PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet A poll: What political party do you associate your self with?

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
For quite some time I've been interested in the demographics of Chiefs Planet. I don't really have a reason. I'm just interested in seeing the results. Obviously, you don't have to particpate, but it works better if many do. You don't have to comment, but you are welcome to.

Here's the second poll question: What political party do you think you would most associate with and/or most agree with?

I'm not asking which party you are registered with. I'm not asking which party you would support. I'm just asking which political party most closely represents you and your political leanings. Even if you don't like any political party and even if you don't believe it political parties, you should know which party's platform is closest to your own political beliefs.

I would guess that this BB is pretty divided down the middle. I would guess, and this is just a shot in the dark, 35% Republican, 30% Democrat, 25% Independant, 10% Other.

I'm only going to post four options. Everyone should fall into one of the four categories.

Clarification: I don't think Independant is an actual party. I could be wrong. I think it's just a category for someone who wants to run for office and not declare a party affiliation. If I'm wrong, feel free to post a correction.

BTW, when I'm done posting polls, I'll post all the results in one thread. I think it will be interesting to see "who we are".

I'm sorry, but I won't be posting any Gaz options.

Brock
10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Political parties are for douches.

Demonpenz
10-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Demoncrat

DeezNutz
10-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Be ye gone. Back, back to DC.

El Jefe
10-19-2009, 09:35 AM

I somewhat agree with you.

Demoncrat

LMAO.

I would have to consider myself more independent than not.

BigRedChief
10-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Why is this in the lounge?

The Franchise
10-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Just FYI.......there is no Independant party.

There is "Decline to State" and "American Independent".

booger
10-19-2009, 09:43 AM
librarian

ChiTown
10-19-2009, 09:45 AM
How long have you been retarded?

Sully
10-19-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm pretty liberal, and will most likely always vote Dem. But I refuse to join a party.

KCUnited
10-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Cthulhu Nation.

booger
10-19-2009, 09:48 AM
i always wind up nekked or pissing on the furniture so i don't get invited to many parties anymore.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 09:50 AM
The next time I have to move one of your threads to DC, you won't be starting threads anymore.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6131343&postcount=44

Anxiously awaiting judgement.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 09:57 AM
This is NOT a political thread. It's a demographic poll. I announce that I would be posting a series of polls almost two weeks ago. I'm not looking for political commentary in this thread. There's not much difference than my other two previous polls. This will only be a political thread if someone other than me makes is such. This is just a social experiment. I will also be posting polls about age, religion, and other topics.

ClevelandBronco
10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Vote — Republican

Lean — Libertarian

Fat Elvis
10-19-2009, 10:04 AM
This thread is Bush's fault.

No. It is Obama's fault.

No, this thread is a result of the Fed printing too much money.

No, this thread is Ayn Rand's fault.

No. This thread is really a terroristic threat from Al Queda.

No. This thread has been outsourced to China and probably contains lead paint.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 10:05 AM
This is NOT a political thread. It's a demographic poll. I announce that I would be posting a series of polls almost two weeks ago. I'm not looking for political commentary in this thread. There's not much difference than my other two previous polls. This will only be a political thread if someone other than me makes is such. This is just a social experiment. I will also be posting polls about age, religion, and other topics.

Social experiment? What is your hypothesis?

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 10:05 AM
So far, the Democrat and Independant results surprise me most. But, in my view, many Independants are probably Democrats. Who knows? I'm not Frank Luntz! I'm sure the results will tighten up over the next day or two. The initial results are always skewed until more data comes in.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Social experiment? What is your hypothesis?

It's in the thread's original post:

I would guess that this BB is pretty divided down the middle. I would guess, and this is just a shot in the dark, 35% Republican, 30% Democrat, 25% Independant, 10% Other.

Fat Elvis
10-19-2009, 10:08 AM

You just don't pay a whole lot of attention to Kansas (or western missouri) politics, do you?

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 10:13 AM

That doesn't really prove anything, though.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 10:13 AM
You just don't pay a whole lot of attention to Kansas (or western missouri) politics, do you? My theory, based on a wild guess, is that Missouri is pretty evenly split between D & R, at least in the last few Pres. elections. Then, I figured that Kansas leans a little R. Then, I figured that there would be about 1/3 who don't like D or R and associate themselves elsewhere. Pretty simple. It's just a guess.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
That doesn't really prove anything, though. It will prove that my guess was right, wrong, close or far off. Nothing more than that. It's just for fun. I find this kid of thing interesting. I have a degree in Political Science with minors in communication, American history and public administration. I've never been good at math, but statistics have always been interesting to me.

