PDA

View Full Version : Football I can't wait until Tebow enters the NFL

NewChief
10-17-2009, 05:07 PM
and sucks ass.

So overhyped.

TrickyNicky
10-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm going to crack up when Gruden gets hired by a team and he takes Tebow with his first pick.

Buck
10-17-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm going to crack up when Gruden gets hired by a team and he takes Tebow with his first pick.

Whatever team that is will have 5 QBs on the roster.

chiefs1111
10-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Tebow isn't even going to play qb in the NFL he will be a FB/TE. Iam a Gator fan and even Iam getting sick of hearing about him. The media acts likes he's the whole team and he's not

NewChief
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Tebow isn't even going to play qb in the NFL he will be a FB/TE. Iam a Gator fan and even Iam getting sick of hearing about him. The media acts likes he's the whole team and he's not

Yeah. You put Tebow on any team other than Florida, and he would prove to be extraordinarily average. I was just imagining him playing for Arkansas during the game, and how bad he would suck.

allen_kcCard
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
This thread is worthless without pics of the Tebone girl.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah. You put Tebow on any team other than Florida, and he would prove to be extraordinarily average. I was just imagining him playing for Arkansas during the game, and how bad he would suck.

The Hogs nearly pulled it off... while Ryan struggled early (against a nice defense on the road), I like the future of the Hogs' passing game.

the Talking Can
10-17-2009, 05:55 PM
no way he can play qb in the nfl

the Talking Can
10-17-2009, 05:56 PM
i have jacksonville friends who are convinced they will draft him for marketing reasons...poor bastards

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Tebow is a pretty good athlete. I sure hope he's prepared to play FB/TE NFL, cuz no one is gonna give him a shot at QB.

Mecca
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
What are you talking about, Tebow is Jesus just ask anyone.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Tebow's athleticism is ridiculously overhyped. He's got decent size and he falls forward, but the first time he tries that zone read in an NFL PS game, he's going to get KTFO'd

FD
10-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I can't imagine him playing anything other than FB, and only that as a marketing ploy.

Crush
10-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Don't doubt Jesus Christ II: Electric Boogaloo. He is going to revolutionize the QB position. 15 year career - 15 Pro Bowls - 15 MVPs - Rookie of the Year - 15 Lombardis - 15 SB MVPs. He will be inducted into the HOF midway through his rookie season.

Mecca
10-17-2009, 06:44 PM
You know what I never understand...

These teams who run with their QB's a lot, why don't they tell the defenders to do what a NFL defense would do...light his ass up.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Hes a winner and a great COLLEGE QB.

If anyone thinks hes more than that, then yes they are overhyping him.

NewChief
10-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Hes a winner and a great COLLEGE QB.

If anyone thinks hes more than that, then yes they are overhyping him.

I have literally heard national commentators say that he's the best they've seen play the game.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Whoever drafts him needs to have Holmgren as their coach. I bet it will be either Jacksonville, Washington or New England.
Posted via Mobile Device

jAZ
10-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I didn't see anything today, but as a pure college player he's an all time great. As a pro-prospect I don't think he's over hyped at all.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I have literally heard national commentators say that he's the best they've seen play the game.

Obviously thats a little overblown, but hes definately one of the college football greats.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2009, 07:27 PM
I bet he ends up playing safety like Eric Crouch.

Mecca
10-17-2009, 07:28 PM
"He wills his team to win"

Yea it has nothing to do with all the NFL talent out there.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Tebow's athleticism is ridiculously overhyped.

Tyler Thigpen is a better athlete. ROFL

NewChief
10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
"He wills his team to win"

Yea it has nothing to do with all the NFL talent out there.

No doubt. I'd love to throw him on a team with average talent and see how he does. I'm sure he would still be fairly impressive, but he wouldn't be the Football Jesus that we get to hear about every 2 minutes. Arkansas made him look spectacularly average for the majority of the game. If it weren't for Florida's spectacular defense (and our own ineptitude on offense), we smack them down by about 21 points.

