PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Who do you want with our 1st rounder right now???

Pages : [1] 2

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 04:19 PM
One would assume we are safe to be a top 10 pick in this upcoming draft. I've heard the possibility of drafting a S, OT, NT, or even WR.

Personally at this moment I'm leaning towards taking a Safety with our first pick. Can't go wrong with either Taylor Mays or Eric Berry. Personally I want Mays. The kid is a freak of nature! 6'4", 225-pounds and probably runs some where in the 4.3 range. He was the 100/200 meter dash champ in the State of Washington coming out of high school.

What about the rest of you?

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Sanchez.....

The Franchise
:popcorn:

Reerun_KC
Oh wait you mean this year? Crap, I want Eric Berry...

Buehler445
Mays/Berry.

In the later rounds, we better draft some mofuggin Oline.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Or a Franchise RG.... Those are hard to find, better reach for one today...

Saccopoo
http://legendsrevealed.com/sports/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/vince.jpg

Reerun_KC
Mays/Berry.

In the later rounds, we better draft some mofuggin Oline.
Posted via Mobile Device

this!

Chief Henry
Best talent available. Our team is in NEED of TALENT at every position.

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
You know, the Chiefs nickel package has been putting McGraw at a LB spot (from which his old, slow ass got a sack), it might be the perfect setup for Mays.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
Best talent available. Our team is in NEED of TALENT at every position.

We better not waste it on a QB, there isnt shit worth a 1st round pick....

88TG88
Tebow

or Berry/Mays

CoMoChief
10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
1 - BPA
2 - OL
2 - OL
3 - OL
4 - OL
5 - BPA
5 - BPA

CoMoChief
Tebow

or Berry/Mays

Go to Hell.

Tebow sucks.

Reerun_KC
1 - BPA
2 - OL
2 - OL
3 - OL
4 - OL
5 - BPA
5 - BPA

I wouldnt bitch about that!

I would love to have 4-5 new OL next year on this roster...

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Didn't think about that Buehler, but Mays has the size of a LB, but the speed of a corner. I think he is someone that we could do a LOT of things with. There are many that think Mays still has a high upside. Generally kids out of USC have been pretty well tapped out, but Mays isn't one of them it seems.

Reerun_KC
Tebow

or Berry/Mays

Fail.....

Tebow?

Where you going to play him?

CoMoChief
Fail.....

Tebow?

In his ass. where both Tebow and him will like it.

RJ
Sam Bradford.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Didn't think about that Buehler, but Mays has the size of a LB, but the speed of a corner. I think he is someone that we could do a LOT of things with. There are many that think Mays still has a high upside. Generally kids out of USC have been pretty well tapped out, but Mays isn't one of them it seems.

Berry is about the same.... he is another Troy P type of player... for sure game changer...

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 04:26 PM
You know, the Chiefs nickel package has been putting McGraw at a LB spot (from which his old, slow ass got a sack), it might be the perfect setup for Mays.
Posted via Mobile Device

Super. Let's draft a nickle package guy with the #1. That'd be great. He'll look good on specific third down safety blitz packages rushing the passer.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Fail.....

Tebow?

In his ass. where both Tebow and him will like it.

Okay!

:eek:

Reerun_KC
10-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Super. Let's draft a nickle package guy with the #1. That'd be great. He'll look good on specific third down safety blitz packages rushing the passer.

Oh god, here we go..

Neither Mays nor Berry are nickel package guys... Are you that stupid?

carlos3652
10-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Since this Draft is heavily based on BPA being on D, I would Draft - S, NT, and OT in the first two rounds...

then BPA with our 3rd-5th regardless of position, but i would like OL, WR and LB to be addressed....

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Berry is similar to Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu in size. Around 5'11, 200 pounds and in the 4.3/4.4 range.

MGRS13
10-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Trade down for more picks.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Trading down would be best and one would hope one of Berry/Mays would still be available.

RJ
If Bradford is gone, I would definitely be thinking right tackle with that first pick.

shitgoose
Berry

DeezNutz

Well, that will pair nicely with the guy we picked this past April who comes out on 3rd down, right 'penz?

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:32 PM

Ummm. McGraw was the STARTING Safety in that game. I was also operating under the assumption that he would be STARTING. Sorry I wasn't more explicit.

And my comment wasn't that we should draft him FOR that, but that sort of versatility (patriot word) is valuable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
10-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Jim Zorn.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Oh god, here we go..

Neither Mays nor Berry are nickel package guys... Are you that stupid?

Mays will be when they find out that he struggles in coverage, finding the ball/direction of the play and has poor technique in his tackling. A faster Bernard Pollard.

He's this years equivalent to Vernon Davis, i.e., a physical freak of nature with off-the-charts measurements that doesn't have very good football instincts.

The Gholston crowd will love him though.

KCChiefsMan
10-21-2009, 04:36 PM
1 - BPA
2 - OL
2 - OL
3 - OL
4 - OL
5 - BPA
5 - BPA

that

DeezNutz
Mays will be when they find out that he struggles in coverage, finding the ball/direction of the play and has poor technique in his tackling. A faster Bernard Pollard.

He's this years equivalent to Vernon Davis, i.e., a physical freak of nature with off-the-charts measurements that doesn't have very good football instincts.

You're going to follow this logic with an appeal for a LT, aren't you?

RJ
Well, that will pair nicely with the guy we picked this past April who comes out on 3rd down, right 'penz?

You mean that dude who isn't supposed to do anything?

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 04:37 PM
You mean that dude who isn't supposed to do anything?

Part of the solution.

We couldn't risk him falling to Mangini because that dude knows talent.

SDChiefs
10-21-2009, 04:38 PM
A punter or kicker. If one is not available then I would have to say Mays or Berry. In that order.

BossChief
10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
If we are stuck at our spot and cant trade down, I would take Suh. If he is gone, I take Mays and dont look back.

Suh=Seymour/Reggie White (from what Ive seen of him)
Mays=Sean Taylor

Ideally, I would hope that a DT quality pass rusher was available in this draft, but it seems there wont be.

