367
10-16-2009, 08:48 PM
I'd like to give her neurologically screwed up butt a shot of pee.

Hey, this could cross to the Halloween costume thread: a white sheet over you, like a ghost, with a hole cut out and your schlong sticking through it, and on the sheet, you write, "FLU SHOT, FEMALES ONLY... TAKEN VAGINALLY OR ANALLY" with an arrow pointing towards your wanker. :)

ArrowheadMagic
10-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Beats dressing up like sperm and being part of the Fallopian Swim team.

bowener
10-16-2009, 10:29 PM

Sadly, I too am a big baby, so I try very hard to avoid interactions with needles.

Kept me away from Heroin I guess though...

JD10367
10-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Sadly, I too am a big baby, so I try very hard to avoid interactions with needles.

Kept me away from Heroin I guess though...

I also hate needles. However, having passed 40 and realizing it's pretty essential to get yearly blood tests, I have devised a simple solution: I do not look at them. I've never even seen what the blood-drawing needle looks like. I sit down, let them tie off the arm, and then I look away and close my eyes and say, "I'm fine with it if I don't see it." I clench the fist, I grit my teeth against the stab of the needle going in, and I don't open my eyes until I feel the tourniquet come off and the cotton ball get Band-Aided onto the hole.

Saccopoo
10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
I also hate needles. However, having passed 40 and realizing it's pretty essential to get yearly blood tests, I have devised a simple solution: I do not look at them. I've never even seen what the blood-drawing needle looks like. I sit down, let them tie off the arm, and then I look away and close my eyes and say, "I'm fine with it if I don't see it." I clench the fist, I grit my teeth against the stab of the needle going in, and I don't open my eyes until I feel the tourniquet come off and the cotton ball get Band-Aided onto the hole.

You fucking pussy. I stitch myself if the cuts too deep. Wash it out with bourbon first though.

JD10367
10-16-2009, 10:43 PM
You ****ing pussy. I stitch myself if the cuts too deep. Wash it out with bourbon first though.

This is about needles, not cuts. F**k that, bitch, I pull the bullets out with pliers, and I drink the bourbon instead of washing the wounds with it, so there. :D

10-17-2009, 01:13 AM
I can't believe it hasn't been said yet.

Worthless
without
pics

Simply Red
10-17-2009, 01:20 AM
GoChiefs!!!! OMG!!

You could drag her around by the arm, with you, EVERYWHERE!!

Bwana
10-17-2009, 07:16 AM

Maxwell

No hard feelings Max, to each their own. My primary problem with this crap is, there was not time to adequately test the vaccine before it was brought into them mainstream. That being said, people out there are nothing more than guinea pigs right now. Remember what happened in 1976?

I am going to stick with eating right, stocking up on Vitamin D and leave the guinea pig work to other folks. There is some decent reads on the subject at the web page I linked below. As I stated above, to each their own, but after doing a lot of research on the subject, I'll take a pass.

Peace

Out

http://www.naturalnews.com/026717_swine_flu_flu_vaccine_swine_flu_vaccine.html

bevischief
10-17-2009, 08:12 AM

Maxwell

BS When I was forced to get the in service I got the damn flu every year. Don't get me started about getting yellow fever and all the other shots and the side effects they caused you Assh#$#.:cuss::cuss:

bevischief
10-17-2009, 08:13 AM
No hard feelings Max, to each their own. My primary problem with this crap is, there was not time to adequately test the vaccine before it was brought into them mainstream. That being said, people out there are nothing more than guinea pigs right now. Remember what happened in 1976?

I am going to stick with eating right, stocking up on Vitamin D and leave the guinea pig work to other folks. There is some decent reads on the subject at the web page I linked below. As I stated above, to each their own, but after doing a lot of research on the subject, I'll take a pass.

Peace

Out

This.

kepp
10-17-2009, 08:25 AM

Peace

Out

Its created just like any other flu vaccine is. The only difference is that they know what strain to make it for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
10-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Its created just like any other flu vaccine is. The only difference is that they know what strain to make it for.
Posted via Mobile Device

They take their "best guess" when they "brew it up," which may, or may not work. Often the virus will mutate after that and renders it useless.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027231_Vitamin_D_immune_system_vaccines.html

baitism
10-17-2009, 09:04 AM
****ing Jenny McCarthy! Still riding the "vaccines cause autism train" even though it has been disproven like 1000x by scientific studies. It's bullshit like this that is going to bring back polio and other nearly extinct illnesses.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Where Jenny McCarthy is off is in saying that "vaccines cause autism" by painting with such broad strokes. It's reductive and incorrect. Are their increased levels of some mercury-based preservatives in some vaccines? Can mercury cause neurological damage? Yes. Does that mean that vaccines are bad, writ large? No. In fact, MMR vaccines are a great thing for children. The only caveat is for their to be proper quality control to ensure that there aren't increased levels of mercury-based preservatives.

wazu
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
"vaccines cause autism" has been disproven like 1000x by scientific studies.

Link please.

Bwana
10-17-2009, 09:35 AM
****ing Jenny McCarthy!

Mmmm Jenny! worthless W/O pictures.

http://www.softpicks.net/screenshots/Jenny-McCarthy-Bikini-and-Lingerie-Screensaver.jpg

Coach
10-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Haven't had a flu shot in awhile, and I been pretty good.

Bwana pretty much nailed it. Take Vit. D and eating right, and you'll be fine.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Bwana also forgot to mention the importance of eating your boogers.

FUCK YOU, BWANA, YOU CHARLATAN!! FUCK YOU!!

Bwana
10-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Bwana also forgot to mention the importance of eating your boogers.

**** YOU, BWANA, YOU CHARLATAN!! **** YOU!!

Yeeeeeeeah, I think I'll take a pass on that one. :spock:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeeeeeeeah, I think I'll take a pass on that one. :spock:

Is it necessary that I drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway, because it's sterile and I like the taste.

Bwana
10-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Is it necessary that I drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway, because it's sterile and I like the taste.

Bear! Bear Grylls!?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fHn-jgdR1SE/SVMyz2KufvI/AAAAAAAAAls/oJJG7-ffo74/s400/bear_grylls_drinking_turtle_blood.jpg

Simply Red
10-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Bear! Bear Grylls!?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fHn-jgdR1SE/SVMyz2KufvI/AAAAAAAAAls/oJJG7-ffo74/s400/bear_grylls_drinking_turtle_blood.jpg

I never saw that episode, after seeing the piss-sack in fish's turtle massacre thread. I doubt i'd ever get that thirsty, i'd probably just die, or something.

baitism
10-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Link please.

Researcher Fabricated Autism Link in Vaccine
Posted by JeanneSager

The man who launched a decade's-long fear for parents heading to have their children vaccinated has been proven a forgery.

