PDA

View Full Version : Football Peyton Manning

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hootie
10-18-2009, 09:31 AM
So...

Do you guys still think Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning?

Everyone always said that he played with the better supporting cast...which is why Tom was better.

Now Peyton is playing behind a terrible offensive line and throwing to the likes of Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon...having arguably his best year ever...just like I always said...it wasn't the OTHER players...it was Peyton Manning.

So...

Is Brady still better than Manning?

Just curious.

ROFL

listopencil
10-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes.

Bugeater
10-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Who is "you guys"? I've never thought Brady was better than Manning.

okiedokieokoye
10-18-2009, 09:42 AM
not a chance. You are witnessing the greatest QB in Manning since Montana.

JD10367
10-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Earlier in his career, Brady was throwing to such luminaries as David Patten and Jermaine Wiggins. And their offense has never had a TE as good as what Peyton's had. In addition, Peyton's had a HOF WR in Harrison for MOST of his career, whereas Brady has had Moss for a couple of seasons. In addition, Manning had a HOF RB in Marshall Faulk and another guy (Edgerrin James) who looked well on the path there for a while.

In addition, Brady is coming back from major knee surgery. It's been five games. How did Manning look last year, coming back from major knee surgery? Just about the same.

As for Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon, you easily chalk that up to a case of "great QB throwing to scrubs". We'll have to wait a few seasons before we decide how good or how average those guys are.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 09:43 AM
not a chance. You are witnessing the greatest QB in Manning of all time.

FYP

Hootie
10-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Earlier in his career, Brady was throwing to such luminaries as David Patten and Jermaine Wiggins. And their offense has never had a TE as good as what Peyton's had. In addition, Peyton's had a HOF WR in Harrison for MOST of his career, whereas Brady has had Moss for a couple of seasons. In addition, Manning had a HOF RB in Marshall Faulk and another guy (Edgerrin James) who looked well on the path there for a while.

In addition, Brady is coming back from major knee surgery. It's been five games. How did Manning look last year, coming back from major knee surgery? Just about the same.

As for Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon, you easily chalk that up to a case of "great QB throwing to scrubs". We'll have to wait a few seasons before we decide how good or how average those guys are.
keep drinking your Tom Brady kool-aid...

he'll always be the 2nd best QB of his era...

I hate Patriots fans more than Yankees fans.

JD10367
10-18-2009, 09:48 AM
FYP

Any particular reason you're so busy slobbering Peyton's knob? Were you impressed with the championship performance he put on in college? Oops, wait, he choked in the big game. How about in the pros? Oops, wait, he choked season after season and finally only won a SB (in which he was the least important aspect of that game) after finally getting a solid D and a solid running game. He's got one SB, despite having played with HOF offensive talent.

Don't get me wrong. He's a great QB. He's in the top five, probably. Maybe even the top three. Whether he's the "greatest" is subjective. You could make a case for Montana, Brady, Elway, Marino, Unitas, and a bunch more.

I don't know why everyone's so hung up on "greatest". I wouldn't mind having any of those guys lead my team. As was done in another poll recently, though, if I had to choose one guy in his prime, I'd probably choose Montana.

JD10367
10-18-2009, 09:49 AM
keep drinking your Tom Brady kool-aid...

he'll always be the 2nd best QB of his era...

I hate Patriots fans more than Yankees fans.

And I hate Manning ballwashers who can't back up their love. And I hate people who hate other teams' fans without good reason. So f**k you.

Simply Red
10-18-2009, 09:50 AM
So...

Everyone always said that he played with the better supporting cast...which is why Tom was better.

Now Peyton is playing behind a terrible offensive line and throwing to the likes of Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon...having arguably his best year ever...just like I always said...it wasn't the OTHER players...it was Peyton Manning.

So...

Just curious.

ROFL

Peyton is better in my opinion, better dude too.

Quesadilla Joe
10-18-2009, 09:52 AM

http://fromthelooneybin.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/asterisk.jpg

JD10367
10-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Peyton is better in my opinion, better dude too.

Yeah, he's a great guy. From all accounts, Brady is a stand-up citizen. At least he hasn't waved his ass at any female trainers lately.

JD10367
10-18-2009, 09:53 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3FL4QbedWt8/SmmFU7RsSQI/AAAAAAAAAWM/LDdO-Y51zLQ/s320/douchebag.jpg

Hootie
10-18-2009, 09:54 AM
god I wish Patriots fans would just stick to their fucking planet...dude, we get it...we signed Pioli to be our GM...that doesn't mean we want you morons leaching all over this site.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Tom Brady DOES NOTHING BETTER than Peyton Manning...he is inferior in every way in terms of being an NFL QB...and those who say he is a "winner" or is more "clutch"...are just idiots. That's really all I can say about that.

Noss
10-18-2009, 09:56 AM
If you need to get a touchdown in the last 90 seconds of a game hands down the Qb you need in the game is Peyton Manning.

cdcox
To be honest, I thought the two were pretty close (different strengths) going back two seasons. Manning has definitely taken his game to a new level this season. I've never seen someone that has a command of the field like he does. During George Brett's hot streaks, he used to say that the ball slowed down and got real big. Manning is in that kind of groove right now. The game unfolds before him in slow motion. He sees everything and has the tools to put the ball exactly where it needs to go on every stinking play. So far Manning is having the best season a QB ever had (stats be damned).

Brady on the other hand hasn't yet recovered from the BP affair.

This season it is not even close, but I don't think it is really meaningful to use what is happening this season to go back and argue that "I told all of you idiots two years ago NONNY NONNY FU FU." However deep your insight was into Peyton Manning's greatness, it will not do the lifting necessary to overcome your irrational exuberance over one Damon Huard.

Quesadilla Joe
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3FL4QbedWt8/SmmFU7RsSQI/AAAAAAAAAWM/LDdO-Y51zLQ/s320/douchebag.jpg

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/27558/josh-mcdaniels-s.gif (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/27558/josh-mcdaniels.html)

cdcox
10-18-2009, 09:57 AM

Irony.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:00 AM
To be honest, I thought the two were pretty close (different strengths) going back two seasons. Manning has definitely taken his game to a new level this season. I've never seen someone that has a command of the field like he does. During George Brett's hot streaks, he used to say that the ball slowed down and got real big. Manning is in that kind of groove right now. The game unfolds before him in slow motion. He sees everything and has the tools to put the ball exactly where it needs to go on every stinking play. So far Manning is having the best season a QB ever had (stats be damned).

This season it is not even close, but I don't think it is really meaningful to use what is happening this season to go back and argue that "I told all of you idiots two years ago NONNY NONNY FU FU." However deep your insight was into Peyton Manning's greatness, it will not do the lifting necessary to overcome your irrational exuberance over one Damon Huard.

You know...this Damon Huard thing...has to be the biggest over-exaggeration on this website...ever.

I never one time proclaimed that he was a great QB...or even a good QB. All I ever said was...he gave us the best chance to win. And that was truth.

JD10367
10-18-2009, 10:01 AM
If you need to get a touchdown in the last 90 seconds of a game hands down the Qb you need in the game is Peyton Manning.

Actually, according to a stat on TV I saw during a recent game, you need Drew Bledsoe. Go figure.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd take either, and wouldn't blink.

Quesadilla Joe
10-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Irony.

Yeah cuz stealing signals and video taping walkthroughs in the SB is the same saving money to build a brand new stadium.:rolleyes:

DBOSHO
10-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Peyton was only sacked like 2 times before last week so idk how that makes his line terrible.