The best thing to do would be to move down in the draft and add future picks. We got a long way to go and we can use all the long term help we can get.

88TG88
10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Fail.....

Tebow?

We would have to make a new postion Tebowcat or Wildbow.

88TG88
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
If we are stuck at our spot and cant trade down, I would take Suh. If he is gone, I take Mays and dont look back.

Mays=Sean Taylor

Ideally, I would hope that a DT quality pass rusher was available in this draft, but it seems there wont be.

The best thing to do would be to move down in the draft and add future picks. We got a long way to go and we can use all the long term help we can get.

but but Dorsey is the next Warren Sapp

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:42 PM

If he is not a playmaker at the safety position, he should be excluded. But we'll see what the scouting reports end up saying.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 04:42 PM
You're going to follow this logic with an appeal for a LT, aren't you?

Am I really that obvious?

milkman
10-21-2009, 04:44 PM
1 - BPA
2 - OL
2 - OL
3 - OL
4 - OL
5 - BPA
5 - BPA

that

You guys must have loved the last draft.

The Franchise
10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
A playmaker....plain and simple.

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 04:45 PM

Mays=Sean Taylor

I'm not sure how Suh fits into the 3-4. I thought he was a Dorsey type player.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
10-21-2009, 04:46 PM
but but Dorsey is the next Warren Sapp

in this defense we will never know...

Id also like to clarify that I think those are the style of players they match up well with, not what I would expect of them.

Expecting a player to become someone else is a trap.

milkman
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM

Mays=Sean Taylor

That would be truly awesome.

Three consecutive top 5 picks on a 5 Tech!

BWillie
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll be honest w/ you. I haven't watched Mays play much. I see he's 235. Could he ever play linebacker in the pros? You just don't see many safeties that big, anywhere. It's ridiculous.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Suh is can play either the 3-4 DE spot or a 4-3 DT.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure how Suh fits into the 3-4. I thought he was a Dorsey type player.
Posted via Mobile Device

Think of Dana Stubblefield in comparison.

He could play in both systems (4-3 & 3-4) effectively.

But the only way I'd consider him is if Dorsey was traded. Besides, he might well be off the board if the Chiefs are picking at below 3 or 4.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Sure Mays size of 6'4", 235-pounds is crazy to think of as a Safety, but his speed and lateral quickness at that size is off the charts. I think he would be a great 3-4 Safety as we can have him moving around like a bigger Troy Polamalu. Sideline to sideline of total destruction.

ILChief
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Terrence Cody. I used to be in the OL crowd but that was before we traded Tank.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 04:53 PM

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched Mays much.

DeezNutz
Sideline to sideline of total destruction.

jimp.

ChiefMojo
The one downside to Cody is you don't take him in the top 10. He is at best a mid first rounder, but likely a later first round pick.

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 04:54 PM

Ironically, so was Pioli.

Unless, that's you, Scott. If so...well...would someone like to do the honors?

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 04:54 PM
The one downside to Cody is you don't take him in the top 10. He is at best a mid first rounder, but likely a later first round pick.
The same thing was rightfully said about Tyson Jackson. Scott Pioli does not give a damn about draft value. Its not his style.

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2009, 04:55 PM
I'd take Mays or Berry in the first.

By the time we get to the third round I would hope we would have taken 1 player to improve our pass rush (LB?), one to improve at WR, and one on the offensive line. But maybe someone of incredible value slips and we just won't be able to pass them up. Just don't know.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I'll be honest w/ you. I haven't watched Mays play much. I see he's 235. Could he ever play linebacker in the pros? You just don't see many safeties that big, anywhere. It's ridiculous.

Kam Chancellor of Virginia Tech is that big. Not as fast as Mays though.

I just worry about his instinctiveness on the field. He does a lot of head hunting when he gets to the ball, but he doesn't make a lot of individual plays on the ball by himself and doesn't seem to get to the play as it's staring to happen. At least to the extent of someone like Berry, Stuckey (who the Chiefs could get with one of their second rounders). His tackling is suspect as he looks to knock the piss out of someone rather than wrap up.

He is able to make up for this with his insane athletic ability, but I don't think that will cover him in the pros as much as it does in college.

From what I've read, he's very capable of putting on an additional 20 to 30 pounds almost immediately. He might be better suited as an OLB in a 4-3 or a Mike LB in a 3-4 at the next level if he can truly add that type of weight and still maintain his athleticism. But I wouldn't advocate spending a first round pick on a guy who has questionable ball skills at the safety or a project at linebacker.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 04:58 PM

Three games last year, two games this year. He didn't look very good against Notre Dame.

ChiefMojo
Here is a article dealing with Mays and his size/speed combination.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/12/04/sports/s114749S08.DTL

milkman

He said as much in the "Mockery of a draft" thread in the draft forum.

He has a lot of solid draft takes, so I'm not going to be too critical of his take on Mays.

But Mays will be a difference making playmaker at safety in the next level.

You just can't find that combination of speed, size, and discipline all that often.

He will have to improve his tackling technique, but he is going to be the prototype by the time he's done.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM

Boo Robinson in the second would be a better alternative than Cody.

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM

He has a lot of solid draft takes, so I'm not going to be too critical of his take on Mays.

You just can't find that combination of speed, size, and discipline all that often.

He will have ro improve his tackiling technique, but he is going to be the prototype by th etime he's done.

Bago'shit :D is a solid poster and seems to know his draft prospects. But someone is going to have to reconcile this knowledge with his desire to draft a RT in the top 3.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
If we don't take Mays or Berry, my next pick of the Safeties is Darrell Stucky of Kansas. He is very similar in size/speed as Berry. Likely could get him in the 2nd/3rd round range.

58kcfan89
10-21-2009, 05:04 PM

He will have ro improve his tackiling technique, but he is going to be the prototype by th etime he's done.

