PDA

View Full Version : Life Cancer Benefit (for my mother and uncle)

FRCDFED
10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't know if this is the right forum or not but I wanted to exercise all available means to try to make this a success. Over the past 7-9 years I have witnessed the kindness many have displayed when a family member was having some sort of difficulty or another. While many of us don't go outside the family to deal with problems, sometimes problems come along that require additional help. With that being said.............

There is going to be a benefit Soup Supper, Silent Auction, and Dance to assist my mother, Carolyn Cummins, and my Uncle, Tom Cutsinger with their mounting medical expenses.

When: November 7, 2009
Where: New London Missouri Lions Club
Time: Meal: 4 PM - 7 PM
Silent Auction: 4 PM - 7:30 PM
Dance: 9 PM - 12 Midnight

Adult: $10
3 and younger: Free
4 - 12: $5
Couples: $15

Donations (cash or otherwise) are accepted and greatly appreciated!

I appreciate anyones prayers and or generosity! I will post what I know about their situations. Family members are currently soliciting donations from many of the local businesses for the silent auction. It is a very rural area so at this point we are unsure of what will be available for auction.

The benefit is on behalf of both and any profit will be divided and applied to their mounting medical bills.

Thank you in advance to everyone for taking the time to review this post!

Brenton

FRCDFED
10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
My mothers battle............

My mother recently ended her treatments for adenocarinoma cancer of the lungs, which was discovered just before Halloween last year. She was diagnosed with cancer while undergoing treatment for a mild heart attack. The cancer appeared to be in early stages and the doctors explained that her odds of beating it were higher the sooner she began treatments. They then informed me that they could not start treatment until they were able to stablize her heart.

Efforts to stabize her blood pressure and heart seemed to be successful and last year on Halloween I took my mom home from the hospital after she received a stint in a vein that they believed had been the cause of the attacks. Later that evening she had another attack so rushed her back to the hospital where she underwent a second procedure for another stint and further testing. At this point they believed the cause to be a combination of needing the second stint and a reaction to all the different medications they had prescribed.

All of this delayed the possibility of treating the lung cancer until December of last year. She had surgery to remove a portion of one of her lungs and a lymphnode and began chemotherapy shortly thereafter. She finished up treatments I believe in February of this year and returned to work. She was terminated from her job in July of this year. Last month, after experiencing serve abdominal pain, she was rushed to the emergency room where they removed her gall bladder.

As you can imagine, her insurance was not sufficient to cover a significant portion of the medical bills for so many procedures in such a short period of time.

FRCDFED
10-17-2009, 08:02 PM
My Uncles battle........

My Uncle Tom is currently undergoing his second round of treatment for small cell lymphocytic lymphoma with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. They thought that they had his cancer under control; however, it has recently returned and he is back in treatment.

Unfortunately, I have very little background knowledge regarding my uncles condition.

FRCDFED
10-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Here is a copy of the flyer..........

Phobia
10-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow. How big is New London - 85 people?

I'd attend if it were local. All the best to both.

FRCDFED
10-17-2009, 08:08 PM
If someone is interested in making a donation they are in the process of setting up a bank acct to receive the money or donations can be made directly to the hospital itself:

On behalf of my mother:

Hannibal Clinic Operations, LLC
P.O. Box 311
Hannibal, MO 63401

Acct #: 8740.0

At the moment I do not have any account information for my uncle. I will update this thread if/when I receive any info.

Thank you again for any prayers and/or support!

FRCDFED
10-17-2009, 08:11 PM

It's pretty small. I know some of my family members are hopeful that this will be a success but even if the entire county showed up it wouldn't be much. That is why I decided to post on here an hopefully get the word out to more people! The Internet can be very helpful in situations like this.

I know my mother owes quite a bit and she told me that with my uncle undergoing a second round that he owes more!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Brenton

FRCDFED
10-17-2009, 10:21 PM
bump

BigRedChief
10-17-2009, 11:27 PM
If someone is interested in making a donation they are in the process of setting up a bank acct to receive the money or donations can be made directly to the hospital itself:

On behalf of my mother:

Hannibal Clinic Operations, LLC
P.O. Box 311
Hannibal, MO 63401

Acct #: 8740.0

At the moment I do not have any account information for my uncle. I will update this thread if/when I receive any info.