Did we forget that peyton didnt play that well in the beginning of last season after coming back from his injury?

Give tom some time.

JD10367

I'd also like to point out that Manning has faced the average Jags and Fins, reeling Cards, average Seahawks, and winless Titans. Pats have faced tougher competition. Not to mention the Colts beat the Jags by 2 (14-12) and the Fins by 3 (27-23). It's too early in the season to start talking about how great a 5-0 team is, or how great any individual player is doing.

Rausch
Given the choice Brady...

cdcox
10-18-2009, 10:07 AM
You know...this Damon Huard thing...has to be the biggest over-exaggeration on this website...ever.

I never one time proclaimed that he was a great QB...or even a good QB. All I ever said was...he gave us the best chance to win. And that was truth.

Notice how no one is going to the mat for any of the people playing C, RG or RT? Why? Certainly one of the players available to fill that position must be infinitesimally better than another.

whatsmynameagain
10-18-2009, 10:08 AM
brady is more clutch. peyton is great but seriously, look at the run game peyton has had vs tom. peyton plays in a fucking dome and tom plays in the snow. peyton had marvin his whole fucking career. tom turned 3rd string receivers into multimillionaires. toms 3 super bowls and almost perfect season by 30, id retire. not to mention the 3 super bowl game winning drives tom has. what else does he have to even play for. peyton is still playing catch up......
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Peyton was only sacked like 2 times before last week so idk how that makes his line terrible.

Did we forget that peyton didnt play that well in the beginning of last season after coming back from his injury?

Give tom some time.

so in your expert opinion...Peyton Manning has nothing to do with the fact he has only been sacked two times?

Watch a Colts game, pay attention to that offensive line, and then get back to me. Peyton Manning would make our offensive line look above average.

Though, this thread does give me some self satisfaction...two years ago when I made this same point...everyone on the site ganged up on me and told me how much better Brady was etc. etc. etc.

cdcox
10-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah cuz stealing signals and video taping walkthroughs in the SB is the same saving money to build a brand new stadium.:rolleyes:

You mean "delaying compensation so that you could have more talent on your roster than the cap allows?"

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 10:12 AM

What about the time you said that the '08 Chiefs should sign Jeff Garcia so they could make a playoff run?

Or when you claimed that Tony Romo was a top 3 QB?

Or when you claimed that Thigpen was better than Palmer?

Or when you claimed that Favre was going to have a great year for the Jets last year.

Dude, your track record sucks. You have the credibility of KC Johnny when it comes to shit like this.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 10:12 AM
so in your expert opinion...Peyton Manning has nothing to do with the fact he has only been sacked two times?

Watch a Colts game, pay attention to that offensive line, and then get back to me. Peyton Manning would make our offensive line look above average.

Though, this thread does give me some self satisfaction...two years ago when I made this same point...everyone on the site ganged up on me and told me how much better Brady was etc. etc. etc.

2 years ago, most probably thought, and rightfully so, that Brady WAS the better QB.

But people tend to go with a "what have you done for me lately" attitude, and Brady has played 5 games in the past 2 years, while Manning is lighting it up this year.

The entire argument is retarded, as they are both elite, HOF QB's.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:13 AM
brady is more clutch. peyton is great but seriously, look at the run game peyton has had vs tom. peyton plays in a ****ing dome and tom plays in the snow. peyton had marvin his whole ****ing career. tom turned 3rd string receivers into multimillionaires. toms 3 super bowls and almost perfect season by 30, id retire. not to mention the 3 super bowl game winning drives tom has. what else does he have to even play for. peyton is still playing catch up......
Posted via Mobile Device
omg this sums up the biggest fucking bullshit glamour stick that is one, Tom Brady.

He is not more clutch.
He HAS NOT played with inferior talent...

He has, however, been on the better team his whole career and has had, however, the benefit of playing for the best coach...perhaps...of all time.

Look at what Matt Cassel did last year...that team isn't all about the QB...

Now...take Manning off the Colts...and I guarantee you that...

A) They don't win 11 games.

And

B) They are probably worse than the Chiefs (and that's saying something).

If that right there doesn't show you how great Peyton Manning is then I don't know what to tell you. Living in Illinois, I get the thrill of having every Colts game jammed down my throat and trust me...that dude is UNBELIEVABLE.

Bugeater
10-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah, he's a great guy. From all accounts, Brady is a stand-up citizen. At least he hasn't waved his ass at any female trainers lately.
Yep, all Brady does is whines for calls after defenders brush him on his leg, and then pumps his fist when he gets them. What a competitor.

EyePod
10-18-2009, 10:14 AM
I can't believe that anyone would say that Brady is better than Manning. Brady is overrated and is constantly blown my major media companies. Manning is an attention whore, but he's much better and is able to control the game infinitely better than Brady. Hands down, no argument.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:15 AM
What about the time you said that the '08 Chiefs should sign Jeff Garcia so they could make a playoff run?

Or when you claimed that Tony Romo was a top 3 QB?

Or when you claimed that Thigpen was better than Palmer?

Or when you claimed that Favre was going to have a great year for the Jets last year.

Dude, your track record sucks. You have the credibility of KC Johnny when it comes to shit like this.

Ok buddy.

I think Palmer is vastly overrated and Romo is vastly underrated.

I bet Romo turns out to be a great, great, great QB.

Oh, and, I don't remember saying Favre was going to be great with the Jets last year...I remember taking him in the 2nd round of a QB HEAVY (LIKE, YOU NEED TWO QB'S TO COMPETE) fantasy league last year (Peyton 1st round, Favre 2nd round...2nd place out of 24 teams finish)...and he did start out having a remarkable year until he got hurt.

I also said last year Aaron Rodgers and Kurt Warner were great value picks who would end up being top 10 fantasy QB's...

So why don't you fuck yourself.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey...you want to know a good bet 'Hamas'?

Today...Houston is like +227 against the Bengals.

I GUARANTEE Houston beats the Bengals...

We're going to see Palmer's true colors today...if he's so great, he'd light up that shitty secondary Houston is sporting.

I bet Houston wins this game.

Rausch
10-18-2009, 10:17 AM
omg this sums up the biggest ****ing bullshit glamour stick that is one, Tom Brady.

He is not more clutch.
He HAS NOT played with inferior talent...

He has, however, been on the better team his whole career and has had, however, the benefit of playing for the best coach...perhaps...of all time.

You're undeniably fucking bent.

The first two SB's Brady won he had almost NOTHING on offense. They pulled games from out their ass almost every week in the 4th quarter.

Meanwhile, Payed-a-Ton is putting up money fantasy numbers all year long and chokes against teams like the Broncos or Dolphins come playoff time almost every year...

JD10367
10-18-2009, 10:18 AM
You mean "delaying compensation so that you could have more talent on your roster than the cap allows?"

And don't forget that the reason the Broncos always had a strong running game was due to the semi-illegal chop-blocking that their O-line perfected. Instead of playing like men they'd dive for knees like pussies.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey...you want to know a good bet 'Hamas'?

Today...Houston is like +227 against the Bengals.

I GUARANTEE Houston beats the Bengals...

We're going to see Palmer's true colors today...if he's so great, he'd light up that shitty secondary Houston is sporting.

I bet Houston wins this game.