The Sunday Times revealed the results of an investigation today showing Andrew Wakefield, the man who posited that the MMR vaccine was at the root of the increased autism diagnoses, fabricated his research.

Published in 1998 in The Lancet, the study claimed eight out of twelve children vaccinated with the MMR innoculation began showing symptoms that fall somewhere on the autism spectrum within days of getting the shot. It was performed at the same time as another study, for which Wakefield was paid, that was supposed to help parents who believed there was a link between the two put up a legal case. Some of the kids were used in both studies, and Wakefield has often been accused of crossing a clear ethical boundary in performing both studies.

The study has borne numerous attacks over the years - in part because it included just twelve children - but it is the most-often quoted piece of evidence by parents who point a finger at pro-vax parents as risking their kids' lives (this despite studies published in the time period since that have debunked his story). The investigation by the Times is just another nail in the coffin for that line of thinking. The investigation revealed that in most of the twelve cases, the ailments described in Wakefield's published reports were different from their hospital and general practitioner records.

From the Times: "Although the research paper claimed that problems came on within days of the jab, in only one case did medical records suggest this was true, and in many of the cases medical concerns had been raised before the children were vaccinated."

I feel for parents of autistic children who are searching for a reason. Autism is very real and equally terrifying, but as a parent who has vaccinated her child, I have always bristled at the inference that I am a bad parent for making that choice - with so little evidence to support their claims.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/archive/2009/02/08/researcher-fabricated-autism-link-in-vaccine.aspx

Vaccines didn't cause autism, court rules

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A special court ruled Thursday that evidence presented in three cases by parents of children with autism did not prove a link between autism and certain early childhood vaccines.

The ruling came from a panel of "special masters" who began hearing three test cases in 2007 involving children with autism -- a disorder that their parents contend was triggered by the vaccine against measles, mumps and rubella combined with vaccines containing thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative.

Three families -- the Cedillos, the Hazlehursts and the Snyders -- sought compensation from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, but the panel ruled that they had not presented sufficient evidence to prove that the childhood vaccines caused autism in their children.

"I feel deep sympathy and admiration for the Cedillo family," Special Master George L. Hastings Jr. wrote in his ruling in the case involving 14-year-old Michelle Cedillo, who cannot speak, wears a diaper and requires round-the-clock monitoring in case she has a seizure.

"And I have no doubt that the families of countless other autistic children, families that cope every day with the tremendous challenges of caring for autistic children, are similarly deserving of sympathy and admiration. However, I must decide this case not on sentiment, but by analyzing the evidence," Hastings wrote. "In this case the evidence advanced by the petitioners has fallen far short of demonstrating such a link." Video Dr. Gupta: A look at the life of Michelle Cedillo »

In a statement shortly after the release of the decisions, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said it continues to support research "to better understand the cause of autistic disorders and develop more effective methods of treatment." Paging Dr. Gupta blog: What the ruling tells us

However, "the medical and scientific communities ... have found no association between vaccines and autism."

"Hopefully, the determination by the Special Masters will help reassure parents that vaccines do not cause autism," the statement said.

Autism Speaks, a large autism advocacy organization, called for continued examination of the disorder's contributing factors.

"The causes of autism remain poorly understood. ... We will continue to support authoritative research that addresses unanswered questions about whether certain subgroups of individuals with particular underlying medical or genetic conditions may be more vulnerable to adverse effects of vaccines," the Autism Speaks statement reads, in part.

The Autism Society of America, one of the oldest and largest autism grassroots organization in the country, also called for more research into autism's causes.

"ASA believes that the science of autism causes and treatments need to be more vigorously researched. ... Individuals living with autism need help today, and this case illustrates the need for the medical community to probe further into environmental causes of autism. Like all families affected by autism, these families deserve to be heard and supported in their journey raising their children."

Since 2001, thousands of parents of autistic children have filed petitions seeking compensation from the VICP at HHS. Visit CNNhealth.com, your connection to better living

By mid-2008, more than 5,300 cases had been filed in the program -- and 5,000 of those were still awaiting adjudication, according to the agency. Video Watch Dr. Gupta discuss how court reached its decision.

A litigation steering committee is representing thousands of families that fall into three categories: those that claim that the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine can combine with thimerosal-containing vaccines to cause autism; those who claim thimerosal-containing vaccines alone can cause autism; and those who claim that MMR vaccines, without any link to thimerosal, can cause autism.

Prior to the release of Thursday's rulings, an attorney for the families, Thomas Powers, said the expected rulings would affect only the families that fall under the first category.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/12/autism.vaccines/index.html

ilovemichaelsettle
10-17-2009, 10:39 AM

well i think that it depends on how your body functions, i got mine, and i feel fine :) but thats why you take vitamin c pills at this time in our world, you would not believe how well they work

Bwana
10-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Researcher Fabricated Autism Link in Vaccine
Posted by JeanneSager

It's a roll of the dice and depends what you read doesn't it? Like I said, to each their own. I would say yes to the young, the old and people with compromised immune systems, but other than that I'd pass and go with vitaman D. That's just my opinion. I can see a valid argument for both sides.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027178_vaccines_autism_NaturalPedia.html

Bwana
10-17-2009, 11:04 AM
I boosted this from Wolfmans thread....thanks Russ! :D

H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Insert Admits It Causes Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Vasculitis,..

<HR style="COLOR: #cccccc" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Insert Admits It Causes Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Vasculitis, Paralysis, Anaphylactic Shock And Death

Bird Flu Pandemic
Tuesday, Sept 29th, 2009

The package insert for the Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine manufactured by Novartis has been leaked on the Internet. According to that package insert, the vaccine (based on an earlier vaccine product known as Fluvirin) is known to cause a whole host of very nasty side effects such as guillain-barre syndrome, vasculitis, anaphylactic shock and even death.

Of course anyone who has been studying vaccine side effects already knows that it causes all of these things, but the story here is that the insert for the swine flu vaccine itself is admitting all of these things. The insert says that it was updated during September 2009, so it reflects the very latest information.

You can read the package insert for this vaccine for yourself right here…..

http://www.fluscam.com/Vaccine_Packa..._UCM182242.pdf (http://www.fluscam.com/Vaccine_Package_Inserts_files/Novartis_A-H1N1_2009_Monvalent_VaccinePackageInsert_BasedOn1980Approvalfor%20Fluvirin_UCM182242.pdf)

The following is a list of some of the very nasty side effects that the vaccine package insert admits to…..

