PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DJ mad about not starting and not getting traded

doomy3
10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Not saying I blame him...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&rwr=1&id=3172

Derrick Johnson-LB- Chiefs Oct. 21 - 5:28 pm et

Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson is angry that he is not starting and was not dealt prior to Tuesday's trade deadline.
"It sucks...to not be starting and not be playing like I should," he said. "Coach knows I want to play. He knows I disagree with not playing. He knows that." Johnson is currently Demorrio Williams' backup at inside linebacker.
Source: National Football Post

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm with you, DJ.

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2009, 03:36 PM
So he tried the Tony Gonzalez "good trooper" approach to getting traded and it didn't get the desired result.

Shag
10-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Not saying I blame him...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&rwr=1&id=3172

Derrick Johnson-LB- Chiefs Oct. 21 - 5:28 pm et

Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson is angry that he is not starting and was not dealt prior to Tuesday's trade deadline.
"It sucks...to not be starting and not be playing like I should," he said. "Coach knows I want to play. He knows I disagree with not playing. He knows that." Johnson is currently Demorrio Williams' backup at inside linebacker.
Source: National Football Post

Wonder what happened to not concerning himself about the reasons, and that "whatever happens, happens"? Maybe he'll take this as motivation to work harder...

The Franchise
Start him....might as well put him to good use.

LaChapelle
He wants you mad DJ. hitting mad
angry is Haley's medium

Hammock Parties
Crybaby.

KCUnited
10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Welp, that ought to seal the deal for him.

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Welp, that ought to seal the deal for him.

They're not going to outright release the guy. He's here for the rest of the year. Then he's gonna walk away.

Fritz88
10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
What the hell DJ?

remember this? (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1496339.html)

Rooster
10-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Wonder what happened to not concerning himself about the reasons, and that "whatever happens, happens"? Maybe he'll take this as motivation to work harder...

Exactly.. He sure has done a 180. Maybe this is what we have been waiting for.

doomy3
10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
What the hell DJ?

Yeah, he's probably trying to figure out what the **** he has to do to get on the field. Clearly, being the team's best linebacker and still going out and playing hard on special teams isn't enough.

This must be more of Haley's "motivation" in action.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Start him....might as well put him to good use.
yea, that will send the right message.

doesn't matter whether you do what the coach tells ya if you're athletic enough.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
I hope he takes off now. He's got some talent. haleys pushing his buttons.

KCUnited
10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
I heard on 810 today that Tank got in touch with his agent about not getting playing time, who in turn contacted Pioli to discuss it on Tank's behalf. Tank went on to say that appreciated Hailey/Pioli giving him an opportunity to get in some games so other teams had some tape. Its all about the approach.

SDChiefs
10-21-2009, 03:45 PM
So he tried the Tony Gonzalez "good trooper" approach to getting traded and it didn't get the desired result.

Maybe he should try dropping a few balls. That will get Haley to threaten to trade his ass.

2bikemike
10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Maybe the spark is starting to smolder, maybe it will turn into a fire. This organization has been trying to light a fire under his ass since he got here. I don't think he has ever quite lived up to the expectations.

doomy3
10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
yea, that will send the right message.

doesn't matter whether you do what the coach tells ya if you're athletic enough.

What is the message that needs to be taught to DJ? What exactly is the problem anyway?

Furthermore, I get the impression that DJ doesn't even know what the problem is, or what he is supposed to fix.

DumbHillbillies
10-21-2009, 03:48 PM
He wants you mad DJ. hitting mad
angry is Haley's medium

I agree, show us how pissed off you are DJ on the field.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Maybe the spark is starting to smolder, maybe it will turn into a fire. This organization has been trying to light a fire under his ass since he got here. I don't think he has ever quite lived up to the expectations.

He was handed his starting job with zero competition while Herm was here...it ruined him...

Marcellus
10-21-2009, 03:51 PM
What is the message that needs to be taught to DJ? What exactly is the problem anyway?

Furthermore, I get the impression that DJ doesn't even know what the problem is, or what he is supposed to fix.

You are correct, he has no idea he is inconsistent and an underachiever. You answered your own question.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2009, 03:51 PM

From what i understand, DJ won't follow the scheme and keeps leaving his responsibility. He makes big plays but eventually he gives up a big run because he's not where he supposed to be.

i think him not knowing is bullshit ... i just think he doesn't want to tell everyone else what the problem is because it's embarrassing.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2009, 03:52 PM
From what i understand, DJ won't follow the scheme and keeps leaving his responsibility. He makes big plays but eventually he gives up a big run because he's not where he supposed to be.

i think him not knowing is bullshit ... i just think he doesn't want to tell everyone else what the problem is because it's embarrassing.

