10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
:shrug:

The Franchise
10-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Please God no. Do not come here.

El Jefe
10-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Please God no. Do not come here.

Galloway is a way better deep threat than anyone on our roster by far.

MichaelH
10-20-2009, 10:07 AM

That is if the QB has enough time to wind up and hit him.

Scorp
10-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Jesus H Christ he is 38 years old. Just what we need another slow ass OLD receiver,

Gonzo
10-20-2009, 10:10 AM

Did he put a turbo booster on his hoveround?

You're on crack.

Sure-Oz
I wonder how fast he is still
I heard he had issues learning the NE plays

Buehler445
Jesus H Christ he is 38 years old. Just what we need another slow ass OLD receiver,

This. Dude had a nice year a couple years ago...but so did Engram.

JD10367
10-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I wonder how fast he is still
I heard he had issues learning the NE plays

Ayup.

I heard Baltimore was interested. I don't know why Belichick couldn't have gotten a 6th for him.

Here's the thing, though: while Galloway might not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, he also had Randy Moss and Wes Welker in front of him. On the Chiefs, he'd be more useful. Hell, tell him, "On every play, run in a straight line as fast as you can towards the end zone." He's still got decent enough speed to make a defender go with him, freeing up your other guys to actually catch the ball.

El Jefe
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Did he put a turbo booster on his hoveround?

You're on crack.

Are you on crack? Who on our roster is a better deep threat than galloway?

El Jefe
10-20-2009, 10:17 AM

Old he is, but slow he is not.

Gonzo
10-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Are you on crack? Who on our roster is a better deep threat than galloway?

I'm pretty sure most of our WR's are capable of going deep. You just won't see it because Cassel only has 1-2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Galloway would do no good here.

Amnorix
10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
They have also cut Eric Alexander, a ST guru and a doesn't-completely-suck backup at LB.

WTF is BB doing?

Patriots Nation is going nuts. Deion Branch? Shawn Merriman? Julius Peppers? Contract extensions? What is going on ?!?!?!?!?

We'll have to wait and see.

El Jefe
10-20-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm pretty sure most of our WR's are capable of going deep. You just won't see it because Cassel only has 1-2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Galloway would do no good here.

Seriously though, there isn't a WR on our roster right now that would be a better deep threat than Galloway, my main point, plain and simple. Yeah all our receivers could go deep, if you can wait 7 seconds, Galloway is considerably better.

JD10367
10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
They have also cut Eric Alexander, a ST guru and a doesn't-completely-suck backup at LB.

WTF is BB doing?

Patriots Nation is going nuts. Deion Branch? Shawn Merriman? Julius Peppers? Contract extensions? What is going on ?!?!?!?!?

Looks like both LBs (Tully Banta-Cain and Eric Alexander) were cut to end their 1-year deals and bring them back in a more cap-friendly extended deal. Not that losing Alexander would make me cry a river.

Deion Branch has no place in New England.

Merriman, while he'd do good there, would make me puke.

Peppers is too pricey.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2009, 10:38 AM

WTF is BB doing?

I bet ... Banta-Cain is a solid rotation guy.

dunno why he would just cut him

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Looks like both LBs (Tully Banta-Cain and Eric Alexander) were cut to end their 1-year deals and bring them back in a more cap-friendly extended deal. Not that losing Alexander would make me cry a river..

Their money is already guaranteed for the rest of the year. Why wouldn't they just extend them?

Just Passin' By
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
One source telling me that Joey Galloway is on his way to Kansas City fotr a workout with the Chiefs.

http://twitter.com/capeleaguer

Amnorix
10-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Looks like both LBs (Tully Banta-Cain and Eric Alexander) were cut to end their 1-year deals and bring them back in a more cap-friendly extended deal. Not that losing Alexander would make me cry a river.

Yes, that is what the rumor mill is suggesting. Makes sense, especially in TBC's case. Alexander is serviceable, playing on STs etc.

Deion Branch has no place in New England.

Honestly? You take things a bit too personally. I'd take him back in a heartbeat for teh right price. Obviously he's not the player he once was, but then he won't cost a 1st round pick either.

Merriman, while he'd do good there, would make me puke.

Merriman seems to have lost his ability post-steroids. Not sure he'd be all that much help really. And yes, I'm not a big fan of his on a personal level either.

Peppers is too pricey.

Yes. Anyone arguing that Peppers is involved has no understanding of the cap.

Amnorix
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Their money is already guaranteed for the rest of the year. Why wouldn't they just extend them?

There is a rule about signing a player to more than one contract within a one year period. It may be that cutting them, which gives them the chance to go elsewhere, fixes that problem, allowing them to resign on a longer term deal.

Amnorix
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
As noted in the TBC thread, Shefter is reporting that TBC has resigned with teh Patriots.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

El Jefe
10-20-2009, 10:46 AM

My sentiments.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2009, 10:54 AM
As noted in the TBC thread, Shefter is reporting that TBC has resigned with teh Patriots.

You figured the pats were up to something ... they don't just "freak out" for no reason.

DeezNutz
10-20-2009, 10:57 AM

That's cruel.

Cut him and then force him to resign the next day? Wasn't releasing him once enough?

nychief
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Please no.

