PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli puts everyone but Cassel and Flowers on the trading block

BigRedChief
10-20-2009, 06:24 AM
From "the source"

They heard from a player, that heard from their agent, that the "word" around the NFL was that Pioli had made it known around the NFL that everyone on the Chiefs (besides Cassel and Flowers) were available in trades for the right deal.

How true? As usual take with a grain of salt. Could be an agent being fed misinformation or just making chit up to benefit himself, the Chiefs putting misinformation out there, who knows the truth. But, I heard it so I thought I'd pass it on.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-20-2009, 06:30 AM
That would be a good way to motivate your players !

NOT!!!!!!!!

C-Mac
10-20-2009, 06:32 AM
I cant imagine him trading his very first pick nor his last, but the catch phrase "the right deal" would filter everything out.

Stewie
10-20-2009, 06:33 AM
So what?

I'm pretty sure every player in the NFL is on the trading block - for the right deal.

My house isn't on the market, but it's for sale if someone makes me a ridiculous offer.

BigRedChief
10-20-2009, 06:35 AM
So what?

I'm pretty sure every player in the NFL is on the trading block - for the right deal.

My house isn't on the market, but it's for sale if someone makes me a ridiculous offer.
If true, no biggie to me either. It's what we get in a trade that matters. We get Detroits first round pick for Jackson? We get a 2nd rounder for Waters? Whatever, depends on the deal.

Demonpenz
10-20-2009, 06:44 AM
some players mean so much to the team town and sport they will never be traded, like wayne grezky !

BigRedChief
10-20-2009, 06:46 AM
some players mean so much to the team town and sport they will never be traded, like wayne grezky !Pujols in 2 years? :cuss:

Deberg_1990
10-20-2009, 06:52 AM
some players mean so much to the team town and sport they will never be traded, like wayne grezky !

Brett Favre will be a Packer fo life!

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Everyone is on the block if the price is right...

chasedude
10-20-2009, 07:31 AM
:bravo: Bye, Bye LJ :bravo:

rad
10-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Hell, I'd trade my two left nuts if the price is right....

LaChapelle
10-20-2009, 07:40 AM
tick tock
tick tock
is it 4 pm EST yet

BigRedChief
10-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Hell, I'd trade my two left nuts if the price is right....just curious, what would hat going rate be?

wild1
10-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Everyone is on the block if the price is right...

Yes. "always looking to improve our team" etc.

I hope they make another deal before the deadline. It just means they are doing something they think makes us better. But everyone is always available for the right price, I think.

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 08:50 AM
bullshit. these stories are getting redicilous.

Brock
10-20-2009, 08:52 AM

BRC hasn't been wrong yet. And your spelling is atrocious.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2009, 08:52 AM

Nope I beleive them... haley is mean and yells..

Fish
10-20-2009, 08:55 AM

You're redicilous....

Skip Towne
10-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Maybe Pioli will trade Haley.

El Jefe
10-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Brett Favre will be a Packer fo life!

Michael Jordan would never leave the Bulls, Emmitt Smith would never leave the Cowboys.

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 08:58 AM
BRC hasn't been wrong yet. And your spelling is atrocious.

UH OH SPELLING POLICE!!!

Skip Towne
10-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Nope I beleive them... haley is mean and yells..

You have to be a proven winner to do that. Haley is a loser n00b.

soundmind
10-20-2009, 09:10 AM
That asshole Schefter seems to think the Chiefs are the most likely to make a move today. Says we could move Larry or DJ.....most likely DJ though...

Whatever, we won't do a damn thing. Larry and DJ don't garner any trade value, so I'm not 100% sure why you move them just to throw a dart at a 4th or 5th round selection.

Pooch
10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
What makes Cassel so great that he is untradeable? I don't think he is even a top ten QB in the nfl!! Or could ever be!! It would never happen but what if we were offered Manning, Brady, Ryan, etc.

soundmind
10-20-2009, 09:15 AM
What makes Cassel so great that he is untradeable? I don't think he is even a top ten QB in the nfl!! Or could ever be!! It would never happen but what if we were offered Manning, Brady, Ryan, etc.

Do you watch football games? Cassel has had an issue with placement on some throws, but by and large he's been pretty damn good considering he's flushed on every single throw after 1.6 seconds (if that).

The hate thrown at Cassel is completely unwarranted, he can QB my team, but I'd have gotten him some f*cking time too....