Ding ding ding.

Haley probably notices how lazy he is during practice and until that changes, he won't be starting.

Archie Bunker
10-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm mad I don't get to see his two great 1st Qtr plays he used to make before disappearing the rest of game not to mention the gaping holes he used to leave in the run defense and the occasional out of control whiff in the backfield.

Williams may not be flashy or a fierce tackler but at least he gets to where he is supposed to be and gets in the way if nothing else.

MGRS13
10-21-2009, 03:53 PM
He needs to do what he is supposed to, but only does what he wants. Whatever team gets him next year will be stoked for about three games then forget he's even there.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Ding ding ding.

Haley probably notices how lazy he is during practice and until that changes, he won't be starting.

:thumb:

Halfcan
10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
its bullshit-what has demorrio done ever??

Hammock Parties
10-21-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm mad I don't get to see his two great 1st Qtr plays he used to make before disappearing the rest of game not to mention the gaping holes he used to leave in the run defense and the occasional out of control whiff in the backfield.

Williams may not be flashy or a fierce tackler but at least he gets to where he is supposed to be and gets in the way if nothing else.

Williams is 2nd on the team in tackles.

I think he's done a good job.

DumbHillbillies
10-21-2009, 03:56 PM

Sounds like he has ADD on the field.

Reerun_KC

What has DJ ever done?

HemiEd

That makes a lot of sense, when you think about it. Without using names, Haley has made that remark, more than once. Hell, maybe that his been his problem all along.

Mr. Laz
again ... completely missing the point.

if you let one player just say "fuck it" I'm bigger than the team and coaches, i can do what i want how in the hell can you enforce discipline with the rest?

Demonpenz
10-21-2009, 03:58 PM
PLEASE PLEASE GO TO THE EAGLES NEXT YEAR

wild1
10-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Chiefs fans mad about DJ not living up to potential

CoMoChief
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I hope he takes off now. He's got some talent. haleys pushing his buttons.

Statements like these are fucking dumb.

What motivation does he need? He's in the NFL. He's not lazy. He wants to play. He's the teams most talented LB.

CoMoChief
10-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Williams is 2nd on the team in tackles.

I think he's done a good job.

Williams sucks and has sucked in this league. And is no better than a quality backup.

LaChapelle
10-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Hook 'Em Horns

HemiEd
10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Statements like these are ****ing dumb.

What motivation does he need? He's in the NFL. He's not lazy. He wants to play. He's the teams most talented LB.

I want to know his wonderlic score. Is he also the dumbest?

orange
10-21-2009, 04:09 PM
So begins the beatdown on the next soon-to-be-former-Chief to walk away from KC for nothing.

By January, DJ will be a no-talent bum who never should have seen a spot on an NFL roster, single-handedly responsible for dragging the Chiefs D down for the last five years (all part of Gunther's evil plot, of course).

He will, of course, go on to a worthwhile career as an everyday player for some other team - but the Chiefs aren't interested in everyday players, if you're not starring you're replaceable by one of the right 22 guys off the street.

The way some of you let yourselves be puppet-stringed by Arrowhead Drive is embarassing.

Go, Carl, Go! Go, Scotty, Go!

Marcellus
10-21-2009, 04:10 PM

You think he is playing to the best of his ability? That's fucking dumb.

If he is he is average.

bluehawkdoc
10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I think all the Chiefs players should go hunting for a buffalo and allow DJ to finally kill it, carve out its heart and take a bite out of it while it's still pumping. This will cause much confidence for all and its nutritious.

alanm
10-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Hook 'Em HornsThey ain't called soft for no reason. :D

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Clearly, being the team's best linebacker and still going out and playing hard on special teams isn't enough.

It's the right 53, not necessarily the best 53.

Trust the process.

Sure-Oz
10-21-2009, 04:37 PM
It's the right 53, not necessarily the best 53.

Trust the process.

dayton moore approves of this post. tm

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 04:38 PM
dayton moore approves of this post. tm

*blinks twice and nods to show his approval*

CoMoChief
10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
again ... completely missing the point.

if you let one player just say "**** it" I'm bigger than the team and coaches, i can do what i want how in the hell can you enforce discipline with the rest?

No this isn't the point. When has DJ ever acted like that?

So now DJ is TO?

Sure-Oz
10-21-2009, 04:43 PM
*blinks twice and nods to show his approval*

ROFL

MTG#10
I hope we bring Kendrell Bell back..you know since he was so intense Gun had to hold him back during practice so he wouldnt hurt anyone...