Houston's an underrated offense, and that money line is too high. That's not as revolutionary of a thought as you think, Hootie the Greek.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:19 AM
You're undeniably ****ing bent.

The first two SB's Brady won he had almost NOTHING on offense. They pulled games from out their ass almost every week in the 4th quarter.

Meanwhile, Payed-a-Ton is putting up money fantasy numbers all year long and chokes against teams like the Broncos or Dolphins come playoff time almost every year...

ROFL

It's just not true.

Put Vanderjagt on the Patriots and how many Super Bowls have they won?

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Houston's an underrated offense, and that money line is too high. That's not as revolutionary of a thought as you think, Hootie the Greek.

I'm not saying it is...I'm just saying that Vegas is overrating Cincy this week...and the Saints.

The Giants are like +167...the best fucking road team in the NFL. They are going to win by 10.

Vegas is getting TORCHED this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 10:21 AM
This thread is a great microcosm of the problem of debate on this site.

One person makes a dumbass assertion that isn't grounded in any form of tangible reality.

People who don't agree with him take the exact opposite opinion, as though there are only two polar extremes to choose from.

Rausch
10-18-2009, 10:21 AM
ROFL

It's just not true.

Put Vanderjagt on the Patriots and how many Super Bowls have they won?

The kicker?

Are you fucking kidding me? The KICKER is the super talent Brady had to play with?

Just....fuck this....you're wasting my fucking time...

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Peyton Manning
GAP
GAP
GAP
GAP
GAP
Tom Brady
Eli Manning

RNR
I have always thought Manning is the better of the two. That said Brady is a heck of a QB. Brady is returning from a knee injury and it shows. Anyone who thinks Brady does not belong on the top QB list is an idiot. As far as alltime lists that is something to discuss when these two are done playing.

Hootie
The kicker?

Are you ****ing kidding me? The KICKER is the super talent Brady had to play with?

Just....**** this....you're wasting my ****ing time...

that kicker has as much to do with those super bowls as Tom Brady...who both have much less to do with those Super Bowl then BB

dirk digler

Yep. I would be extremely happy with either one

cdcox
10-18-2009, 10:25 AM
that kicker has as much to do with those super bowls as Tom Brady...who both have much less to do with those Super Bowl then BB

You just threw your credibility off a cliff.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 10:27 AM

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Well, at least you proved my last post 100% correct.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 10:28 AM

That .gif of the guy lighting himself on fire and throwing himself out a 3rd story window would be appropriate here.

HAMAS!?!?!

RNR
10-18-2009, 10:29 AM

He would need to have credibility to make said throw

cdcox
10-18-2009, 10:30 AM
He would need to have credibility to make said throw

I almost went back and added "(again)".

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 10:32 AM
That .gif of the guy lighting himself on fire and throwing himself out a 3rd story window would be appropriate here.

HAMAS!?!?!

http://i41.tinypic.com/b3q4hg.jpg

The Bad Guy
10-18-2009, 10:33 AM
For my money, I'm taking Manning.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:34 AM

I just really don't like Tom Brady.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2009, 10:35 AM

I don't see the point in hating Tom Brady. He's an exceptional QB. One of the best I've ever seen.

So is Peyton Manning.

How's Carson Palmer doing these days?

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:36 AM
or New England...or Derek Jeter...or the Yankees.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't see the point in hating Tom Brady. He's an exceptional QB. One of the best I've ever seen.

So is Peyton Manning.

How's Carson Palmer doing these days?

I don't care what anyone says...Carson Palmer is, and continues to be, SUPER SUPER SUPER overrated.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:37 AM
and he will show his true colors this year...his 77 QB rating will show through when they start losing...his 1 good drive a game won't continue.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-18-2009, 10:40 AM
He still has Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, so let's not act like he doesn't have anyone to throw to. He is the foundation of that team though. Without him they are horrible IMO.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 10:46 AM
He still has Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, so let's not act like he doesn't have anyone to throw to. He is the foundation of that team though. Without him they are horrible IMO.

I've never understood this comment, as Peyton has never missed a start in his career.

And in the 15 games Jim Sorgi saw action, he has a 63.5% completion percentage, and a 6/1 TD/INT ratio - and the Colts are 12-3 in those games.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I've never understood this comment, as Peyton has never missed a start in his career.

And in the 15 games Jim Sorgi saw action, he has a 63.5% completion percentage, and a 6/1 TD/INT ratio - and the Colts are 12-3 in those games.
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 10:48 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Laugh all you want, but it's retarded to say that the Colts are horrible without Manning when he hasn't missed a start.

smittysbar
10-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I have always thought Payton was the better QB, and I think we are all witnessing the best QB to ever play.

DBOSHO
10-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Peyton Manning
GAP
GAP
GAP
GAP
GAP
Tom Brady
Eli Manning

I can see why your not the most popular poster on here. And yes i know i have red rep before you start

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2009, 11:40 AM
peyton manning is much, much, much better than tom brady.

DBOSHO
10-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Brady can beat 3-4 defenses

Mr. Plow
10-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I guess I didn't realize it was even close who the better QB is. Hands down, Manning was/is the better QB.

Larry Johnson on the other hand is a HUGE waste of a roster spot. Sorry....didn't want to start my own thread.

whatsmynameagain
10-18-2009, 11:47 AM

there it is folks. this is why peyton is better. grbac has a major hard on for peyton. i bet he really loves the manning oreo licking commercial.
Posted via Mobile Device

salame
10-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Manning is was and always will be better than Brady

Ebolapox
10-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I've always been a sucker for getting the franchise qb at the top of the draft. it's no secret I coveted both joey harrington and byron leftwich (blech)... however, I also wanted us to trade the farm to get peyton manning. now, would he have had the success he's had there, here? who knows. we'll never know.

kstater
10-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, so that Palmer guy, he sucks.

Brock
10-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Manning is was and always will be better than Brady

Except in the playoffs.

whatsmynameagain
10-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Brady can beat 3-4 defenses

brady can also lead his team to a 4th quarter comeback victory in 3 super bowls.....gg no re
Posted via Mobile Device

RNR
10-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Except in the playoffs.

A guy who gets little press and is stupid good is Brees of the Saints. The playoff/Superbowl argument is most likely why. Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs I have seen. He has shit the bed in some big games though.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-18-2009, 01:47 PM
i say that brady is one of the best. peyton has problems, but brees is the best out of the best.

Valiant
10-18-2009, 02:44 PM

Sorry have to disagree but there is a reason when players leave Indy they are not as good.. Peyton makes everyone way better then they are..

Halfcan
10-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Right now Brett Favre is the MVP of the NFL-6-0 12 TD'S 2 come from behind wins.

Peyton is tied for second with Brees.

Brock
10-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry have to disagree but there is a reason when players leave Indy they are not as good.. Peyton makes everyone way better then they are..

How many players left New England and were still good?

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 03:03 PM

Asante Samuel is the only one that comes to mind.

whatsmynameagain
10-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Watching the game? That right there is one of many reasons Tom is better, that flea flicker in the snow, perfect pass right in triple coverage, smooth....................

Pioli Zombie
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Tom Brady DOES NOTHING BETTER than Peyton Manning...he is inferior in every way in terms of being an NFL QB...and those who say he is a "winner" or is more "clutch"...are just idiots. That's really all I can say about that.