He shouldn't have to improve his tackling by the time he hits the NFL. As far as him as a S, I'd love Mays if we had a S who could cover a WR/TE/anyone and make a play on the ball, allowing Mays to more or less roam around & head hunt. That being said, we don't have any Ss that can cover, so I don't think he'd be that effective in our secondary. I'll take Berry.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 05:08 PM
From what I've read, he's very capable of putting on an additional 20 to 30 pounds almost immediately. He might be better suited as an OLB in a 4-3 or a Mike LB in a 3-4 at the next level if he can truly add that type of weight and still maintain his athleticism. But I wouldn't advocate spending a first round pick on a guy who has questionable ball skills at the safety or a project at linebacker.

You know, he very well could pull an Urlacher and do this. Urlacher was a huge, devastingly athletic guy when he played safety at New Mexico. Used a lot like USC uses Mays - kind of a hybrid LB/safety player.

The change to MLB in the NFL hasn't hurt Brian any:

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/brian-urlacher-boob-tit-photo.jpg

Hammock Parties
10-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Used a lot like USC uses Mays - kind of a hybrid LB/safety player.

Isn't Mays used mostly as a centerfielder?

BWillie
10-21-2009, 05:17 PM
If we don't take Mays or Berry, my next pick of the Safeties is Darrell Stucky of Kansas. He is very similar in size/speed as Berry. Likely could get him in the 2nd/3rd round range.

Stuckey is looking great this year. But he plays on such a bad defense, sometimes it's hard to tell. He comes flying in making tackles and plays from all over hell. I thought if anything his draft status would fall, but it appears he's doing just fine.

chiefs1111
10-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I want a game changing,play maker

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I think there are probably 4-5 big time Safeties in this class, but Mays and Berry is Pro-Bowl game changers imho.

GoHuge
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
1 - BPA
2 - OL
2 - OL
3 - OL
4 - OL
5 - BPA
5 - BPASign me up! At least both seconds. Get the best Right tackle on the board and the best guard. In the secong round those two would be pretty studly guys. I wouldn't mind moving BW down to center if he's going to be here next year. Alot of people think that's his best position anyway. Hopefully Albert works out at LT and if he does I'd put that new guard between him and Waters. On the right side you'll have that new monster RT and pick up a really good guard in FA and your set. Just some ideas and I'm well aware of the fact I'm not a NFL personnel guy.

Rain Man
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I'd really hope for an elite WR or OT or maybe rushing OLB. I love safeties and we need one or two or three, but you can get a retread like Brian Dawkins for a year at safety. I don't think safeties are good first-round investments.

Use the second-round pick on the top G or C around, and then use the other second-round pick on another G or C or OT if we don't take an OT in the 1st. Gotta solve the line problem.

sedated
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
always take the BPA.

the draft is about the future, the next 4-10 years, not just next year.

our OLine wouldn't be the worst in the NFL now if we would have taken some OLinemen in 2003-2005 when we had the best OLine in football.

CrazyPhuD
10-21-2009, 05:57 PM
You have to love the raw measureables on mays. However you also have to worry a bit if people will fall in love with the athlete and not measure him on his football skills. Still would be interesting, but always in the back of the head is the concern if he'll be worth the pick. High safety picks are rare and even if we convert him to MLB, high MLB picks are rare too. You'd have to get someone like ray lewis to be sure he was worth the expense. Just because you can pay less for a good one, rather than say and elite linemen or WR or QB.

Kyle DeLexus
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Isn't Mays used mostly as a centerfielder?

Yes.

He's their cover guy that allows others to be playmakers. In the draft forum someone said it best. If you draft Mays it's like having one guy that can do the job of two and that makes your whole defense that much better.

I would love to get either Berry or Mays in the first since a Suh or Dunlap won't fit our scheme(Suh's case being we already drafted our 5-tech's in the top 5 the last two years). If a top receiver falls to the 2nd take them if not we have so many holes on this team you take best player available throughout. If two guys grade out the same take the olineman. That's just what I'd do of course.

It'd be nice to fill a couple spots on the Oline, get a NT, LBer or 2, WR, and S. We do only have so many picks though so looks like it'll be another 2 years before we have a chance to be playoff bound.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Most Valuable Player on the board

it's not like we can't make room for a stud anywhere on this team.

WildTurkey
10-21-2009, 06:05 PM
I would love Berry or Mays... but we will probably end up with Terrence Cody

kepp
10-21-2009, 06:22 PM
1 - E.Berry / Dez Bryant
2 - D.Stuckey / A. Benn
2 - OL
OL, OL, OL...
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
10-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Berry with the one.

Kris O'Dowd with the first second, assuming he declares early.

Chiefnj2
10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
1. Berry
2a. Best pass rusher

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2009, 07:49 PM
It's gotta be a safety. If it's not Berry or Mays, then fuck shit.

KC Jones
10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I have no take, it's still too early in the year for me to spend much time thinking about draft picks. However, if we go Defense we're soft up the middle (NT, ILB, S), and on offense about the only players I feel good about are Cassel, Bowe, and Wade. You could swap out the whole frickin O-line and be improved.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 07:56 PM

If you think Mays struggles in coverage when he's spent 4 years as a cover 1 deep safety, you are a moron.

Getting picks and being good at coverage are not the same thing, he doesn't have good ball skills, that however doesn't mean he sucks at coverage.

Also Mays despite his size is and has always been a FS not a SS so awesome comparison to Pollard there.

HolmeZz
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Berry. We have a ton of holes, might as well fill one with the best player in the draft.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Again you can't go wrong with either Mays or Berry! If you want play makers, then you draft one of the two.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
From the sounds of it, a good majority of posters want Berry or Mays in the first. That makes me happy; we're not going to have the epic-scale division over the pick like we had last year. It's shaping up to be the Safety camp vs the "Franchise Right Tackle" camp... much better than the QB vs Jesus Curry vs Left Tackle (vs Crabtree) debacle of 2009.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:02 PM
From the sounds of it, a good majority of posters want Berry or Mays in the first. That makes me happy; we're not going to have the epic-scale division over the pick like we had last year. It's shaping up to be the Safety camp vs the "Franchise Right Tackle" camp... much better than the QB vs Jesus Curry vs Left Tackle (vs Crabtree) debacle of 2009.

It'll move as the draft gets closer.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 09:03 PM

Don't forget about the Terrence Cody lovers.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Terrence Cody is the pick I'm expecting so I can puke.

