PDA

View Full Version : Football Congrats: 2009 AFC West Champs: Denver Broncos (aka stats can be deceiving)

cdcox
10-19-2009, 09:51 PM
I have them at 99.6% chance of winning the division. Amazing season for them so far.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Lotta football left.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
No doubt.

You gotta give credit where credit is due; wow.

Congrats, Donks. :toast:

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Lotta football left.

A three and 1/2 game lead....? The way the defense is playing, no way you give that up.

DeezNutz
10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Karma for the knowmo threads.

Anyway, solid season thus far. Enjoy the ride (hope it leads to a steep cliff).

dirk digler
10-19-2009, 09:56 PM
I hate to admit this but the Donkeys are a legit SB contender. I don't know how that happened and so much for the greatest offseason in history.

Congrats Donkey fans.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
A three and 1/2 game lead....? The way the defense is playing, no way you give that up.

Ah...I've seen it happen. All you can do is play hard, give 110 percent, and play for 60 minutes. Hopefully they keep it up.

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 09:59 PM
I think they had a 99% chance of winning the division last year too.

Having said that, it was a very impressive win for them.

HermanHater
10-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Hopefully we hand them there first loss.

chefsos
Ah...I've seen it happen. All you can do is play hard, give 110 percent, and play for 60 minutes. Hopefully they keep it up.I'm running a little low on cliches. Got any to spare?

Ceej
lawl.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F4W0R1Zr_8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F4W0R1Zr_8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Ah...I've seen it happen. All you can do is play hard, give 110 percent, and play for 60 minutes. Hopefully they keep it up.

Dude, how many sports cliches can you pack into a post? :Lin:

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm running a little low on cliches. Got any to spare?

Ask Crash Davis.

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Dude, how many sports cliches can you pack into a post? :Lin:

BTW Milkman, over 1,390 posts and I finally figured it out. :D

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I hate to admit this but the Donkeys are a legit SB contender.

No they aren't, not with Orton as their QB. Its Tennessee last year, Chiefs of the 90's all over again.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
No they aren't, not with Orton as their QB. Its Tennessee last year, Chiefs of the 90's all over again.

Seriously? The guy hasn't had an INT all year that wasn't a hail mary at halftime. He's 4-0 with a glove and dislocated index finger and he sucks? Give him some respect.

kcpasco
10-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Seriously? The guy hasn't had an INT all year that wasn't a hail mary at halftime. He's 4-0 with a glove and dislocated index finger and he sucks? Give him some respect.

He doesn't suck, but I'll take Manning or Brady come playoff time.

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Great regular season but he will choke in the playoffs. It plays out every year the same. Big Ben or Brady or Manning will out duel him in the playoffs. We have seen it here in KC. Nothing against his season to this point but he isnt an elite QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2009, 10:09 PM
The 2009 Denver Broncos are proof that the world is ending in 2012.

dirk digler

I would normally agree with that but after beating Pats, Cowboys and Chargers all in a row that is very impressive. Plus they have an exciting young head coach the players believe in.

listopencil
He doesn't suck, but I'll take Manning or Brady come playoff time.

I know Orton's not Brady, but just to throw this out there, Orton outplayed Brady when DEN played NE. So Orton's doing pretty well.

Hoover
10-19-2009, 10:10 PM
The chiefs will sweep them.

Quesadilla Joe
10-19-2009, 10:23 PM
I hate to admit this but the Donkeys are a legit SB contender. I don't know how that happened and so much for the greatest offseason in history.

Congrats Donkey fans.

Best offseason evar!!!!!!!!!!ROFL

Quesadilla Joe
10-19-2009, 10:25 PM

Orton does not hold this team back. When we need plays he makes them. He has been very clutch all season with a QB Rating over 130 in the 4th Quarter:eek:

Dottefan
10-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I HATE DENVER.

chefsos
10-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I HATE DENVER.

SO DO I.
BUT THEY'RE GOOD.

Dottefan
10-19-2009, 10:39 PM
SO DO I.
BUT THEY'RE GOOD.

YES..AND THAT MAKES ME HATE THEM MORE

C-Mac
10-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I know Orton's not Brady, but just to throw this out there, Orton outplayed Brady when DEN played NE. So Orton's doing pretty well.

We'll see after your next two games against two solid defenses that your coach is not unfairly familiar with.

KcMizzou
10-19-2009, 10:51 PM
The chiefs will sweep them.Man, I dearly hope so.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM

No one said he sucks. But you aren't winning in the playoffs with Orton at QB.

orange
10-19-2009, 10:59 PM
We'll see after your next two games against two solid defenses that your coach is not unfairly familiar with.

Tell me something - did Belichick know anything about McDaniels' offense? If so, why didn't he shut them out?

listopencil
10-19-2009, 11:01 PM

Unfairly? You've just exposed yourself as a dumbass.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
The Broncos are due for another embarrassing playoff defeat anyway. Step right up!

scorpio
10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
The Broncos are due for another embarrassing playoff defeat anyway. Step right up!

I <3 you GoChiefs. You're like a lucky rabbit's foot and a 4-leaf clover smashed together in a fine paste.

KcMizzou
10-19-2009, 11:11 PM
I <3 you GoChiefs. You're like a lucky rabbit's foot and a 4-leaf clover smashed together in a fine paste.Well, he's no Comochief, but yeah.. ugh.

pr_capone
10-19-2009, 11:15 PM
worst offseason evah

:(

C-Mac
10-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Unfairly? You've just exposed yourself as a dumbass.

Like its totally absurd for such to be taken in as a factor.
Whatever, if you want to crown them now, go ahead but I'm still waiting till after the next two games.

manchambo
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Like its totally absurd for such to be taken in as a factor.
Whatever, if you want to crown them now, go ahead but I'm still waiting till after the next two games.

What's totally absurd is that you don't seem to have considered that King Hoodie, who taught McD everything he knows, might also have a few "unfair" insights.

HerculesRockefell
10-19-2009, 11:37 PM

Uh huh. Denver could go 19-0 and KC 1-15, and you'd still post some asinine reason about why you think the Chiefs are better positioned for the future compared to the Broncos.