You started the thread you fucking idiot. To me its remindful of the Bird and Magic rivalry. Each season one guy would seem to get the edge and the other would come back the next season better and it went back and forth for a decade. Manning had the edge in supporting cast for years and didn't win while Brady won 3 Super Bowls with inferior talent. Then Manning got a defense and running game in 2006 and won it all. Then Brady got Moss and Welker and moved ahead. Then Brady got hurt and Manning has improved. They have pushed each other, IMHO into the top 5 with Montana, Unitas, and Elway maybe a notch ahead. In 3 to 5 years they may be higher up. Either ways its idiotic to degrade the other because you like your guy. So far this year Manning is Magic in 1987 to Bradys 2007, which was like Bird at his peak in 1986.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2009, 03:28 PM

Oh the rich, meaty irony...:evil:

Hootie
10-18-2009, 03:38 PM
palmer sure looked good today LMAO

Pioli Zombie
10-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Brady has lost it. Only has over 300 yards and 4 TDs in the first half.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 03:50 PM
palmer sure looked good today LMAO

He looked a hell of a lot better than the guy we traded away who is going to be converted to WR who you claimed was better.

He also played a hell of a lot better than our QB did today.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 03:53 PM
He looked a hell of a lot better than the guy we traded away who is going to be converted to WR who you claimed was better.

He also played a hell of a lot better than our QB did today.

So...he played better than Cassel today?

I have a feeling you didn't catch a single drive of the Texans game ROFL

Palmer was GOD awful. LMAO

rockymtnchief
10-18-2009, 03:53 PM
5 TD's in on quarter. NFL record.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
I could throw 10 TD's in one quarter against the Titans.

unothadeal
10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
What a day to start this thread.

ArrowheadHawk
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
I think Brady is ok.

unothadeal
10-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I could throw 10 TD's in one quarter against the Titans.

Peyton Manning couldn't.

Pioli Zombie
10-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Since the Patriots are coming an ass performance against Denver I suspect Belichick will keep his starters out there. This isn't about doing anything to the Titans, its about his own team.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 03:59 PM
So...he played better than Cassel today?

I have a feeling you didn't catch a single drive of the Texans game ROFL

Palmer was GOD awful. LMAO

No, he wasn't. Not only do I have access to the game, I also know people who work on the staff there.

Their defense got torn apart, and Benson was abysmal. Palmer was the only guy on O who showed up, and only threw a pick when he had to force balls in late.

But please, continue on with your bullshit tripe. Only a fucking genious of your caliber would start a thread like this, today.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 04:00 PM
The Texans were a heavy dog and Palmer shit the bed...but hey, you have people that work on the staff there LMAO

Hahahahahaha...

Excuses for Palmer...none for Cassel?

Some fan.

DBOSHO
10-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Good thing i have brady AND moss on my ff team

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 04:05 PM
The Texans were a heavy dog and Palmer shit the bed...but hey, you have people that work on the staff there LMAO

Hahahahahaha...

Excuses for Palmer...none for Cassel?

Some fan.

I guaranfuckingtee you didn't watch a snap of that Bengals game that wasn't an in-game break.

But hey, more of Hootie's brilliance on display in the OP itself.

Just shut the fuck up and admit that you're a fan boy who is too fucking stupid to apply logic, and so you only argue with your (always incorrect) emotions.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 04:15 PM
actually...I guarantee YOU that YOU didn't want a snap of the Bengals game.

(this is easy)

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2009, 04:15 PM
What a day to start this thread.

haha, true.

DBOSHO
10-18-2009, 04:18 PM
This is like an early fucking xmas present for me

im playing my rival this week in ffb, and brady and moss are going psycho.

Thank you tom

Pioli Zombie
10-18-2009, 04:19 PM
BabyGotGrbac I want to thank you for starting this thread. 29-34-380-6-0.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
10-18-2009, 04:23 PM
and that means he's better than Manning? hilarious.

DBOSHO
10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
and that means he's better than Manning? hilarious.

Peyton put up less numbers.

Tom has 3 rings with less talent
peyton has 1 with more talent

Tom is the more accurate of the two

i dont know what else you want. They are both HOF qbs. Tom is just better.

Hootie
10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Peyton puts up less numbers?

DBOSHO
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Against tennessee. Without snow.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-18-2009, 04:56 PM
i believe that he is.... but brady is taking advantage because he was not able to play last year for a while. its really impressive

Molitoth
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Peyton is still better.

whatsmynameagain
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM

single season td record in his first year with a hof receiver.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Manning's a better QB than Brady is....Brady has always had a better head coach and a better defense which is the difference in their titles.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Manning's a better QB than Brady is....Brady has always had a better head coach and a better defense which is the difference in their titles.

seriously. i don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand. football is a team sport. trent dilfer is not better than dan marino just because he has more super bowl rings. also, tom brady is not better than peyton manning just because he has more super bowl rings.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 08:26 PM
The whole argument is fucking retarded, but then again, let's consider who started it.

It's like arguing that finding $100 in 20-dollar bills is better than finding a $100 bill.

Coach
10-18-2009, 08:29 PM
The whole argument is fucking retarded, but then again, let's consider who started it.

It's like arguing that finding $100 in 20-dollar bills is better than finding a $100 bill.

Heh. Well said.

A $100 is $100. What's the damn difference?

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Heh. Well said.

A $100 is $100. What's the damn difference?

The difference?

Hootie.

Coach
10-18-2009, 08:30 PM
The difference?

Hootie.

Naturally.

Amnorix
10-18-2009, 08:33 PM

Right. Except for things like winning Championships and performing under pressure in the playoffs, there is nothing Brady does better.

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2009, 08:34 PM
The whole argument is ****ing retarded, but then again, let's consider who started it.

LMAO

Amnorix
10-18-2009, 08:36 PM

And how did Patten, Branch, Givens and others fare after leaving New England? Oh, right...

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2009, 08:41 PM
And how did Patten, Branch, Givens and others fare after leaving New England? Oh, right...

patten and branch: about the same, actually. look up the stats. givens never really played after he left.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2009, 11:11 PM

LMAO

jAZ
10-19-2009, 12:35 AM
The greatest of all time wins multiple championships. If Peyton wins 2-3 more, most everyone will say he was the greatest of all time. If this is his only championship, it's left to just a few people to argue that. And they will lose.

El Jefe
10-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Against tennessee. Without snow.

Im jumping in this conversation really late, but you do realize snow on the ground benefits the offense right? One slip by the cornerback or pursuing tackler usually results in a TD. Also Tennessee's secondary had all the scrubs in due to injuries. Regardless, that was some show that Brady put on, kudos to him.

BY1401
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
god I wish Patriots fans would just stick to their ****ing planet...dude, we get it...we signed Pioli to be our GM...that doesn't mean we want you morons leaching all over this site.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Mean_Patrick/Odds%20and%20Ends/Internetgregation.jpg

"And I say…internetgregation now…internetgregation tomorrow…internetgregation forever."

CoMoChief
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Put Peyton Manning on the Pats

Put Brady on the Colts.

Not to mention a fluke call (tuck rule) prevented the Raiders from going to that SB against STL, as sad as it is to say it, the Raiders got screwed.

I think youll find that Peyton would have more rings than Brady. The Colts lack of defense in the early part of the decade is what prevented them from winning more SB's.

whatsmynameagain
10-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Put Peyton Manning on the Pats

Put Brady on the Colts.

Not to mention a fluke call (tuck rule) prevented the Raiders from going to that SB against STL, as sad as it is to say it, the Raiders got screwed.