OctoberFart
10-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Well if you are going to pay a QB that holds onto the ball and takes a bunch of sacks all in the while you pay him 60 million KC better invest in OL.

BossChief
10-21-2009, 09:11 PM

for you what is the worse scenario, if we took Orakpo last year or Cody next?

At least Cody can be a 2down dominator, if he is handled properly.

GoHuge
10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
If we do go safety I'd rather go with Mays. Berry looks like more of a ball hawk while Mays is faster and looks like a better overall football player. I just think Mays brings more to the table. Put ten more pounds on him and he could also be the fastest linebacker in the NFL. Somebody made an Urlacher reference to him earlier and you could go that way with him as well. He's that physical of a player.

WildTurkey
10-21-2009, 09:15 PM

Better get the puke bucket ready.... Cody is def going to be the pick :eek:

WildTurkey
10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
If we do go safety I'd rather go with Mays. Berry looks like more of a ball hawk while Mays is faster and looks like a better overall football player. I just think Mays brings more to the table. Put ten more pounds on him and he could also be the fastest linebacker in the NFL. Somebody made an Urlacher reference to him earlier and you could go that way with him as well. He's that physical of a player.

Truth is you wouldn't go wrong with either one of them.... they are both going to be special players

Kyle DeLexus
10-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Better get the puke bucket ready.... Cody is def going to be the pick :eek:

It could be Cody it could be someone else, but I highly doubt it'll be one of the safeties honestly.

irishjayhawk
10-21-2009, 09:29 PM
1 - E.Berry / Dez Bryant
2 - D.Stuckey / A. Benn
2 - OL
OL, OL, OL...
Posted via Mobile Device

I was waiting for someone to jump on your D. Stuckey pick in the 2nd. Color me surprised.

salame
10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.huskerextra.com/content/articles/2009/01/11/football/doc49694670de751820334516.jpg

this guy

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Oh, gee. The DL-for-some-inexplicable-reason crowd is going to be vociferously debating whether to go for Cody or Suh.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I would like for them to end this Mike Brown BS to see if Morgan can actually play or not. It would make a difference between Berry and Mays for me. Mays could play SS, which I think could be his best position, which would we could by with Page at FS.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 09:37 PM
http://www.huskerextra.com/content/articles/2009/01/11/football/doc49694670de751820334516.jpg

this guy

Suh is the same position as Tyson Jackson in the Chiefs defense. Considering that Dorsey is an end in the 3-4, a draft selection of Suh would mean that the team would have drafted at least four 3-4 DE in three years. That isn't going to happen.

milkman
10-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Oh, gee. The DL-for-some-inexplicable-reason crowd is going to be vociferously debating whether to go for Cody or Suh.

As I said earlier, it will just be awesome to use 3 consecutive top 5 picks on 5 Techs.

We'll rewrite the book on positional value.

We'll be the trendsetters.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 09:40 PM
As I said earlier, it will just be awesome to use 3 consecutive top 5 picks on 5 Techs.

We'll rewrite the book on positional value.

We'll be the trendsetters.
Counting Magee it would be four 3-4 DE in three years. Hilarious.

acesn8s
10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
One would assume we are safe to be a top 10 pick in this upcoming draft. I've heard the possibility of drafting a S, OT, NT, or even WR.

Personally at this moment I'm leaning towards taking a Safety with our first pick. Can't go wrong with either Taylor Mays or Eric Berry. Personally I want Mays. The kid is a freak of nature! 6'4", 225-pounds and probably runs some where in the 4.3 range. He was the 100/200 meter dash champ in the State of Washington coming out of high school.

What about the rest of you?I think I want some talent.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Only the Chiefs in a year of elite talent would take the fat slob.

salame
10-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Suh is the same position as Tyson Jackson in the Chiefs defense. Considering that Dorsey is an end in the 3-4, a draft selection of Suh would mean that the team would have drafted at least four 3-4 DE in three years. That isn't going to happen.

Darnell Dockett is 6ft 4 in and 285 BUT he is a special player
Ndamukong Suh is 6ft 4 in and 305 and looks like he can add weight to his frame
AND is a special player.

I think he is elusive enough and has enough moves to be successful

I really want Taylor Mays the most but it will never happen

Reaper16
Does anyone think that Cody is in the same realm as Vince Wilfork?

Reaper16
Darnell Dockett is 6ft 4 in and 285 BUT he is a special player
Ndamukong Suh is 6ft 4 in and 305 and looks like he can add weight to his frame
AND is a special player.

I think he is elusive enough and has enough moves to be successful

I really want Taylor Mays the most but it will never happen
I like Suh an awful lot, but not for the Chiefs.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:48 PM
No...Cody to me is a really fat guy who gets by on the college level because he is literally 80lbs heavier then most guys trying to block him.

He never gets in the backfield, he's 2 down player...who wants to use a top 10 pick on a lazy guy who's a 2 down player? Not to mention there's the risk that once he gets paid he gets even fatter and lazier.

Cody carries a ton of risk.

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Does anyone think that Cody is in the same realm as Vince Wilfork?

Scientifically speaking? Probably.

salame
10-21-2009, 09:50 PM

So who do you want then?

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
He's saying it would be stupid to take Suh with what the Chiefs already have on their roster, and it's true, unless you think they're going to trade Dorsey or something.

irishjayhawk
10-21-2009, 09:52 PM

If we hadn't just taken Dorsey, he'd be my #1.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
So who do you want then?
Mays or Berry, duh. Upgrading the team's dismal safety corps with one of two rare talents only makes perfect sense.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I fully expect as the draft gets closer and more people who don't follow it start to chime into debates we'll have the "I don't want a fucking safety" group...probably led by Laz.

salame
10-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Mays or Berry, duh. Upgrading the team's dismal safety corps with one of two rare talents only makes perfect sense.

Which is what I want the most too but I don't see it happening

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Which is what I want the most too but I don't see it happening
Me either. I expect Pioli to take the NT where ever it is that the Chiefs pick first. He doesn't seem to give a fuck about draft value; he just wants the players that he wants.