Sure-Oz
No this isn't the point. When has DJ ever acted like that?

So now DJ is TO?

Nah hes just lavaar arrington and does what he wants on the field

CoMoChief
10-21-2009, 04:44 PM
You think he is playing to the best of his ability? That's ****ing dumb.

If he is he is average.

I never said that. Has he played up to his ability, which many people here think he should be a pro bowler. That answer is no of course not.

But he's the best LB we have......PERIOD.

But it's not about talent....its the right 53.

The right 53 can go suck a fat cock, DJ should be playing. I tell you who shouldnt be playing is LJ.

CoMoChief
10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Nah hes just lavaar arrington and does what he wants on the field

Yeah we've all seen defensive coaches just get in DJ's face on the sidelines....chewing him out because he's not doing his job.

dallaschiefsfan
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I heard on 810 today that Tank got in touch with his agent about not getting playing time, who in turn contacted Pioli to discuss it on Tank's behalf. Tank went on to say that appreciated Hailey/Pioli giving him an opportunity to get in some games so other teams had some tape. Its all about the approach.

Seems Tank is a smart business man. Never burn a bridge in this league.

Micjones
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
How exactly can Johnson produce from the sideline?

I'd be mad too.
If he didn't fit into their plans for the future they should've traded him.
Now that they haven't... Let him play.

LaChapelle
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
How would you know if he was playing or not?

Tribal Warfare
10-21-2009, 04:57 PM

He plays within the scheme and without mental screw ups.

CoMoChief
10-21-2009, 04:58 PM
He plays within the scheme and without mental screw ups.

Wrong.....Demarrio sucks.

Sure-Oz
10-21-2009, 04:58 PM
i dont feel bad for dj, i feel bad for us picking him and thinking he going to be awesome

Tribal Warfare
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Wrong.....Demarrio sucks.

It's correct, because he's playing and DJ's not

KCUnited
10-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Seems Tank is a smart business man. Never burn a bridge in this league.
He came across like a class act. Said he felt like his heart was ripped out, but was happy to go back to where his family is. Said Todd Haley expects greatness from his players and enjoyed being coached like that and playing for Haley.

penchief
10-21-2009, 05:08 PM

It doesn't matter how athletic he is if he's too lazy or too dumb to play his position the way it's supposed to be played. I like DJ. I like his ability. But I'll be the first to say that he has been a major disappointment.

If he can't grasp his responsibilities or if he isn't willing to make the necessary effort to get better then he doesn't deserve to play. It's a team game and players who don't function properly within the scheme hurt the team's performance. Pretty simple, really.

TheGuardian
10-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Derrick Johnson has been an underachiever since he was drafted. The only thing that makes me laugh more than he complaining about not being a starter is people calling him our most talented linebacker. Based on what? What he did in college? His 40 time? He's a lazy underachiever who is soft.

Marcellus
10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
I never said that. Has he played up to his ability, which many people here think he should be a pro bowler. That answer is no of course not.

But he's the best LB we have......PERIOD.

But it's not about talent....its the right 53.

The right 53 can go suck a fat cock, DJ should be playing. I tell you who shouldn't be playing is LJ.

I call bullshit.

This is the same situation Lavar Arrington was in a few years ago and the same shit was being said. He isn't even in the league anymore.

He is our best LB based on what? How many times have you seen him **** up since he was drafted? Too many to count.

I have seen better, more consistent play out of Mays and 50 year old Vrabel this year than I have seen out of DJ the last few years.

Just because he is the most athletic LB does not make him the best LB we have, there is a difference between being more athletic and being better.

Marcellus
10-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Derrick Johnson has been an underachiever since he was drafted. The only thing that makes me laugh more than he complaining about not being a starter is people calling him our most talented linebacker. Based on what? What he did in college? His 40 time? He's a lazy underachiever who is soft.

Lavar Arrington Part II with less talent.

orange
10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
This is the same situation Lavar Arrington was in a few years ago and the same shit was being said. He isn't even in the league anymore.

With this statement, you reveal yourself as knowing nothing about football.

LaVar Arrington is not in the league anymore because his body was broken. Period.

Everything else you say is disqualified from consideration.

Marcellus
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
With this statement, you reveal yourself as knowing nothing about football.

LaVar Arrington is not in the league anymore because his body was broken. Period.

Everything else you say is disqualified from consideration.

He was out of league before his motorcycle accident, he did fight injuries before that as well.