*Local injection site reactions (including pain, pain limiting limb movement, redness, swelling, warmth, ecchymosis, induration)
*Hot flashes/flushes
*Chills
*Fever
*Malaise
*Shivering
*Fatigue
*Asthenia
*Facial edema.
*Immune system disorders
*Hypersensitivity reactions (including throat and/or mouth edema)
*In rare cases, hypersensitivity reactions have lead to anaphylactic shock and death
*Cardiovascular disorders
*Vasculitis (in rare cases with transient renal involvement)
*Syncope shortly after vaccination
*Digestive disorders
*Diarrhea
*Nausea
*Vomiting
*Abdominal pain.
*Blood and lymphatic disorders
*Local lymphadenopathy
*Transient thrombocytopenia.
*Metabolic and nutritional disorders
*Loss of appetite.
*Arthralgia
*Myalgia
*Myasthenia
*Nervous system disorders
*Headache
*Dizziness
*Neuralgia
*Paraesthesia
*Febrile convulsions
*Guillain-Barré Syndrome
*Myelitis (including encephalomyelitis and transverse myelitis)
*Neuropathy (including neuritis)
*Paralysis (including Bell’s Palsy)
*Respiratory disorders
*Dyspnea
*Chest pain
*Cough
*Pharyngitis
*Rhinitis
*Stevens-Johnson syndrome
*Pruritus
*Urticaria
*Rash (including non-specific, maculopapular, and vesiculobulbous).

Doesn’t all that sound wonderful?

Doesn’t that make you want to run out and sign up to get vaccinated?

Now keep in mind that this is just what the H1N1 swine flu vaccine insert admits to.

What else will this vaccine do to you if you take it?

That is something to think about my friends.

So is there anything that you can do to protect yourself if you are forced to take the swine flu vaccine?

Yes, there most certainly is.

Dr. Russell Blaylock is an expert on vaccines and their side effects, and he has distributed a list of things that you can do to reduce the nasty side effects of the swine flu vaccine…..

http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topic...duce-the-toxic (http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/how-to-reduce-the-toxic)

Dr Blaylock’s List of suggestions on How to Reduce the Toxic Effects of the A/H1N1 Vaccine, is as follows:

1. Number one on the list says Dr Blaylock, is to bring a cold pack with you and place it on the site of the injection as soon as you can, as this will block the immune reaction. Once you get home, continue using a cold pack throughout the day. If you continue to have immune reactions the following day, have cold showers and continue with the cold press.

2. Take fish oil. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), one of the omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oil supplements, is a potent immune suppressant. If you take high dose EPA you will be more susceptible to infections, because it is a powerful immune suppressant. However, in the case of an immune adjuvant reaction, you want to reduce it. Studies show that if you take EPA oil one hour before injecting a very powerful adjuvant called lipopolysaccharide (LPS), it would completely block the ability of the LPS to cause brain inflammation. Take a moderate dose everyday and more if needed to tame a cytokine storm.

3. Flavonoids are third on the list, namely curcumin, quercetin, ferulic acid and ellagic acid, particularly in a mixture. The curcumin and quercetin in particular have been found to block the ability of the adjuvants to trigger a long-term immune reaction. If you take it an hour before the vaccination, it should help dampen the immune reactions says Dr Blaylock.

4. Vitamin E, the natural form that is high in gamma-E will help dampen the immune reactions and reduces several of the inflammatory cytokines.

5. An important ingredient on the list is Vitamin C at a dose of 1000 mg, taken four times a day between meals. It is a very potent anti-inflammatory and should be taken in a buffered form, not as absorbic acid, says Dr Blaylock.

6. Also use astaxanthin as it’s an anti-inflammatory. According to Dr Blaylock, fatal reactions to vaccines in aboriginal and African children occurred in those who were deficient in carotinoids, like astaxanthin. It is a good protection against the toxic effects of the vaccine.

7. Likewise, it was found that children who were deficient in zinc had a high mortality rate. Zinc is very protective against vaccine toxicity. (Do not use zinc mixed with copper however, as copper is a major trigger of free-radical generation according to Dr Blaylock).

8. Ensure you avoid all immune-stimulating supplements, such as mushroom extracts, whey protein and beta-glucan.

9. Take a multivitamin-mineral daily one that does not contain iron. This multivitamin-mineral is to make sure your body has plenty of B vitamins and selenium. Selenium, said Dr Blaylock, is very important for fighting viral infections and it reduces the inflammatory response to vaccines.

10. Magnesium citrate/malate 500 mg of elemental magnesium two capsules, three times a day. (This was not mentioned during the show, but was posted at Dr Deagle’s website, ClayandIron.com).

11. What is very important is vitamin D3, which is the only ‘vitamin’ the body can manufacture from sunlight (UVB). It is a neural hormone, not really a vitamin says Dr Blaylock and helps if you are over-reacting immunologically by cooling down the reaction. Similarly, if you are under-reacting, it helps to boost your immune response. In addition it also protects against microorganism invasion.

Black people and those in colder climates are particularly deficient, so they will almost certainly require supplementation.

Dr Blaylock recommends that following vaccination it will help to keep the immune reaction under control if:

i) All children get 5,000 units a day for two weeks after the vaccine and then 2,000 a units a day thereafter;

ii) Adults get 20,000 units a day after the vaccine for two weeks, then 10,000 units a day thereafter;

iii) And with that adults should take 500-1000 mg of calcium a day and children under the age of 12 years should take 250 mg a day, as vitamin D works more efficiently in the presence of calcium.

12. Ensure you avoid all mercury-containing seafood or any other sources of mercury, as the heavy metal is a very powerful inducer of autoimmunity, is known to make people more susceptible to viral infections and will be in H1N1 vaccines.

13. Avoid the oils that significantly suppress immunity and increase inflammation – such as corn, safflower, sunflower, soybean, canola and peanut oils.

14. Drink very concentrated white tea at least four times a day. It helps to prevent abnormal immune reactions.

15. Pop parsley and celery in a blender and drink 8 ounces of this mixture twice a day. Dr Blaylock says the parsley is very high in a flavonoid called apigenin and that celery is high in luteolin. Both are very potent in inhibiting autoimmune diseases, particularly the apigenin, so go and plant some parsley in your garden now.

So what can we learn from all of this?

First of all, if you blindly trust that the swine flu vaccine or even the regular seasonal flu vaccine is perfectly safe, then you are being completely and totally reckless.

The reality is that no vaccine is 100% safe.

Before you ever let someone stick a needle in your arm, do some serious research and find out about these things for yourself.

After you get vaccinated, you are responsible if something goes wrong. If you develop some really nasty side effects, nobody is going to pay for it.

Thanks to the government, you will not be able to sue anyone for harm you receive from the swine flu vaccine. If it destroys your health you are out of luck.

Secondly, if you have taken a flu vaccine, there are some things you can do. Take Dr. Blaylock’s suggestions seriously. The human body is an incredible healing machine if you give it the materials that it needs.

