PDA

View Full Version : Life Question

badgirl
10-17-2009, 11:57 PM
How many of you guys would rather have a old fashion woman than a woman who was so independant that making sure her man was taken care of and going the extra mile to see to it he was.

My grandmother and grandpa were married 65 years before he passed away and I remember her walking by him and putting her hand on the side of his face and telling him she loved him and he would take her hand and tell her he loved her.

When I was married I wanted the kind of marriage they had and I was very good to my husband doing some things that his sisters would say your crazy for doing that. I would tell them he worked in the cold and heat to support me and the kids and I didn't care what they thought about it that I was going to make sure when he came home I would make things as comfortable and make him happy no matter what it took.

If some women heard the stuff I did they would think I was crazy cause I don't think there are a lot of that kind of woman anymore. Women these days have the equal lib thing going on, whereas I feel if you have a marriage where there is no abuse or anything like that it is your "duty" to take of care of your husband. I loved being a wife and mother to my kids and hoped to have the kind of marriage my grandparents had, but instead I was taken advantage of and it didn't work.

So what kind of woman would you like to have for a lifelong partner?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2009, 11:59 PM
One who realizes that she isn't a second-class citizen.

KcKing
10-18-2009, 12:01 AM
One that's not afraid to roll around on a tarp drenched in baby oil with her equally hot sister...

Phobia
10-18-2009, 12:03 AM
What is old fashioned about taking care of each other? That's part of the problem with our 50% divorce rate. People think that loving relationships are passe'. I definitely want (and have) what you've dubbed as "old fashioned". That's the way God meant it to be and that's what is proven to be successful.

badgirl
10-18-2009, 12:12 AM

No someone who feels good about them selves also.

badgirl
10-18-2009, 12:13 AM
What is old fashioned about taking care of each other? That's part of the problem with our 50% divorce rate. People think that loving relationships are passe'. I definitely want (and have) what you've dubbed as "old fashioned". That's the way God meant it to be and that's what is proven to be successful.

I agree. Finally we agree on something. I figure taking care of each other in some peoples eyes is old fashion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 12:30 AM

This post is a straw man.

You can have a loving relationship outside of what you think of as "old fashioned". To think that there is only one path to a successful relationship, and that said path is ordained by "God" (ironically the same God whose book he inspired consistently urges the subjugation of women) is reductive and ignorant of the vast realm of types of relationships that can make both individuals happy.

Shaid
10-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Mutual love and respect. I think each person should do what they can to satisfy the needs of the other person. Not because you have to but because you want to. If you can't commit to a person in that way, don't get married. Marriage is forever in my opinion so why would you ever want anything less in your relationship?

badgirl
10-18-2009, 12:38 AM

You can have a loving relationship outside of what you think of as "old fashioned". To think that there is only one path to a successful relationship, and that said path is ordained by "God" (ironically the same God whose book he inspired consistently urges the subjugation of women) is reductive and ignorant of the vast realm of types of relationships that can make both individuals happy.

Well it doesn't have to be a marriage I was talking about a relationship were two people love each other.

badgirl
10-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Mutual love and respect. I think each person should do what they can to satisfy the needs of the other person. Not because you have to but because you want to. If you can't commit to a person in that way, don't get married. Marriage is forever in my opinion so why would you ever want anything less in your relationship?

yea you have to have love and respect on both sides, when I done for my husband it was definately cause I wanted to, it made me happy to be able to do things for him, it made me happy to see him happy, but as i said he took advantage of it. Thats why he is my X now. If I had a husband who respected me and without a doubt loved me I know it would last forever.

btlook1
10-18-2009, 01:29 AM
One that's not afraid to roll around on a tarp drenched in baby oil with her equally hot sister...

Now that sounds really nice!

However marriage is a two way street we take care of each other if one of us wasn't working yes then that one would probably be doing more but I like it the way it is...my 30% and her 70%.

Nixhex
10-18-2009, 01:37 AM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/10/michael%20jackson%20gif.gif

MoreLemonPledge
10-18-2009, 02:49 AM

Yes, that would be an insult to all second-class citizens. I want my women to be third world citizens.

Phobia
10-18-2009, 03:37 AM

Way out of your league, bro.

sportsman1
10-18-2009, 03:42 AM
I go through stages depending on current life expierences. Right now I would just really like to find one that would make me a sammich. That could change tommorow though.

Dante84
10-18-2009, 05:10 AM
One that believes in ghosts.

Infidel Goat
10-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Both. And with the coconut creme pie.

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/gilligan.jpg

Pioli Zombie
10-18-2009, 06:46 AM

Oh shut the fuck up. It goes from the idea of two people loving and committed to each other to you taking an unnecessary swipe at Christianity? How is that different from the DC forum habit of turning political disagreements with Obama into swipes at Black people, you hypocrite?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
10-18-2009, 06:49 AM
I've been barred from commenting by Skip Towne and Bugeater.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Men for the most part don't want marriage now days. They just want a constant supply of BJ's.

Baby Lee
10-18-2009, 08:27 AM

Speaking of straw men, last I checked "part of the problem" isn't the same as "the single explanation for why every relationship succeeds or fails."