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 09:58 PM
I fully expect as the draft gets closer and more people who don't follow it start to chime into debates we'll have the "I don't want a ****ing safety" group...probably led by Laz.

When was the last time a safety was ever selected with a top 3 pick? And you fuckers were worried about draft value? Fuck. Give me the o-lineman. /CP/

salame
Me either. I expect Pioli to take the NT where ever it is that the Chiefs pick first. He doesn't seem to give a **** about draft value; he just wants the players that he wants.

they sure wont be able to move out of their spot I know that

Buehler445
Me either. I expect Pioli to take the NT where ever it is that the Chiefs pick first. He doesn't seem to give a fuck about draft value; he just wants the players that he wants.

I think that's probably the case. But surely he's not dumb enough to omit finding some playmakers SOMEWHERE.

Mecca
Eric Turner was the 2nd overall pick back in the day.

dirk digler
10-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Berry
If he is gone OL

Pioli Zombie
Must be a quarterback. A 22 year old quarterback. It doesn't matter if he can even play or not. All that's important is that's he's 22 and Mecca says he's good. Its ok if he sucks. Its ok if all he does is throw interceptions. He'll be 22 so nobody can complain.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
I think that's probably the case. But surely he's not dumb enough to omit finding some playmakers SOMEWHERE.

If you wanna be honest...

What playmakers has NE ever drafted? Specifically with a high pick...

All their high picks have either been linemen or busts...something to ponder.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Must be a quarterback. A 22 year old quarterback. It doesn't matter if he can even play or not. All that's important is that's he's 22 and Mecca says he's good. Its ok if he sucks. Its ok if all he does is throw interceptions. He'll be 22 so nobody can complain.
Posted via Mobile Device

Go post on your Patriots board, you add nothing here, all you do is make stupid baiting posts that make no sense.

Go fuck yourself up the ass with an aids tree.

Buehler445
10-21-2009, 10:01 PM

I feel you dude. But the bottom line is they did find them. Some of them late in the draft some of them FAs.

But he HAS to get some. It is critical.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Well if we would have done that last year we could actually be drafting the best defensive player this year.

salame
10-21-2009, 10:03 PM
When was the last time a safety was ever selected with a top 3 pick? And you ****ers were worried about draft value? ****. Give me the o-lineman. /CP/

LaRon Landry was taken at 6
Michael Huff at 7
Sean Taylor at 5
Roy Williams at 8
going back to 97" those were the highest safety picks

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Michael Huff at 7
Sean Taylor at 5
Roy Williams at 8

Might as well put that in your sig. because that list will be quoted about 12,000 times between now and April.

The push to draft an o-lineman to protect our "franchise" QB will be strong...

Pioli Zombie
10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Go post on your Patriots board, you add nothing here, all you do is make stupid baiting posts that make no sense.

Go fuck yourself up the ass with an aids tree.

My goodness I hit a nerve. You've never LOST it like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Nothing annoys me more than people that want to take a position just because even if the best player at that position does not compare to other players taken that high.

Anyone that takes a QB top 10 this year is a retard, anyone that takes an OT top 10 this year is also a retard.

ChiefsCountry
Michael Huff at 7
Sean Taylor at 5
Roy Williams at 8

91 with Eric Turner drafted by Belichick in Cleveland.

L.A. Chieffan
Teeeebow.
Teeeebow.

here we go tebow, here we go.

dirk digler

That is not entirely true. Jerod Mayo is going to be a very good player and is a playmaker.

Also I wouldn't be complaining if we took Seymour, Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork would you?

Pioli Zombie
10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Well if we would have done that last year we could actually be drafting the best defensive player this year.
Oh sure, because the 22 year old who can't effen play would have solidified the qb position. Uh-huh.
Posted via Mobile Device

salame
Might as well put that in your sig. because that list will be quoted about 12,000 times between now and April.

The push to draft an o-lineman to protect our "franchise" QB will be strong...

Well I think Mays is better than any of those guys though

DeezNutz
Also I wouldn't be complaining if we took Seymour, Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork would you?

Luckily, we're 1/3 of the way there already, assuming Jackson regresses.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh sure, because the 22 year old who can't effen play would have solidified the qb position. Uh-huh.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its funny how you spew all this about Sanchez, when you were actually saying that the Chiefs should take him before trading for Cassel.

dirk digler
Luckily, we're 1/3 of the way there already, assuming Jackson regresses.

I saw what you did there.

WhitiE
Nothing annoys me more than people that want to take a position just because even if the best player at that position does not compare to other players taken that high.

Anyone that takes a QB top 10 this year is a retard, anyone that takes an OT top 10 this year is also a retard.

yup and thats why i think were gonna....

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Finally, some nuance is added to this thread.

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Why don't you go ahead and tell us whom you believe the Chiefs should target in the upcoming draft.

Who is this player? What are his strengths and weaknesses and how would he fit into the current trajectory of the franchise?

dirk digler
10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
PZ if you want to talk about Sanchez go elsewhere please.

Kyle DeLexus
10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah this is getting old. We get it you don't like Sanchez and disagree with the people that wanted him....get over it and move on to something new.

Micjones
10-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Eric Berry.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
PZ if you want to talk about Sanchez go elsewhere please.

The dumbass Patriot fuck head troll started it.

Pioli Zombie
10-21-2009, 10:14 PM

Anyone who took a QB other than Stafford this last draft is a retard.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Negative attention is still attention?!? Fucks, yes111

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
The Giants were retarded for drafting a high-upside QB in Rhett Bomar in the 5th. Rams? Retarded for taking a flyer on a D-II project like Keith Null.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

If that's true Clark really wants a QB and a qb is going to be the pick then I would go for sanchez because he has more potential upside. I'm afraid stafford is just going to be a mediocre brian greise level qb. He's the "safer" pick but the chiefs need to go for great. Draft sanchez then just as happened with elway and montana, sign a garcia to be steve deberg and mentor the kid and takes the hits until the line gets improved. Just my take on it.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5525132&postcount=8

Somebody just really shut the fuck up about all of this. You piece of Patriot shit.