If you have any other information about the swine flu vaccine, mandatory vaccinations or flu pandemic planning please leave a comment and let us know. This is shaping up to be a very interesting winter, and hopefully we can all get through this as healthy as possible.

http://thebirdflupandemic.com/ (http://thebirdflupandemic.com/)
<!-- / message -->

Coach
10-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah.... that's a hell of a side effects....

I think I'll just stick with the H1N1 and fight it out by myself without any vaccine.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-17-2009, 03:19 PM
damn, that would suck... poor girl

alnorth
10-17-2009, 03:27 PM
It's a roll of the dice and depends what you read doesn't it? Like I said, to each their own. I would say yes to the young, the old and people with compromised immune systems, but other than that I'd pass and go with vitaman D. That's just my opinion. I can see a valid argument for both sides.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027178_vaccines_autism_NaturalPedia.html

in the case of autism, it is not really "depends on what you read". There are no credible studies that have ever linked the two. This has always been a paranoid fantasy by a few loud and ignorant parents.

As for GBS, this is one of those hilariously rare side-effects similar to people having very bad and rare reactions to aspirin and antibiotics. Some people are just born with eggshell skulls, vulnerable to the slightest touch to the head that wouldnt bother anyone else. Sucks to be them, they were born screwed. That doesnt change the fact that you are taking a far greater risk when you drive a car 5 miles than anything you may get from a shot.

Lonewolf Ed
10-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah.... that's a hell of a side effects....

I think I'll just stick with the H1N1 and fight it out by myself without any vaccine.

I wonder if I can get your shot and mine and have twice the side effects? Oooh, that would be great!

Halfcan
10-17-2009, 03:43 PM
last flu shot I got made me sick as a dog

alnorth
10-17-2009, 03:47 PM
All that said, there are some perfectly reasonable reasons not to get a flu shot if your healthy. I'm not even talking about paranoid fears of "danger", because thats just a laughable non-issue to me.

Some people hate shots and needles to the point where they would rather get sick than get stuck. Fine, in that case they really arent getting a benefit.

Some people may look at this as a cost-benefit economic issue. The cost: about $29, and the hassle of making time to chase down a shot in some clinic, then dealing with the needle, etc. The benefit: You are roughly 50-75% less likely to get the flu, but without the shot just from the luck of the draw you can probably avoid the flu at least half the time unless you are around large groups of germ-ridden kids or sick people. When you dont get the flu in a given year, its not usually because your immune system is simply terrific, its usually because you just didnt get the virus at all that year. Its not automatic that youll get the virus every year, so some years the shot is a waste of time and money. When you do get the shot and dont get sick, you wont really know if the shot helped, you may not have even gotten the virus. On top of that, some years the CDC guesses wrong and a different flu strain comes over.

So, at best, if your a teacher who gets exposed to all the bugs every single year, getting the shot can help you not get sick when you otherwise would have every other year. For most people its only once every 3 years it saves you from 3 or 4 days of flu.

So, there's that potential of it being a waste of money, plus some people arent bothered by the flu as much. Not necessarily because they have fewer symptoms, but just they have a higher pain/sick tolerance and can "tough it out" more than some people. To them, that $29 shot is not worth as much as someone who gets laid out on the couch for 3 days.

For me the shot is basically free (work pays for it) and convenient (shot given at work), plus I hate being sick so its worth it, but it might not be for someone who is always busy, money is tight, and the flu doesnt bother them.

alnorth
10-17-2009, 03:52 PM
last flu shot I got made me sick as a dog

more likely you got the shot too late. If you get the virus a day after you get the shot, then the shot is useless. Thats another thing to add on to my cost-benefit post above.

(on that note, given that H1N1 is now running rampant, and an H1N1 shot only helps if you avoid the real thing for a week, then the value of an H1N1 shot is probably a lot less than it would have been a month ago)

Halfcan
10-17-2009, 03:53 PM
more likely you got the shot too late. If you get the virus a day after you get the shot, then the shot is useless. Thats another thing to add on to my cost-benefit post above.

actually I had not been sick for 3 years prior-not even a cold.

alnorth
10-17-2009, 04:02 PM
actually I had not been sick for 3 years prior-not even a cold.

If you arent around large groups of kids or sick people, you have better than a 50-50 chance of not getting the flu virus. Lets call it 60%

(0.60)^3 = 21.6%, so its not strange at all to miss the flu 3 years in a row. You cant get the flu from the shot, and not getting the shot doesnt make your immune system "better". Its a crapshoot that youll even get the virus at all.

StcChief
10-17-2009, 04:47 PM
If you arent around large groups of kids or sick people, you have better than a 50-50 chance of not getting the flu virus. Lets call it 60%

(0.60)^3 = 21.6%, so its not strange at all to miss the flu 3 years in a row. You cant get the flu from the shot, and not getting the shot doesnt make your immune system "better". Its a crapshoot that youll even get the virus at all.exactly..avoid people at work with little kids. (sorry they are germ carriers).

our whole office got flu shots free on the company. I'm still avoiding people with kids.

Bwana
10-17-2009, 04:50 PM
NY Health care workers don''t want to get the shot? Say it isn't so.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027259_health_flu_vaccine_vaccines.html

kcfanXIII
10-17-2009, 06:10 PM

Maxwell

link to your chances of this happening? do you enjoy injecting people with mercury or causing the body to attack naturally occurring oils in your body? do some research on the shit your pushing.

Bwana
10-17-2009, 07:07 PM
link to your chances of this happening? do you enjoy injecting people with mercury or causing the body to attack naturally occurring oils in your body? do some research on the shit your pushing.

Bingo: another great read on the subject..........

Ten questions about flu vaccines that doctors and health authorities refuse to answer..........

(NaturalNews) Vaccine mythology remains rampant in both western medicine and the mainstream media. To hear the vaccination zealots say it, vaccines are backed by "good science," they've been "proven effective" and they're "perfectly safe."

Oh really? Where's all that good science? As it turns out, there's isn't any. Flu vaccines (including swine flu vaccines) are based entirely on a vaccine mythology that assumes all vaccines work and no vaccines can be scientifically questioned. Anyone who dares question the safety or effectiveness of vaccines is immediately branded a danger to public health and marginalized in the scientific community.

Here are ten questions vaccine-pushing doctors and health authorities absolutely refuse to answer:

#1) Where are the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies proving flu vaccines are both safe and effective?

Answer: There aren't any. (http://www.naturalnews.com/027239_v... (http://www.naturalnews.com/027239_vaccines_flu_vaccine_.html))

#2) Where, then, is the so-called "science" backing the idea that flu vaccines work at all?

Answer: Other than "cohort studies," there isn't any. And the cohort studies have been thoroughly debunked. Scientifically speaking, there isn't a scrap of honest evidence showing flu vaccines work at all.