Is the situation DJ is in right now not the close to Arrington's situation in 2005?

orange
10-21-2009, 05:47 PM
LaVar Arrington's first four (healthy) seasons:

339 tackles, 21.5 sacks, 32 passes defensed, 4 forced fumbles, 3 interceptions, 2 TDs;

2 All-Pro, 3 Pro Bowl selections. Underachiever?

sedated
10-21-2009, 05:48 PM
I heard that interview on the radio, and that is NOT the impression I got out of it. He is upset he's not playing, but did NOT want to be traded and admits he needs to work harder to get on the field.

Seems like a case of deceptive quoting and taking things out of context. "I'm...upset...about...playing...time...Trade me."

TheGuardian
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
LaVar Arrington's first four (healthy) seasons:

339 tackles, 21.5 sacks, 32 passes defensed, 4 forced fumbles, 3 interceptions, 2 TDs;

2 All-Pro, 3 Pro Bowl selections. Underachiever?

Then you don't know much about Arrington and his history. Marvin Lewis said he was the single most undisciplined player he had ever been around, and that he flat out didn't "get it".

And Lavar Arrington was never an all pro. So get your facts straight.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/ArriLa00.htm

NEVER an all pro.

orange
10-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Then you don't know much about Arrington and his history. Marvin Lewis said he was the single most undisciplined player he had ever been around, and that he flat out didn't "get it".

And Lavar Arrington was never an all pro. So get your facts straight.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/ArriLa00.htm

NEVER an all pro.

From YOUR OWN LINK

2001 Pro Football Weekly: 1st Team All-Conf.
Associated Press: 2nd Team All-NFL
2002 Pro Football Weekly: 1st Team All-Conf.
2003 Pro Football Weekly: 1st Team All-Conf.

Your and idiot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for what Marvin Lewis may or may not have said about Arrington (you provide no actual quote, I notice) - many angry words have passed between LaVar and his former team. The proof is in the pudding, though. Lewis STARTED Arrington in spite of his lack of discipline because he was unstoppable. Lewis didn't BENCH him to prove a point.

ncCHIEFfan
10-21-2009, 06:01 PM
lmao...you guys are funny

bevischief
10-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Can he play RT?

Mr. Laz
10-21-2009, 06:05 PM
it's funny ... people complained alot about the lack of discipline on the team for the last umpteen years and applauded that Haley was gonna "kick ass" and shape these guys up.

now they are saying that they don't care whether DJ is undisciplined and won't follow instructions ... "just play him anyway"

make up your minds

Marcellus
10-21-2009, 06:10 PM
it's funny ... people complained alot about the lack of discipline on the team for the last umpteen years and applauded that Haley was gonna "kick ass" and shape these guys up.

now they are saying that they don't care whether DJ is undisciplined and won't follow instructions ... "just play him anyway"

make up your minds

I agree. I thought DJ's previous underachievement was due to poor coaching prior to this year. I believe I was wrong.

I doubt if he was doing what was asked and putting out the effort they wouldn't be starting him. It is no different than the Bowe situation.

He has made comments about his play speaking for itself which is disturbing considering he has really not done much in his career. His comments tell you he doesn't get it.

Red Beans
10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Boo fucking hoo...maybe if he would have asked why he wasn't playing then maybe he could make some changes to his game and actually get in there. He's lazy, that's a guess but I say he's lazy.

booger
10-21-2009, 06:13 PM
At least he is upset about it and not content like he seemed a few weeks ago.

I'd still like to see him rotate at OLB on passing downs and send him after the qb. Let him take out his anger in that way.

Iowanian
10-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Waaaaaaaah.

Do what they want you to do and put in your best effort on every snap.

Simplex3
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM

Other than the fact that he under-performs for his talent and disappears for entire games? Nothing's the matter.

Simplex3
10-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Statements like these are fucking dumb.

Unrealized talent is no talent. He was on the field all the time with Herm. Anyone remember him having a big game? Ever? Big quarter, maybe.

Ebolapox
10-21-2009, 06:44 PM
What the hell DJ?

it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind :p

I keed, I keed.

Marcellus
10-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Must be a trend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmXkhdQxI4GxZvQA6dH7WsYdsLYF?slug=ap-patriots-thomas&prov=ap&type=lgns

After spending his first seven NFL seasons with the Ravens, Thomas signed a five-year, $35 million contract with the Patriots in March 2007. In his first season with New England, he had 6 1/2 sacks in the regular season and two sacks and a forced fumble in a 17-14 loss to the New York Giants in the Super Bowl. Last year, he led the Patriots with five sacks before his season ended when he broke his left arm in the ninth game.

