PDA

View Full Version : Football I told you my theory... that God loves the Broncos.

Ugly Duck
10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I told you my theory... that God loves the Broncos. How else could a team have only one (1) real offensive TD + a questionable TD... and yet still win the game? How many miracle wins can a team rack up in the first six games? How else can a team suck, & yet still be undefeated? It can't be just blind luck. It HAS to be divine intervention.

KcMizzou
10-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Seriously. Fuck those guys. Ugh.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 09:56 PM
we play 60 minutes of football.

Taco John
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Can someone explain to me how we ended up with 34 points on the board?

Ugly Duck
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM

God.

Taco John
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Eddie Royal for 14 special teams points. That's just wicked.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM

Hokies...that's how.

KcMizzou
10-19-2009, 09:59 PM
God.Well, I always assumed the Raiders were in league with Satan... it just makes sense. But I'm not sure how KC got on God's bad side.

kcpasco
10-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Bleh, they are better I thought. You can't deny how great their defense is playing.

I still think Indy Pittsburgh and the Patriots are gonna be better come playoff time but you can't deny what they have done.

KcMizzou
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Bleh, they are better I thought. You can't deny how great their defense is playing.

I still think Indy Pittsburgh and the Patriots are gonna be better come playoff time but you can't deny what they have done.You're right, and it sucks.. badly.

Taco John
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Well, I always assumed the Raiders were in league with Satan... it just makes sense. But I'm not sure how KC got on God's bad side.

God didn't like the way that Carl handled that whole Neil Smith thing.

Neil Smith makes God laugh.

KcMizzou
10-19-2009, 10:05 PM
God didn't like the way that Carl handled that whole Neil Smith thing.

Neil Smith makes God laugh.Fucking Carl.

I shoulda known.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Amazing the lack of respect.

First, it was 3-0 because "they hadn't beat anyone. Dallas will beat them."

4-0.

"Ah, Dallas is crappier than we thought. The Patriots will smoke 'em."

5-0.

"Ah, the Patriots didn't play well, and the Broncos are really lucky. The Chargers will expose them as frauds."

6-0.

Hats off, Denver. While I'm still skeptical that Orton can get you deep into the playoffs, you guys made all the right moves on defense, from hiring Nolan to your FA signings/trades.

RealSNR
10-19-2009, 10:11 PM
we play 60 minutes of football.This is the expression I hate most in sports.

You're either a good team or you're not a good team. That's it. It's not like there's a mystical football ether like The Force that some players know how to manipulate like jedis and others don't. That's utter bullshit.

If you're a good team it's because you're talented and are well-coached. Not because you "finish games" or "know how to win" or "play 60 minutes of football."

kcpasco
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM
This is the expression I hate most in sports.

You're either a good team or you're not a good team. That's it. It's not like there's a mystical football ether like The Force that some players know how to manipulate like jedis and others don't. That's utter bullshit.

If you're a good team it's because you're talented and are well-coached. Not because you "finish games" or "know how to win" or "play 60 minutes of football."

This

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Pat Bowlen is a gutless drunk.

listopencil
10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Not true SNR. I've seen my team give up before a game is over way too many times. This is the third week in a row that they were down 10-0 in the first quarter and ended up winning the game. And the Defense bringing heat late in the game was the key to sealing the win.

SD has a an Offense that is potentially very, very good. They show flashes of that all through every game they play. Part of it is the talent level and the coaching, a big ass chunk of that is Rivers. He's pretty damn good. The guy has freakish awareness and mental speed. He's tough, he's smart, he makes plays. I can see how his play might demoralize a more weak minded Defense.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
This is the expression I hate most in sports.

You sure about that. You must have missed week 1. Stokley is a Jedi name.

listopencil
10-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Back to the OP, though:

God made sunsets orange and blue because he loves the Denver Broncos. There's your proof.

Psyko Tek
10-19-2009, 10:19 PM
they weren't a bad team last year
they had some drama over thew summer

could be callahan syndrom

a new coach coming in and surfin' on what the predecissor(sp? fuck it) did

Quesadilla Joe
10-19-2009, 10:21 PM

4-0.

5-0.

"Ah, the Patriots didn't play well, and the Broncos are really lucky. The Chargers will expose them as frauds."

6-0.

Hats off, Denver. While I'm still skeptical that Orton can get you deep into the playoffs, you guys made all the right moves on defense, from hiring Nolan to your FA signings/trades.

:)

chiefsrule2k9
10-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Hey, I'm a Chiefs fan but I'm respecting what the Broncos are doing and I am rooting them on. However, when they come to Arrowhead that will be a different story. But untl then, I am glad to see that they are holding their own and Josh McDaniels has really surprised us. Say what you want, but they're undefeated...