I think youll find that Peyton would have more rings than Brady. The Colts lack of defense in the early part of the decade is what prevented them from winning more SB's.

i guess most of you idiots forget peyton had one of the best running backs and wide receivers ever in james/harrison. for how many years?

IM REALLY HAPPY FOR PEYTON BUT TOM BRADY IS THE GREATEST QB EVER
Posted via Mobile Device

kcfanXIII
10-19-2009, 11:31 AM
2 years ago, most probably thought, and rightfully so, that Brady WAS the better QB.

But people tend to go with a "what have you done for me lately" attitude, and Brady has played 5 games in the past 2 years, while Manning is lighting it up this year.

this x 1000. put either one on any team and they win more games. i like peytons skills and his ability to know exactly what the defense is doing, i like brady's clutch abilities, and he's got a pretty good skill set as well. i'll hold off on saying who is better till they are both in canton.

DeezNutz
02-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Bump.

DBOSHO
02-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Peyton is sooooo clutch

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

whatsmynameagain
02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
i dont ever remember tom doing that
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
02-07-2010, 08:37 PM
"YOu GUYS MAKE EVERYTHING SO PERSONAL"!!!!!!!

Sully
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Best EVAH!!!

DBOSHO
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
i dont ever remember tom doing that
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

DeezNutz
02-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Take II? Almost.

LMAO. LMAO.

Priest31kc
02-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Brady - 3 superbowls>Manning - 1 superbowl

Buehler445
02-07-2010, 09:00 PM
LOL

EyePod
02-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Peyton didn't lose this game by himself. It was a great team loss.

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:04 PM

No he didn't lose it by himself.

The choke job was all his own, though.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 09:05 PM

It can't go both ways. If he won it, everyone would say how he put the team on his back and willed them to a championship. Peyton choked. No one else. This is his loss.

Amnorix
02-07-2010, 09:06 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

EyePod
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
It can't go both ways. If he won it, everyone would say how he put the team on his back and willed them to a championship. Peyton choked. No one else. This is his loss.

Freeney? Wayne with the drop. His team fucking up an onside kick. Stover missing a FG. I think it was a team effort. He didn't single-handedly win his first one.

Gonzo
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM

I am Gonzo and I endorse this message.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Freeney? Wayne with the drop. His team fucking up an onside kick. Stover missing a FG. I think it was a team effort. He didn't single-handedly win his first one.

And none of it mattered until he threw the pick 6. None of it. I've been pimping Manning on here as long as anyone. It is what it is.

KCbroncoHATER
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I guess this takes care of "Manning is the greatest qb to ever play the game" crap.

Haha .... Manning sucks!

Amnorix
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM

From what Hootie says, Manning and ten cheerleaders....

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 09:17 PM

OK, maybe finding four 20's, a fiver, two singles, a quarter and three pennies.

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
So...

So...

Just curious.

ROFL

#22 saints

Mama Hip Rockets
02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Well, I really thought Manning would shed the choker label and come out and dominate tonight. Didn't happen.

Oh well, maybe Drew Brees is the best quarterback in the NFL now?

Touchdown Bowe
02-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Once again, Peyton choked. Blame the rest of the team all you want. He failed to overcome the adversity in the clutch when it counts.

kcpasco
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Caldwell deserves choke job credit

That was very Herm like at the end of the 1st half

Mecca
02-07-2010, 09:45 PM
When your defense can't get off the field you're going to lose.

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:46 PM

So now, Peyton Manning is not the defacto OC?

dallaschiefsfan
02-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Greatest. Quarterback. Ever.

ROFL

chiefs1111
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
ROFLROFL

the Talking Can
02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Peyton Manning

http://www.guide2bristol.com/uploads/news/large/020409134004--choking.jpg

Coogs
Greatest. Quarterback. Ever.

ROFL

I wished he was ours many times over the past 10 years or so. Still do. I wouldn't mind drafting one of our own sometime late this April.

milkman

:facepalm:

Neither defense was getting the offense off the field.

JFC mecca.

Touchdown Bowe

Most coaches would try to milk the clock with less than a minute left in the 1st half, deep in their own territory, and knowing they would get the ball to start the 2nd (but they didnt hah)

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Peyton Manning

http://www.guide2bristol.com/uploads/news/large/020409134004--choking.jpg

Someone needs to PS Peyton's head on that.

the Talking Can
02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
The only superbowl Brady lost, he completed a late game drive to take the lead, only to watch his defense give up an improbable last minute td to the giants.

Brady = clutch

Manning = clutching throat

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
:facepalm:

Neither defense was getting the offense off the field.

JFC mecca.

This.

TOP was almost equal.

The difference?

One QB lead his team to 31 points in 45 minutes, 36 seconds.

The other lead his team to 7 points in that same time.

Brock
02-07-2010, 09:54 PM

There was a game this season where Peyton had the ball for 15 minutes for the entire game, and because of his greatness, the Colts still won. So I guess it's not asking too much for him to take the blame when he throws the game away. WTF is your fascination with guys who can't get it done when it counts the most?

Touchdown Bowe
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
There was a game this season where Peyton had the ball for 15 minutes for the entire game, and because of his greatness, the Colts still won. So I guess it's not asking too much for him to take the blame when he throws the game away. WTF is your fascination with guys who can't get it done when it counts the most?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mama Hip Rockets
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
This.

TOP was almost equal.

The difference?

One QB lead his team to 31 points in 45 minutes, 36 seconds.

The other lead his team to 7 points in that same time.

Actually, the Saints got 7 of their points on defense. So, Brees led his team to 24 points.

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Actually, the Saints got 7 of their points on defense. So, Brees led his team to 24 points.

Fair enough. Point stands.

the Talking Can
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
the truth is this game was pretty boring

the defenses were so embarrassingly bad, and weak, and poor tacklers...which is what the nfl wants

there were no big hits, no great sacks....

basically accurate QBs can complete 5-10 passes all night, which is again what the nfl wants

yes, Manning choked....but neither team showed any physicality...dink and dunk finesse is all you get anymore

02-07-2010, 09:59 PM

the defenses were so embarrassingly bad, and weak, and poor tacklers...which is what the nfl wants

basically accurate QBs can complete 5-10 passes all night, which is again what the nfl wants

yes, Manning choked....but neither team showed any physicality...dink and dunk finesse is all you get anymoreSo you would complain if the Chiefs dinked and dunked their way to a superbowl title?

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM

yes, Manning choked....but neither team showed any physicality...dink and dunk finesse is all you get anymore

Not sure I'd go that far.

The Saints held the mighty Manning and Company to 7 points in the last 3 quarters.

the Talking Can
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
So you would complain if the Chiefs dinked and dunked their way to a superbowl title?

no....what does that have to do with my post?

the Talking Can
02-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Not sure I'd go that far.

The Saints held the mighty Manning and Company to 7 points in the last 3 quarters.

they kept them out of the endzone, but really manning just choked...his passes were increasingly off the mark and not because he was under increased pressure....

it just lacked pop to me....several of the tds were because of insanely pussy tackling by multiple players....

seemed like either teams could complete 5-10 yard passes without fail....there were no deep bombs from either team....just not that exciting other than the onside kick and last 5 mins...

Basileus777
02-07-2010, 10:05 PM
ROFL ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 10:08 PM
they kept them out of the endzone, but really manning just choked...his passes were increasingly off the mark and not because he was under increased pressure....

it just lacked pop to me....several of the tds were because of insanely pussy tackling by multiple players....

seemed like either teams could complete 5-10 yard passes without fail....there were no deep bombs from either team....just not that exciting other than the onside kick and last 5 mins...