#3) How can methyl mercury (Thimerosal, a preservative used in flu vaccines) be safe for injecting into the human body when mercury is an extremely toxic heavy metal?

Answer: It isn't safe at all. Methyl mercury is a poison. Along with vaccine adjuvants, it explains why so many people suffer autism or other debilitating neurological side effects after being vaccinated.

#4) Why do reports keep surfacing of children and teens suffering debilitating neurological disorders, brain swelling, seizures and even death following flu vaccines or HPV vaccines?

Answer: Because vaccines are dangerous. The vaccine industry routinely dismisses all such accounts -- no matter how many are reported -- as "coincidence."

#5) Why don't doctors recommend vitamin D for flu protection, especially when vitamin D activates the immune response far better than a vaccine? (http://www.naturalnews.com/027231_V... (http://www.naturalnews.com/027231_Vitamin_D_immune_system_vaccines.html))

Answer: Because vitamin D can't be patented and sold as "medicine." You can make it yourself. If you want more vitamin D, you don't even need a doctor, and doctors tend not to recommend things that put them out of business.

#6) If human beings need flu vaccines to survive, then how did humans survive through all of Earth's history?

Answer: Human genetic code is already wired to automatically defend you against invading microorganisms (as long as you have vitamin D). (http://www.naturalnews.com/027231_V... (http://www.naturalnews.com/027231_Vitamin_D_immune_system_vaccines.html))

#7) If the flu vaccine offers protection against the flu, then why are the people who often catch the flu the very same people who were vaccinated against it?

Answer: Because those most vulnerable to influenza infections are the very same people who have a poor adaptive response to the vaccines and don't build antibodies. In other words flu vaccines only "work" on people who don't need them. (And even building antibodies doesn't equate to real-world protection from the flu, by the way.)

#8) If the flu vaccine really works, then why was there no huge increase in flu death rates in 2004, the year when flu vaccines were in short supply and vaccination rates dropped by 40%? (http://www.naturalnews.com/027239_v... (http://www.naturalnews.com/027239_vaccines_flu_vaccine_.html))

Answer: There was no change in the death rate. You could drop vaccination rates to zero percent and you'd still see no change in the number of people dying from the flu. That's because flu vaccines simply don't work.

#9) How can flu vaccines reduce mortality by 50% (as is claimed) when only about 10% of winter deaths are related to the flu in the first place?

They can't. The 50% statistic is an example of quack medical marketing. If I have a room full of 100 people, then I take the 50 healthiest people and hand them a candy bar, I can't then scientifically claim that "candy bars make people healthy." That's essentially the same logic behind the "50% reduction in mortality" claim of flu vaccines. (http://www.naturalnews.com/027239_v... (http://www.naturalnews.com/027239_vaccines_flu_vaccine_.html)).

#10) If flu vaccines work so well, then why are drug makers and health authorities so reluctant to subject them to scientific scrutiny with randomized, placebo-controlled studies?

Answer: Although they claim such studies would be "unethical," what's far more unethical is to keep injecting hundreds of millions of people every year with useless, harmful vaccines that aren't backed by a shred of honest evidence.

Vaccine voodoo?

The vaccine industry is about making money, not actually offering immune protection against the flu. Whether people get the flu or not is irrelevant to the bottom-line profits of the drug companies. What matters most is that people continue to take the flu shots, and making that happen depends entirely on pushing the vaccine mythology that infects the minds of doctors and health authorities today.

There was a time when all "good" doctors believed in bloodletting. Sickness was caused by evil spirits, they thought, and releasing pints of blood from the patient would clear the evil spirits and accelerate healing. Any doctor who questioned the science behind bloodletting was called a "denier." All the "good" doctors said, "We know bloodletting works, so we don't need science to back it up."

Today, you hear the exact same thing about vaccines. "We know they work," doctors claim, "so we don't need any real science to back it up." Anyone who questions the safety of flu vaccines (or H1N1 vaccines) is branded a "denier." Anyone who asks for solid scientific evidence supporting the efficacy of vaccines is called a troublemaker. They don't need any evidence. They already know vaccines work.

With that being the case, why bother calling it medicine at all? Why not just call it VOODOO? Why not accompany vaccines with the wave of a magic wand and some shamanic chanting? Maybe doctors should tell their patients to cross their fingers before being injected with a vaccine because "that makes it work better."

Seriously. Everything that doctors accuse "quacks" of doing with homeopathy, or herbs, or energy medicine is now being done by the doctors themselves when it comes to vaccines. They are following the exact same "quackery" they accuse other of pursuing.

This brings me to an important observation about modern medicine: MY quackery is okay, but YOUR quackery isn't!

That's the attitude of vaccine-pushing doctors and health authorities. As long as the quackery is widely agreed upon by the medical masses, then to heck with actual scientific evidence.

Quackery only needs good company, not good science, to be accepted as true.

Why natural medicine is inherently safer

Of course, these vaccine devotees might say, well, you don't have any good evidence to support your anti-viral herbs, or your medicinal teas, or your vitamin D nutrition either. But in saying that, they miss the whole point: Foods, herbs and nutrition are all natural, biocompatible healing elements that have been part of the human experience for as long as humans have roamed this planet. A chemical injection with a sharp needle that pierces the skin, on the other hand, is extremely interventionist. It's unnatural and in many ways quite radical. As such, it demands a higher burden of scientific proof than something that human beings have evolved with over time.

Foods, herbs and natural medicines have been around for millions of years. Vaccines have existed for less than a hundred years, and routine season flu vaccinations have really only been pushed hard for less than twenty years. They have no track record of success. They aren't natural, they aren't compatible with human biology, and they contain extremely toxic substances that clearly do not belong in the human body.

Given such extremes, the burden of proof for both safety and efficacy of vaccines falls onto those who would advocate them. And yet, to this day, no such proof has been offered... or is even pursued. There isn't even a plan in place to someday find out if flu vaccines really work. The whole plan is to just pursue "business as usual" and keep injecting people whether it really works or not.

Vaccine needles would be far more honest if they were shaped like question marks.

Flu vaccines are the voodoo of modern medicine.

Seriously. You would have the same level of protection from the flu if you brought your own personal voodoo doll to the clinic and had them inject that with the vaccine instead of you!

That's an interesting idea, actually. We could really reduce national health care costs if we just administered western medicines to our voodoo dolls instead of our actual bodies. Got cancer? Just poison your voodoo doll with chemotherapy. Side effects are almost non-existent. Need heart bypass surgery? Just have them operate on the doll (it's far less complicated). Want some protection from the winter flu? Just vaccinate the doll. It's quick and painless.