BigRedChief
10-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I always post the disclaimer about the "truthfulness" of the info I get from this person. But going all the way back to LJ had a broken bone in his foot, not a sprained ankle like was being reported, historically, the person has never been wrong. Judging by my rep, most people like hearing this info. True or not.

beach tribe
10-20-2009, 09:20 AM
:bravo: Bye, Bye LJ :bravo:
Pffff. Nobody wants LJ.

Coach
10-20-2009, 09:22 AM
I always post the disclaimer about the "truthfulness" of the info I get from this person. But going all the way back to LJ had a broken bone in his foot, not a sprained ankle like was being reported, historically, the person has never been wrong. Judging by my rep, most people like hearing this info. True or not.

Just ignore him. He's a douchenozzle.

And I believe in you. You source has been solid. Granted, it's not going to hit everytime. That's normal. I just think Pioli will put everybody on the line, and will make the deal if he thinks the franchise will get the best deal.

I mean, Tank for a 5th rounder? I thought that was pretty reasonable.

PhillyChiefFan
10-20-2009, 09:24 AM

The kid has thrown 7 TD's and only 2 Int's behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, no Tony Gonzales, and a practically nonexistant running game.

Mark Sanchez just throw 5 picks in one game, and everyone was touting him as the next coming of Montana when he was drafted.

Give him a lil latitude.

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 09:26 AM
The kid has thrown 7 TD's and only 2 Int's behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, no Tony Gonzales, and a practically nonexistant running game.

Mark Sanchez just throw 5 picks in one game, and Hammas and Mecca was touting him as the next coming of Montana when he was drafted.

Give him a lil latitude.

fyp

orange
10-20-2009, 09:28 AM

http://www.donowdo.com/Gallery/May07/musselburgh_horsey_smile.jpg

PhillyChiefFan
10-20-2009, 09:29 AM
fyp

ROFL

boogblaster
10-20-2009, 09:31 AM
I'd trade the whole O-line for three bull-dozers ... at least D-6s ........

soundmind
10-20-2009, 09:36 AM
I think Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, Stafford, Big Ben, Cassel....they all have bright futures as of right now. I like all of them but Flacco, and that really has more to do with that multi-million dollar uni-brow he rocks. Creepy and strange, period.

There are definitely those on this board who are delusional over Sanchez though, that's for sure. Believe me, I think he has a lot of talent, but the last few games are why you don't take him in a rebuilding model. 10 interceptions over the last 3 games, 5 in the last game alone. Granted a number of these balls are tips, and not entirely his fault, but Christ, that's a lot of turnovers. Take away 4 of those, are you comfortable with 2 picks per outing?

Trade Waters to anyone stupid enough to think he has anything left, and lets move forward.

Dave Lane
10-20-2009, 09:39 AM
You're redicilous....

Can we add this one to the planet lexicon?

King_Chief_Fan
10-20-2009, 09:42 AM
In general terms I suppose any player on this team can be had by another team for the right price.....I think that is all is being said by Pioli

Mr. Laz
10-20-2009, 09:44 AM
The NFL needs to make the trade deadline later in the year.

like week 10 imo

it would open a whole new area of NFL interest

The Franchise
10-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Trade DJ to the Eagles for Reggie Brown.

Trade LJ to whichever team offers the highest pick.

Cut Goff and Niswanger.

Sign Harris from the practice squad.

Pull AQ Shipley from the Steelers practice squad.

Frazod
10-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Can we add this one to the planet lexicon?

Your a genius!

keg in kc
10-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

GoHuge
10-20-2009, 09:55 AM
If true, no biggie to me either. It's what we get in a trade that matters. We get Detroits first round pick for Jackson? We get a 2nd rounder for Waters? Whatever, depends on the deal.BRC this isn't directed at you and I know you where just giving an example, but Waters might not even be worth the fifth they got for Tank. I've watched him alot this year and he looks like a shell of his former self. I know Haynesworth is a beast, but he abused BW on Sunday. In his prime nobody was knocking him backwards. He was always probably a little over rated because of the company he was in, but whatever he had is either gone, or his technique has gone straight to hell this year. I believe he also leads the team in holding penalties which means he is being pwned.

soundmind
10-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Trade DJ to the Eagles for Reggie Brown.

Trade LJ to whichever team offers the highest pick.

Cut Goff and Niswanger.

Sign Harris from the practice squad.

Pull AQ Shipley from the Steelers practice squad.

After the Reggie Brown comment, that's not awful.

Bill Lundberg
10-20-2009, 09:59 AM
After the Reggie Brown comment, that's not awful.
Yeah, just curious why the infatuation with Reggie Brown. Outside of one decent season he's never been much in the NFL.