C-Mac
10-19-2009, 11:46 PM
What's totally absurd is that you don't seem to have considered that King Hoodie, who taught McD everything he knows, might also have a few "unfair" insights.

King Hoodie has never coached this Bronco team.

cdcox
10-19-2009, 11:52 PM
I think they had a 99% chance of winning the division last year too.

Having said that, it was a very impressive win for them.

Actually they didn't at least not according to my predictions. 91.7% was the high water mark, even with a 3 game lead with 3 to play. See, last year Denver was a weak team that happened to have a better record than would be expected based on the quality of their play. At the same time, San Diego was a good team with a worse record than they should have based on their play. One piece of evidence supporting that was the early season Denver victory over the Chargers given by the refs. Here are my predictions from last season, after each team I list there records and my predictions of their chances of winning the division (all archived at http://files.nfl-forecast.com/):

Week 10
Denver 5-4; 31.9%
San Diego 4-5; 68%

Week 11
Denver 6-4; 63%
San Diego 4-6; 37%

Week 12
Denver 6-5; 44%
San Diego 4-7; 56%

Week 13
Denver 7-5; 87%
San Diego 4-8; 13%

Week 14
Denver 8-5; 91.7%
San Diego 5-8; 8.3%

Week 15
Denver 8-6; 90.5%
San Diego 6-8; 9.5%

Week 16
Denver 8-7; 22.3%
San Diego 7-8; 77.7%

Week 17
Denver 8-8 0%
San Diego 8-8 100%

This year is much different. Denver is playing like one of the elite teams (at least so far) and San Diego is playing like an average team. It is nothing like last year except for the names of the teams.

I think anyone who watches football closely can see the difference between last year's fraud Broncos and this year's team. I think they are suspect in the playoffs, but it would not surprise me to see them make it to the AFC championship game.

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2009, 03:11 AM
If the Broncos happen to win the SB, I am going to walk away from the NFL for awhile. This place too. I would not be able to handle this shit. Its enough that the Chiefs suck. The added misery of Denver being good AND winning another SB might put me over the edge. ****ing Donkey fans...:)

TheGuardian
10-20-2009, 04:15 AM
The Broncos are playing well right now, but they are not a SB contender and never will be with a fucking Kyle Orton at quarterback. And they won't win a playoff game with him back there either.

Second, every year some team starts hot as hell then folds like a deck of cards. I have a feeling this donkey team is going to be that team.

unlurking
10-20-2009, 05:04 AM
At an average 11 allowed points per game, the Broncos don't need John Elway to win the Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer will do just fine. All I can say is thank God I don't live in Colorado for another Broncos' Super Bowl.

Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2009, 06:35 AM
I'm stunned with 6-0... and the nice thing is that within that 3.5 game lead within the division, they have 2 road wins @ Oak and @ SD. That is huge especially since I chalk up splits for the most part within the division.

I love the way this defense is playing... but when I see QBs like Brady and Rivers having success at points in the game, I wonder ... what will the Colts, Ravens, Giants and Steelers be able to do? They're just as talented as these last two teams offensively.

The road is steep... Denver is going to lose some games, but I do like what I'm seeing so far.

BYE / @ Ravens / Steelers
@ Redskins / Chargers / Giants / @ KC
@ Colts / Raiders / @ Eagles / KC

That's the remaining schedule... I can see 4 games that should be wins with a possible 5th being the Chargers in Denver. That's 10-11 wins, but if they lose to each of the others - Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Colts, Eagles... that's not good by any means and everyone will point to those games and say "This is why Denver isn't legit and will do nothing in the playoffs". Plus, Those 5 games mean the difference in Denver hanging on to the division or letting SD creep back into the race.

There's a lot of football to be played... I realize that each of those teams has their warts, but they're going to be hard games for Denver to win.

C-Mac
10-20-2009, 06:46 AM
I'm stunned with 6-0... and the nice thing is that within that 3.5 game lead within the division, they have 2 road wins @ Oak and @ SD. That is huge especially since I chalk up splits for the most part within the division.

I love the way this defense is playing... but when I see QBs like Brady and Rivers having success at points in the game, I wonder ... what will the Colts, Ravens, Giants and Steelers be able to do? They're just as talented as these last two teams offensively.

The road is steep... Denver is going to lose some games, but I do like what I'm seeing so far.

BYE / @ Ravens / Steelers
@ Redskins / Chargers / Giants / @ KC
@ Colts / Raiders / @ Eagles / KC

That's the remaining schedule... I can see 4 games that should be wins with a possible 5th being the Chargers in Denver. That's 10-11 wins, but if they lose to each of the others - Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Colts, Eagles... that's not good by any means and everyone will point to those games and say "This is why Denver isn't legit and will do nothing in the playoffs". Plus, Those 5 games mean the difference in Denver hanging on to the division or letting SD creep back into the race.

There's a lot of football to be played... I realize that each of those teams has their warts, but they're going to be hard games for Denver to win.

That's a balanced take, after the next two games you (and I) should know what kind of team you really have.

alanm
10-20-2009, 06:52 AM
I have them at 99.6% chance of winning the division. Amazing season for them so far.Hate to say it but I can't see anyway they can lose it now. Print em.

BY1401
10-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Oh well. They still have to play the Colts in Indy, so there's one L.

vailpass
10-20-2009, 07:39 AM
I love the Butthurt Bittermans of the world. They make me smile.

BY1401
10-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Lol.

JD10367
10-20-2009, 10:34 AM
I despise Denver. But they're getting it done. It's not pretty, it involves some luck, and it's confounding. But they're playing disciplined ball, taking advantage of mistakes, and tightening down in the second half. Reminds me a lot of the 2001 Patriots, a team that didn't look on paper like they had any right to be any good.

Let's not forget, though, as I pointed out a while back in another thread, that despite the offseason hilarity the Broncos--even though they looked like a train wreck--didn't have that far to go. They've hovered around .500 for the past decade. They weren't 2-14. They had some decent building blocks already in place. They didn't have Carl and Herm running the ship recently. Et cetera.