The results would be no worse than what people are experiencing right now. In fact, in most cases they might actually be better.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027258_vaccines_flu_vaccine.html

rootbeerafloat
10-17-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm sure the websites naturalnews.com and fluscam.com are completely unbiased and don't have an agenda they're trying to push. No chance.

Great sources.

MahiMike
10-17-2009, 10:53 PM

That and the fact that they don't really stop the flu and the shots themselves are filled with poisons. NEVER get a flu shot!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/10/21/avoid-flu-shots-vitamin-d-is-a-better-way.aspx

alnorth
10-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Bingo: another great read on the subject..........

When the source is "naturalnews dot com", you've got problems.

#1) Where are the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies proving flu vaccines are both safe and effective?

Answer: There aren't any.

#2) Where, then, is the so-called "science" backing the idea that flu vaccines work at all?

Answer: Other than "cohort studies," there isn't any. And the cohort studies have been thoroughly debunked. Scientifically speaking, there isn't a scrap of honest evidence showing flu vaccines work at all.

Apparently these folks have never heard of the CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/FLU/PROFESSIONALS/VACCINATION/effectivenessqa.htm).

To say these studies have been debunked is silly. There are a ton of studies showing the effectiveness of vaccines, but there is no credible peer-reviewed study or paper "debunking" the effectiveness of vaccines that I'm aware of.

#3) How can methyl mercury (Thimerosal, a preservative used in flu vaccines) be safe for injecting into the human body when mercury is an extremely toxic heavy metal?

Answer: It isn't safe at all. Methyl mercury is a poison. Along with vaccine adjuvants, it explains why so many people suffer autism or other debilitating neurological side effects after being vaccinated.

From an article answering this one: "Thimerosal is ethyl mercury, not methyl mercury which is a critical difference as ethyl mercury doesn’t accumulate in the body like methyl mercury. Regardless of that, almost all evidence points to no ill effects from thimerosal in vaccines."

From wikipedia: "Most conclusively, eight major studies (as of 2008) examined the effect of reductions or removal of thiomersal from vaccines. All eight demonstrated that autism rates failed to decline despite removal of thiomersal, arguing strongly against a causative role."

These nutty "vaccines cause autism!!!" folks never provide solid credible studies showing the link. Meanwhile, here are eight different studies showing no link.

1 (http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/13/1281), 2 (http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/114/3/577), 3 (http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/112/3/604), 4 (http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/290/13/1763), 5 (http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/114/3/584), 6 (http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/118/1/e139), 7 (http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/65/1/19), 8 (http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0749379703001132)

#4) Why do reports keep surfacing of children and teens suffering debilitating neurological disorders, brain swelling, seizures and even death following flu vaccines or HPV vaccines?

Answer: Because vaccines are dangerous. The vaccine industry routinely dismisses all such accounts — no matter how many are reported — as “coincidence.”

This is an actual argument? Correlation is not the same thing as causation. I’m sure hundreds of people have got in car accidents after getting a flu vaccine as well. Is that the flu vaccine’s fault?

#5) Why don't doctors recommend vitamin D for flu protection, especially when vitamin D activates the immune response far better than a vaccine?

Answer: Because vitamin D can't be patented and sold as "medicine." You can make it yourself. If you want more vitamin D, you don't even need a doctor, and doctors tend not to recommend things that put them out of business.

Cool, a conspiracy theory. It’s not an either/or situation. Vitamin D does strengthen the immune system. However, a strong immune system doesn’t keep you from getting the flu.

#6) If human beings need flu vaccines to survive, then how did humans survive through all of Earth's history?

Answer: Human genetic code is already wired to automatically defend you against invading microorganisms (as long as you have vitamin D).

strawman argument. No one is saying that "human beings need vaccines to survive". It can help a few people survive but by and large we are talking about avoiding the flu, not avoiding the plague.

Human beings also survived without blood transfusions too. Sure, a few people who got cut and bled out may have died, guess it sucks to be them. Human beings as a species dont NEED blood transfusions, chemotherapy, or good hygiene while preparing food.

#7) If the flu vaccine offers protection against the flu, then why are the people who often catch the flu the very same people who were vaccinated against it?

Answer: Because those most vulnerable to influenza infections are the very same people who have a poor adaptive response to the vaccines and don't build antibodies. In other words flu vaccines only "work" on people who don't need them. (And even building antibodies doesn't equate to real-world protection from the flu, by the way.)

This is nonsense. The first paragraph is simply dead-ass wrong. As for the second, the only difference between getting a killed virus and a live one in the wild is the former is not going to give you the flu. In both cases, the body's response is the same.

#8) If the flu vaccine really works, then why was there no huge increase in flu death rates in 2004, the year when flu vaccines were in short supply and vaccination rates dropped by 40%?

Answer: There was no change in the death rate. You could drop vaccination rates to zero percent and you'd still see no change in the number of people dying from the flu. That's because flu vaccines simply don't work.

First, when your talking about deaths you are talking about a pretty small number so thats not really even the concern.

If they want to go there though, I guess these idiots cant explain H1N1 in 2009, then. The vaccine came too late to be a lot of help, and death among children from the flu is startlingly high compared to most years. We still have a few months to go, and we already have more deaths from young people than in most seasons.

From the CDC: "86 US children have died from the H1N1 swine flu since the virus emerged last spring, with 43 of those deaths coming in September and early October alone. During the past three years, deaths among children from the regular seasonal flu ranged from 46 to 88 annually."

#9) How can flu vaccines reduce mortality by 50% (as is claimed) when only about 10% of winter deaths are related to the flu in the first place?

They can't. The 50% statistic is an example of quack medical marketing. If I have a room full of 100 people, then I take the 50 healthiest people and hand them a candy bar, I can't then scientifically claim that "candy bars make people healthy." That's essentially the same logic behind the "50% reduction in mortality" claim of flu vaccines.

50% may be fairly high, but to say it is zero is simply not believable considering that we are basically in a season where vaccination is much less than normal due to the H1N1 flu coming earlier than vaccines for almost everyone. Its clear this is going to be the deadliest flu for children we've seen in a long time, and probably for the population as a whole when this is finished in a couple months.

#10) If flu vaccines work so well, then why are drug makers and health authorities so reluctant to subject them to scientific scrutiny with randomized, placebo-controlled studies?

Answer: Although they claim such studies would be "unethical," what's far more unethical is to keep injecting hundreds of millions of people every year with useless, harmful vaccines that aren't backed by a shred of honest evidence.

To say this is untested is simply wrong. The method used to make vaccines has not changed in years.

Bwana
10-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm sure the websites naturalnews.com and fluscam.com are completely unbiased and don't have an agenda they're trying to push. No chance.

Great sources.

ROFL

As apposed to big pharmaceutical companies? Yeeeeeeeeeah, no agenda there right? :shake:

On a side note, it looks like you have been "lurking" for 8 month's. I'm glad you decided to post, but am surprised a thread on the flu is what drew you out of the closet.