Last Sunday, he was a healthy scratch for the first time since his rookie season in 2000. Derrick Burgess(notes) started at outside linebacker in his place and Rob Ninkovich(notes), signed as a veteran free agent on Aug. 9, got extra playing time. His one-year contract is worth $445,000.

Will Ninkovich continue to have a bigger role?

“Whatever they ask me to do I’m going to do my best and just do my role,” Ninkovich said, “do my part as best that I can.”

Decisions on which 45 players to activate usually aren’t finalized until the day of the game. Thomas participated fully in Wednesday’s practice, trying to show Belichick he belongs on the field every game.

And what must he do to convince his coach?

“Ask Bill,” Thomas said.

Ebolapox
10-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Must be a trend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmXkhdQxI4GxZvQA6dH7WsYdsLYF?slug=ap-patriots-thomas&prov=ap&type=lgns

After spending his first seven NFL seasons with the Ravens, Thomas signed a five-year, $35 million contract with the Patriots in March 2007. In his first season with New England, he had 6 1/2 sacks in the regular season and two sacks and a forced fumble in a 17-14 loss to the New York Giants in the Super Bowl. Last year, he led the Patriots with five sacks before his season ended when he broke his left arm in the ninth game.

Last Sunday, he was a healthy scratch for the first time since his rookie season in 2000. Derrick Burgess(notes) started at outside linebacker in his place and Rob Ninkovich(notes), signed as a veteran free agent on Aug. 9, got extra playing time. His one-year contract is worth $445,000.

Will Ninkovich continue to have a bigger role?

“Whatever they ask me to do I’m going to do my best and just do my role,” Ninkovich said, “do my part as best that I can.”

Decisions on which 45 players to activate usually aren’t finalized until the day of the game. Thomas participated fully in Wednesday’s practice, trying to show Belichick he belongs on the field every game.

And what must he do to convince his coach?

“Ask Bill,” Thomas said.

now THERE'S a former patriot I wouldn't mind us signing.

sedated
10-21-2009, 07:14 PM
I heard that interview on the radio, and that is NOT the impression I got out of it. He is upset he's not playing, but did NOT want to be traded and admits he needs to work harder to get on the field.

Seems like a case of deceptive quoting and taking things out of context. "I'm...upset...about...playing...time...Trade me."

that tiny quote does not give a proper summary of what DJ really said or meant.

but nothing will stop Planeteers from taking it and running, I suppose. They complain about the integrity of real journalists, but show none of their own.

boogblaster
10-21-2009, 07:26 PM
DJ should be starting ... but thats just my opinion ......

FAX
10-21-2009, 07:26 PM
DJ has the raw talent be a star in this league. So, why isn't he?

We have been provided a clue; his best game was the one in which he said Gun allowed him to "free lance" on the field. Now, we all know that "free lancing" on defense will get your team killed. There's a reason they are called "positions".

My take is that DJ is one of those guys who believes his own press releases. This isn't about natural ability. It's about work ethic and refusing to be a role player. He could start in a heartbeat if he would simply do what his coaches are asking him to do. I'm confident that Haley would rather win than watch DJ sit on the bench.

Welcome to special teams, DJ. I hope you like it there.

FAX

FAX
10-21-2009, 07:28 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the sanity check, Mr. sedated.

FAX

SAUTO
10-21-2009, 07:30 PM

We have been provided a clue; his best game was the one in which he said Gun allowed him to "free lance" on the field. Now, we all know that "free lancing" on defense will get your team killed. There's a reason they are called "positions".

My take is that DJ is one of those guys who believes his own press releases. This isn't about natural ability. It's about work ethic and refusing to be a role player. He could start in a heartbeat if he would simply do what his coaches are asking him to do. I'm confident that Haley would rather win than watch DJ sit on the bench.

FAX

but but but haley is just being an asshole, dj is our best lb. why isnt he starting? :rolleyes
Posted via Mobile Device

Oxford
10-21-2009, 07:35 PM

FAX

AS the team (as far as the defense is concerned), plays better without him in the lineup, his value on the FA market drops. Part of his motivation is that he is competing for next years contract. And if you don't play, how are you going to make the big bucks. Besides, the Chiefs could tender him an offer and make him stay.

BossChief
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
DJ is primed for a big game against SD.

Sure-Oz
10-21-2009, 07:37 PM
DJ is going to be a beast now on special teams!

Easy 6
10-21-2009, 07:40 PM

This really hits at whats been mulling around in my noodle.

He's getting confused when the schemes are changed week to week & cant be a 'system' player, he wants to be a young Junior Seau...roaring all over the field on a whim.