I can't see how they aren't winning the division easily. Let's assume, for the moment, that KC and Oakland aren't going on some remarkable runs, and that the only team with a real shot at them record- and talent-wise is San Diego. Well, with a 6-0 vs. 2-3 record and a game in hand due to the head-to-head win, the Broncos would have to shit the bed in immense proportions. I'm talking "six burritos from Taco Bell and a quart of vodka, chased down by two bottles of Maalox before passing out" shitting-the-bed.

Remaining games:

Denver: @ Balt, Pitt, @ Wash, SD, NYG, @KC, @Indy, Oak, @Phi, KC. Let's say they go in the dumper and lose to the good teams on that list (Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Colts). Let's say they lose one of the KC games, and lose the Charger rematch in Denver. That STILL puts them at 6-6. The remaining games should be Ws (Skins, Chiefs in Denver, Raiders, Eagles). The WORST they go is 10-6. And that would take a monumental collapse.

San Diego is already 2-3. To hit 10-6 they'd have to go 8-3, including beating the Broncos in the rematch, and then hope for tiebreakers. Their remaining schedule? At KC, Oakland, @NYG, Philly, @Denver, KC, @Cleveland, @Dallas, Cincy, @Tenn, Washington. Now, there are enough cupcakes on that schedule to open a bakery, sure. But I would think that the Giants, Philly, Dallas, and Cincy will give them some issues. 8-3 would be pretty tough, especially given how they've played so far.

The AFC West isn't over, but the fat lady's warming up, for sure.

C-Mac
11-10-2009, 06:59 AM

Well, well, look what we have found after those next two games.
Donko's might just want to hold off those crowning ceremonies....you know with the Chargers just one game behind you and stuff.

Bane
11-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Donko's might just want to hold off those crowning ceremonies....you know with the Chargers just one game behind you and stuff.

Funny how you can't crown a division champ or claim a Lombardi trophy in October huh?
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 07:03 AM

I see four more losses for the Broncos, and four more losses for the Chargers.

Unless the Broncos drop a game to KC at home, or to Washington this week.... they really should win the West.

King_Chief_Fan
11-10-2009, 07:03 AM
I have them at 99.6% chance of winning the division. Amazing season for them so far.

not yet......I have hope that they will pull a 2008 type of epic failure the last 3-4 games of the season.

MahiMike
11-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Have you seen their schedule? Chargers will make a run.

Ugly Duck
11-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I have hope that they will pull a 2008 type of epic failure the last 3-4 games of the season.

Ah... Denver's patented Late Season Fade. But admit it now... isn't it fun to watch them lose the 1st-round playoff game? The impending late season fade threatens to rob us of that pleasure unless they can manage a wild card....

Pioli Zombie
11-10-2009, 08:39 AM
The Chargers will the division by 2 games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Ah... Denver's patented Late Season Fade. But admit it now... isn't it fun to watch them lose the 1st-round playoff game? The impending late season fade threatens to rob us of that pleasure unless they can manage a wild card.... Patented? That's funny...

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
not yet......I have hope that they will pull a 2008 type of epic failure the last 3-4 games of the season. (I'm not sure what is up, but my formatting in posts is completely messed up and I don't know what is up... I can't bold, add color or smilies) I posted this in another thread, but in the final 8 games... Denver has 3 games vs Oakland and KC, plus Washington. That should be 4 wins. Add in the Giants and you have 5. The Colts, Eagles and Chargers will be tough...

DaFace
11-10-2009, 10:01 AM
For what it's worth, seedy's software still gives Denver an 85% chance of winning the division. The issue is that Denver's losses have been to two of their strongest opponents, and they've got a bunch of cupcake games coming up. I'd still be floored if they went on a big slide and didn't make it to the playoffs.

C-Mac
11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
(I'm not sure what is up, but my formatting in posts is completely messed up and I don't know what is up... I can't bold, add color or smilies) I posted this in another thread, but in the final 8 games... Denver has 3 games vs Oakland and KC, plus Washington. That should be 4 wins. Add in the Giants and you have 5. The Colts, Eagles and Chargers will be tough...

:hmmm: I'd say there's a very good chance that between games vs Oakland and KC, Washington and Giants, that you could loose at least 2 of them. Being over-confident is not a good virtue.

C-Mac
11-10-2009, 10:09 AM
For what it's worth, seedy's software still gives Denver an 85% chance of winning the division. The issue is that Denver's losses have been to two of their strongest opponents, and they've got a bunch of cupcake games coming up. I'd still be floored if they went on a big slide and didn't make it to the playoffs.

Just remember, for this year, this is all that us old time Chiefs fans can enjoy watching.......any kind of failure of the Donkos and Raiders.
:D

cdcox
11-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Looks like my reverse mojo is strong. :evil:

DaFace is right about Denver still being the favorite in the division.

What bugs me is that San Diego's chances have increased by 40 times form about 0.4% to 15%. So the sequence of games:

SD over KC
SD over Oak
Bal over Denver
SD over NYG
Pit over Denver

should have been a 1 in 40 event. Those outcomes seem way too likely to be a 1:40 type parlay. I would say 1:10 would be more reasonable for that 5 game parlay. The other thing that has happened is that San Diego's power rating has climbed substantially, so that also increases their chance of winning the division.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 10:53 AM
:hmmm: I'd say there's a very good chance that between games vs Oakland and KC, Washington and Giants, that you could loose at least 2 of them. Being over-confident is not a good virtue. I'm not over confident... just looking at it realistically, they have a very very good chance of beating those teams. Those teams are nowhere near the level of the Ravens or the Steelers.

Gadzooks
11-10-2009, 11:01 AM
(I'm not sure what is up, but my formatting in posts is completely messed up and I don't know what is up... I can't bold, add color or smilies) I posted this in another thread, but in the final 8 games... Denver has 3 games vs Oakland and KC, plus Washington. That should be 4 wins. Add in the Giants and you have 5. The Colts, Eagles and Chargers will be tough...