Bwana
10-18-2009, 10:17 AM
To say this is untested is simply wrong. The method used to make vaccines has not changed in years.

Al: legitimate points can be made for or against both sides of the debate, as well as an argument that both sources “have an agenda.” I can see I am not going to change your mind on the subject, which is all good and not my intent. I can also assure you that you won’t swaying my position on the subject. I just wanted to throw out a few points that may, or may not be in the mainstream. <O:p

<O:p
I have been around here for several years and you have seen thousands of my posts. Do I come across as a Euell Gibbons, nut and granola cruncher type? I’m not on some kind of a crusade to knock modern society back into the dark ages and forgo all prescription drugs, not by any means.<O:p

My main point is, with modern medicine, they are times it comes at a high cost. I know you have seen the looooooooooong list of side effects every time a pharmaceutical company advertises one of their products on TV. They have some person in the commercial with a, “I just won the lottery grin” telling you how great their product is. Meanwhile, down at the bottom of the screen (or at the lightning fast speed of an auctioneer at the end of the commercial) they enlighten us of the “possible side effects.” It’s generally a rather extensive long winded list.<O:p

That being said, I will go to the doc and get a prescription, if I really need it. I don’t even like to take ibuprofen unless I’m really hurting and avoid prescription drugs if at all possible.

As stated above, there is an argument for both cases and people are certainly welcome to there own opinion and choices.<O:p

peace<O:p
Out <O:p

irishjayhawk
10-18-2009, 10:51 AM
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2008/09/thestupiditburns.jpg

Pretty simple:

1) There is ZERO evidence vaccinations cause autism.
2) The side effects of flu shots (specifically H1N1) are no worse than your average aspirin. Hell, any drug lists about every side effect there is. How many do most people normally get? One or two max.
3) Sometimes there are adverse reactions to vaccines. It doesn't mean we should discard them altogether. Polio, anyone?

JD10367
10-18-2009, 10:56 AM
There is ZERO evidence vaccinations cause autism.

And there is "zero" evidence they don't. I don't trust the medical profession or FDA to tell me the sky is blue. How many mistakes have there been? Thalidimyde (sp.), toxic shock syndrome, too many drugs to count that have been recalled, etc.,. They told us saccharin was evil so they invented aspartame, which has a lot of bad press and side effects but saccharin was recently exonerated. I barely trust a drug that's been in release for 10 years, never mind a newly-designed flu shot.

Sometimes there are adverse reactions to vaccines. It doesn't mean we should discard them altogether. Polio, anyone?

You can't get through polio with orange juice and a box of Kleenex for the most part.

Coach
10-18-2009, 11:14 AM
It's funny. Nobody mentioned this.

Pics.

Bwana
10-18-2009, 12:07 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2wxhewKdsk0LpM:http://www.clownscharacters.com/jpgs/roger%2520leprechaun.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.clownscharacters.com/jpgs/roger%2520leprechaun.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sportbikez.net/forum/f11/prop-3-17-guiness-attempts-to-make-st-pattys-official-19449/&usg=__pFrRcmirqC9R9ymoOpfGcIvLEtE=&h=683&w=500&sz=118&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=2wxhewKdsk0LpM:&tbnh=139&tbnw=102&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddrunken%2Bleprechaun%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1)

3) Sometimes there are adverse reactions to vaccines. It doesn't mean we should discard them altogether. Polio, anyone?

Link to someone saying that?? :shrug: I must have missed that post.

Bwana
10-18-2009, 12:24 PM
On a side note, as bad as the skins look today, I have to ask, did the entire team get a flu shot? :evil:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:a2iAyB8hyLc9NM:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uPjFnd3mwRs/SsYC4nuxaEI/AAAAAAAAAjU/nAtDWZBcPco/s320/funnyredskins.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uPjFnd3mwRs/SsYC4nuxaEI/AAAAAAAAAjU/nAtDWZBcPco/s320/funnyredskins.jpg&imgrefurl=http://bradfordpearson.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-funhouse-deadskins.html&usg=__n2ruxmAXiz1VoZyOsVsggySelpc=&h=320&w=302&sz=18&hl=en&start=64&um=1&tbnid=a2iAyB8hyLc9NM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwashington%2Bdeadskins%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D60%26um%3D1)

jidar
10-18-2009, 02:26 PM

Actually the risk is pretty similar. In fact it's also similar to taking asprin and ibuprofen.

jidar
10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
The best thing about the vaccine paranoid crowd is natural selection.

irishjayhawk
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
And there is "zero" evidence they don't. I don't trust the medical profession or FDA to tell me the sky is blue. How many mistakes have there been? Thalidimyde (sp.), toxic shock syndrome, too many drugs to count that have been recalled, etc.,. They told us saccharin was evil so they invented aspartame, which has a lot of bad press and side effects but saccharin was recently exonerated. I barely trust a drug that's been in release for 10 years, never mind a newly-designed flu shot.

You mean science isn't all just sunshine and rainbows? :rolleyes:

Sure, mistakes have been made but risking herd immunity - like not just your own child but other people's children - is more dangerous than the mistakes made by the industry.

You can't get through polio with orange juice and a box of Kleenex for the most part.

True, but it also provides a solid example of how vaccinations WORK. Small pox is another.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2wxhewKdsk0LpM:http://www.clownscharacters.com/jpgs/roger%2520leprechaun.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.clownscharacters.com/jpgs/roger%2520leprechaun.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sportbikez.net/forum/f11/prop-3-17-guiness-attempts-to-make-st-pattys-official-19449/&usg=__pFrRcmirqC9R9ymoOpfGcIvLEtE=&h=683&w=500&sz=118&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=2wxhewKdsk0LpM:&tbnh=139&tbnw=102&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddrunken%2Bleprechaun%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1)

Link to someone saying that?? :shrug: I must have missed that post.

Bill Maher, for one, continues to say it. Many DC contributors discard or dislike all vaccines, period. It's shared by many, many people. And the leader, at the moment, is Jenny McCarthy.

I would agree, except that parents not vaccinating their kids affects herd immunity and can kill otherwise intelligent parent's kids as well as their own. That's why their paranoia is more dangerous than it is irrelevant. Birthers aren't dangerous because their nonsense is irrelevant. Anti-Vaccination people are dangerous because their nonsense has real world implications; specifically the death of their own and, more importantly, OTHERS.