DaFace
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
So far, the Democrat and Independant results surprise me most. But, in my view, many Independants are probably Democrats. Who knows? I'm not Frank Luntz! I'm sure the results will tighten up over the next day or two. The initial results are always skewed until more data comes in.

You do realize that half of the votes on these polls are just people trying to screw with the results, right?

kstater
10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Who knew this board leans overwhelmingly right. LMAO

Fat Elvis
10-19-2009, 11:19 AM
You do realize that half of the votes on these polls are just people trying to screw with the results, right?

You need to hire him.

Slainte
10-19-2009, 11:51 AM
What political party was Nicolae Ceauşescu again? - cause although I'm officially NPA - that's one I think I could get behind...

Ebolapox
10-19-2009, 11:54 AM
honestly, I'm probably like the majority of the people in the USA--there are some things I lean liberal on, there are some things I lean conservative on. nobody except the (low percentage) sides of the bell curve is a strict democrat or conservative.

I lean closest to libertarian. as such, I'm pissed at my country most of the time.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow....you'd never know this "distribution" by what goes on over in D.C. :hmmm:

Unless most Dems are claiming "independent" cause they are too pussified to claim "democrat"....yeah, that's probably it, now that I think about it.

vailpass
10-19-2009, 12:01 PM
If I'da known it was gonna' be this kinda' party I'da stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
If I'da known it was gonna' be this kinda' party I'da stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes.Now THERE's the spirit!

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Unless most Dems are claiming "independent" cause they are too pussified to claim "democrat"....yeah, that's probably it, now that I think about it. I don't doubt that is happening. In years past, it probably would have been the Republicans identifying themselves as Indepentant.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 12:11 PM
You do realize that half of the votes on these polls are just people trying to screw with the results, right? Oh, I'm sure there's some shennanigans going on. But, overall, I think the results will be mostly accurate. The shennanigans will probably balance out and go both ways.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Who knew this board leans overwhelmingly right. LMAO Because this board is mostly white and mostly male, it makes statistial sense that the majority would ID with the Republican party. Statistically, that is.

seclark
10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6131343&postcount=44

Anxiously awaiting judgement.

we can only hope.
sec

Sully
10-19-2009, 12:20 PM

Unless most Dems are claiming "independent" cause they are too pussified to claim "democrat"....yeah, that's probably it, now that I think about it.

That line of thinking doesn't even make logical sense.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 01:54 PM
That line of thinking doesn't even make logical sense. Actually it does make some sense. It happens with a lot of Presidents.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2009, 02:18 PM
That line of thinking doesn't even make logical sense.

Sure it does....

Exhibit, A:

I'm pretty liberal, and will most likely always vote Dem. But I refuse to join a party.

;)

Pioli Zombie
10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
This belongs in the Racists and Morons Forum.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD
10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
I pick the party with the most kegs...you wouldn't want to run out before the nights over.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
The Dems are surging. The race is tightening..... as suspected would happen.

Phobia
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm unaligned with any party. Used to be right leaning but now I think they're all crooks and our system is broken. If I'm anything, my ideals most resemble Libertarian but I don't want to be labeled with them either. I'm in the "it's broken, fire them all, ditch the lobbyists/special interests, and start from scratch" party.

Sully
10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Actually it does make some sense. It happens with a lot of Presidents.

You really think people have no problem making their political views known in thread after thread, arguing their point of view ad nauseum... But at the same time are too "pussified" to admit if they are a Democrat? That's ridiculous.

Sully
10-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Sure it does....

Exhibit, A:

;)

You are a joke.

LaChapelle
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
A snake is a snake
fuck all the thieving bastards

orange
10-19-2009, 04:04 PM

I would guess you're WAY off.

It's more like 2:1 Republican : Democrat.

More if half the Republicans in the country weren't calling themselves "Independents" now in disgust.

Come to the DC Forum where there are discussions of this very topic.

Rain Man
10-19-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm unaligned with any party. Used to be right leaning but now I think they're all crooks and our system is broken. If I'm anything, my ideals most resemble Libertarian but I don't want to be labeled with them either. I'm in the "it's broken, fire them all, ditch the lobbyists/special interests, and start from scratch" party.

I hold fundraising dinners for that party every year.

Stewie
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
I vote for whomever puts the most money in my bank account. Man, I wish I were a bank, or a slovenly unemployed teet-sucker. Hey, it took alot of effort to get to the poll and actually vote for the money distributor! Ain't that enough to get a check in the mail?