Skip Towne
10-18-2009, 08:33 AM
I've been barred from commenting by Skip Towne and Bugeater.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shut the fuck up.

JD10367
10-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't think it's a male/female issue. I don't think it's a question of "my wife has to be a subserviant slave" vs. "my wife has to be independent". I think people, in general, need to be fully-formed and functioning and independent personalities. As for the home situation, it's a question of economics: if both people work, they can split the house duties equally; if one works and makes enough to support both, then it's only fair that the one at home take care of that end of things, whether it's the wife OR the husband.

My wife and I both work. At home, we do chores as they come up, depending on our mood. I tend to take care of the cat box and water; she tends to feed them. She does the cooking; I do the dishes.

And I don't think any of it has anything to do with expressing your love and affection for the other person. That can be done in so many ways, from as small as a phone call or note to bigger things like a nice surprise present (which, yes, could include rolling around in baby oil with another woman if that's your gig). I'm sure there are plenty of old-style marriages full of love, and old-style marriages where the housewife is treated like shit; likewise, there are plenty of equal and independent marriages where the people love each other, and ones where they cheat on each other and have little affection, etc.,.

Fat Elvis
10-18-2009, 08:43 AM
I had to divorce him; I was taken advantage by him due to my loving generosity.

Can you beleive that he asked me for an orange juice?

crazycoffey
10-18-2009, 10:13 AM
I want the kind I have;

I give her love, comfort and try to do everything I can to make her feel secure and able to trust in me, which she needs. She gives me lots of love with respect and physical attention, which is what I need. Plus we are honest with each other, and make each other laugh.

I miss you JR!!!

NewChief
10-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I had to divorce him; I was taken advantage by him due to my loving generosity.

Can you beleive that he asked me for an orange juice?

Actually, I think he got pissed because he checked into her hospital and she didn't treat him special.

JuicesFlowing
10-18-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm not married to a gold digger, and that's all that matters to me.

vailpass
10-18-2009, 01:33 PM

Another psuedo-enlightened weakling afraid of the fact that women, ALL women, like a man who treats her like a woman as well as a friend and partner.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-18-2009, 01:53 PM
i know with my man i go the extra mile, (as long as he is nice about it) and i make sure that he is happy. so i think that he perfers that, other than me just being clingy or anything. I hope that i helped :)

EyePod
10-18-2009, 02:18 PM

But I don't think it's important that the woman is the person who is taking care of the man. Look, do whatever works for you. I hate when we make these molds that everyone must fit into, even if it doesn't make you happy.

You have to do what works for you and your significant other, and fuck "god." He doesn't know shit. God's probably a Broncos fan anyways, what an asshole.

Valiant
10-18-2009, 02:27 PM
How many of you guys would rather have a old fashion woman than a woman who was so independant that making sure her man was taken care of and going the extra mile to see to it he was.

My grandmother and grandpa were married 65 years before he passed away and I remember her walking by him and putting her hand on the side of his face and telling him she loved him and he would take her hand and tell her he loved her.

When I was married I wanted the kind of marriage they had and I was very good to my husband doing some things that his sisters would say your crazy for doing that. I would tell them he worked in the cold and heat to support me and the kids and I didn't care what they thought about it that I was going to make sure when he came home I would make things as comfortable and make him happy no matter what it took.

If some women heard the stuff I did they would think I was crazy cause I don't think there are a lot of that kind of woman anymore. Women these days have the equal lib thing going on, whereas I feel if you have a marriage where there is no abuse or anything like that it is your "duty" to take of care of your husband. I loved being a wife and mother to my kids and hoped to have the kind of marriage my grandparents had, but instead I was taken advantage of and it didn't work.

Meh, it has to go both ways in both types of relationships if you want true happiness... It cannot be only one person working at making it a great relationship, if it is, it will fail...

Reaper16
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh shut the **** up. It goes from the idea of two people loving and committed to each other to you taking an unnecessary swipe at Christianity? How is that different from the DC forum habit of turning political disagreements with Obama into swipes at Black people, you hypocrite?
Posted via Mobile Device
Phobia brought up Christianity and Hamas' post was in direct reply to Phobia.

Another psuedo-enlightened weakling afraid of the fact that women, ALL women, like a man who treats her like a woman as well as a friend and partner.
I don't know exactly what that is supposed to mean but I have a feeling I know what you mean by it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Speaking of straw men, last I checked "part of the problem" isn't the same as "the single explanation for why every relationship succeeds or fails."

Because nowhere in that post was "That's the way it was meant to be.", and that's not a singular explanation whatsoever.

vailpass
10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
But I don't think it's important that the woman is the person who is taking care of the man. Look, do whatever works for you. I hate when we make these molds that everyone must fit into, even if it doesn't make you happy.

You have to do what works for you and your significant other, and **** "god." He doesn't know shit. God's probably a Broncos fan anyways, what an asshole.

I pity your parents.

ncCHIEFfan
10-18-2009, 03:20 PM

I believe that if a man is strong, does his job ( lead his family in faith, consistantly work a job, place his woman 2nd to only God, raise his children with love and disipline) and has a women that stands beside him with love respect and support....he has no limitations,,,but I know that finding an unselfish woman that reads the bible instead of cosmopolitan is almost imposible