PDA

View Full Version : Football Sam Bradford out for the year

Sure-Oz
10-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Sam Bradford-QB-Player Oct. 21 - 3:33 pm et

ESPN's Joe Schad reports that Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford will announce Wednesday that needs season-ending shoulder surgery.
The next question is whether Bradford will enter the 2010 NFL Draft coming off a lost season. A case can be made both ways. Bradford, who's injured the AC joint in his throwing shoulder twice this year on nearly identical plays, could possibly still be a mid first-round pick if he has the operation and checks out well at next February's Combine. He could also return for his senior year and attempt to rejuvenate his draft stock.

per rotoworld.com

cdirty
10-21-2009, 01:49 PM
KUs gonna win.

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2009, 02:01 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2e160kk.jpg

BigCatDaddy
10-21-2009, 02:03 PM
If he slips to the 2nd might be worth a pick.

Skip Towne
10-21-2009, 02:05 PM
There are still tickets available. Tickets that OU returned.

Demonpenz
10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
will is surgery include putting his eyes closer together?

Param
10-21-2009, 02:07 PM
He better shut it down and prepare for the draft. Gotta make the money before he turns into noodle arm, version 2.0

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 02:07 PM
It's going to be a major body replacement to make him more capable of withstanding routine hits.

jAZ
10-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Don't make the same mistake twice.

kepp
10-21-2009, 02:20 PM
KUs gonna win.

Pfffftt

CoMoChief
10-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Good thing his ol poppa the Insurance Agent took out that insurance policy. He's gonna need it.

Something like a shoulder injury doesn't go away and can be re-aggrevated easily. ESPECIALLY in his throwing arm. He didn't have that strong of an arm to begin with, now he's gonna be a Chad Pennington.

L.A. Chieffan
10-21-2009, 02:24 PM
tebow can heal him if he touched him

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Yeah another broke down Brodie Croyle.... Thanks but no thanks...

Basileus777
10-21-2009, 02:40 PM

I wouldn't even bite then. Even before the injuries, I never thought Bradford was an NFL talent.

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Did anyone see that Red River Challenge before the game?

They put Bradford against McCoy in 5 events, including a home run hitting contest (wiffleball), a game of horse, ping pong, one other thing, and a throw the ball through the tire contest.

Bradford dominated four events. Only one he lost was the football throwing contest.

Coach
10-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Did anyone see that Red River Challenge before the game?

They put Bradford against McCoy in 5 events, including a home run hitting contest (wiffleball), a game of horse, ping pong, one other thing, and a throw the ball through the tire contest.

Bradford dominated four events. Only one he lost was the football throwing contest.

And I did predict that Bradford was going to get injured because of shit like ESPN is doing.

DrRyan
10-21-2009, 02:53 PM
So Mr. Bradford, what does it feel like to have cost yourself $20-30 million?
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
10-21-2009, 02:55 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2e160kk.jpg

Isn't that the chick that Steve Phillips boned?

Stinger
10-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Wow that will cost him some money, that will probably detour future recruits to go back to school and head for the draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah another broke down Brodie Croyle.... Thanks but no thanks...

Croyle is so much more talented than Bradford it's ridiculous.

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Any idea how much money this will cost him?
Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
10-21-2009, 03:02 PM
So Mr. Bradford, what does it feel like to have cost yourself $20-30 million?
Posted via Mobile Device

especially someone like Bradford, who is minimally talented for the attention he gets related to the NFL, it was a horrid, horrid decision

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 03:03 PM
And I did predict that Bradford was going to get injured because of shit like ESPN is doing.

Yeah you mother fucker. You never predicted that the Chiefs win the 2010 Super Bowl. Now I have to kill you.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Any idea how much money this will cost him?
Posted via Mobile Device

He would have never been able to stand up to the scouting process. He would have been the #3, maybe the #4 QB last year. It wouldn't have surprised me to see him go after Freeman, and let's say that he went to the Vikings at 22, a perfect fit for him.

Harvin got about 14 million from the Vikings. Let's say Bradford gets a QB premium and gets 15.5.

Now he falls to pick 35.

He's probably looking at about 4-4.5 million there.

So he cost himself a little over 10 million, IMO.

Coach
10-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah you mother fucker. You never predicted that the Chiefs win the 2010 Super Bowl. Now I have to kill you.
Posted via Mobile Device

I cannot make that prediction, becuase I know the Chiefs will not win the 2010 Super Bowl.

jaa1025
10-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I'd draft him in the 2nd without even hesitating. He would have been the #1 over all pick last year and this year if he wouldn't have been injured. He's easily the most accurate QB i've ever seen...why wouldn't you? Even though we just signed Cassell long term, you don't turn down a potential franchise QB like that. Even if he ends up sitting for a year or two but shows amazing ability in preseason or filling in for Cassell then you trade him for a couple #1s...or you trade Cassell. It's a great position to be in.

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
I cannot make that prediction, becuase I know the Chiefs will not win the 2010 Super Bowl.

Damn it. It was worth a shot.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Isn't that the chick that Steve Phillips boned?