Bwana
10-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Dear DJ:

http://www.mirandasmoon.com/blog/stfu/wheel-stfu.jpg
http://www.photopox.com/Images/STFU/stfuhand.gif

doomy3
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
that tiny quote does not give a proper summary of what DJ really said or meant.

but nothing will stop Planeteers from taking it and running, I suppose. They complain about the integrity of real journalists, but show none of their own.

Dude, this is copy and pasted straight from Rotoworld. I didn't hear the interview, I simply saw the blurb on Rotoworld about it, so I started a thread and copied the blurb.

If you would like to enlighten us on what was really said, feel free. However, this has nothing to do with anyone's integrity as we are just commenting on what we are reading on Rotoworld.

Marcellus
10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Dude, this is copy and pasted straight from Rotoworld. I didn't hear the interview, I simply saw the blurb on Rotoworld about it, so I started a thread and copied the blurb.

If you would like to enlighten us on what was really said, feel free. However, this has nothing to do with anyone's integrity as we are just commenting on what we are reading on Rotoworld.

Even if his attitude isn't bad I think it's safe to say he wants to play and if getting traded meant he got to play he would have been fine with it.

So either way it's pretty much the same. Hopefully he is pissed enough to work hard enough to get to play.

As someone else mentioned it's a contract year so he is probably pretty upset he isn't playing but he needs to figure out what he needs to do to get to play. That seems to be the issue.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I wonder what team he'll be playing for next year.

BossChief
10-21-2009, 08:03 PM

He will be SDs new Donnie Edwards

sedated
10-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Even if his attitude isn't bad I think it's safe to say he wants to play and if getting traded meant he got to play he would have been fine with it.

in the actual interview (all 3 minutes of it, not 2 sentences), the reporter asked him 3 times, 3 different ways, if being traded would have been a positive or benefitted him personally. He said no every time. He didn't waver, didn't even give a TonyG politician answer, just said "no", then said he needs to work harder, then praised the coaching staff.

Bwana
10-21-2009, 08:07 PM

The Lions

KCUnited
10-21-2009, 08:08 PM
DJ is primed for a big game against SD.
He may of been until those quotes, now forcing some fumbles on special teams are about as big as he can go this Sunday.

KC kid
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Look, I will get bashed for this, but I don't care. I remember when DJ came in out of Texas. I as so excited. Then, I went back and checked out his scouting combine tapes. Included in this were photos of DJ with no shirt. I was shocked to see how much body fat he carried. From what I have seen in locker room interviews, he has maintained this fat throughout his professional career. It really makes me wonder if he works hard or is just a guy that gets by on what God gave him. I do not know anything about his intelligence, but I am going to guess it plays into it as well. Pioli and Haley want smart, hard-working players. I think DJ may be the opposite of this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2009, 08:25 PM

Yeah, it's lighting a fire under his ass to GTFO of KC.

It may be the best thing for him, but it might not be the best thing for us.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2009, 08:26 PM
He was handed his starting job with zero competition while Herm was here...it ruined him...

Oh, bullfuck. Who in the shit have we had at LB over the last 10 years that has had half the talent of Johnson?

That's not to mention that your chronology is off. He was a starter, and the team's best LB, before Herm even got here.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh, bullfuck. Who in the shit have we had at LB over the last 10 years that has had half the talent of Johnson?

That's not to mention that your chronology is off. He was a starter, and the team's best LB, before Herm even got here.

He was a first-round pick. Of course he was gonna start.

And yes, he was the most talented LB. But the Chiefs made no effort to challenge him whatsoever. They treated him like he was an All-Pro. Is it any wonder he has this attitude now?

doomy3
10-21-2009, 08:37 PM
He was a first-round pick. Of course he was gonna start.

And yes, he was the most talented LB. But the Chiefs made no effort to challenge him whatsoever. They treated him like he was an All-Pro. Is it any wonder he has this attitude now?

I still think this "attitude" is make believe, and Haley is working to prove a point that isn't there. Yeah, he isn't all over the field making plays like you would hope a first round pick would, but he is a solid LB.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 08:39 PM
The Lions

Jim Schwartz would turn him into a heck of a linebacker.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I still think this "attitude" is make believe, and Haley is working to prove a point that isn't there.

I disagree completely. I don't think Haley would jeopardize the team just to make a bullshit point. I think he truly believes DJ's attitude is linked to his inconsistent performance and a more consistent player like Demorrio is better for the team right now.

doomy3
10-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I disagree completely. I don't think Haley would jeopardize the team just to make a bullshit point. I think he truly believes DJ's attitude is linked to his inconsistent performance and a more consistent player like Demorrio is better for the team right now.

