PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Cassel's mounting frustration...

Direckshun
10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
...is hella obvious.

There is probably a .gif out there where he seems to be berating his OLmen as they line up. He is doing everything but jumping up and down.

How many times this season has he seemed to be pissed at the random OLman picks him off the ground.

He's bickering with Haley on the sideline, which I understand is standard operating procedure with Todd, but I've never seen it from Cassel.

And his physical reactions after dropped passes are getting more and more exaggerated.

Ladies and gents, our franchise is noooot happy with the team around him right now.

Mecca
10-19-2009, 12:30 AM
He was doing that last week too....

I give him credit for not throwing picks but part of it is him, he holds onto the ball to long for the line he has.

We're a bad team he's not going to get to play in a good situation right off the bat.

BigRedChief
10-19-2009, 06:21 AM
...is hella obvious.

There is probably a .gif out there where he seems to be berating his OLmen as they line up. He is doing everything but jumping up and down.

How many times this season has he seemed to be pissed at the random OLman picks him off the ground.

He's bickering with Haley on the sideline, which I understand is standard operating procedure with Todd, but I've never seen it from Cassel.

And his physical reactions after dropped passes are getting more and more exaggerated.

Ladies and gents, our franchise is noooot happy with the team around him right now.
I think this is a good thing. He should be ticked off at our teams ineptness. On a personal level, that OL is endangering him physically, that has to be a factor also. I think he's been pretty restrained, considering the circumstances.

Despite that he not trying to force balls and throwing interceptions.

Jack
10-19-2009, 06:33 AM
hella. . ?

Simply Red
10-19-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm not overly concerned, we still have Casey Printers...

Deberg_1990
10-19-2009, 06:49 AM

I give him credit for not throwing picks but part of it is him, he holds onto the ball to long for the line he has.

We're a bad team he's not going to get to play in a good situation right off the bat.

Agreed. But i do see the potential there.

His stats are decent so far, nothing special....At least hes not turning the ball over much. But alot of his throws have been safe throws.

Maybe next year if they improve the line play and get some speedier recievers. Then they can let longer routes develop and let him throw deeper more.

MahiMike
10-19-2009, 07:03 AM
That's a good thing. When he just mopes happily back to the sideline is when things are bad. Haley likes the spunk too.

Buehler445
10-19-2009, 10:01 AM
I noticed it too. I also notice that he doesn't have a lot of Chemistry with his receivers and sometimes looks around like shit isn't where it is supposed to be.

I really think Cassel needs a good QB coach that he can go over some of this shit on the sideling with. He's still pretty inexperienced and needs a support unit other than the HC. JMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-19-2009, 10:14 AM
"FUCK, EDDIE"...LMAO

C-Mac
10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
I noticed it too. I also notice that he doesn't have a lot of Chemistry with his receivers and sometimes looks around like shit isn't where it is supposed to be.

I really think Cassel needs a good QB coach that he can go over some of this shit on the sideling with. He's still pretty inexperienced and needs a support unit other than the HC. JMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

He needs help on selling his fakes. Whether its draws, play action or fake pass, he looks like terrible, much like a QB who needs a good QB coach.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-19-2009, 10:19 AM

Yes, at times, he holds onto the ball too much.

Sometimes, guys do that out of fear. They watch the rush instead of watching the WR's. Or, they throw a pick or two and wait for the WR to come wide open (which doesn't happen in the NFL).

But, if you watch Cassel, he has his eyes downfield. He sacrifices his body to make the play. He is a tough, tough QB.

And, he knows that this team isn't good enough to give up on any play. Seriously.

I don't understand why more people, especially guys like you who act like you know the game, don't understand this.

We can't see the field from his level, we can't see who is about to break open.

Another point is that he is still learning this system.

As you get to know a system better, you know what will be open against each defense. You don't have to go through all your reads, because you know where to look.

Now, one thing that got me was the criticism for Cassel taking the sack of 4th and 2.

If you look at the play, you will see the RDE runs out of his sight line. He starts to step up and scramble, and is tackled right away but the same RDE.

He knew he only needed two yards. He didn't expect that RDE to come off the block that quickly.

He was keeping the play alive.

Cassel's refusal to concede plays is not a problem in my opinion. It is a benefit.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-19-2009, 10:21 AM
...is hella obvious.

The great QB's don't just say aww shucks fellas...get em' next time.

I am not saying he will be great, but I love the fact that he will get a little cross at guys not doing their job.

The head coach can only do so much. You have to have leaders on the team.

Mr. Laz
10-19-2009, 10:23 AM
our tightends can't block for shit ... they are gonna get cassel killed.

Just Passin' By
10-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Receivers that can't get open

Receivers that can't hold onto the football

An offensive line that can't hold up for any amount of time

An injury that's got him wearing a brace and lessening his mobility

A running game that doesn't scare anyone and doesn't slow down the rush

I'd be shocked, and disappointed, if he wasn't frustrated.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-19-2009, 10:24 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

The times that I have seen that, Haley is chewing out the WR, not Cassel.

So, I think the WR's are not where they are supposed to be.

For all the praise Bowe got yesterday.... he still dropped three balls, I think. Catches that would have extended drives.

That just puts more pressure on Cassel. You have to make the defense pay for the blitzes, and worry more about coverage.

It is those types of things that make Cassel sit there in the pocket and wait til the last minute for something to open up. He knows they can't concede a play.

All that said, I agree he needs a QB coach. I know Haley wants to be on the same page with Cassel.

JD10367
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Sorry to hear Cassel has mounting frustration.

If he's too small and keeps slipping out, he should give up on doggie and tell her to lie on her back with her ankles up over her head, so he can... oh, wait. This thread title was misleading. Never mind.

Sure-Oz
10-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Im sure Brady would be getting pissed off too if he was behind this line

blaise
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm not surprised he's getting frustrated, but he's had opportunities to hit open guys down the field for big plays this season and he's missed. You only get a few of those a game, and he's missed more than he should have.