Pioli Zombie
10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Its funny how you spew all this about Sanchez, when you were actually saying that the Chiefs should take him before trading for Cassel.

How far ahead of the draft was that? I'm not above admitting I can change my mind. I didn't think they could get Cassel. Once that happened I was thrilled. But you guys have had ample time to see both qbs and to still be ragging on Cassel and holding on to your positions that Sanchez is nearly the quarterback is pretty thick.

Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
10-22-2009, 03:31 AM
Eric Turner was the 2nd overall pick back in the day.

I got some personal coaching back in the day from him. He went to my HS and came back every summer to help out.

Great dude, taken before his time.

RIP Eric

El Jefe
10-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Eric Berry is my first pick, pick 1a would be Mays.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 08:25 AM

so you think we will draft a Qb this year? if not what does your post have to do with ANYTHING?

Lono
10-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Dez Bryant in the 1st, then pick up Myron Rolle. We get the best wideout and Rolle will be a ball hawk.

Demonpenz
10-22-2009, 08:31 AM
I haven't seen enough reports what not, but I don't think albert is the answer at LT, get him moved if there is a stud left O tackle. If not just get a fucking playmaker, no more dorsey's or jacksons please

KcFanInGA
10-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Eric Berry or the best wideout available, we need playmakers everywhere, but for those early picks secondary or WR should be addressed. You like that run-on sentence?

KcFanInGA
10-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Anybody got the names of the better Wr's in the upcoming draft? That's an area I haven't looked into much yet. Also in the later rounds if Jonathan Dwyer is there I'd take him. I don't think we are as deep at RB as some think, unless Kolby shows something good when he is finally healed.

KcFanInGA
10-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Mecca, what do you think of Arrellius (sp?) Benn? I watched some video on him and was curious to what you know about him as far as negatives.

Saccopoo
10-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Mecca, what do you think of Arrellius (sp?) Benn? I watched some video on him and was curious to what you know about him as far as negatives.

He's having a really bad year for whatever reason. It would be my guess that he probably stays in school and doesn't enter the draft, especially if other underclassmen declare like Mike Williams of Syracuse, Damian Williams of USC and Golden Tate of Notre Dame. I'm assuming that Dez Bryant comes out due to the NCAA thing.

Best receiver in the Big Ten right now is Eric Decker.

Demonpenz
10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
3rd times a charm for a guy named mike williams

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 09:19 AM

I'd think it'd be tough to get a read on him because Juice Fucking Williams throwing the ball to him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 09:27 AM
He's having a really bad year for whatever reason. It would be my guess that he probably stays in school and doesn't enter the draft, especially if other underclassmen declare like Mike Williams of Syracuse, Damian Williams of USC and Golden Tate of Notre Dame. I'm assuming that Dez Bryant comes out due to the NCAA thing.

Best receiver in the Big Ten right now is Eric Decker.

Does Golden Tate have what it takes to be a playmaker at the next level?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
10-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Benn - catches ball with body, not hands. Is listed as 6'2", but appears shorter.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2009, 09:35 AM
It's gotta be a safety.
:shake:

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Benn - catches ball with body, not hands. Is listed as 6'2", but appears shorter.

OOFTA
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
10-22-2009, 10:13 AM
OOFTA
Posted via Mobile Device
whaaa? :hmmm:

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 10:51 AM
whaaa? :hmmm:

You've never heard oofta?
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 10:53 AM
It's not an acronym.

It's more like OMGWTF

Or

Holy Shit!

Or

You've fucked up so badly it's incomprehensible.
Posted via Mobile Device

kepp
10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I was waiting for someone to jump on your D. Stuckey pick in the 2nd. Color me surprised.

Yeah, I threw up in my mouth a little when I typed that though.

RustShack
10-22-2009, 11:04 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

RustShack
10-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Will the people who are serious about the Chiefs drafting Suh please put a gun to their head and pull the trigger?

Saccopoo
10-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I threw up in my mouth a little when I typed that though.

I don't know why. He's having a really nice year. Has shown really nice recover speed, and looks to relish contact. Very instinctive as well.

salame
10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Anybody got the names of the better Wr's in the upcoming draft? That's an area I haven't looked into much yet. Also in the later rounds if Jonathan Dwyer is there I'd take him. I don't think we are as deep at RB as some think, unless Kolby shows something good when he is finally healed.

Dwyer will be a 1st round pick

El Jefe
10-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah he does IMO.

El Jefe
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM
As far as if we dont go safety in the first or pass on Myron Rolle, I wouldn't mind seeing Kurt Coleman in a Chiefs uniform. He is the leader of our Buckeye defense and he is a ball hawk playmaker, and he could be had in the middle rounds.

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2009, 11:57 AM
so you think we will draft a Qb this year? if not what does your post have to do with ANYTHING?

You are a fucking moran. It means if we would have drafted Sanchez last year we could take the best player in the draft this year in Suh.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 12:05 PM
You are a fucking moran. It means if we would have drafted Sanchez last year we could take the best player in the draft this year in Suh.

well you must be the idiot, drafting sanchez would have NOTHING to do with suh.

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
well you must be the idiot, drafting sanchez would have NOTHING to do with suh.

Okay dumbass listen, we drafted Tyson Jackson last year, Dorsey is here. Suh plays the same damn position as those two. If we had drafted Sanchez we dont take Jackson. Suh would be logical choice then.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Okay dumbass listen, we drafted Tyson Jackson last year, Dorsey is here. Suh plays the same damn position as those two. If we had drafted Sanchez we dont take Jackson. Suh would be logical choice then.

arent you one of the crying assholes about taking a 5tech at 3 and paying him sooooo much? yeah thats you. now it would be ok because YOU think it is? again you are the idiot in this conversation. duplicity is your word of the day. learn it love it
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravedigger
10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
I wouldnt bitch about that!

I would love to have 4-5 new OL next year on this roster...

You mean 4-5 new STARTING OL next year on this roster...

The Franchise
10-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes....yes he does.