TEX
10-18-2009, 12:37 AM

You would...:rolleyes:

The guy is a leader / winner. He is a great college QB. Don't know how he'll turn out as a pro, but he won't play Safety. He has too much pride. It's QB or bust.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-18-2009, 12:44 AM

The guy is a leader / winner. He is a great college QB. Don't know how he'll turn out as a pro, but he won't play Safety. He has too much pride. It's QB or bust.

Probably both.

TEX
10-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Probably both.

Yep. But it won't change the player that he was / is in college.

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Tebow's best bet would be to drafted by New England. Go be Brady's understudy, work on his mechanics (he has a decent arm), run a few trick dick plays, and not having to worry about being the man.

RealSNR
10-18-2009, 12:56 AM

The guy is a leader / winner. He is a great college QB. Don't know how he'll turn out as a pro, but he won't play Safety. He has too much pride. It's QB or bust.I haven't played on a football team since high school, but I see the comments he makes and what he does on the sideline. Guy is an utter douchebag. If I played for Florida I'd hate his guts.

Thig Lyfe
10-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Chris Cooper looks like an old Tim Tebow in American Beauty.

salame
10-18-2009, 01:58 AM

Wasn't Lynch a college qb too?

icepick64
10-18-2009, 04:31 AM
Tebow is the best story in college football. Good guy, good values and doesn't smack bitches up
Posted via Mobile Device

Kerberos
10-18-2009, 04:41 AM
This thread is worthless without pics of the Tebone girl.

Ask and YOU shall receive.

MoreLemonPledge
10-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Tebow will be drafted to be a QB. He'll go way too early to be drafted as a project at FB/TE/S. No team would take him over a 3 or 4 year starter at any of those positions, and quality FBs don't even get drafted. Some teams will covet him because of his intangibles alone, but he won't be drafted by some team just to be a project.

Besides, Pat White was drafted in the second round to play QB. You think the same couldn't happen for Tebow?

JuicesFlowing
10-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Whatever team that is will have 5 QBs on the roster.

Philadelphia might want him then.

Coach
10-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Wasn't Lynch a college qb too?

Yes, before switching over to safety while at Stanford.

Scott Frost is another one. Played QB in Nebraska, converted to Safety when he went to NY Jets.

EyePod
10-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Colt McCoy is a million times better....

blaise
10-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Tebow won't be an NFL QB, but to pretend he isn't one of the all time great college football players is retarded.

blaise
10-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Yes, before switching over to safety while at Stanford.

Scott Frost is another one. Played QB in Nebraska, converted to Safety when he went to NY Jets.

Tebow doesn't have the speed to play DB in the NFL though. Crouch and Frost could try because they did. They ran outside the tackles as college QBs. Tebow's a fullback when he runs.

notorious
10-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Quarterback in the modern NFL is about mindset ,being smart, and being a leader. Having a cannon arm and being a physical specimen is not near as important as having a good head.

People hate Tebow because of the hype of Florida. Guess what, they deserve it. They have kicked ass for years now, and he has been the leader of their dominance.

Look at the successful QB's in the NFL. A fairly large number of them had to fight, scratch, and claw their way to the top. They had to overcome many obstacles, work hard, and earn everything they get. They also have the mental makeup in which they will not allow themselves to lose.

Tebow fits the mold of a great NFL QB mentally. He needs work on the mechanics side, which, with good coaching can be fixed. The offensive system at Florida is about as far away from a pro offense as you can get, so that will take some time for him to learn.

Given some time, I would take him on my NFL team any day, and twice on Sunday.

QB is mental. Don't let your dislike of Tebow cloud that.

CoMoChief
10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Tebow is garbage.

Hey I can win a Heisman because I can rush up the middle for 1 and 2 yards in goaline situations.