The Giants will give you guys a run for your money. They've got the bye to get healthy and work out the kinks.
I wouldn't write them off so easily

BigChiefFan
11-10-2009, 11:03 AM
I think KC starts turning the corner, SOME, in the final half of the season and we win a few games, which might include beating Denver.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 11:18 AM
The Giants will give you guys a run for your money. They've got the bye to get healthy and work out the kinks.
I wouldn't write them off so easily I'm not writing off any of the teams left on the schedule... anything can happen. I'm just saying that their 4 loss streak shows they're much more vulnerable than many believed them to be a month ago.

Buck
11-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Unlikely scenario, but the Chargers and Broncos could both be 13-3 this season.

If it were to happen, the Chargers and Broncos would have both lost games to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and each other.

I'm pretty certain that Denver would have the tie-breaker though on strength of victory (vs. NE / @ Indy) compared to SDs (vs. Miami / @ Tennessee).

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Unlikely scenario, but the Chargers and Broncos could both be 13-3 this season.

If it were to happen, the Chargers and Broncos would have both lost games to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and each other.

I'm pretty certain that Denver would have the tie-breaker though on strength of victory (vs. NE / @ Indy) compared to SDs (vs. Miami / @ Tennessee). Yeah, there's no way that Norv team can win 13 games.... In all seriousness though, it should be an interesting finish. Neither team can run the ball right now and they both have issues, as well as different strengths they can leverage. It's good for Denver that they won @ SD and host them in a few weeks, that is a huge advantage to have at this point.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
I think KC starts turning the corner, SOME, in the final half of the season and we win a few games, which might include beating Denver.

I keep thinking they will... and they keep trotting out poorly thought out gameplans and half hearted efforts like they have against the Jags and the Bolts in the last two games.

But, I certainly hope you are right.

Quiet Storm
11-10-2009, 01:36 PM
( Denver has 3 games vs Oakland and KC, plus Washington. That should be 4 wins. Add in the Giants and you have 5.

Just another reason why I can't stand these obnoxious Dungver fans.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Just another reason why I can't stand these obnoxious Dungver fans. Why... because there is a realistic shot for double digit wins?

Bane
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Just another reason why I can't stand these obnoxious Dungver fans.

Its all cool,we kick them when they're down,they return the favor.Hell even God needs the Devil.:evil:

CoMoChief
11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
And the fall of Denver Broncos begins.

Rain Man
11-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Denver is going to run into trouble as soon as the child labor law people seize their coach.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 02:53 PM
And the fall of Denver Broncos begins. You guys crack me up... if they were coming off back to back losses against the Jags and Lions, yes I'd be concerned... but, nobody should have expected 8-0 or 7-1. Six wins is a great thing at the half way mark...

Bane
11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
You guys crack me up... if they were coming off back to back losses against the Jags and Lions, yes I'd be concerned... but, nobody should have expected 8-0 or 7-1. Six wins is a great thing at the half way mark...

True but this is the best shot we have had at giving you guys shit all season.You can fugg with us all year and you know it!!!ROFL

C-Mac
11-15-2009, 06:41 PM
I'd say there's a very good chance that between games vs Oakland and KC, Washington and Giants, that you could loose at least 2 of them. Being over-confident is not a good virtue.

I'm not over confident... just looking at it realistically, they have a very very good chance of beating those teams. Those teams are nowhere near the level of the Ravens or the Steelers.

Well hey now....looky here, 1 down 1 to go.

Stinger
11-15-2009, 06:42 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Stinger
11-15-2009, 06:54 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=86777

"Congrats San Diego AFC west champs..."

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Buck
11-15-2009, 07:01 PM
:) I'm flying to Denver next week for the game

Param
11-15-2009, 07:02 PM
lol Jay Glazer just reported that Orton is out next week. Donkeys just lost their franchise QB. And may just lost the division.

WildTurkey
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
lol Jay Glazer just reported that Orton is out next week. Donkeys just lost their franchise QB. And may just lost the division.

someone put KnowMo on suicide watch ROFL

Rain Man
11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't look now, but we're only four games out, and two of those are against the Broncos.

Royal Fanatic
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
The Donkeys lost to the lowly Redskins. Maybe we shouldn't put Josh McDaniel in Canton just yet.

Param
11-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Don't look now, but we're only four games out, and two of those are against the Broncos.

http://www.scificool.com/images/2008/04/x-files-2-title-revealed-2.jpg

TEX
11-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Well after they were 5-0, I went on record many times here and said they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Don't look now but...:doh!:

Rausch
11-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Just finishing above the Broncos after the first 8 weeks would make this year! ROFL

C-Mac
11-16-2009, 09:04 AM

There you go, that's what I'm talking about.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 09:17 AM
DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN ROFL

Bwana
11-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Heh, the donks 2009 season looks a lot like this:

http://static.flickr.com/14/88882986_70b4b4e91a.jpg

Mile High Mania
11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Enh, not really... if your expectations for Denver prior to week 1 was 10+ wins, then sure.

Simply Red
11-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Just finishing above the Broncos after the first 8 weeks would make this year! ROFL

oh man, that'd be sweet.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2009, 10:21 AM

:LOL: Yeah, with 7 games left a 4 game gap between the two... I am quite comfortable saying there is no way it happens. Good luck in trying though.

Rain Man
11-16-2009, 12:28 PM
:LOL: Yeah, with 7 games left a 4 game gap between the two... I am quite comfortable saying there is no way it happens. Good luck in trying though.

Keep in mind that we play each other twice, so the difference is really only two games.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Keep in mind that we play each other twice, so the difference is really only two games.

Oh, I didn't forget that at all when making my statement... Denver's next two games are at home (SD and NYG) and the home games come at a great time. SD is playing well, NYG have not in the last month. Anything could happen and the QB situation will dictate a lot of what happens.