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2009, 12:36 PM
arent you one of the crying assholes about taking a 5tech at 3 and paying him sooooo much? yeah thats you. now it would be ok because YOU think it is? again you are the idiot in this conversation. duplicity is your word of the day. learn it love it
Posted via Mobile Device

Nope I said to draft Tyson Jackson on draft day and don't mind the pick but Suh blows him away.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Nope I said to draft Tyson Jackson on draft day and don't mind the pick but Suh blows him away.

so you were good with it? then why are you always bringing up sanchez? i think you will say whatever to make yourself "look" right. douchebag
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2009, 12:46 PM
so you were good with it? then why are you always bringing up sanchez? i think you will say whatever to make yourself "look" right. douchebag
Posted via Mobile Device

I still think Sanchez would have been the better pick for this franhcise. The team backed its self into a hole on draft day though and I thought Jackson was the right pick for what the idiots created.

kepp
10-22-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't know why. He's having a really nice year. Has shown really nice recover speed, and looks to relish contact. Very instinctive as well.

Because he's a kU player.

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah he does IMO.

Cool. Good to see a concensus answer.

I've only seen bits of ND games and he definitely plays fast, but didn't know if he could be physical enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 12:59 PM
I still think Sanchez would have been the better pick for this franhcise. The team backed its self into a hole on draft day though and I thought Jackson was the right pick for what the idiots created.

and people cry when asked why they arent a gm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Because he's a kU player.

It does worry me that he plays on such a piss poor defense. I haven't watched him specifically, but it's fairly obvious to me (IMO) that he's not a difference maker like Berry is. He's made some nice plays, but he if he were a difference maker, he'd have made that shitbox defense a little stouter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
10-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Tate is short.

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Tate is short.

And not overly stout either. Thus my concern with corners getting physical.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I could be if I wanted to. I have a Bachelor of Science in Sports Mangement and a minor in marketing. I looked into being a NFL scout, but its not worth it. Could have had an internship in it actually which more than likely leads you into a job. You are on the road all the time and the pay sucks, not exactly what I wanted to do.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I could be if I wanted to. I have a Bachelor of Science in Sports Mangement and a minor in marketing. I looked into being a NFL scout, but its not worth it. Could have had an internship in it actually which more than likely leads you into a job. You are on the road all the time and the pay sucks, not exactly what I wanted to do.

LMAO yeah i'm sure you could be a gm "IF YOU WANTED" LMAO there are a metric shit ton of guys out there that say the exact same thing and have the same qualifications.LMAO if you wantedLMAO

DeezNutz
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
LMAO yeah i'm sure you could be a gm "IF YOU WANTED" LMAO there are a metric shit ton of guys out there that say the exact same thing and have the same qualifications.LMAO if you wantedLMAO

Sounds like CC had a legit "in" to the business, which could have led to working in the industry as a scout, if he had wanted to.

I don't see much of a reason to mock this, unless you believe he's lying.

Easy 6
10-22-2009, 01:49 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zrpx4NAtsFQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zrpx4NAtsFQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Sounds like CC had a legit "in" to the business, which could have led to working in the industry as a scout, if he had wanted to.

I don't see much of a reason to mock this, unless you believe he's lying.

I dont think he's lying about having a chance to intern or possibly be a scout, but thats a FAR CRY from being a gm. and he ssaid he could be a GM if he wanted to.

Tell you what the next GM opening Chiefs country should send his resume and see what happens. He can always turn the job down if he gets it right?

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I dont think he's lying about having a chance to intern or possibly be a scout, but thats a FAR CRY from being a gm. and he ssaid he could be a GM if he wanted to.

Tell you what the next GM opening Chiefs country should send his resume and see what happens. He can always turn the job down if he gets it right?

I just graduated from college, I just turned down the career path to be a GM in the NFL. I would much rather do sports marketing than the pro personal side of sports.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 02:06 PM
I just graduated from college, I just turned down the career path to be a GM in the NFL. I would much rather do sports marketing than the pro personal side of sports.

dont you mean the career path to POSSIBLY be a gm? there are hundreds of guys with that same ambition

El Jefe
10-22-2009, 02:16 PM
dont you mean the career path to POSSIBLY be a gm? there are hundreds of guys with that same ambition

Im not choosing sides, but I would say not only hundreds of guys, but thousands would be more accurate IMO.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Im not choosing sides, but I would say not only hundreds of guys, but thousands would be more accurate IMO.

i would guess you are right.

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I could do what Pioli did but there is no freaking way would I want to sleep with this.
http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/w-lacros/spec-rel/082609aaa.html

DeezNutz
10-22-2009, 02:29 PM

For some reason, I read that as being a "scout" not a GM.

The latter is a long, long shot. But, hey, someone has to do it, right?

SDChiefs
10-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Does Golden like showers?

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Duh. He didn't imply that he was guaranteed a GM job in the future just that he could have been on the career arc that would culminate there if it all goes well.

L.A. Chieffan
10-22-2009, 03:17 PM
im sure a lot of people have mentioned him already but tebow fo sho

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Well back to the thread, Berry or Mays are the two that make the most sense for the Chiefs. Suh would be awesome but that would be tying up 150 million up in 3 3-4 ends. Okung is spread LT who isn't better than Albert. Dunlap is a beast who would be our pick if we were in a 4-3. We don't need a QB, Cassel looks better than this year's crop of QBs thats for sure. McCoy from Oklahoma is a 4-3 DT, so we don't need him.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 04:15 PM
For some reason, I read that as being a "scout" not a GM.

The latter is a long, long shot. But, hey, someone has to do it, right?

Duh. He didn't imply that he was guaranteed a GM job in the future just that he could have been on the career arc that would culminate there if it all goes well.
here's the conversation, i made a statement he said he could be a GM IF HE WANTED TO.
Posted via Mobile Device

then he said he could have been an intern. he started out as saying he could be a gm if he wanted to be. that sounds like he was pretty sure.

