PDA

View Full Version : Football WTF? The mighty NFC East goes down in flames today....

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 08:04 PM
The mighty NFC East went down today badly.

Cowboys - Bye
Philly - Beat by the Faid
Giants - Dismantled by the Saints
Redskins - loss to the Chiefs

WTF is going on. Isn't the Super Bowl supposed to be the winner of the AFC and some poor AFC team? Or is that the media blowing things out of proportion?

I didn't see any of the other games, what's going on with these guys. The Giants got brutally assualted by an amazing offense but Philly and Washington? Epic suck occurred there.

What are your guys' thoughts on them? Are they still the conference to beat? Who are you looking at as the powers of the conferences?

I did a quick scan and didn't see this. So if it's a repost, have DaFace ban Malboro_Chief again....or something.

tk13
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
The Saints are frightening right now. That's what. The way they dismantled the Giants defense today was probably one of the most impressive things we'll see all year.

tk13
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
The Vikings are still really good too, but they've had a horseshoe up their colon a couple times now. You can still see them going to the SB or getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs and watching Favre throw a crippling interception to kill them.

Coach
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Granted, KC went 1-3 against that division, but they could have easily been 2-2 if they didn't choke away the Dallas game.

I guess, it was better than 0-4 that most people feared would happen, since we all, at first, believe that was a very tough conference. Doesn't seem like it is to me now.

We got destroyed by the Giants, not shocking to me.
We got destroyed by the Eagles, not shocking to me.
We barely lost to Cowboys, which was a disappointment, since I was pulling out for a win.
We barely won against the Redsinks, which was a sweet moment.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
The mighty NFC East went down today badly.

Cowboys - Bye
Philly - Beat by the Faid
Giants - Dismantled by the Saints
Redskins - loss to the Chiefs

WTF is going on. Isn't the Super Bowl supposed to be the winner of the AFC and some poor AFC team? Or is that the media blowing things out of proportion?

I didn't see any of the other games, what's going on with these guys. The Giants got brutally assualted by an amazing offense but Philly and Washington? Epic suck occurred there.

What are your guys' thoughts on them? Are they still the conference to beat? Who are you looking at as the powers of the conferences?

I did a quick scan and didn't see this. So if it's a repost, have DaFace ban Malboro_Chief again....or something.

can you rephrase this entire post to make an inkling of sense?

Basileus777
10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
The Giants' defensive statistics before this game were a bit of a mirage, mostly due to their soft schedule. Their linebackers are mediocre and terrible in coverage, without Phillips their safeties suck, and their DTs have been getting no push all year long. And New Orleans found a way to expose all of these problems. The Giants gave Drew Brees all day in the pocket and their linebackers were an embarrassment.

InChiefsHeaven
10-18-2009, 08:16 PM
The Saints are that good. Believe it...

BryanBusby
10-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Cowboys probably lost to the bye.

Demonpenz
10-18-2009, 08:22 PM
any given sunday crazy shit can happen that is why we watch? reggie bush doesn't even get the ball

TEX
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
The Saints are that good. Believe it...

Yep. On both sides of the ball.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
it is all pretty sad, but it might get picked up.... you never know

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
can you rephrase this entire post to make an inkling of sense?

OK. Why did the NFC east blow ass this week?

Secondary question, why didn't you learn to read in 1st grade?

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 09:13 PM
The Vikings are still really good too, but they've had a horseshoe up their colon a couple times now. You can still see them going to the SB or getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs and watching Favre throw a crippling interception to kill them.

Yeah, we'll see if The Douche Formerly Known as Favre can finish the season better than he did last year.

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
The Giants' defensive statistics before this game were a bit of a mirage, mostly due to their soft schedule. Their linebackers are mediocre and terrible in coverage, without Phillips their safeties suck, and their DTs have been getting no push all year long. And New Orleans found a way to expose all of these problems. The Giants gave Drew Brees all day in the pocket and their linebackers were an embarrassment.

