View Full Version : Chiefs Just got home from the game

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow.

It'd been raining here for four straight days and the forecast called for possible snow.

By the time I got to Fed-Ex Field, it had cleared up and people were shedding their cold weather gear. Absolutely beautiful weather to watch the game.

I'll try to post some of my pictures from the game later in the thread once I get them moved to the computer and cleaned up a bit. But, I was sitting in Section 121, Row 11, Seat 16 . . . AKA the 46 yard line. I couldn't have asked for better seats. I'm definitely hoarse now and anticipate having little voice for work tomorrow.

LOTS of KC fans at the game from NC, PA, VA, MD, MO, AR, and points in between. Redskin fans were boisterous but friendly. However, lots of their fans were disguised as orange and yellow seats. :D

Most of you already watched the game, but these are my impressions:

Haley is definitely NOT losing this team. He's one part drill sergeant and one part cheerleader. He's thumping guys on the chest when they make a great play and in their grill when they screw up. I'm impressed with what I've seen at the Ravens and Redskins games and I think he's going to grow into the job just fine.

May take him a bit to get the Gatorade out of his clothes though.

Bowe is likely to be back in the doghouse. He dropped a ton of balls that were obviously catchable. Just dumb drops. He made some very athletic catches, but if he caught a couple of the ones he dropped, we win this one going away. :cuss:

Cassel put some very nice touch on some balls and threw a few I know he wanted back. He still needs to learn to throw the ball away when the play isn't there though. He took a couple of nasty whacks and kept popping back up - good for him. On the play where he threw the ball past the line of scrimmage, he had open running room. If he would have faked the throw and then tucked it away, we pick up that first down easy. :grr:

Defensive line put the most pressure on anyone I've seen this year. We called Hali's safety in the stands. He just flat out left his blocker in the dust as he faked out and then did a power move inside. Odd Todd never saw it coming.

Speaking of lines, I know Cassel got sacked, but I think he had the most time to look down field all season today. There were several times he went under center, dropped back and wasn't immediately under pressure. If Bowe or Bradley had hung onto a couple of those passes, Cassel would have had an outstanding day.

Plus, Larry had some great runs behind the "left" side of the line and up the gut. Right side is still suspect, but I was pleased to see the 4, 5, 8, 11 yard runs from him and much less of the minus yards.

Succup. Kid is nails. I would have liked a couple of his kickoffs to be a little deeper, but can't argue with results. Same with Colquitt. If Legget hadn't fallen down, we'd have nailed them against their endzone on that one kick.

Yeah, we're 1-5 and yeah, we've got a long way to go, but I'm more hopeful than I have been in a while. We've got our first win, we looked like a complete team and we kept the killer edge at the end and put it away.

Here's to many more victories.:clap:

Crush
10-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Rep to you for the eye witness account.

bevischief
10-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Rep to you for the eye witness account.

Same here.

ArrowheadHawk
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Glad you got to see the team. Let alone a win. I bet you don't get to do that too much.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Glad you got to see the team. Let alone a win. I bet you don't get to do that too much.

Nope, and it was a rare treat for the Chiefs to be playing at Baltimore and Washington the same year.

I will be attending at least one game in Arrowhead next year. I want to see how it looks after the renovations are done.

ArrowheadHawk
10-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Nope, and it was a rare treat for the Chiefs to be playing at Baltimore and Washington the same year.

I will be attending at least one game in Arrowhead next year. I want to see how it looks after the renovations are done.

You should try and make the denver or oakland game.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Haven't been to an Oakland game before. Definitely need to do that.

At KC.

My self-preservation instinct encourages me to avoid Oakland-Alameda Stadium

ArrowheadHawk
10-18-2009, 05:12 PM

At KC.

Good call.

EyePod
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Good except for how much you got on Bowe and didn't ream Cassel. Cassel was all over the place with his throws. Bowe saved him twice, and had two drops and then the rest were just bad passes. Haley has talked about Cassel having crappy aim, but hey, at least he's an upgrade over Thiggy...

Fat Elvis
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Wow.

It'd been raining here for four straight days and the forecast called for possible snow.

By the time I got to Fed-Ex Field, it had cleared up and people were shedding their cold weather gear. Absolutely beautiful weather to watch the game.

I'll try to post some of my pictures from the game later in the thread once I get them moved to the computer and cleaned up a bit. But, I was sitting in Section 121, Row 11, Seat 16 . . . AKA the 46 yard line. I couldn't have asked for better seats. I'm definitely hoarse now and anticipate having little voice for work tomorrow.

LOTS of KC fans at the game from NC, PA, VA, MD, MO, AR, and points in between. Redskin fans were boisterous but friendly. However, lots of their fans were disguised as orange and yellow seats. :D

Most of you already watched the game, but these are my impressions:

Haley is definitely NOT losing this team. He's one part drill sergeant and one part cheerleader. He's thumping guys on the chest when they make a great play and in their grill when they screw up. I'm impressed with what I've seen at the Ravens and Redskins games and I think he's going to grow into the job just fine.

May take him a bit to get the Gatorade out of his clothes though.