Here are the remaining games:

SD / NYG - in Denver (anything could happen, 0-2, 1-1, 2-0)

KC / Colts - both road games (same as above, but I would predict a 1-1 record)

OAK in Denver - call me crazy, but I'll pencil this in as a "likely to win for Denver"

PHI on the road - coin toss, but PHI has the advantage

KC in Denver - location, location and Denver will very likely need the win to either maintain the AFCW title or secure a wildcard, and I will pencil this as a "likely to win for Denver"

So, 10 wins is still very realistic... I'm sticking with my comment earlier that they will win 4 of the last 7.

CoMoChief
11-16-2009, 12:51 PM
I said this a few weeks back.....the meltdown is happening.

And they could lose their next 4 games.

Chargers
Giants
@Chiefs
@Colts

Mile High Mania
11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I said this a few weeks back.....the meltdown is happening.

And they could lose their next 4 games.

Chargers
Giants
@Chiefs
@Colts

Many of you say a lot of things that predict doom and gloom... every once and a while you get one right.

They 'could' lose their next 7 games... but, they won't. 2-2 would be my guess in the next 4.

C-Mac
11-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Many of you say a lot of things that predict doom and gloom... every once and a while you get one right.

They 'could' lose their next 7 games... but, they won't. 2-2 would be my guess in the next 4.

Over confident much?

Mile High Mania
11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Over confident much?

Hmm... so, I should just say their doomed to lose and I'll be happy with anything that happens? If I were passing the losses off as nothing and mere bumps on the road to divisional supremacy and a SB title... sure, you could call me a bit overly confident. If I were saying "put it in 3-inch headlines... Denver will defeat SD by 20". Again, slap with the homerific title of the week.

Redrum_69
11-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Last week all you bandwagoneers were calling for Haley's firing and now this week you all think the CHiefs will make the playoffs this year.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Last week all you bandwagoneers were calling for Haley's firing and now this week you all think the CHiefs will make the playoffs this year.

"The one bandwagon that nobody is leaving is the one involving your mother."

http://www.ugo.com/tv/best-sketch-comedies/images/trebek-and-connery.jpg

Ok, so it made me chuckle.

MMXcalibur
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Wow, Denver's hit the wall.

6-10 anyone? :D

Mile High Mania
11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, Denver's hit the wall.

6-10 anyone? :D

:spock:

keg in kc
11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
They have two games with us, at the worst a split, and a home game with Oakland, so there's .500 right there, and maybe 9-7. It would not surprise me to see them lose the rest, though.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-16-2009, 01:57 PM

I don't recall anyone saying that he should be fired. I do think he has done a ton of questionable things. I hope he gets better. I don't think he should be fired for three years, unless the team quits believing in him.

If it becomes clear that he has lost the team.... THEN fire him.

Otherwise, see where we are in three years and then assess the situation.

Gonzo
11-16-2009, 02:18 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/2yl30u8.gif

Mile High Mania
11-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Division leading garbage, get it straight.

Stinger
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
:LOL: Yeah, with 7 games left a 4 game gap between the two... I am quite comfortable saying there is no way it happens. .

It is almost being up 3 games with 3 to play for the AFC West, no way that could go badly...... I mean having a 3 game gap with 3 games left in the season

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

:D

DaFace
11-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I enjoy a donko loss as much as anyone, but some of you seem to enjoy (and exaggerate the implications of) their losses more than our wins.

keg in kc
11-16-2009, 04:39 PM
I enjoy a donko loss as much as anyone, but some of you seem to enjoy (and exaggerate the implications of) their losses more than our wins.It's always been that way here. I'm not sure there isn't a portion of the fanbase that doesn't enjoy our own losses more than our wins.

Jenson71
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I enjoy a donko loss as much as anyone, but some of you seem to enjoy (and exaggerate the implications of) their losses more than our wins.

True fans love others' misery more than than own happiness.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 04:46 PM
True fans love others' misery more than than own happiness.

Exactly.

This weekend featured wins by Mizzou and the Chiefs, and losses by the Jayhawks and the Broncos.

That's a perfect sports weekend in my book. :thumb:

LaChapelle
11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Football is a dirty game
your glue is Orton
with a bullseye on his ankle

cdcox
11-18-2009, 09:29 PM
The AFC race is now 58% chance for Denver and 42% for San Diego. The two teams are now rated dead even in power rating by advancednflstats.com.

Quiet Storm
11-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Division leading garbage, get it straight.

LOL if only every Denver season ended after the 8th week.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Denver's tears are going to be so fucking delicious. SO FUCKING DELICIOUS!

11-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Nothing could make this season any better than a complete denver collapse. Makes up for all the bad this year as well as adding to the good.

Quesadilla Joe
11-19-2009, 04:32 AM
It really baffles me the way Chief fans act towards the Broncos. Why root for Denver to lose and not San Diego?

I like this scenario better anyways. Everybody is writing Denver off again and they seem to play better when they feel as though they are the underdogs.:)

11-19-2009, 04:57 AM
It really baffles me the way Chief fans act towards the Broncos. Why root for Denver to lose and not San Diego?

I like this scenario better anyways. Everybody is writing Denver off again and they seem to play better when they feel as though they are the underdogs.:)Worked well for them last year.:)

It used to be Oakland but for the past 15 years or so the dislike switched to Denver. I can't explain why San Diego is generally ignored but they are just not a team that Chiefs fans really give a crap about.

Kyle DeLexus
11-19-2009, 05:00 AM

I like this scenario better anyways. Everybody is writing Denver off again and they seem to play better when they feel as though they are the underdogs.:)

It's called a rivalry, I mean why are you posting on a Chief site? San Diego is really an indifferent team for most of us, we want to beat them when we play them and if we happen to be in a race for the West with them ever I'll root against them, but with Denver I would prefer them to lose every game. A lot of that goes back to where I'm from, half the people are Chief fans the other half donk fans, then there is a third half that you don't talk about that are cowboy, steeler or other "fans"

Plus, There are like 500 total people that care about the Chargers one way or the other.

Rausch
11-19-2009, 05:33 AM
Denver's tears are going to be so ****ing delicious. SO ****ING DELICIOUS!

It's like a few years ago when they choked vs. the 49'ers.

Oh....just.