I have no idea why anyone would think this right now. I think most of what Haley is doing right now with several players is trying to "prove his point."

stormtrooper
10-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Fuck Haley for alienating DJ. He makes plays when he is in

DaWolf
10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah, it's lighting a fire under his ass to GTFO of KC.

It may be the best thing for him, but it might not be the best thing for us.

Best thing for us is getting players who want to try and be great players. If Johnson is satisfied being an OK player, there's plenty of those guys for a lot less money than what DJ wants. So far his "talent" hasn't produced crap for us...

HemiEd
10-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Look, I will get bashed for this, but I don't care. I remember when DJ came in out of Texas. I as so excited. Then, I went back and checked out his scouting combine tapes. Included in this were photos of DJ with no shirt. I was shocked to see how much body fat he carried. From what I have seen in locker room interviews, he has maintained this fat throughout his professional career. It really makes me wonder if he works hard or is just a guy that gets by on what God gave him. I do not know anything about his intelligence, but I am going to guess it plays into it as well. Pioli and Haley want smart, hard-working players. I think DJ may be the opposite of this.
Yeah, I remember those pictures, and have posted it before. He didn't look up to all the press I was reading about him, or should I say fit the image that projected. He certainly didn't look like an above average athlete.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-21-2009, 10:17 PM
22 guys off the street, muthafucka.

Simplex3
10-21-2009, 10:20 PM
22 guys off the street, muthafucka.

He's halfway there with more than half the season to go. :)

As for all you guys touting DJ as an obvious starter:

Show us a three game stretch in his NFL career where he had 7+ tackles and one int/fumble/sack in each game. He hasn't. He isn't a game changer. He's at best inconsistent and most frequently a disappearing act.

Tribal Warfare
10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
The Lions

Chicago or Tennessee

TheGuardian
10-22-2009, 05:38 AM
From YOUR OWN LINK

2001 Pro Football Weekly: 1st Team All-Conf.
2002 Pro Football Weekly: 1st Team All-Conf.
2003 Pro Football Weekly: 1st Team All-Conf.

Your and idiot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for what Marvin Lewis may or may not have said about Arrington (you provide no actual quote, I notice) - many angry words have passed between LaVar and his former team. The proof is in the pudding, though. Lewis STARTED Arrington in spite of his lack of discipline because he was unstoppable. Lewis didn't BENCH him to prove a point.

A 2nd team AP IS NOT considered ALL PRO. The idiocy belongs to you. The reason it's not listed in pro football reference is because he was not named FIRST TEAM ALL PRO THUS WAS HE WAS NEVER AN ALL PRO.

Dumbass.

TheGuardian
10-22-2009, 05:40 AM
He's halfway there with more than half the season to go. :)

As for all you guys touting DJ as an obvious starter:

Show us a three game stretch in his NFL career where he had 7+ tackles and one int/fumble/sack in each game. He hasn't. He isn't a game changer. He's at best inconsistent and most frequently a disappearing act.

He's never had one more than likely. People talking about how "DJ should be in there because he makes plays" are basing that on nothing.

I wonder if Haley is stretching this out in order to show Johnson how much he needs to focus? Bowe got "it" pretty quickly. DJ seems to be taking longer to come around. We'll see what happens.

orange
10-22-2009, 06:17 AM
A 2nd team AP IS NOT considered ALL PRO.

According to WHOM? Pro-Football-Reference.com's labelling format? ROFL

You really ARE an idiot... not AM one.

p.s.

Even PFR knows better ...

here's their actual All-Pro pages for 2001 and 2003 ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001/allpro.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003/allpro.htm

You'll notice LaVar Arrington's name on both pages, right where it belongs.

TheGuardian
10-22-2009, 06:52 AM
According to WHOM? Pro-Football-Reference.com's labelling format? ROFL

You really ARE an idiot... not AM one.

p.s.

Even PFR knows better ...

here's their actual All-Pro pages for 2001 and 2003 ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001/allpro.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003/allpro.htm

You'll notice LaVar Arrington's name on both pages, right where it belongs.

I don't know what you don't get about this. The guy was 2nd team. Which means he was NOT an all pro selection. It's like being an alternate in the pro bowl. It doesn't really mean anything. Being listed as an ALL PRO means you were a first team selection. Got it dumbass?

penchief
10-22-2009, 07:05 AM
I have no idea why anyone would think this right now. I think most of what Haley is doing right now with several players is trying to "prove his point."

I think his point is that the players who give them the best chance to win are going to play. It's not about who has the most natural ability. It's about who functions more efficiently within the team concept. If DJ isn't responding to the coaching the only other option is to play the other guy who performs his duties more proficiently.