He CAN NOT pass worth a shit.

vailpass
10-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Tebow will be drafted to be a QB. He'll go way too early to be drafted as a project at FB/TE/S. No team would take him over a 3 or 4 year starter at any of those positions, and quality FBs don't even get drafted. Some teams will covet him because of his intangibles alone, but he won't be drafted by some team just to be a project.

Besides, Pat White was drafted in the second round to play QB. You think the same couldn't happen for Tebow?

Quoted for full-scale wrongness on every level.

RNR
10-18-2009, 10:40 AM
He reminds me of Nolan Cromwell. I think he will play at the NFL level and might play well, it just won't be at the QB position IMO

MoreLemonPledge
10-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Quoted for full-scale wrongness on every level.

You're just going to ignore everything else I said?

Mecca
10-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Did that guy just say Tebow has mentally what it takes to be a QB?

He doesn't make NFL reads and he runs into people like he's a RB...yea ok.

notorious
10-18-2009, 06:55 PM

Mecca, read more of the post.

MoreLemonPledge
10-18-2009, 06:56 PM

I said he'll be drafted to play QB. I didn't say he'd be successful.

Mecca
10-18-2009, 06:57 PM
I read the entire thing I think it's completely wrong.

notorious
10-18-2009, 06:59 PM
I read the entire thing I think it's completely wrong.

Ok. I respect your opinion.

notorious
10-18-2009, 07:03 PM
BUUUUUTTTTT.

1.Quarterback in the modern NFL is about mindset ,being smart, and being a leader. Having a cannon arm and being a physical specimen is not near as important as having a good head.

2.People hate Tebow because of the hype of Florida. Guess what, they deserve it. They have kicked ass for years now, and he has been the leader of their dominance.

3.Look at the successful QB's in the NFL. A fairly large number of them had to fight, scratch, and claw their way to the top. They had to overcome many obstacles, work hard, and earn everything they get. They also have the mental makeup in which they will not allow themselves to lose.

4.. He needs work on the mechanics side, which, with good coaching can be fixed. The offensive system at Florida is about as far away from a pro offense as you can get, so that will take some time for him to learn.

If you think the above is wrong, then I have absolutely no reply.

I guess the sun doesn't rise in the east and set in the west........

Simply Red
10-18-2009, 07:06 PM

Would you like some player w/ your hate?

NewChief
10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
BUUUUUTTTTT.

1.Quarterback in the modern NFL is about mindset ,being smart, and being a leader. Having a cannon arm and being a physical specimen is not near as important as having a good head.

2.People hate Tebow because of the hype of Florida. Guess what, they deserve it. They have kicked ass for years now, and he has been the leader of their dominance.

3.Look at the successful QB's in the NFL. A fairly large number of them had to fight, scratch, and claw their way to the top. They had to overcome many obstacles, work hard, and earn everything they get. They also have the mental makeup in which they will not allow themselves to lose.

4.. He needs work on the mechanics side, which, with good coaching can be fixed. The offensive system at Florida is about as far away from a pro offense as you can get, so that will take some time for him to learn.

If you think the above is wrong, then I have absolutely no reply.

I guess the sun doesn't rise in the east and set in the west........

Doesn't 2 contradict 3? He hasn't had to claw, bite, fight, or scratch for anything. He's a golden boy living in the promised land of football.

KcMizzou
10-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Tim Tebow : The white Vince Young

notorious
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Doesn't 2 contradict 3? He hasn't had to claw, bite, fight, or scratch for anything. He's a golden boy living in the promised land of football.

No doubt, but he has pulled them back in games with sheer will. I know Florida has the best talent in the NCAA (along with USC), but he makes things happen.

I personally wouldn't want him to be a first or even second year starter. He would need an good coach to bring him along in the areas that have not been developed in college. If he is still there in the mid rounds, why not take a shot?

I am simply stating that I believe that Tebow has the character and mental makeup of a winner. He has all of the intangables that it take to be a champion.