The Franchise
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, just curious why the infatuation with Reggie Brown. Outside of one decent season he's never been much in the NFL.

I still think he's talented....he's just buried on the depth chart.

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I still think he's talented....he's just buried on the depth chart.

probably for a reason

The Franchise
10-20-2009, 10:04 AM
probably for a reason

Yeah...it has nothing to do with the Eagles drafting WRs in the 2nd and 1st rounds......and Brown being injured.

Bill Lundberg
10-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah...it has nothing to do with the Eagles drafting WRs in the 2nd and 1st rounds......and Brown being injured.

If he's injured why would you want him? If he's now healthy and can't beat out a couple of rookies and a 32 year old often injured Kevin Curtis, why would you want him?

DaFace
10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
I have been vindicated!
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
If he's injured why would you want him? If he's now healthy and can't beat out a couple of rookies and a 32 year old often injured Kevin Curtis, why would you want him?

exactly.

BigRedChief
10-20-2009, 11:00 AM
I have been vindicated!
Posted via Mobile Device
what did you predict, ole wise one?

DaFace
10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
what did you predict, ole wise one?

Not a prediction, per se.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216539

Christofire
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Trade deadline come and gone, still wondering who replaces Tank Tyler. 22 guys off the street may be able to win two games, but the pool of 320-pound guys athletic and conditioned enough to be a backup NT has to be awfully shallow. Realistically, we have no choice but to poach someone from a practice squad.

Bill Lundberg
10-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Trade deadline come and gone, still wondering who replaces Tank Tyler. 22 guys off the street may be able to win two games, but the pool of 320-pound guys athletic and conditioned enough to be a backup NT has to be awfully shallow. Realistically, we have no choice but to poach someone from a practice squad.

They needed the spot for Kolby Smith.

Red Coater
10-20-2009, 02:38 PM

well we have not one 2 games yet

Red Coater
10-20-2009, 02:39 PM
They needed the spot for Kolby Smith.

Looney likes his body and says he is our savior

Titty Meat
10-20-2009, 02:47 PM

Blah Blah and the Chiefs would be 3-3 if they didn't trade Tony Gonzalez

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 02:50 PM

To be honest the Chiefs probably would be 3-3 if Tony G was still here. And Jared Allen.

But people around here don't want to be .500 They want to be 2-4 win team, and trade away good players in return for draft picks that are 50/50 make it/bust.

Christofire
10-20-2009, 03:00 PM

C'mon, man, if you're going to make a smartass comment, at least make it relevant.

Simply Red
10-20-2009, 03:04 PM
so nothing happened, joey fucking galloway, and that's it!? We're the worst pro sports team, currently. Or at least our front-office STILL is.!!!

BigRedChief
10-20-2009, 03:31 PM
so nothing happened, joey ****ing galloway, and that's it!? We're the worst pro sports team, currently. Or at least our front-office STILL is.!!!The NFL doesn't trade like MLB. A bad deal any time of the year is still a bad deal.

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
so nothing happened, joey fucking galloway, and that's it!? We're the worst pro sports team, currently. Or at least our front-office STILL is.!!!

The word I heard is that with the junior class in the 2010 draft, no one was willing to part with draft picks.

This is going to be a very deep draft for defensive players. With a 1st, two 2nd's, 3rd, 4th and three 5th round picks, the Chiefs should be able to grab at least two impact players and a few other immediate starters.

It should be a great off-season.

Simply Red
10-20-2009, 04:42 PM
The word I heard is that with the junior class in the 2010 draft, no one was willing to part with draft picks.

This is going to be a very deep draft for defensive players. With a 1st, two 2nd's, 3rd, 4th and three 5th round picks, the Chiefs should be able to grab at least two impact players and a few other immediate starters.

I hope so, and in all fairness, i may know the least on here w/ trading/cap/draft protocol and all of that bs. But, I'm so incredibly sick and fucking tired of hearing 'we're rebuiding' seriously getting stale!

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
I hope so, and in all fairness, i may know the least on here w/ trading/cap/draft protocol and all of that bs. But, I'm so incredibly sick and fucking tired of hearing 'we're rebuiding' seriously getting stale!

You're unfortunately going to hear it for at least one more years, if not two.

Sorry, Dude.

Halfcan
10-20-2009, 04:46 PM

I would be happy with one impact player the way we have drafted-but I like your optimism.

Simply Red
10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
You're unfortunately going to hear it for at least one more years, if not two.

Sorry, Dude.

http://i38.tinypic.com/fawgfl.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2duqew.gif