It's amazing how many people claim to know what Haley's ulterior motives are. Too many people are buying into the media creation of Todd Haley. He's told us all along how he evaluates players and what his expectations are. Is it really surprising that players who fail in their responsibilities aren't on the field?

orange
10-22-2009, 07:05 AM
I don't know what you don't get about this. The guy was 2nd team. Which means he was NOT an all pro selection. It's like being an alternate in the pro bowl. It doesn't really mean anything. Being listed as an ALL PRO means you were a first team selection. Got it dumbass?

Dig yourself deeper, Dork.

From your gospel Pro-Football-Reference.com again:

Pro Bowler - A player is considered a pro bowler if he was named to the pro bowl as a starter, a reserve, or an injury replacement. If named to the team, a player is considered a pro bowler even if he does not attend the pro bowl due to injury.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/about/glossary.htm

LaChapelle
10-22-2009, 07:09 AM
It's ooooookay guys. The guys who will bust their ass all game can set. We'll play the guys with the most talent, even though they take plays off. That's team work!!!1 That's how you play to win the game.

TheGuardian
10-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Dig yourself deeper, Dork.

From your gospel Pro-Football-Reference.com again:

Pro Bowler - A player is considered a pro bowler if he was named to the pro bowl as a starter, a reserve, or an injury replacement. If named to the team, a player is considered a pro bowler even if he does not attend the pro bowl due to injury.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/about/glossary.htm

...and soooo on Lavar Arrington's page there do they list him as ever being an all-pro?

No. Thanks for playing dumbass.

orange
10-22-2009, 07:23 AM
...and soooo on Lavar Arrington's page there do they list him as ever being an all-pro?

Yes, they do.

As I quoted above.

2nd team AP All-NFL in 2001 and 2003.

The 2001 All-Pro Team comprises the National Football League players that were named to the Associated Press, Pro Football Writers Association, and The Sporting News All-Pro Teams in 2001. Both first and second teams are listed for the AP team. These are the three teams that are included in Total Football II: The Official Encyclopedia of the National Football League.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/2001_All-Pro_Team

TheGuardian
10-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Yes, they do.

As I quoted above.

2nd team AP All-NFL in 2001 and 2003.

The 2001 All-Pro Team comprises the National Football League players that were named to the Associated Press, Pro Football Writers Association, and The Sporting News All-Pro Teams in 2001. Both first and second teams are listed for the AP team. These are the three teams that are included in Total Football II: The Official Encyclopedia of the National Football League.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/2001_All-Pro_Team

For some reason my browser at home doesn't show that. I stand corrected.

The rest of my statements about Lavar stand however. The guy was sitting the bench healthy late in his career because he was such an undisciplined player. And IMO the guy only went to the pro bowl because he played WELL, but mostly because of draft status. Everyone knows some 5th rounder who had a year like Lavar but never made the pro bowl. High visibility counts.

DJ is like a mini Lavar. The guy doesn't have the ability of Lavar but all of the same bad habits. Except that he's softer.

TheGuardian
10-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Banks said the Marvin Lewis told him that "LaVar Arrington most undisciplined player I have ever coached"...

Lewis said that he would practice fine and stay within the scheme but that on gameday he free-lanced the whole game. He also said he was frustrated as he felt Arrington was expected to play from the higher-ups.

Banks said that Arrington is physically fine and has definitely been benched. He also said the Redskins will likely cut him next season.

there are a ton of write ups on Arrington like this out there. The guy came with more hype than any defensive player I can remember. When you factor in draft position and hype he was really a colossal bust. If DJ had gone in the top 5 like some predicted he would he'd be right there with Arrington minus the injuries. But DJ seems to have this exact same problem.

Lono
10-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Our Dline has been complete crap the whole time DJ has been here. You guys do know the Dline is supposed to keep blockers off our linebackers? The best linebackers in the NFL can't make plays when they are getting owned by olineman every play.

TheGuardian
10-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Our Dline has been complete crap the whole time DJ has been here. You guys do know the Dline is supposed to keep blockers off our linebackers? The best linebackers in the NFL can't make plays when they are getting owned by olineman every play.

This is completely false. At every level linebackers will in fact have to take on offensive linemen and it's his job to know how to stack and shed blocks. This is a fact of football.

If people can't see that Derrick Johnson is an underachiever then you are blind. there are plenty of linebackers with bad lines in front of them that play at a consistent high level. Patrick Willis was dominating from day 1. Get real.

Demonpenz
10-22-2009, 11:05 AM
dotted like i DJ's Responsiblties. Red line is what actually happens, this assuming pac man is the coach