Dottefan
10-19-2009, 10:23 PM
we play 60 minutes of football.

FUCK DENVER..FUCK COLORADO..AND FUCK THE DONKEYS.. GO DIE, AND COME BACK TO LIFE...........AND DIE AGAIN DONKEY SCUM

Your donkeys should at the least have one loss...you know that miracle against the Bengals. Who have you beaten really"? the Pats? ..shit Tom Terrific was still off, and you got a couple of lucky bounces...now, the Faiders and The Cowboys? Hell, the Chiefs almost beat both of them, so I wouldn`t make a big deal about that..and the chargers? ..shit everyone knows they are a couple of players away from being the Chiefs. and lets not forget the freaking Browns...so, granted you DONKEY SCUM are 6-0, your still the worst 6-0 team ever.. you get down a couple of touchdowns ,and its over. This 6-0 crap is just luck...

Now my take may be bias due to the fact that I HATE THE DONKYS WORSE THEN THE KKK, NAZIES AND THE GOP PARTY..AND THIS IS COMING FROM A BROTHER LOL..but there is still allot of truth in it...

RealSNR
10-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Not true SNR. I've seen my team give up before a game is over way too many times. This is the third week in a row that they were down 10-0 in the first quarter and ended up winning the game. And the Defense bringing heat late in the game was the key to sealing the win.

SD has a an Offense that is potentially very, very good. They show flashes of that all through every game they play. Part of it is the talent level and the coaching, a big ass chunk of that is Rivers. He's pretty damn good. The guy has freakish awareness and mental speed. He's tough, he's smart, he makes plays. I can see how his play might demoralize a more weak minded Defense.Previous Denver teams have been known to "give up" for a number of reasons. They're all explainable. It may have to do with a mixture of things:

1) Players aren't well-conditioned and their bodies can't keep up for an entire game

2) Players can't keep up for an entire game because their offense/coaching decisions put them in that unfortunate position

3) Players just happen to make a bad play. It happens when you have bad players on your team. I mean, compare last year's defense to this year's defense. There are all kinds of position changes. One of the only constants has been the playing level of Dumervil and Bailey who are (surprise surprise) good players

4) Bad play-calling/bad game planning/not making appropriate game adjustments. This was as much as 50% of the problem of last year's Chiefs team

There are many more. The Broncos have a great coach. He has a great staff. Nolan made GREAT calls in the 2nd half especially after getting abused in the 1st half. More pressure from blitzing and stunts got to Rivers and he started choking.

That's bullshit that some players want to win more than others or "know" how to win. You know how you win? You be a good football player. It's not fucking philosophy.

Rain Man
10-19-2009, 10:28 PM
This flies directly in the face of my own theory that I am God.

KcMizzou
10-19-2009, 10:30 PM
This flies directly in the face of my own theory that I am God.Well, if you are, I wish you'd get your shit together and fix this. I'm just sayin'. (not trying to offend you or anything)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2009, 10:31 PM
This flies directly in the face of my own theory that I am God.

And it confirms my theory that God is a cocksucker.

(Success of the Broncos, not your status as Supreme Being)

listopencil
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
they weren't a bad team last year
they had some drama over thew summer

could be callahan syndrom

a new coach coming in and surfin' on what the predecissor(sp? **** it) did

Nah. We have the O-Line, 2 WR's and 2 TE's left over making contributions. Cutler gave our O more of a down field threat, but Shanny was already trying to copy the system that McDaniels runs. Cutler also made the WR's more productive because he only needed them to be open for brief flashes, but Cutler's decision making is still questionable. Orton dosn't give you the same skills but he can run McD's O and his decision making has been quality so far.

On Defense the only thing that hasn't changed is Champ Bailey at CB. That's it. The only other two guys even returning to start are in different positions.

Taco John
10-19-2009, 10:34 PM
I wonder how differently things would be right now if McDaniels had followed Pioli to KC, and Denver ended up with Haley.

Rain Man
10-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Not to change topics, but given what happened to Jesus, do you think Social Services would have taken him away from God if they'd been around back then? It'd be pretty wild to be some foster parent and one night they bring Jesus over and ask you to keep him for a while.

listopencil
10-19-2009, 10:39 PM
That's bullshit that some players want to win more than others or "know" how to win. You know how you win? You be a good football player. It's not ****ing philosophy.

I agree with all of your above points but not this. We still have guys on our team who just can't do it mentally. Peyton Hillis is a good example. He barely sees the field this year because he's screwed up so much. On the other end of the spectrum is a guy like Dawkins. He's 36 years old and still playing at a high level. In fact he charges up the entire D with his attitude.

Other than that-you can see when guys aren't giving their best effort. You can see by their body language and it shows up in their play. It becomes obvious as a game wears on and it shows up in critical situations.