Bowe is likely to be back in the doghouse. He dropped a ton of balls that were obviously catchable. Just dumb drops. He made some very athletic catches, but if he caught a couple of the ones he dropped, we win this one going away. :cuss:

Cassel put some very nice touch on some balls and threw a few I know he wanted back. He still needs to learn to throw the ball away when the play isn't there though. He took a couple of nasty whacks and kept popping back up - good for him. On the play where he threw the ball past the line of scrimmage, he had open running room. If he would have faked the throw and then tucked it away, we pick up that first down easy. :grr:

Defensive line put the most pressure on anyone I've seen this year. We called Hali's safety in the stands. He just flat out left his blocker in the dust as he faked out and then did a power move inside. Odd Todd never saw it coming.

Speaking of lines, I know Cassel got sacked, but I think he had the most time to look down field all season today. There were several times he went under center, dropped back and wasn't immediately under pressure. If Bowe or Bradley had hung onto a couple of those passes, Cassel would have had an outstanding day.

Plus, Larry had some great runs behind the "left" side of the line and up the gut. Right side is still suspect, but I was pleased to see the 4, 5, 8, 11 yard runs from him and much less of the minus yards.

Succup. Kid is nails. I would have liked a couple of his kickoffs to be a little deeper, but can't argue with results. Same with Colquitt. If Legget hadn't fallen down, we'd have nailed them against their endzone on that one kick.

Yeah, we're 1-5 and yeah, we've got a long way to go, but I'm more hopeful than I have been in a while. We've got our first win, we looked like a complete team and we kept the killer edge at the end and put it away.

Here's to many more victories.:clap:

That's it right there. That is the reason I have hope for this team. I still don't think we are very good. But for the first time in I don't know how long, we were able to put the game away when we needed it the most. That is something we haven't seen for several years.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Pictures from the game are located in a picture album here on Chiefs Planet.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/album.php?u=21

Pictures taken with an Olympus C765 Ultra Zoom Digital Camera with a 10x Optical Zoom. (Not bad a point and shoot. One of these days I'll get a Digital SLR.)

Enjoy

Old Dog
10-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Nice pics

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 07:37 AM

I think you better check with the talking heads of CP first... Haley is losing this team and its all Doom and Gloom...

Bwana
10-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Sweet! Thanks for posting the pics as well.

El Jefe
10-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Nice pics dude!

Goldmember
10-19-2009, 07:54 AM

At KC.

Don't be a wuss, it's not that bad. I've been there many times and haven't had even a beer thrown on me...knifed and shot once, but no beer :)

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 07:54 AM
That's it right there. That is the reason I have hope for this team. I still don't think we are very good. But for the first time in I don't know how long, we were able to put the game away when we needed it the most. That is something we haven't seen for several years.

Actually I don't think we did put the game away. Putting the game away would have been sticking the ball in the end zone 1 out of the 3 or 4 times we started a drive at mid-field in the 4th quarter. The slant pattern to Bowe was a GREAT call, but we gave them the ball back way too many times in the 4th.

Props to the defense and to a horrible Washington offense for holding on, though.

JohninGpt
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Nice pics and great seats! Thanksing for sharing.

TEX
10-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Don't be a wuss, it's not that bad. I've been there many times and haven't had even a beer thrown on me...knifed and shot once, but no beer :)

I've been to a couple in Oakland myself, and IF you can survuve the parking lot, you'll be fine....

Hay Soose
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I was at the game as well. It was fun, and cold. Cold where I was sitting. I had one hellava draft on the back of my neck. Closer to the field was freakin nice and warm. Had to of been below 40 degrees where I sat, beause of the draft. Section 220 row 22. LOL

Cassel - What can I say? He looks Terribad.
It is pretty sad when your GF sitting next to you hopes he gets hurt. She booed him. He was awful, and he is awful every week.
The poor guy missed so many open WR's it's pathetic. Not throwing to, but rather SEEING.
The WR's were open A LOT. Cassel has tunnel vision. It's rare that he looks to both sides of the field. He choses a primary target and a secondary target and that is it. He does not progress through his reads.

Out of those 5 sacks, 4 were his fault. He is slow.

You guys ever notice that the Elite QB's in the league have a "swagger"? Do you see that in Cassel? I sure as hell don't. The guy is a total bum. I know I am stuck with him, and so be it. I hope to gawd he gets better. I really do. But what the fuck is so special about him?

D-Bowe - every drop ball was on him.Him running out of bounds going for a TD could have cost the game. If he wants to be like fitz, he should have just dropped to the ground after getting the first down. Other than that, I loved his diving catch in the early moments of the game.

LJ - looked as awful as normal. The difference was better blocking and better play calling for outside runs. His chunks game from running the edge, and not up the middle. I would like to see more calls like that.

The defense was just par. A bunch of missed tackles. I enjoyed watching flowers get smoked by Moss. Perhaps that will bring him down to earth from his cloud of überness.

I must also thank DC for providing a terribad team. As bad as the Chiefs were, Redskins were that much worse.

I know we won, I am happy as hell. I have been a loyal fan for 20 years. I am patiently waiting for the "Dynasty". My Hockey team is right on the edge, I just need my Football team to be there too. Oh well, 1 out of 2 aint bad....

StcChief
10-19-2009, 11:52 AM
nice pics. thanks.

ziggysocki
10-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Good rundown and sweet pics. Thanks!

Simply Red
10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks, MPCF.