Sure-Oz
10-20-2009, 11:42 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/20/report-galloway-heading-to-kansas-city/

Report: Galloway heading to Kansas City
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 20, 2009 1:24 PM ET
Joey Galloway wasn't good enough to stick in New England's receiver rotation, but there may be a spot for him in Kansas City.

Christopher Price of WEEI in Boston writes on Twitter that Galloway is on his way to Kansas City for a workout with the Chiefs.

Kansas City is thin at wide receiver, with Mark Bradley, Bobby Wade, and Bobby Engram behind Dwayne Bowe on the depth chart. Bradley has been somewhat productive (177 yards), but has suffered from a number of mental mistakes.

Galloway struggled to adapt to New England's system, but he didn't struggle getting open too badly in his first few games. He did struggle catching the ball.

Amnorix
10-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Agreed with the previous post -- Galloway could get open, but when he did he often couldn't catch the ball.

Seemed to be a bit of a puss coming across the middle. Also seemed to run poor routes / make poor adjustments.

El Jefe
10-20-2009, 11:50 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/20/report-galloway-heading-to-kansas-city/

Report: Galloway heading to Kansas City
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 20, 2009 1:24 PM ET
Joey Galloway wasn't good enough to stick in New England's receiver rotation, but there may be a spot for him in Kansas City.

Christopher Price of WEEI in Boston writes on Twitter that Galloway is on his way to Kansas City for a workout with the Chiefs.

Kansas City is thin at wide receiver, with Mark Bradley, Bobby Wade, and Bobby Engram behind Dwayne Bowe on the depth chart. Bradley has been somewhat productive (177 yards), but has suffered from a number of mental mistakes.

Galloway struggled to adapt to New England's system, but he didn't struggle getting open too badly in his first few games. He did struggle catching the ball.

I will take him.

jAZ
10-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Agreed with the previous post -- Galloway could get open, but when he did he often couldn't catch the ball.

Seemed to be a bit of a puss coming across the middle. Also seemed to run poor routes / make poor adjustments.

Sounds like a big upgrade to our #3 spot.

LaChapelle
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
ROFL

DaWolf
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
He did struggle catching the ball.

Should fit right in...

Mr. Laz
10-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I think Haley is sick of Bradley.

How many times has Bradley dogged it and ended coming up a yard short of a first down? He's had some drops and some other stupid stuff too.

RJ
10-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Sounds like a big upgrade to our #3 spot.

Hell, he might be the #1 before the day is over.

the Talking Can
10-20-2009, 12:09 PM
she is awesome

GoHuge
10-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Well we've been playing and looking like shit most of the year so there is no reason to worry about dignity at this point. This years NFL landfill has been addressed One Arrowhead Drive. Bring them all on. Apparently now the Chiefs are installing a circle drive around back.

Bearcat
10-20-2009, 12:13 PM
It's about time we got serious about capturing a wild card spot.

Archie Bunker
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Surely he can't be any more worthless than Engram has been. Bring his old ass in.

Coach
10-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Another thing I should touch on is, Galloway have done punt returns. He really can't do no worse than Wade, can he?

OnTheWarpath15
10-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Another thing I should touch on is, Galloway have done punt returns. He really can't do no worse than Wade, can he?

I think we could bring Eddie Drummond back, and it would be a wash.

Wade has been beyond disappointing returning kicks. Looks like he's running in quicksand.

JD10367
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I think Haley figures, if he gets enough WRs with bad hands, maybe the ball will ping-pong around in the air like a hot potato and one of them will eventually come down with it. :)

Seriously, though... if it's a cheap, no-risk signing, why not? As long as you don't give him a multi-year deal or decent money, like New England was stupid enough to do.

Coach
10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
I think we could bring Eddie Drummond back, and it would be a wash.

Wade has been beyond disappointing returning kicks. Looks like he's running in quicksand.

I wouldn't want no part of Drummond, because Drummond did look slow during his time here in KC.

I'm sure Galloway has to be faster than Drummond.

Rooster
10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
It's about time we got serious about capturing a wild card spot.

Hell yes.. It's time to get serious.

Coach
10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
What's funny about this is, Galloway was a 1st round draft pick in the year of '95. The same year the Chiefs took that Tackle who shall not be named.

OnTheWarpath15
10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't want no part of Drummond, because Drummond did look slow during his time here in KC.

The Drummond reference was a tie-in to Wade's performance.

Galloway would HAVE to be an upgrade over Wade.

Coach
10-20-2009, 12:29 PM
The Drummond reference was a tie-in to Wade's performance.

Galloway would HAVE to be an upgrade over Wade.

Ah, disregard my previous comment. Been a long day for me, and my brain isn't exactly functioning correctly as of this moment.

I need some fucking coffee.

JD10367
10-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Hell yes.. It's time to get serious.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vXhVGx51WYI/SJXtNPyihbI/AAAAAAAABkw/qjtUjhZUqZM/s400/y-so-srs-2.jpg

Mr. Laz
10-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Wade just doesn't want to be a returner ... that's why he fair catches every punt he possibly can. Occasionally he gets a bug and actually tries ... maybe 1 out of 10.

Skip Towne
10-20-2009, 12:38 PM

Eddie Haskell is faster than Drummond.

comptonw
10-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Please stay cut...