Ugly Duck
10-19-2009, 10:40 PM
That's bullshit that some players want to win more than others or "know" how to win.

True... but what team can get its ass kicked all game long & then have a bad, game-losing pass get tipped into the hands of its errant receiver for the win? What team can then have yet another ball tipped, tipped & juggled for another miraculous game-winner? What team can manage only one (1) real offensive TD against a division opponent, & yet end up with 34 points? Only the Broncos. Because God is on their side.

And yet He, in His wisdom, always seems to pull the rug out from under them in the post-season. Oh sure - he gave them two fleeting moments in NFL history when HorseFace led the team. But since then He has denied them the Prize. Only the truth of the Bronco Late Season Slide remains to keep the faith within me.

kcpasco
I wonder how differently things would be right now if McDaniels had followed Pioli to KC, and Denver ended up with Haley.

Its obvious the Chiefs would be 6-0 and the Broncos would be 1-5
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

listopencil
Not to change topics, but given what happened to Jesus, do you think Social Services would have taken him away from God if they'd been around back then? It'd be pretty wild to be some foster parent and one night they bring Jesus over and ask you to keep him for a while.

Depends on whether you believe in the Trinity or not, I guess.

RealSNR
I wonder how differently things would be right now if McDaniels had followed Pioli to KC, and Denver ended up with Haley.The Broncos would still have Cutler

listopencil
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
True... but what team can get its ass kicked all game long & then have a bad, game-losing pass get tipped into the hands of its errant receiver for the win? What team can then have yet another ball tipped, tipped & juggled for another miraculous game-winner? What team can manage only one (1) real offensive TD against a division opponent, & yet end up with 34 points? Only the Broncos. Because God is on their side.

And yet He, in His wisdom, always seems to pull the rug out from under them in the post-season. Oh sure - he gave them two fleeting moments in NFL history when HorseFace led the team. But since then He has denied them the Prize. Only the truth of the Bronco Late Season Slide remains to keep the faith within me.

It's because you are trying to rationalize away as many points as you possibly can. Stokely made that catch, the ball broke the plane while he had possession. They also kicked FG's, and they count. And, by the way, if you take away all the kicks returned for TD's in tonight's game...we still win 20-16.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2009, 10:45 PM

4-0.

5-0.

6-0.

Shocking. I apparently struck a nerve with one of you.

Rain Man
10-19-2009, 10:46 PM

The 1997/1998 stuff was obviously a deal with the devil that was made behind God's back. I suspect that's the situation now, too. It's not that God loves the Broncos, it's that he's not going to watch them if some other game is on, so he's not paying attention to them right now. Any day God is going to pick up the sports page, see the standings, and say, "What the - ?" and the next day there'll be lightning strikes all over the Broncos' practice facility.

RealSNR
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree with all of your above points but not this. We still have guys on our team who just can't do it mentally. Peyton Hillis is a good example. He barely sees the field this year because he's screwed up so much. On the other end of the spectrum is a guy like Dawkins. He's 36 years old and still playing at a high level. In fact he charges up the entire D with his attitude.

Other than that-you can see when guys aren't giving their best effort. You can see by their body language and it shows up in their play. It becomes obvious as a game wears on and it shows up in critical situations.Then that makes Peyton Hillis not a good player. It's that simple. I agree that it has to do with his attitude, endurence, and work ethic, but that makes him not a good player.

What I'm arguing about is this other retarded junk I hear from ESPN about guys like Roethlisberger. Great QB, no doubt. Know why he "finishes" games? Because he takes his time getting used to the pace of the defense. He's quick-thinking, strong, and big. He's a good QB. It's not because he "knows" how to win games. The fact that he has as many championships as he does versus a guy like Drew Brees is purely based on the talent around him and what the coaches do to put him in a position to win. He's a good enough player that he takes those situations and converts more often than not.

Then there are some players who are simply lucky. Steve Kerr in the NBA is the best example I can think of. Does he know how to win championships or was he lucky enough to play alongside Jordan and Duncan, two of the best players in NBA history?

KcMizzou
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
The 1997/1998 stuff was obviously a deal with the devil that was made behind God's back. I suspect that's the situation now, too. It's not that God loves the Broncos, it's that he's not going to watch them if some other game is on, so he's not paying attention to them right now. Any day God is going to pick up the sports page, see the standings, and say, "What the - ?" and the next day there'll be lightning strikes all over the Broncos' practice facility.The sooner, the better... please.

Ugly Duck
10-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Any day God is going to pick up the sports page, see the standings, and say, "What the - ?" and the next day there'll be lightning strikes all over the Broncos' practice facility.

