PDA

View Full Version : Football Al Davis Stands By His Man

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 10:58 PM
From nationalfootballpost.com...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is preaching patience when it comes to struggling quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Russell has the second-lowest quarterback rating in the NFL with a 47.1 mark, ranking last in accuracy with a 42.1 completion percentage.

Sticking up for Russell, Davis referenced the early struggles of Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Ken Stabler and Jim Plunkett, Joe Montana, Steve Young and Dan Fouts.

"Look at Doug Williams," Davis told USA Today. "Warren Moon had to go to Canada. The only one who came in ready was Dan Marino. And he never won a Super Bowl."

Still, even Davis acknowledged, that Russell has to improve markedly.

"JaMarcus, he's got to do better," Davis said. "Forget the cast around him. He knows it. But we've got to fight through it with him."

The Raiders are 1-4 and have scored only 49 points

And the losing is wearing on Davis.

"My team's not doing well, so I'm not doing well," Davis said.

ArrowheadMagic
10-16-2009, 10:59 PM
God Bless Al Davis.

Hammock Parties
10-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I wonder what the record is for lowest completion percentage in a year...I'm sure lard butt is close. I seem to recall a few scrubs completing like 49 percent in a 16-game season in the last 20-25 years. Maybe Heath Shuler or some chump.

BryanBusby
10-16-2009, 11:05 PM
seriously lol'lin Al Davis is the best

JD10367
10-16-2009, 11:09 PM
"Sticking up for Russell, Davis referenced the early struggles of Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Ken Stabler and Jim Plunkett, Joe Montana, Steve Young and Dan Fouts.

"Look at Doug Williams," Davis told USA Today. "Warren Moon had to go to Canada. The only one who came in ready was Dan Marino. And he never won a Super Bowl."

Wow. Just... wow. Where do you begin to comment on those comparisons?

I hope they're hiding all the sharp implements from the Cryptkeeper and not letting him drive. He's obviously gone totally senile...

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 11:11 PM
After referencing Doug Williams and Warren Moon, why didn't he just say "and hey, they were both black QB's too." What a tard.

ZootedGranny
10-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I wonder what the record is for lowest completion percentage in a year...I'm sure lard butt is close. I seem to recall a few scrubs completing like 49 percent in a 16-game season in the last 20-25 years. Maybe Heath Shuler or some chump.

Using this (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi), with the criteria being that they played in at least 16 games, Doug Williams "put up" 41.8% in '79.

Hammock Parties
10-16-2009, 11:13 PM
And for a winning football team. Jesum crow.

How the fuck did that guy throw 4 TDs in a SB?

EDIT- The same way that bum Jay Schroeder got them to the playoffs. LMAO.

Of course Al Davis loved Jay, too. I bet you can play six degrees of separation with Al Davis.

RealSNR
10-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Whenever I read a statement by Al Davis, I read it in my head with the same tone of voice that reads everything said by Voldemort in Harry Potter.

ChiefGator
10-17-2009, 05:10 AM
God Bless Al Davis.

Yep... Awesome.

RedDread
10-17-2009, 05:28 AM
As soon as they got rid of Garcia I knew they weren't going to win more than 4 games. I hope Al Davis lives forever.

JD10367
10-17-2009, 07:02 AM
As soon as they got rid of Garcia I knew they weren't going to win more than 4 games. I hope Al Davis lives forever.

And buys the Chargers and Broncos.

And, for me, the Jets, Bills, and Fins. :)

Reerun_KC
10-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Sure he is, JM already came in to Arrowhead and issued the Chiefs a beatdown...

Al Davis is one happy man...

Kerberos
10-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Wonder if Al Davis will stand behind Cable when they come to haul him off in handcuffs?

TennisMenace
10-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Al doesn't know football anymore. Times they are a changin! Rest in peace with JaMarcus...

JuicesFlowing
10-17-2009, 12:06 PM
In other words, Al Davis is too proud to swallow his pride, he knows he overpaid for an overrated QB. That's all.