Kylo Ren
10-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Things are really starting to shape up now. For a while there, I wondered what was going on. The Independants are fading and the Dems are charging. The numbers are getting closer and closer to my original prediction. I'm still a little surprised that the Dems aren't a little higher, but it'll all probably balance out of the next day or two.

Skip Towne
10-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm Presbyterian but I want in that librarian party with Booger.

Kylo Ren
10-20-2009, 04:22 PM
A lot of bitter people here.......

Still time to vote!

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
I've been a registered Independent since 1996.

I won't ever have a "party" affiliation because both parties are always doing something that pisses me off, sometimes beyond belief.

tonyetony
10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I'll join the party that passes a law forbidding you from creating stupid polls like this on a football board.

The Franchise
10-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Things are really starting to shape up now. For a while there, I wondered what was going on. The Independants are fading and the Dems are charging. The numbers are getting closer and closer to my original prediction. I'm still a little surprised that the Dems aren't a little higher, but it'll all probably balance out of the next day or two.

There are no "Independent" voters.....FFS.

MahiMike
10-20-2009, 04:54 PM

This! Anyone that votes simply for the D or R next to the name should have their voting privileges revoked.

MahiMike
10-20-2009, 04:56 PM

I won't ever have a "party" affiliation because both parties are always doing something that pisses me off, sometimes beyond belief.

Ditto.

The Franchise
10-20-2009, 05:03 PM

So you're registered as a "Decline to State" voter.

booger
10-20-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm Presbyterian but I want in that librarian party with Booger.

it's ok. There's this old broad who don't shave her legs and chews tabacco. Don't worry if she flips the bird to you, that means she likes you.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.strongisrael.org/no_confidence/nazi%20salute.jpg

RealSNR
10-20-2009, 05:18 PM

This.

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2009, 05:23 PM
So you're registered as a "Decline to State" voter.

No actually on my Voter Ballet, under political affiliation, it reads "Independent".

GoHuge
10-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't follow option A or B like a sheep so just stamping Democrat or Republican doesn't do it for me. I vote issue and for who best represents me and my beliefs. In 2004 that was really hard to do. Both douchebag nutjubs, which most are. Not a big fan of voting for the lesser of two evils in an election either. Personally I think everyone should have to pass an aptitude test to vote or reproduce. The most dangerous part of a democracy is the uneducated vote, but if you don't let the dummies vote, technically you no longer have a democracy. Tough nut to crack there. Maybe let them vote on small things like feed the homeless, but not on world issues. Save that for the commoners.

The Franchise
10-20-2009, 05:43 PM
No actually on my Voter Ballet, under political affiliation, it reads "Independent".

What county do you live in?

Are you sure it doesn't say "American Independent"? There are only certain "qualified" parties in Cali.

Republican
Democrat
American Indepent
Peace and Freedom
Green
Libertarian

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2009, 06:09 PM
What county do you live in?

Are you sure it doesn't say "American Independent"? There are only certain "qualified" parties in Cali.

Republican
Democrat
American Indepent
Peace and Freedom
Green
Libertarian

Los Angeles County.

I'll check my next ballot when it arrives but I'm pretty certain that it just says "Independent".

Ebolapox
10-20-2009, 08:31 PM

don't be stupid, be a smarty. come and join the nazi party.

88TG88
10-20-2009, 08:34 PM
whig

GoHuge
10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
don't be stupid, be a smarty. come and join the nazi party.Yes mine Fuhrer!

Actually "Nazi's aint got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin mass-murdering maniac and they need to be DDDestroyed" Lt. Aldo Rain aka Aldo the Apache

Rausch
10-20-2009, 09:11 PM

....:spock:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Nc998m5Qo6c/RyOBbvcFpbI/AAAAAAAAAnE/95uMuFgyxss/s400/watch-where-you-sit.jpg

Direckshun
10-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I am a Democrat.

GoHuge
10-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I am a Democrat.They have them in Iran. I thought it was Shiite or Sunni.......no?

kcfanXIII
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
patriot whig. both parties are evil, and i won't choose evil, no matter how "lesser" it might be. the division of the two main parties is only a distraction, and give the sheeple a false choice.

Kylo Ren
10-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Well, it looks like the results are in. My predictions were close, but off a little. My guess is that some Dems have defected to Independant lately. But, who knows?

booger
10-21-2009, 07:04 PM
I tried to join the lesbotarian party but they kicked me out when i showed up in nothing butt tennis shoes and wearing a backwards thong.