Here's a great open letter written by Michael Shermer of Skeptic Magazine (http://richarddawkins.net/article,4465,An-Open-Letter-to-Bill-Maher-on-Vaccinations,Michael-Shermer) to Bill Maher (and all other anti-vac people):

An Open Letter to Bill Maher on Vaccinations

From a Fellow Skeptic

By Michael Shermer
Editor of Skeptic magazine and “Skeptic” columnist for Scientific American

Dear Bill,

Years ago you invited me to appear as a fellow skeptic several times on your ABC show Politically Incorrect, and I have ever since shared your skepticism on so many matters important to both of us: creationism and intelligent design, religious supernaturalism and New Age paranormal piffle, 9/11 “truthers”, Obama “birthers”, and all manner of conspiratorial codswallop. On these matters, and many others, you rightly deserved the Richard Dawkins Award from Atheist Alliance International.

However, I believe that when it comes to alternative medicine in general and vaccinations in particular you have fallen prey to the same cognitive biases and conspiratorial thinking that you have so astutely identified in others. In fact, the very principle of how vaccinations work is additional proof (as if we needed more) against the creationists that evolution happened and that natural selection is real: vaccinations work by tricking the body’s immune system into thinking that it has already had the disease for which the vaccination was given. Our immune system “adapts” to the invading pathogens and “evolves” to fight them, such that when it encounters a biologically similar pathogen (which itself may have evolved) it has in its armory the weapons needed to fight it. This is why many of us born in the 1950s and before may already have some immunity against the H1N1 flu because of its genetic similarity to earlier influenza viruses, and why many of those born after really should get vaccinated.

Vaccinations are not 100% effective, nor are they risk free. But the benefits far outweigh the risks, and when communities in the U.S. and the U.K. in recent years have foregone vaccinations in large numbers, herd immunity is lost and communicable diseases have come roaring back. This is yet another example of evolution at work, but in this case it is working against us. (See www.sciencebasedmedicine.org for numerous articles answering every one of the objections to vaccinations.)

Vaccination is one of science’s greatest discoveries. It is with considerable irony, then, that as a full-throated opponent of the nonsense that calls itself Intelligent Design, your anti-vaccination stance makes you something of an anti-evolutionist. Since you have been so vocal in your defense of the theory of evolution, I implore you to be consistent in your support of the theory across all domains and to please reconsider your position on vaccinations. It was not unreasonable to be a vaccination skeptic in the 1880s, which the co-discovered of natural selection—Alfred Russel Wallace—was, but we’ve learned a lot over the past century. Evolution explains why vaccinations work. Please stop denying evolution in this special case.

As well, Bill, your comments about not wanting to “trust the government” to inject us with a potentially deadly virus, along with many comments you have made about “big pharma” being in cahoots with the AMA and the CDC to keep us sick in the name of corporate profits is, in every way that matters, indistinguishable from 9/11 conspiracy mongering. Your brilliant line about how we know that the Bush administration did not orchestrate 9/11 (“because it worked”), applies here: the idea that dozens or hundreds pharmaceutical executives, AMA directors, CDC doctors, and corporate CEOs could pull off a conspiracy to keep us all sick in the name of money and power makes about as much sense as believing that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and their bureaucratic apparatchiks planted explosive devices in the World Trade Center and flew remote controlled planes into the buildings.

Finally, Bill, please consider the odd juxtaposition of your enthusiastic support for health care reform and government intervention into this aspect of our medical lives, with your skepticism that these same people—when it comes to vaccinations and disease prevention—suddenly lose their sense of morality along with their medical training. You excoriate the political right for not trusting the government with our health, and then in the next breath you inadvertently join their chorus when you denounce vaccinations, thereby adding fodder for their ideological cannons. Please remember that it’s the same people administrating both health care and vaccination programs.

One of the most remarkable features of science is that it often leads its practitioners to change their minds and to say “I was wrong.” Perhaps we don’t do it enough, as our own blinders and egos can get in the way, but it does happen, and it certainly happens a lot more in science than it does in religion or politics. I’ve done it. I used to be a global warming skeptic, but I reconsidered the evidence and announced in Scientific American that I was wrong. Please reconsider both the evidence for vaccinations, as well as the inconsistencies in your position, and think about doing one of the bravest and most honorable things any critical thinker can do, and that is to publicly state, “I changed my mind. I was wrong.”

With respect,

Michael Shermer

kcfanXIII
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
do you shotters think there is nothing harmful about the adjuvant squalene?

irishjayhawk
10-18-2009, 07:34 PM
do you shotters think there is nothing harmful about the adjuvant squalene?

It's almost like snopes-ing things. You know, it's called google.

http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/topics/adjuvants/squalene/questions_and_answers/en/

kcfanXIII
10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
It's almost like snopes-ing things. You know, it's called google.

http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/topics/adjuvants/squalene/questions_and_answers/en/

ya, but i can google it and find one that says its bad:

http://hmg.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/10/6/565

Arthritis development was<sup> </sup>provoked in Oia3-congenic rats by intradermal injection of different<sup> </sup>adjuvant oils. One successful arthritis trigger was squalene,<sup> </sup>which is approved for vaccinations in humans and has been implicated<sup> </sup>in Gulf War syndrome

ziggysocki
10-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Did the players get the same shot before the game today?

kcfanXIII
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM

or is oxford not a good source?

Bwana
10-18-2009, 08:29 PM

Thanks for posting douche bag, now go fix global warming. :thailor:

kcfanXIII
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for posting douche bag, now go fix global warming. :thailor:

the anti vaccine crowd feels the same way about the shotters. or at least find some irony in his post.

irishjayhawk
10-19-2009, 06:21 AM

Indeed, it is a good source. Unfortunately, you have done what most deniers of things do: they quote mine.

For one, it produced an experimental arthritis. For two, it produced this experimental arthritis in congenic mice. For three, it's specifically for the congenic strain called Oia3 which is identified as a genetic factor for oil-induced arthritis. For four, it doesn't say how much squalene is necessary to produce arthritis. Could be that it needs well more than the 10mg found in some vaccines. Moreover, it says it's only a trigger. It might induce it or it might not.

In all, it's extremely flimsy.

kcfanXIII
10-21-2009, 12:54 AM
well, you can have the shot, and mine too. when this much evidence comes back that something might be wrong, and then the producers are granted immunity from anything that goes wrong, somethings up. i'll pass.

Param
11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
She's been cured! hehe

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/11/desiree_jennings_cured.php?utm_source=selectfeed&utm_medium=rss

video included in link

KCChiefsMan
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UCy6k_SA0JE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UCy6k_SA0JE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sure-Oz
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
She's been cured! hehe

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/11/desiree_jennings_cured.php?utm_source=selectfeed&utm_medium=rss

video included in link

i cant see this at work, but is it true

Param
11-06-2009, 04:10 PM
i cant see this at work, but is it true

Well now I'm starting to wonder if she made it all up.

Simply Red
11-24-2009, 05:52 PM

Great sources.

dumbest post i've ever read, possibly.