I like that! I like the way you preach the Word! That quote is what I'll take from this miserable night...

Rain Man 6190130: Any day God is going to pick up the sports page, see the standings, and say, "What the - ?" and the next day there'll be lightning strikes all over the Broncos' practice facility.

listopencil
10-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Then that makes Peyton Hillis not a good player. It's that simple. I agree that it has to do with his attitude, endurence, and work ethic, but that makes him not a good player.

What I'm arguing about is this other retarded junk I hear from ESPN about guys like Roethlisberger. Great QB, no doubt. Know why he "finishes" games? Because he takes his time getting used to the pace of the defense. He's quick-thinking, strong, and big. He's a good QB. It's not because he "knows" how to win games. The fact that he has as many championships as he does versus a guy like Drew Brees is purely based on the talent around him and what the coaches do to put him in a position to win. He's a good enough player that he takes those situations and converts more often than not.

Then there are some players who are simply lucky. Steve Kerr in the NBA is the best example I can think of. Does he know how to win championships or was he lucky enough to play alongside Jordan and Duncan, two of the best players in NBA history?

Yeah, I know what you mean about the sportscasters using catchphrases and buzzwords. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt if they have impressed me in the past, like Jaworski for instance. I just shake my head and turn the channel if it's somebody like Matt Millen. Hillis though, he did very well last year and now he's doing poorly. It's mental, and partly McD's system. He still has the same skill set.

bowener
10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Well, I always assumed the Raiders were in league with Satan... it just makes sense. But I'm not sure how KC got on God's bad side.

Isn't it obvious?

We ARE purgatory. 8-8 for eternity.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-20-2009, 06:03 AM

Thats easy!

Chiefs would be 6-0

Denver would be 1-5

Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and Elvis Dummerville would have all been cut for not doing it the "Haley Way"

TheGuardian
10-20-2009, 06:08 AM
The Broncos are a mirage. Write it down. They will fold down the stretch.

big nasty kcnut
10-20-2009, 06:25 AM
They spawns of satan.

ChiefMojo
10-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Sadly we have to face it the Donkey's are for real. They have beat some very good football teams already. Have their games been pretty? No, not all of them have been, but they are good wins. They have a very good offense, play good special teams, and they don't make many mistakes on offense. Offensively they have four legit weapons for Orton (RB, WR/WR, and TE).

Am I surprised they are 6-0? Yes, but I also recognize it isn't a stretch either to believe it after seeing it.

C-Mac
10-20-2009, 06:27 AM
Hey, I'm a Chiefs fan but I'm respecting what the Broncos are doing and I am rooting them on.

Hey...something appears kind of oxymoronish here.

Skip Towne
10-20-2009, 06:43 AM
They spawns of satan.

Yes they are.

Rain Man
10-20-2009, 09:08 AM
And it confirms my theory that God is a one who sucks the penis.

(Success of the Broncos, not your status as Supreme Being)

I appreciate the clarification.

deadbabyseal
10-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey...something appears kind of moronish here.

FYP

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2009, 01:45 PM

4-0.

5-0.

6-0.

Hats off, Denver. While I'm still skeptical that Orton can get you deep into the playoffs, you guys made all the right moves on defense, from hiring Nolan to your FA signings/trades.Damn. Do you swallow? :)

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I wonder how differently things would be right now if McDaniels had followed Pioli to KC, and Denver ended up with Haley.Pretty much the same. Our franchise is cursed my Carl Peterson.

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Shocking. I apparently struck a nerve with one of you.Not me. I'm quite impressed with your fellating skills...:D

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey, I'm a Chiefs fan but I'm respecting what the Broncos are doing and I am rooting them on. Don't bother turning in your mancard, just go ahead and castrate yourself...:shake:

Mr. Arrowhead
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
they actually kind of remind me of some of Marty Chiefs team, especially the one that went 13-3 with Steve Bono

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2009, 02:02 PM
they actually kind of remind me of some of Marty Chiefs team, especially the one that went 13-3 with Steve BonoYep. Good D. Mistake free O.

OctoberFart
10-20-2009, 02:06 PM

What is KC's excuse?

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2009, 02:13 PM
What is KC's excuse?Carl Peterson

Simply Red
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
i have news for you, God doesn't care about things like football.

vailpass
10-20-2009, 02:17 PM

Yes I do.

j/k Lord.

ChiefsSuckBalls
10-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Then why do all the players point to him when they score?

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Then why do all the players point to him when they score?

Because they miss church and praise him during the game......then committ crimes and sins at night.

MMXcalibur
10-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Back to the OP, though:

God made sunsets orange and blue because he loves the Denver Broncos. There's your proof.

Stick this retarded slogan I've seen on the bumper of every shithead out here in Colorado and shove it up your twat.