We knew that road was a dead end but knowing they crashed first made it soup-ar happy!:)

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Enh, we'll see... I wasn't expecting more than 7 wins so far. Denver and San Diego are both 6-3, they have both lost games to the Steelers and Ravens. Everyone acts as if they should have been 9-0, 8-1 or something. Losing to the Redskins stinks, but it's not the end of the world.

Location is good for this game, they beat SD at their house earlier... we'll see how it goes on Sunday.

Rausch
11-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Enh, we'll see... I wasn't expecting more than 7 wins so far. Denver and San Diego are both 6-3, they have both lost games to the Steelers and Ravens. Everyone acts as if they should have been 9-0, 8-1 or something. Losing to the Redskins stinks, but it's not the end of the world.

Location is good for this game, they beat SD at their house earlier... we'll see how it goes on Sunday.

I'm not high on denber right now but it seems like most teams lose at least 2 games to teams they shouldn't.

Happens every year.

I would make an effort to sign another guy to b/u. You guys don't have $3it behind Big Whiskey...

11-19-2009, 05:54 AM
It's like a few years ago when they choked vs. the 49'ers.

Oh....just.

We knew that road was a dead end but knowing they crashed first made it soup-ar happy!:)That day was one of the best days as a Chiefs fan in recent years. Just watching all the cards fall just right and for the final card to be the broncos demise just made it that much sweeter. Then Herm went and screwed that up too.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 06:46 AM
I'm not high on denber right now but it seems like most teams lose at least 2 games to teams they shouldn't.

Happens every year.

I would make an effort to sign another guy to b/u. You guys don't have $3it behind Big Whiskey...

Anyone that is signed at this point in the season isn't going to make an impact... hell, if Orton can't go and Simms starts poorly... give to the rookie.

At 6-0, I don't think many were high on Denver and again... while I still think they can hit 10 wins, even win the division... I'm realistic, I don't expect much from a playoff experience. It's baby steps though, they've made nice strides compared to what many thought... it's not Superbowl or bust to me.

Rausch
11-19-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm realistic, I don't expect much from a playoff experience. It's baby steps though, they've made nice strides compared to what many thought... it's not Superbowl or bust to me.

Really, playoffs for Denver/Chiefs/Raiders fans would be a huge improvement and step in the right direction.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Really, playoffs for Denver/Chiefs/Raiders fans would be a huge improvement and step in the right direction.

Exactly, there are a lot of Denver fans (you know of one around here) that in my opinion have very unrealistic aspirations of playoff greatness. I'm just please with the presumed turn-around through 9 games since 2008. Is it pretty and flashy? No, but it's 6-3... and better than average, so I can deal with it.

I hope the entire division starts improving... nothing is better to me than having every team in the division as a threat. The games and rivalries are better.

Quesadilla Joe
11-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Exactly, there are a lot of Denver fans (you know of one around here) that in my opinion have very unrealistic aspirations of playoff greatness.

I think that Denver is good enough to beat any team in the NFL if we play our "A game".

Once the playoffs start anything can happen.

beach tribe
11-19-2009, 07:52 AM
No one said he sucks. But you aren't winning in the playoffs with Orton at QB.

This

beach tribe
11-19-2009, 07:54 AM
I think that Denver is good enough to beat any team in the NFL if we play our "A game".

They are if the others teams such as the Steelers, Pats, and Colts DON'T play their A game. Cause if they do, you lose.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 08:35 AM

Well... no shit. Any team can win on any Sunday... Denver hasn't played their "A game" consistently enough yet.

Quesadilla Joe
11-19-2009, 08:35 AM
They are if the others teams such as the Steelers, Pats, and Colts DON'T play their A game. Cause if they do, you lose.

I don't believe that. We have a lot of talent on this team. Our A game is as good as any other teams. Our defense is top notch, we have one of the most talented offenses in the league, we have a good kick returner, and our kicker has one of the strongest legs in the league.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't believe that. We have a lot of talent on this team. Our A game is as good as any other teams. Our defense is top notch, we have one of the most talented offenses in the league, we have a good kick returner, and our kicker has one of the strongest legs in the league.

Again, anything can happen. Denver has improved and they've taken a few steps back recently, but they can still do great things. They have not been consistent enough on either side of the ball yet... the team is maturing as a group, they've made great strides earlier than expected when you look at all the change with coaching, schemes and new players. Everyone knew there would be bumps along the way and adversity... this week, they have a chance to show how they can rise up to the challenge. This week is far from being a 'must win', but it's definitely a game they need to stand up and show something if they want to be viewed among the serious contenders.

Buck
11-19-2009, 08:46 AM
What a homer. (KnowMo)

CoMoChief
11-19-2009, 08:56 AM

ROFL STFU

Denver's "A" game vs. Colts "A" game.......Denver loses by 20

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 09:06 AM
ROFL STFU

I don't know if I care to see Indy's "C" game...

Quesadilla Joe
11-19-2009, 09:07 AM
ROFL STFU

We are better than the Colts on the offensive line, at WR, at RB, in the secondary, we have a good pass rush, better kick returner...

They have Peyton Manning though so I guess he makes up for all of that. Denver runs a ball control offense which is really the best way to play against Manning.

Buck
11-19-2009, 09:10 AM
We are better than the Colts on the offensive line, at WR, at RB, in the secondary, we have a good pass rush, better kick returner...

They have Peyton Manning though so I guess he makes up for all of that. Denver runs a ball control offense which is really the best way to play against Manning.

The best way to beat Peyton Manning is to pick him 6 times, return a punt and a kickoff for a TD on his team, and have his kicker miss a 23 yard game winning field goal.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 09:10 AM

I'll give you one thing, you never give up... Indy's WRs are pretty damn good and at RB, I don't know why you give Denver the edge at this point.

BY1401
11-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Denver runs a ball control offense which is really the best way to play against Manning.

Tell that to Miami.

Buck
11-19-2009, 09:14 AM
QB
Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton

RB
Addai + Brown = Moreno + Buckhalter

WR/TE
Reggie Wayne + Garcon + Collie + Dallas Clark > B Marsh + Eddie Royal + Stokley + Scheffler (Barely)

OL
Colts > Broncos at every position except LT, so a draw I guess

DL
Broncos >> Colts (this year, sorta weird)

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Tell that to Miami.