ROFL

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:13 PM
He would have never been able to stand up to the scouting process. He would have been the #3, maybe the #4 QB last year. It wouldn't have surprised me to see him go after Freeman, and let's say that he went to the Vikings at 22, a perfect fit for him.

Harvin got about 14 million from the Vikings. Let's say Bradford gets a QB premium and gets 15.5.

Now he falls to pick 35.

He's probably looking at about 4-4.5 million there.

So he cost himself a little over 10 million, IMO.

That is interesting. I figured someone would take him on stats alone. Anyway, I don't really know enough to speculate.

Interestingly, if his insurance policy was for somethng like $15M and he still goes on the the NFL, this injury could have been profitable for him under the situation you described. Of course that leaves out second contracts, but it isn't reasonable to speculate what they might be.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:14 PM
It should be noted that I don't know what the terms of his insurance coverage is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
It should be noted that I don't know what the terms of his insurance coverage is.
Posted via Mobile Device

My buddy Mark, Who owns his own business and is friend with Bradfords dad.. Has is insurance with him... Said that they arent worried about it, they have plenty of money and plenty of insurance on Bradford...

RJ
10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't watch much college football - I work Saturdays - but if I'm understanding this thread correctly, Bradford is a talentless bum who cost himself millions upon millions of dollars by not entering the draft last year. Is that about the size of it?

alanm
10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
He'll be back next year.

alanm
10-21-2009, 04:42 PM
tebow can heal him if he touched himWell yeah.

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't watch much college football - I work Saturdays - but if I'm understanding this thread correctly, Bradford is a talentless bum who cost himself millions upon millions of dollars by not entering the draft last year. Is that about the size of it?

I don't know if I'd say he's talentless.

Pretty much he put up gawdy stats with all world protection and receiving talent last year and would have been drafted high.

He came back, after a lot of his talent is gone and gets broken. Twice. Costing himself lots a money.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
My buddy Mark, Who owns his own business and is friend with Bradfords dad.. Has is insurance with him... Said that they arent worried about it, they have plenty of money and plenty of insurance on Bradford...

You goofy Okie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-21-2009, 05:29 PM
will is surgery include putting his eyes closer together?

I don't think so. "Llama-Vision" is his super power.

Brock
10-21-2009, 05:31 PM

They might have plenty of money, but nobody is going to shite off 60 million dollars and laugh about it.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2009, 06:10 PM
cost himself about 20 million dollars

kstater
10-21-2009, 06:44 PM
I'd draft him in the 2nd without even hesitating. He would have been the #1 over all pick last year and this year if he wouldn't have been injured. He's easily the most accurate QB i've ever seen...why wouldn't you? Even though we just signed Cassell long term, you don't turn down a potential franchise QB like that. Even if he ends up sitting for a year or two but shows amazing ability in preseason or filling in for Cassell then you trade him for a couple #1s...or you trade Cassell. It's a great position to be in.

Good lord.

luv
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM

Tell me you're joking.

He'd be another Brodie Croyle. He'd be good, but he'd be injured at the drop of a hat. He was good, but he had a solid o-line and talent around him, too.

Red Dawg
10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
He won't slip in the draft at all. As long as he shows off his arm in Indy he will go top 10 for sure. He's got nothing left to prove in college anyway. H e should have left last year.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Best of luck Sam with the shoulder, you are screwed for life with it. Trust me I tore my labrum in both shoulders in high school.

Basileus777
10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Injuries and lack of arm strength aside, Bradford is a system quarterback that has never demonstrated any ability to make NFL quality reads and throws. Completion percentage is completely irrelevant when he is making easy passes to wide open receivers due to Oklahoma's spread offense. He plays in a system that creates extremely easy throws and even easier reads. This is a system that made Jason White a Heisman winner.

Bradford is a player with a ton of question marks and limited upside. Even if he doesn't have any permanent damage, no one is drafting him high in the first round.

okcchief
10-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I always thought he was too slow dropping back from center to be any good in the NFL. Not that it's something he couldn't work on. I was always amazed people were saying he could be the number 1 pick after his sophmore year. Espeically when I saw him play in high school and he did nothing to impress me at all. I think he benefited from having a great Oline and good offensive talent. If he would have stayed healthy, he would have been exposed this year. I think even he knows he's not good enough for the NFL which is why he stayed. I wouldn't be suprised to see him come back to OU next year to be honest. He has something to prove or he could possibly be a second or third round pick next year. Maybe even lower. Hamas is right. I don't think scouts will be impressed when he works out.

That being said he seems like a good kid and is a good college QB. Hate to see anyone get injured regardless if I'm not an OU fan.

Coach
10-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Tell me you're joking.

He'd be another Brodie Croyle. He'd be good, but he'd be injured at the drop of a hat. He was good, but he had a solid o-line and talent around him, too.

There's a difference between Bradford and Croyle. Croyle is very talented, but is injury prone.

Bradford doesn't really have alot of talent, and is more of a product of the system. See Josh Heupel, Jason White for reference.