I completely agree with the excitement factor. There were basically two big plays: the onside kick and the Manning INT.

But the Saints defense deserves some major props for keeping Indy off the scoreboard for over 3 quarters.

kcpasco
02-07-2010, 10:19 PM
To be fair that was some awful route running by Wayne

Mecca
02-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Reggie Wayne also picked the best time to have about the worst game I think I've ever seen him play.

BucEyedPea
02-07-2010, 10:21 PM
So...

So...

Just curious.

ROFL

Absoleffenlutely!:thumb:

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
how about some props for brees?

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 10:23 PM
The Peyton Manning Wheaties commercial that keeps airing on NFLN is fucking priceless.

"Prepare to Win."

ROFL

kcpasco
02-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Reggie Wayne also picked the best time to have about the worst game I think I've ever seen him play.

I wish people would go back and watch the replay on that pick, that was something awful on Wayne's part.

Mecca
02-07-2010, 10:25 PM
The Colts as a whole played pretty piss poor, they couldn't get off the field, Wayne was brutal, Clark was his usual self and Addai played his best game of the year but that didn't make up for everyone else being poor.

milkman
02-07-2010, 10:26 PM

JFC.

It's all fucking excuses.

The QB that has been getting knob slobbed made a bad fucking decision.

Everything else is just excuse making and whining.

You're as bad as Hootie.

Stop whining and grow a set.

milkman
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
The Colts as a whole played pretty piss poor, they couldn't get off the field, Wayne was brutal, Clark was his usual self and Addai played his best game of the year but that didn't make up for everyone else being poor.

Good God, you're channeling Hootie.

Mecca
02-07-2010, 10:29 PM
You need to chill the fuck out.

milkman
02-07-2010, 10:31 PM
You need to chill the **** out.

No I don't.

I call out whining and dumbassery whenever I see it.

You are being a whining dumbass.

Mecca
02-07-2010, 10:32 PM
You care way to much about this Manning shit, really who gives a shit.

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
I wish people would go back and watch the replay on that pick, that was something awful on Wayne's part.

Just saw the overhead replay on NFLN.

Bad decision on Manning's part. Had the underneath crossing route (Collie) wide open.

Royal Fanatic
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Peyton Manning is still a great quarterback, despite that bad interception at the end of the game. Who knows, maybe Mecca is right and it was really Reggie Wayne's fault.

But "greatest of all time"? No.

The greatest quarterback of all time doesn't throw interceptions to lose Super Bowls, he throws touchdown passes to win them. That is why Joe Montana with his eleven touchdown passes and zero interceptions in four Super Bowls remains the greatest quarterback who ever played the game. If you're not great in the clutch, you can't be the greatest ever.

milkman
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM

If you don't give a shit, then stop whining.

You know this is who I am.

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:37 PM

What are you doing posting in a thread titled "Peyton Manning"?

Mecca
02-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa, I didn't say Reggie Wayne caused the pick, I said he played a shitty game which he did.

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2010, 10:40 PM
If Hootie the Rapist wasn't a fucking retard about this I guarantee it wouldn't be brought up like this. But it made the day even sweeter when Manning threw that pick. He is a great QB who I wish the Chiefs could have but man he chokes in the biggest games. College and pro.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Once again, <del>Hootie proves that it's an egalitarian community of football intellect where no one knows more than anyone else.</del>

Royal Fanatic
02-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa, I didn't say Reggie Wayne caused the pick, I said he played a shitty game which he did.
You're right. My bad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Hootie,

I'd like to know how damaging that pick six was that Manning threw with 3 minutes left.

milkman
If Hootie the Rapist wasn't a ****ing retard about this I guarantee it wouldn't be brought up like this. But it made the day even sweeter when Manning threw that pick. He is a great QB who I wish the Chiefs could have but man he chokes in the biggest games. College and pro.

And as was mentioned earlier, surprisingly (not), Hootie is nowwhere to be seen here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Funny that Hootie would be absent now, given how often he flips shit at people like Mecca for not being around after Chiefs victories.

DeezNutz
02-07-2010, 10:48 PM
In fairness, Hoot is probably running point man on an epic golden shower about now. Limited computer access.

Mecca
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Hootie is busy ok, it's hard playing with your roommates dick while you're drunk.

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm curious how you know that.

Mecca
02-07-2010, 10:50 PM
He posted about it several times.

But if you'd like to somehow tie me to it, go for it since hey it's me and you love doing that.

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Don't forget about raping Em Dawg or whatever that slut's name was.

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:52 PM
He posted about it several times.

But if you'd like to somehow tie me to it, go for it since hey it's me and you love doing that.

You play the martyr so well.

PS not really.

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM

That is what I am thinking as well. Manning didn't have a bad game sans the INT. Their D just couldn't stop Brees for basically 3 quarters of the game.

Mecca
02-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Almost as well as you play the 40 year old adolescent?

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Almost as well as you play the 40 year old adolescent?

That's an ironic thing for you to say. I have a job and my own house, have had since I was 20. Let me know when you get there.

milkman
02-07-2010, 10:56 PM
That's an ironic thing for you to say. I have a job and my own house, have had since I was 20. Let me know when you get there.

20?

Rausch
02-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Hootie,

I'd like to know how damaging that pick six was that Manning threw with 3 minutes left.

LEADERSHIP.

It's how you perform when the game is on the line...

Touchdown Bowe
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
...So lets blame the rest of the team for Peytons key fault?

Bad decision..Bad throw..great choke job

Your MVP ladys and gentlemen

Rausch
02-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Bad decision..Bad throw..great choke job

Your MVP ladys and gentlemen

This...

Touchdown Bowe
02-07-2010, 11:05 PM

Yeah..Lets blame Reggie for being well covered

Ive watched the replay several times and see nothing wrong with what Reggie did..he ran his route..Porter was just sitting there waiting to jump the ball..Not Reggie's fault Peyton tried to force a pass and failed

Mama Hip Rockets
02-07-2010, 11:23 PM
the defenses were so embarrassingly bad

The two best offenses in the NFL combined for 41 points of offense. I thought the defenses played pretty damn well considering what they were up against.

DaWolf
02-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Joe Montana: 16-7 playoff record.
Tom Brady: 14-4 playoff record.
Peyton Manning: 9-9 playoff record.

Manning is great, but the attempts by the press to try and anoint him "best ever" are a bit premature...

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Manning played a perfect game for practically the whole game sans one terrible throw to the worst wide receiver on the field yesterday (Wayne)...

Two deciding moments of the game...(before the pick, of course)

Garcon 1st half drop that totally swung the momentum...and the onside kick (kudos to Payton for that)...

We all know it should have been a blowout...I had a bad feeling right after Garcon dropped that pass...

I knew I'd sign on and find a bunch of this shit so I will address it as I see fit...Peyton made so many unbelievable throws that game...it's too bad he unfairly has the choker label for everyone to point to every time the Colts lose...he made throws that game that no other QB in the NFL could make, period.

Drew Brees played great...

Both defenses were awful...but the Saints were clearly the better defense in that game...everyone knows it...

and Manning should have thrown to Collie rather than Wayne...but I do find it funny that everyone always bases Brady's lack of production early in his career on lack of quality offensive skill players around him...