Exactly... http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092100/2009/REG2/colts@dolphins#tab:analyze

Miami did a hell of a job.

27 first downs for MIA, compared to 14 for Indy.
MIA had 403 total yards (239 rushing)
Time of Possession for MIA was 45 minutes and 7 seconds...

The Colts had the ball for less than 15 minutes, they scored 27 points and put up 356 total yards for the win.

CoMoChief

Keep thinking you're better than the Colts in X and Y areas.

Fact is ...they have Peyton Manning and you guys don't. The guy has repeatedly picked Denver apart time and time again and DEN doesn't have an answer for it. This season is no different. You'll see.

And the Colts are better at WR, Oline, RB and if Bob Sanders was healthy, they'd be equal to DEN's secondary.

BY1401
The best way to beat Peyton Manning is to pick him 6 times, return a punt and a kickoff for a TD on his team, and have his kicker miss a 23 yard game winning field goal.

ROFL yet :shake:

Mile High Mania
11-19-2009, 09:16 AM
QB
Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton

RB
Addai + Brown = Moreno + Buckhalter

WR/TE
Reggie Wayne + Garcon + Collie + Dallas Clark > B Marsh + Eddie Royal + Stokley + Scheffler (Barely)

OL
Colts > Broncos at every position except LT, so a draw I guess

DL
Broncos >> Colts (this year, sorta weird)

WR... Wayne has been around longer, but he and Marshall are both elite... Clark is a phenom. Garcon, Collie, etc are equal to Royal and the rest. I think this is more of an equal comparison than anything.

Buck
11-19-2009, 09:17 AM
WR... Wayne has been around longer, but he and Marshall are both elite... Clark is a phenom. Garcon, Collie, etc are equal to Royal and the rest. I think this is more of an equal comparison than anything.

Thats why I put Barely.

King_Chief_Fan
11-19-2009, 09:59 AM

you will have to explain those three losses then....

King_Chief_Fan
11-19-2009, 10:04 AM

what did you expect on a Chiefs board? Hail to mile high jackasses?

Take your show on the road if you don't like the opinion we have of your team

Bane
11-20-2009, 10:23 PM
what did you expect on a Chiefs board? Hail to mile high jackasses?

Take your show on the road if you don't like the opinion we have of your team

:LOL::thumb:

DaFace
11-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Congrats on getting your software posted on advanced NFL stats, seedy. It's cool to see you getting some wide-scale recognition for something you've worked on for so long.

cdcox
11-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Congrats on getting your software posted on advanced NFL stats, seedy. It's cool to see you getting some wide-scale recognition for something you've worked on for so long.

I've been using Brian's team ratings for a couple of years now to set the sliders on the game odds. He's been posting my playoff predictions on his sight since then. Before that I used my own home cooked ratings that were based solely on the game out comes (who beat whom).

As you probably saw, Brian got some exposure on ESPN this week on the Belichick analysis. Props to him.

Ugly Duck
11-22-2009, 12:03 AM
It really baffles me the way Chief fans act towards the Broncos.

You must be easily baffled...

DaFace
11-22-2009, 12:09 AM
I've been using Brian's team ratings for a couple of years now to set the sliders on the game odds. He's been posting my playoff predictions on his sight since then. Before that I used my own home cooked ratings that were based solely on the game out comes (who beat whom).

As you probably saw, Brian got some exposure on ESPN this week on the Belichick analysis. Props to him.

Do you have stats on how many people are actually going far enough to use the software itself?

Chiefs=Champions
11-22-2009, 12:14 AM
The broncos are what they are. a team which has GREATLY overachieved.

cdcox
11-22-2009, 12:28 AM
It's not a ton. Best I can tell, the software has been accessed about 280 times so far in November. From now to the end of the season is when traffic typically picks up.

-King-
11-22-2009, 03:53 AM

These past 3 or 4 games, haven't you lost the T.O.P battle? Hard to have a ball control offense if you're losing that battle. :rolleyes:

...yup, looked it up, the Broncos are 18th in T.O.P

Mile High Mania
11-22-2009, 09:09 AM
The broncos are what they are. a team which has GREATLY overachieved.

Enh, I dunno... they lost 2 tough games against 2 tough teams and then WAS hit hit 'em, most teams lose a game they shouldn't and that was the one for Denver.

KnowMo should stop comparing to Indy... they're up for Denver in a few weeks, it's at Indy. That's just not a good place to play for any team.

teedubya
11-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Seedy, what are the odds of San Diego winning the AFC West now?

Time's Yours
11-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Exactly... http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092100/2009/REG2/colts@dolphins#tab:analyze

Miami did a hell of a job.

27 first downs for MIA, compared to 14 for Indy.
MIA had 403 total yards (239 rushing)
Time of Possession for MIA was 45 minutes and 7 seconds...

The Colts had the ball for less than 15 minutes, they scored 27 points and put up 356 total yards for the win.

Jesus.

DaFace
11-22-2009, 09:59 AM

http://files.nfl-forecast.com/

Mr. Laz
11-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Why would a chiefs fan congratulate the donkey before he absolutely had to?

looks like somebody cares more about bragging about his math skillz than he does the Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
11-22-2009, 10:35 AM

On 11/18 he posted...

The AFC race is now 58% chance for Denver and 42% for San Diego. The two teams are now rated dead even in power rating by advancednflstats.com.

lostcause
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Congrats

Quiet Storm
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Congrats on winning the Division...Pyle High, At Invesco, home to a first round playoff game.

C-Mac
11-22-2009, 06:07 PM

:hmmm: I'd say there's a very good chance that between games vs Oakland and KC, Washington and Giants, that you could loose at least 2 of them. Being over-confident is not a good virtue.

Wow this has been more fun than I ever thought.:)

ArrowheadMagic
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
heh, divisional leads dont last like they used to.

kcchiefsus
11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
heh, divisional leads dont last like they used to.

Especially for Denver. Gonna be 2 years in a row they choke late in the season.