Thank you again for any prayers and/or support!
You got a paypal account? If not get one and I'll drop some money in the collection plate.

FRCDFED
10-18-2009, 07:02 AM
You got a paypal account? If not get one and I'll drop some money in the collection plate.I'll see what I can do. I have a personal paypal account but since this is a benefit I was told that all the money had to go to an account specifically set up for it. A couple of my family members were working on making sure all the banking information was/is legal. I'll check with them today to determine the process of getting one set up. That is a great idea thanks!

Since they live in such a rural area and both are still getting medical testing and/or treatments, I suspect there will be several benefits over the next year to help if they can get them organized.

Brenton

FRCDFED
10-18-2009, 09:46 AM
I'll see what I can do. I have a personal paypal account but since this is a benefit I was told that all the money had to go to an account specifically set up for it. A couple of my family members were working on making sure all the banking information was/is legal. I'll check with them today to determine the process of getting one set up. That is a great idea thanks!

Since they live in such a rural area and both are still getting medical testing and/or treatments, I suspect there will be several benefits over the next year to help if they can get them organized.

BrentonI spoke to the family this morning and they are in the process of setting up an account at a local bank. I got the impression it will be set up within the next couple of days after which a paypal account will be established that will be linked to that account. For anyone interested in making a donation via paypal I will post the link to the account as soon as it is established (hopefully by Tues or Wed).

Thanks to the mods for keeping this thread at the top! I appreciate it!

Pink Paradise 2010
10-18-2009, 01:49 PM
i will keep them in my prayers. i wish you the best of luck in your mission.

ziggysocki
10-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Good luck! You will be amazed at the level of support you get from total strangers. Make sure and post updates here.

seclark
10-19-2009, 08:13 AM

i bought a mandolin saturday that was made by a guy from new london.

thoughts and prayers for your family, FRCDFED
sec

ChiefsChick
10-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Thoughts and prayers to your family and I hope the benefit goes well!

Rain Man
10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry to hear about the health issues, and good luck to them.

booger
10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Hope the event turns out well, sorry to hear about your mother and uncle.

Thoughts and prayers to them and your family.

FRCDFED
10-20-2009, 08:59 AM
First off, I appreciate all the well wishes! AND for people taking the time to read the thread! It wouldn't surprise me if this thread had more views already than the number of people that have viewed the flyers put up at the local supermarket, banks, businesses, etc.

Just to update everyone/anyone who has expressed a desire to make a donation via paypal. We have a bank account established; however, there is a delay in setting up the paypal account because it is for a benefit. My brother is in touch with paypal and they are due to get back to him hopefully today or tomorrow with specific instructions to ensure everything is legal.

In short, we are going to be able to offer an option of paying directly to the bank or through paypal. I'll post again as soon as I hear anything!

Thanks again!
Brenton

insidenation
10-21-2009, 09:35 PM
a prayer for your family and pls, keep your Faith to our Lord God Jesus Christ pls

FRCDFED
10-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks again for everyones well wishes!

For anyone wishing to donate via Paypal:

1. Go to your paypal acct.
2. The donation email address is:

cccmrf@hotmail.com

(Cummins Cutsinger Cancer Medical Relief Fund).

Thanks again!

Brenton

BigRedChief
10-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Thanks again for everyones well wishes!

For anyone wishing to donate via Paypal:

1. Go to your paypal acct.
2. The donation email address is:

cccmrf@hotmail.com

(Cummins Cutsinger Cancer Medical Relief Fund).

Thanks again!

Brenton
Done

FRCDFED
10-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Done
Many thanks BigRed! We greatly appreciate it!

Earthling
10-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

CHENZ A!
10-26-2009, 05:20 PM
I know how you feel. My mother just finished her last round of chemo, and has surgery scheduled for Nov 13. Looks like she is going to make it, and I am very thankful. Just hang in there man. I'll send some thoughts and prayers your way.