Did their 400 all world DE's get any pressure on Brees?

Basileus777
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Did their 400 all world DE's get any pressure on Brees?

They got virtually no pressure on Brees.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2009, 09:23 PM
OK. Why did the NFC east blow ass this week?

Secondary question, why didn't you learn to read in 1st grade?

I can read just fine. Re-read your post. I read it three times and still have no idea what you are talking about.

"Isn't the Super Bowl supposed to be the winner of the AFC and some poor AFC team?" WTF does that mean?

"What are your guys' thoughts on them? Are they still the conference to beat?" Thoughts on who? The Giants? They are not a conference. The NFC East? They are also not a conference. Who in the hell do you want my thoughts on?

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I can read just fine. Re-read your post. I read it three times and still have no idea what you are talking about.

"Isn't the Super Bowl supposed to be the winner of the AFC and some poor AFC team?" WTF does that mean?

Dude. All we heard about all offseason was how the NFC East was better than all of the other conferences combined.

"What are your guys' thoughts on them? Are they still the conference to beat?" Thoughts on who? The Giants? They are not a conference. The NFC East? They are also not a conference. Who in the hell do you want my thoughts on?

Should have said division. My bad. I thought maybe you could discern that from, I don't know, the thread title.

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 09:27 PM
They got virtually no pressure on Brees.

Interesting. They have been putting up scary numbers.

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM

Bottom line is the NFC East was supposed to be the class of the NFL. They had a poor outing. I thought it would make good conversation.

I'm sorry my thread is not up to your standards.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Bottom line is the NFC East was supposed to be the class of the NFL. They had a poor outing. I thought it would make good conversation.

I'm sorry my thread is not up to your standards.

it's okay.

Basileus777
10-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Interesting. They have been putting up scary numbers.

That's what happens when you start out with a joke of a schedule. The Giants have a good defense, but it's not as good as it has been the past two years.

Their pass rush isn't what it should be based on the players they have out there. And it's a passing league- when your pass rush isn't getting to the qb and the qb and receivers are decent, you're pretty much fucked.

RJ
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I hate the NFC East, but a couple of years ago my little girl threw me a curve. About halfway through their Superbowl season she decided she liked the Giants, mainly because she likes New York. She's never been there but she likes it. And since she roots for my teams - Chiefs and Ravens - she decided it was only fair that I root for the Giants. And I can't argue with that.

But good gawd, I do hate the NFC East. Just don't tell my daughter.

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
I hate the NFC East, but a couple of years ago my little girl threw me a curve. About halfway through their Superbowl season she decided she liked the Giants, mainly because she likes New York. She's never been there but she likes it. And since she roots for my teams - Chiefs and Ravens - she decided it was only fair that I root for the Giants. And I can't argue with that.

But good gawd, I do hate the NFC East. Just don't tell my daughter.

I hate the media slobbering they get from the EASTERN sports programming network. But I don't have anything against the NFC East per say. Cowboys can lick my nuts. But they're just other teams that I hope the Chiefs beat the fuck out of.

jidar
10-18-2009, 09:56 PM
I benched Drew Brees because he was facing the Giants D.
I'm a dumbass.

Buehler445
10-18-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm a dumbass.

Rough call man.

The_Doctor10
10-19-2009, 02:39 AM

Not to take his side, because it's a horribly-put-together sentence that you're questioning, but what I think he means is 'The Super Bowl is supposed to be between the AFC Champions and a team from the NFC who, were they to play in the AFC, would be about as good as the Bills'

Frankly though, even that's stretching it a bit, because in no way are the NFC champions going to be a poor team if they played in the AFC. Especially if they're the Saints.

BryanBusby
10-19-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm a dumbass.

I'd call you a dumbass, but I might of done the same if my back up wasn't Cassel. Between him, Deangelo Williams facing TB and Wes Welker, this week was the easiest win I had all season.

Crush
10-19-2009, 04:58 AM
I'm a dumbass.

Ouch.