PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Anyone ever buy flooring at Lumber Liquidators ?

dtebbe
10-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Our pad got flooded last weekend, so I'm in the market for some new laminate flooring for a couple of bedrooms. Lumber Liquidators has some really attractive prices, and some very positive "user" reviews. Just curious if any of you have used their products, and if so, how your experience was.

DT

cdcox
10-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Here is the prepost:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=202196&highlight=Liquidators

JohninGpt
10-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I never have, but try to get something solid if you can afford it. Laminates can be scratched through or even delaminate if kept wet for prolonged periods.

Stinger
10-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Just laid down 800 sq ft of Flooring plus did the stairs with product from there. If you are going to do it yourself they are a good place to get it from. If you are needing someone not sure this is the best route. Had a very good experience with them very helpful and insightful. Price wise they beat most places around this area for what we were looking for.

Phobia
10-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Careful. They're notorious for the bait and switch. They'll drag you in for some $.99 product and it looks like plastic when you see it in person. Then the upsell.

If you're interested in wholesale flooring, I do business with a place called ProSource. They have 2 showrooms in Atlanta. You're welcome to use my account to access wholesale pricing if you wish. http://www.prosourcefloors.com/Pages/default.aspx

RJ
10-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Depends on whether you want to have the product professionally installed and the type of floor you want.

Do you know what type of floor you want? Wood species, engineered or solid, color will all make a difference in your final selection, and whether or not they have what you want.

I wouldn't advise shopping there if you're not a DIY guy.

Ceej
10-18-2009, 07:51 PM
I work for LL in Wichita.

Compared to the places in town -- our prices are significantly better. Our product is better too.

If you're worried about scratching, laminate is the way to go. If not, I'd suggest hardwood -- especially if this is going above grade.

Also, we have some really nice priced 6mm laminates, however you sort of get what you pay for.

It also depends on which LL you go to. I'm more of the laid-back salesman, as we're not strictly commission. However, I'm sure there are some salesmen within the company who will try to "upgrade" you.

Any more questions let me know.