Reggie Wayne was the worst WR on the field yesterday...terrible routes all day and the only time Manning ever got close to being picked was when he targeted Wayne...

P.S. It's funny to see Amnorix pop in on this thread...haven't seen him in a while...lol

And if anyone wants to argue about Peyton Manning playing a flawless game minus one throw...go ahead. Yeah it was the game ender...duh. Everyone knows that. It happens...but the Colts had no business being in that position (losing by 7 when they were clearly the superior team)...

lack of balls (like Payton showed) and ONE drop (Garcon) changed the whole game...if you want to ignore the Garcon drop when they were up 10-0 and clicking on all cylinders, go ahead.

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:25 AM
and Manning made so many "wow" throws and reads the defense so amazingly well...

They lost the turnover battle 2-0 (if you count the onside kick)...pretty hard to win games like that...

I think the thing that really helped the Saints was the free timeout they got to stop Manning on that pick drive with that injury on the field...

Football truly can be a game of inches and that's exactly what that game was...

Both QB's played a great game...Manning threw one bad pass the entire game and it cost them dearly...but the fact he had to fight momentum all game long...it was a team loss. Plain and simple.

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:26 AM
brees was better

Mastashake
02-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Manning played a perfect game for practically the whole game sans one terrible throw to the worst wide receiver on the field yesterday (Wayne)...

Two deciding moments of the game...(before the pick, of course)

Garcon 1st half drop that totally swung the momentum...and the onside kick (kudos to Payton for that)...

We all know it should have been a blowout...I had a bad feeling right after Garcon dropped that pass...

I knew I'd sign on and find a bunch of this shit so I will address it as I see fit...Peyton made so many unbelievable throws that game...it's too bad he unfairly has the choker label for everyone to point to every time the Colts lose...he made throws that game that no other QB in the NFL could make, period.

Drew Brees played great...

Both defenses were awful...but the Saints were clearly the better defense in that game...everyone knows it...

and Manning should have thrown to Collie rather than Wayne...but I do find it funny that everyone always bases Brady's lack of production early in his career on lack of quality offensive skill players around him...

Reggie Wayne was the worst WR on the field yesterday...terrible routes all day and the only time Manning ever got close to being picked was when he targeted Wayne...

P.S. It's funny to see Amnorix pop in on this thread...haven't seen him in a while...lol

And if anyone wants to argue about Peyton Manning playing a flawless game minus one throw...go ahead. Yeah it was the game ender...duh. Everyone knows that. It happens...but the Colts had no business being in that position (losing by 7 when they were clearly the superior team)...

lack of balls (like Payton showed) and ONE drop (Garcon) changed the whole game...if you want to ignore the Garcon drop when they were up 10-0 and clicking on all cylinders, go ahead.

Remember when it comes to people in the spotlight, they are judged by their lowest moments, not their greatest ones. Manning had to be perfect to win that game. He wasn't. And the pick could NOT have come at a more inopportune time. Passes like that DEFINE quarterbacks. Stats are good to get a general summary but there is NO WAY that pass is equal to, say a first and ten at the end of the first quarter. In the big situation he threw it away. That HAS to be considered. I'm not saying he isn't an amazing QB. But I'm saying this sort of thing does tarnish his chances of being known as a clutch QB.

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:27 AM
manning shat his pants when the game was on the line...

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:28 AM
brees looked like a fucking stud when the game was on the line...

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:28 AM
brees was better

you're right, he was

but he wasn't until that pick...

Manning was literally pitching a perfect game...

wasn't meant to be

you know...that drive could have ended on downs rather than the pick 6 and everyone STILL would have called him a choker...

or they could have scored a TD there and the Saints could have won on a last second field goal and I'm sure people will still call him a choker...

Peyton always chokes, Brady never chokes.

I know, I know...we hear it every year.

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:30 AM
well I'm never going to define greatness in the NFL by Super Bowl wins and losses...asking a QB to be 100% flawless in a Super Bowl is ridiculous...

if you guys really watched that game and want to peg that loss squarely on the shoulders of Peyton Manning then so be it...

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:30 AM
brees completely dominated the stat line, came from behind early, sliced open the colts d like a bowie knife through a shar pei, was steel in the clutch, and oh yeah, won the game. i guess you can say he was better the whole game

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:31 AM
what was montana's record in superbowls again?

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Unfortunately...

The Colts were the better team and they lost. It always goes back to the Dungy tree to me...never creative, always conservative.

I was shocked when they went for it on 4th and 2...I will give Caldwell a little credit for that...

but the extra possession and the Garcon drop just swung the momentum and the Colts were trying to score that tying TD with 3:00+ on the clock so the Saints couldn't just get in field goal range and clock them right away...

Manning made a bad read at a bad time to a receiver who decided to take the night off for whatever reason...

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:34 AM
scoreboard. box score.

you lose.

-King-
02-08-2010, 01:34 AM
How did all these people see Waynes "terrible" route running? Was the coaches tape released?

-King-
02-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Colston also dropped a big pass. I guess that took all the momentum away from the Saints... oh wait.

Hootie
brees completely dominated the stat line, came from behind early, sliced open the colts d like a bowie knife through a shar pei, was steel in the clutch, and oh yeah, won the game. i guess you can say he was better the whole game

Brees wasn't better the whole game...

Not even close.

how many tough throws did Brees make that game?

Seriously.

Manning made 3 or 4 throws on 3rd down that were just unbelievable and throws only HE makes.

Look...

Both defenses were pretty bad...but I have no doubt in my mind that Peyton Manning was making the Saints defense look bad for the majority of the game while the Colts defense was just plain overmatched...I mean...they didn't even make it tough on Brees in the 2nd half.

He literally didn't have to make one tough pass that I can remember that game.

I think there was 1 sack in the game by Freeney...

You can deny it all you want but Manning made some throws that game that would have been LEGENDARY had they won...

I'm just going to keep pointing to it because I told everyone at the party I was at it was the turning point in the game...

The Garcon drop in the 1st half on 3rd down.

That let the Saints back in the game.

Mr. Flopnuts
well I'm never going to define greatness in the NFL by Super Bowl wins and losses...asking a QB to be 100% flawless in a Super Bowl is ridiculous...

if you guys really watched that game and want to peg that loss squarely on the shoulders of Peyton Manning then so be it...

Yeah, sorry. Manning dropped significantly to me for this. He was able to overcome the exact same circumstances against Miami, but absolutely blew the game tonight. That pick 6 was the game, and that was on his shoulders and his shoulders alone. He made a terrible decision at the worst possible time. You just can't do that and be the greatest of all time.

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:36 AM
How did all these people see Waynes "terrible" route running? Was the coaches tape released?

no but I saw the replay a few times...

it's like he was hungover or something...

he was just bad and it looked like he didn't even want to be there

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Colston had a huge wide open drop as well. you didnt see the saints turn into jean van de velde after that. one dropped pass in the 1st half does not change a game. lame. you lose.

-King-
02-08-2010, 01:37 AM
no but I saw the replay a few times...

it's like he was hungover or something...

he was just bad and it looked like he didn't even want to be there

So a replay of 1 route and all of a sudden he ran terrible routes the whole game?

-King-
02-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Peyton Manning doesn't need Wayne!!! He can play with Garcon and Collie even if Wayne and Clark are double covered and having shitty games.

2 weeks later...

