PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ's best game so far this year

Mr. Laz
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
he didn't just run into the butt of the nearest offensive lineman. Showed a little energy too.

of course Haley has some weird anti-run rule once we get to the red zone so the running game didn't get us into the
endzone. :cuss:

but Kudos to Johnson for showing a little heart today. :toast:

Reerun_KC
10-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Were still a better team without him than with him...

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I don't understand Haley's obsession with abandoning the run in the RZ.

Thought LJ showed a slight burst today. Best he's looked in quite a while.

Demonpenz
10-18-2009, 08:41 PM
if lj gets some positive plays he gets fired up, he tends to give up when things aren't going his way

Pink Paradise 2010
10-18-2009, 08:53 PM
it was by far his best game. he got over 80 yards, and it was amazing to watch larry run, not prance around like a fairy, but run :)

smittysbar
10-18-2009, 08:57 PM
if lj gets some positive plays he gets fired up, he tends to give up when things aren't going his way

Yep

raybec 4
10-18-2009, 09:45 PM
I was pleased to see him do it against that defense, the skins are pretty good up front.

tonyetony
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM

Agreed.

O'Callaghan gave up 1 sack today but I think he is still an upgrade over Sackiningtosh and N-Dookie.

jidar
10-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I was pleased to see him do it against that defense, the skins are pretty good up front.

eh? While they do have a decent pass rush, their run D has been pretty bad this year.

TRR
10-18-2009, 09:55 PM
It was interesting hearing Gannon talk about LJ looking lost in a one back set. Gannon said LJ is much better with a FB...

It makes a lot of sense as LJ has little to no vision when running. Following a FB into the hole is probably what LJ needs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
10-18-2009, 09:57 PM
He looked good because the O-line did it's fucking job.

That's all it's ever been about.

And there was plenty of crap from the OL today, too. Case in point first play of our last drive. Instant penetration and a three-yard loss.

carlos3652
10-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I don't understand Haley's obsession with abandoning the run in the RZ.

Thought LJ showed a slight burst today. Best he's looked in quite a while.

Im not sure, but we score td's 75% of the time while were in there, so if what were doing is working why change it? :shrug:

jaa1025
10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Pretty amazing that we get excited about a 3.6 YPC....have we really fell that far down?

Skip Towne
10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
How many carries did it take to get him 80 yards? I didn't get to see the game.

Uncle_Ted
10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
FWIW, Len Dawson has been very complimentary of LJ this year ... says that he is running hard and following the plays the way they are designed to be run, but he can't get any yards when the O-Line can't make a hole.

I don't watch most games so I can't make an independent judgment, but when is the last time Len praised a non-productive player so much?

Valiant
10-18-2009, 10:27 PM

Which half of that is his fault, the other is the line..

If LJ did not run like a broke bitch when the ball is first put in his hands he would have a better average.. Getting the ball and tiptoeing to the line is going to get you stuck, you need to slam that shit in there when there is nothing there and fall forward for 3 yards instead of getting hit at the line for no gain because you run so softly..

The few times he gets completely open he goes back to the LJ of old and runs with power.. The problem is it is more miss then hit on that..

Hammock Parties
10-18-2009, 10:49 PM
FWIW, Len Dawson has been very complimentary of LJ this year ... says that he is running hard and following the plays the way they are designed to be run, but he can't get any yards when the O-Line can't make a hole.

It's pretty fucking obvious to anyone with half a brain...but people like to hate, so they hate. And LJ has always been a target. Always.