I love it.

Bane
11-22-2009, 06:21 PM
KC comes from behind and takes the West Bitches!!!!!! I know that aint happening but maybe we pass Mc Dickhole and the Donkholes the way they're choking.!!!BWAAAAA HAAAA HAAA
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
11-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Why would a chiefs fan congratulate the donkey before he absolutely had to?

looks like somebody cares more about bragging about his math skillz than he does the Chiefs.
Dude, reverse Donkey mojo, they haven't won a game since this thread was started. Now tell Seedy you're sorry.

Quiet Storm
11-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Best offseason evar!!!!!!!!!!ROFL

It is indeed, homo

McDaniels told our LB's "we own you" before the game. I DONT THINK SO BIITCH!!!!

InChiefsHeaven
11-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Denver is not going to the playoffs. They are lost right now. 6-0 was a LOOOOONG time ago...

InChiefsHeaven
11-22-2009, 06:32 PM
KC comes from behind and takes the West Bitches!!!!!! I know that aint happening but maybe we pass Mc Dickhole and the Donkholes the way they're choking.!!!BWAAAAA HAAAA HAAA
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, if we can beat the Steelers, there is not a team left on our schedule that we can't beat...we won't beat them all, but we could.:D

Quiet Storm
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
There's no doubt that the Giants will come in on Thursday and crap all over them like we did.

than they have the Colts after the Chiefs.

6-10 or 7-9 is highly likely.

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey, if we can beat the Steelers, there is not a team left on our schedule that we can't beat...we won't beat them all, but we could.:DThat's what is so cool about this win today. You know the players are thinking exactly that. All that hard work they did... finally got some results. That's HUGE.

Bane
11-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey, if we can beat the Steelers, there is not a team left on our schedule that we can't beat...we won't beat them all, but we could.:D

Well I dont really see it happening but as a fan Im always hopeful.I just think its funny that a few weeks ago the Donkholes were unstoppable and headed for the Sb now, not so much.Thanks McDickhole you fuggn GENIUS you!!!!! SUCK IT!

cdcox
11-22-2009, 06:59 PM
San Diego now a 75% favorite to win the division. That margin will probably increase once the new power ratings come out this week.

RJ
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
San Diego now a 75% favorite to win the division. That margin will probably increase once the new power ratings come out this week.

Charger fans cringe as they read this post. The cdcox reverse whammy.

Bwana
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Crash and burn baby!!

http://www.car-accidents.com/2006-Auto-pics/12-15-06-van-crash-1.jpg

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I hope your only as good as your last game rings true.

Bane
11-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I hope your only as good as your last game rings true.

Us and the Donkholes.ROFL

cdcox
11-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Charger fans cringe as they read this post. The cdcox reverse whammy.

And the 9-7 Chiefs will be there to sweep in and take the division!

Ugly Duck
11-23-2009, 02:35 AM
I have them at 99.6% chance of winning the division.

Did you factor in the Denver Late Season Slide?

C-Mac
12-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I posted this in another thread, but in the final 8 games... Denver has 3 games vs Oakland and KC, plus Washington. That should be 4 wins. Add in the Giants and you have 5. The Colts, Eagles and Chargers will be tough...

Bump time...:shake:

DaFace
12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, obviously the Broncos "win probabilities" need to be tweaked for the fact that they ALWAYS start out hot and then end cold. Even so, seedy's software still gives them an 80% chance of making it in as a wildcard. However, if the Chiefs somehow manage to beat them, their chances drop through the floor, so there's a decent chance we could be a spoiler for the Broncos this year.

Rain Man
12-20-2009, 07:27 PM
If not for those close losses against the Cowboys, Browns, Raiders, Bills, and Jaguars, we'd ... uh ... we'd ....

Dammit. Never mind.

Buck
12-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Congrats to the Broncos. I wasn't aware they won the division title. Mods, please close my other thread.

Bane
12-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Wait.Didn't they start out 6-0 with their HOF coach?ROFL

siberian khatru
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Congrats to the Broncos. I wasn't aware they won the division title. Mods, please close my other thread.

ROFL

acasas4
01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
LMAO

cdcox
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
My best reverse mojo ever.

Bugeater
01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Yep, I'm convinced this thread ruined the Donks season, although I was concerned at one point that Laz may have broke the mojo by making me talk about the mojo. You never talk about the mojo. :shake:

EyePod
01-03-2010, 06:30 PM

just put the chiefs at 0.04% chance to win the SB next year!

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Over the last 10 games
KC. 3-7
Denver 2-8
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
01-03-2010, 06:36 PM
just put the chiefs at 0.04% chance to win the SB next year!

That's a given...

Dave Lane
01-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I was looking for this thread to bump awesome!

ziggysocki
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
BahhAHAHAHAHHAHAHROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Crush
01-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Where's knowmo? Probably too drunk to post from celebrating that Donk Division title.

cdcox
01-06-2010, 11:01 PM
The initial estimate of Denver's odds that I made in the thread starter was based on the team efficiencies at the time. Being the nerd that I am, I re-simulated weeks 7 through 17 using the end-of-season team efficiencies. Based on this recalculation, their true odds of making the playoffs were only 96%.

See here for more details: http://files.nfl-forecast.com/

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 08:51 PM

I <3 you GoChiefs. You're like a lucky rabbit's foot and a 4-leaf clover smashed together in a fine paste.

HOW
DO
YOU
ME
NOW
GRASSHOPPER

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 08:52 PM

Oh man, we need to bust this out of mothballs.

KCFalcon59
10-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Well, obviously the Broncos "win probabilities" need to be tweaked for the fact that they ALWAYS start out hot and then end cold. Even so, seedy's software still gives them an 80% chance of making it in as a wildcard. However, if the Chiefs somehow manage to beat them, their chances drop through the floor, so there's a decent chance we could be a spoiler for the Broncos this year.

:clap: Jamaal Charles FTW!!!!

Plus he needs more carries.

Mile High Mania
10-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Lots of good karma in the posts recently... keep it up, I highly encourage it.