Wayne had a shitty game! Its all his fault! How can you expect Peyton to lead his team to victory with Wayne playing that bad?

Mastashake
02-08-2010, 01:39 AM

I don't solely, but I do a lot. YOU CANNOT THROW THAT PICK!

I don't need to explain myself. Its crystal clear that by throwing that INT he threw away the game. That's all there is to it. And it was on him, the defender made a clean break on it. He just thought he could get it into the receiver quickly enough. He was wrong...period.

I don't want to be this harsh. To be honest I love watching him play and take over the game the way he does. I get excited over seeing a player understand the game to his level and use it. But this does not bode well for him being considered a great. He cannot be considered a clutch player when he makes mistakes like this. His record is tarnished because of one single play. It may not be fair, but it is what it is.

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:40 AM
whoops,
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOjBcAcKyuA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOjBcAcKyuA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/B]

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Yeah, sorry. Manning dropped significantly to me for this. He was able to overcome the exact same circumstances against Miami, but absolutely blew the game tonight. That pick 6 was the game, and that was on his shoulders and his shoulders alone. He made a terrible decision at the worst possible time. You just can't do that and be the greatest of all time.

ROFL

Whatever.

Some people are so "little" picture on this website.

Drew Brees is the best now...next year whoever wins the Super Bowl will be the best...last year Roethlisberger was probably the best...

I don't know how anyone watched that game and thought Brees was the better QB...clearly he was not. Peyton made a bad throw and it was costly...but does anyone really think he was shitting his pants there? OMG...he was marching down the field at ease that drive...Vilma made a great play before the pick...he made a bad throw...Wayne didn't even run a freaking route...he should have thrown it to Collie...

Brady, Elway, Marino, Montana, Favre, etc. etc. etc.

have all had numerous games that were much worse than the game Peyton Manning just had...

Manning had a great game overall...but couldn't get it done at the end...the fact the Colts decided it was a good idea to let Stover kick a 51 yard field goal was another baffling decision to me...

The Colts did not do ONE thing to help themselves out that game...the Saints got all three of the pivotal "breaks" that win games featuring two teams that can't stop one another...

-King-
02-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Unfortunately...

The Colts were the better team and they lost. It always goes back to the Dungy tree to me...never creative, always conservative.

I was shocked when they went for it on 4th and 2...I will give Caldwell a little credit for that...

but the extra possession and the Garcon drop just swung the momentum and the Colts were trying to score that tying TD with 3:00+ on the clock so the Saints couldn't just get in field goal range and clock them right away...

Manning made a bad read at a bad time to a receiver who decided to take the night off for whatever reason...

How were the Colts the better team?

Mecca
02-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I enjoy how Montana is brought up when he essentially played on the best assembled team in the last 30 years.

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Colston had a huge wide open drop as well. you didnt see the saints turn into jean van de velde after that. one dropped pass in the 1st half does not change a game. lame. you lose.

it was a game changer...

and I do remember the Colston drop...that gave the Colts momentum at the time...sure.

10-0...Manning had Garcon for 20+ yards and the Colts probably would have scored again...

No way the Saints battle back from 17...

and the extra possession to start the 2nd half...

13-10...

The Colts make it 17-13...

Imagine if they made it 17-6...

the fact the Colts were trailing by 7 in the 4th quarter after watching Manning play the way he played....was amazing to me...

He barely even touched the ball in the 2nd quarter...

if you want to say that Garcon drop didn't mean anything then you just don't know how NFL football games are decided...

always two or three little things

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:44 AM
brees has been putting up league leading numbers for several years now. this isnt anything new

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Peyton Manning doesn't need Wayne!!! He can play with Garcon and Collie even if Wayne and Clark are double covered and having shitty games.

2 weeks later...

Wayne had a shitty game! Its all his fault! How can you expect Peyton to lead his team to victory with Wayne playing that bad?

not blaming wayne

but we can throw out the whole "Tom Brady never had any weapons" argument...

Clearly Peyton turns anyone willing to listen into a superstar.

Garcon and Collie look every bit as good as Wayne ever has.

Mecca
02-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Also I'd hope Brees had awesome stats after the 1st quarter he routinely threw 3 yard passes in the "ball control keep the Colts off the field pass offense".

Simply put the Colts defense couldn't get off the field.

L.A. Chieffan
I enjoy how Montana is brought up when he essentially played on the best assembled team in the last 30 years.

manning is better than him though right? superbowls wins and losses have nothing to do with it, right?

-King-
whoops,
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOjBcAcKyuA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOjBcAcKyuA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/B]

It's obviously Waynes fault. He should have went right throw Porter to catch the ball. He does have superpowers right?

Hootie
02-08-2010, 01:46 AM
How were the Colts the better team?

well watching the game it was clear to me who had more talent...

it was also clear to me once again which coaching staff played to win...and which coaching staff played to not lose

that's the Tony Dungy tree for you

you ever think the Colts would try something like that?

or go for it on 4th and 2 goal to go...

and then have the Colts hand the ball off to Mike Hart twice to pretty much concede 3 more points...

and then let Stover try a 51 yard field goal..

I just can't get over the Dungy tree...will always hate those coaches more than anything

Mecca
02-08-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't care if you post 1 play or not, Wayne sucked balls in that game, even on the 4th down play he nearly dropped the fucking thing when he was wide open.

-King-
02-08-2010, 01:47 AM
it was a game changer...

and I do remember the Colston drop...that gave the Colts momentum at the time...sure.

10-0...Manning had Garcon for 20+ yards and the Colts probably would have scored again...

If Colston makes that catch on that drive, then the Saints probably would have scored.

Whats your point?

L.A. Chieffan
playing the if game is fun. if the chiefs were the steelers wed have a bunch of superbowls.

jjchieffan
Manning 31/45, 333 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT
Brees 32/39, 288 YDS, 2 TD

Great numbers by both QB's. But look at Brees over 80% completion percentage. You can argue the toughness of the throws all you want, but Brees had the better game.

Mastashake
Drew Brees is the best now...next year whoever wins the Super Bowl will be the best...last year Roethlisberger was probably the best...

I don't know how anyone watched that game and thought Brees was the better QB...clearly he was not. Peyton made a bad throw and it was costly...but does anyone really think he was shitting his pants there? OMG...he was marching down the field at ease that drive...Vilma made a great play before the pick...he made a bad throw...Wayne didn't even run a freaking route...he should have thrown it to Collie...

How is an 82% completion rating and 32 completed passes (tying a record) not make him the better QB? He was flawless. He did everything Manning did plus some. And I thought Brees was the better QB last year also. He was EPIC last year, and nothing short of it.

Manning had a great game overall...but couldn't get it done at the end...

This is why he is not considered the best of all time. You have to finish up in the Super Bowl.

the Saints got all three of the pivotal "breaks" that win games featuring two teams that can't stop one another...

It is no mistake that the Saints had 10 defensive TDs this year. Their defense was DESIGNED for turnovers. They did exactly what they planned to do.

Mecca
02-08-2010, 01:48 AM
He completed 32 passes for 288 yards...it's not hard to have a high percentage when you are dinking and dunking.

-King-
02-08-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't care if you post 1 play or not, Wayne sucked balls in that game, even on the 4th down play he nearly dropped the fucking thing when he was wide open.

Robert Meachem sucked even more balls today... yet Brees made it work. Funny how that is.

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:49 AM
manning got owned by porter. everybody on the field knew where it was going and wayne could do nothing to stop it