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
here's the conversation, i made a statement he said he could be a GM IF HE WANTED TO.

then he said he could have been an intern. he started out as saying he could be a gm if he wanted to be. that sounds like he was pretty sure.
Confidence is not a bad thing.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 04:19 PM
I could do what Pioli did but there is no freaking way would I want to sleep with this.

didnt he already have a job when they met? not as a gm i know but was already working with BB

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Confidence is not a bad thing.

didnt say that it was, but some people need a reality check reaper. there are many people who have worked their asses off for years and havent come close.

he said that he could be if HE wanted like he was already offered jobs and turned them downROFL

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 04:27 PM
didnt say that it was, but some people need a reality check reaper. there are many people who have worked their asses off for years and havent come close.

he said that he could be if HE wanted like he was already offered jobs and turned them downROFL

Come close? What do you mean?

I know several people with Sports Management degrees that are ALL working in some capacity or another in major sports franchises.

It takes educations, smarts, wits and passion. Plus a willingness to live like shit for a long, long time.

Most likely, those people you speak of didn't have any where near the qualifications.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Come close? What do you mean?

I know several people with Sports Management degrees that are ALL working in some capacity or another in major sports franchises.

It takes educations, smarts, wits and passion. Plus a willingness to live like shit for a long, long time.

Most likely, those people you speak of didn't have any where near the qualifications.

dane are they all GMS? are all of them even close to being a GM? honest question: how many people would you guess graduate with that same degree every year? how many GMs are there in the nfl? 32

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 05:11 PM
dane are they all GMS? are all of them even close to being a GM? honest question: how many people would you guess graduate with that same degree every year? how many GMs are there in the nfl? 32

GM's are hired and fired every year. In addition, it's fairly rare that a GM is in his 30's, let alone 40's. Look at a guy like Kevin Pritchard. He was invisible for years after his years at KU, then he's in the US Basketball league or whatever as a coach. They folded and he's now the GM at Portland.

Becoming a GM, especially once you're "IN" the sports world, isn't impossible.

CC said he chose to head down the path of marketing. Even that path won't necessarily preclude him from becoming a GM of a sports franchise down the line.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 05:14 PM
GM's are hired and fired every year. In addition, it's fairly rare that a GM is in his 30's, let alone 40's. Look at a guy like Kevin Pritchard. He was invisible for years after his years at KU, then he's in the US Basketball league or whatever as a coach. They folded and he's now the GM at Portland.

Becoming a GM, especially once you're "IN" the sports world, isn't impossible.

dane i'm not arguing any of that, he said he COULD be a gm if HE wanted to be. it's not that cut and dried. again how many graduated last year alone with the EXACT SAME degree as him?

he always plays the 1st round qb % of Sb victory card, well what would you say the % of sports management graduates end up being an NFL GM?

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 05:17 PM
This is the shittiest argument.

SAUTO
10-22-2009, 05:23 PM
This is the shittiest argument.

you know i really agree, people just keep chiming in and they are making no sense to me. all i disagreed with was the fact that he said he COULD be if HE wanted to be. thats like saying that i could be a lead nascar mechanic, i have the training. why couldnt i walk into a nascar garage and go to work and be in charge? hell i have worked on tony stewart's sprint cars. kasey kahne's too. hell i have an "in" there right? still the odds are against me, same situation as him

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 05:25 PM
*mutual dropping of shitty argument for the sake of everyone in 5*
dropped.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
dane i'm not arguing any of that, he said he COULD be a gm if HE wanted to be. it's not that cut and dried. again how many graduated last year alone with the EXACT SAME degree as him?

he always plays the 1st round qb % of Sb victory card, well what would you say the % of sports management graduates end up being an NFL GM?

The problem with your question Jason is that people often have their paths diverted along the way. You may start out with the intention of being a GM but then an opp in marketing, representation or another aspect of the business is offered, that path is taken with every intention of returning to the original path. But often times, things are going so well and these people are paid so well they say "Well, why do I want that headache now?".

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 06:05 PM
The problem with your question Jason is that people often have their paths diverted along the way. You may start out with the intention of being a GM but then an opp in marketing, representation or another aspect of the business is offered, that path is taken with every intention of returning to the original path. But often times, things are going so well and these people are paid so well they say "Well, why do I want that headache now?".
GODDAMNIT, DANE. WE DROPPED THIS SHIT. Didn't you see the post before yours? :p

Mecca
10-22-2009, 06:58 PM
:shake:

I called it!

I have the power supreme.

Rausch
10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
GODDAMNIT, DANE. WE DROPPED THIS SHIT. Didn't you see the post before yours? :p

The only time Dane drops $3it is after a high fiber meal...

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 07:02 PM
The only time Dane drops $3it is after a high fiber meal...

LMAO

el borracho
10-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Defensive playmaker- either an impact safety or a pass-rushing LB.

Failing that, I would like an impact WR with speed.

Failing that, I would like a giant, space-eating, middle of the pocket destroying NT.

boogblaster
10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
We have to shore-up our O-line period ... A NT would be fine but expecting one fresh out of college is crazy .. A NT will have to come by FA .....

Mecca
10-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't get how hard it is to understand that the Oline can be adressed in the mid rounds it does not require a top 10 pick.

el borracho
10-22-2009, 07:17 PM
We have to shore-up our O-line period ... A NT would be fine but expecting one fresh out of college is crazy .. A NT will have to come by FA .....

Oh, I don't think anyone would argue against drafting some Olinemen but I wouldn't do that with our top 5 pick. I would do that with rounds two through five. I would like to see us use the top five pick on someone that will change games.

Mecca
10-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh, I don't think anyone would argue against drafting some Olinemen but I wouldn't do that with our top 5 pick. I would do that with rounds two through five. I would like to see us use the top five pick on someone that will change games.

We didn't do either last year, it was brilliant.

Kyle DeLexus
10-22-2009, 07:25 PM

Thats Amanda Belichick, Pioli is sleeping with Dallas Pioli or Dallas Parcells. Wrong daughter.

el borracho
10-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Agreed, this most recent offseason was a disappointment. Cassel does not look special nor do any of our draft picks. Seriously, can you imagine any of our most recent acquisitions becoming all-pros? I can't.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Agreed, this most recent offseason was a disappointment. Cassel does not look special nor do any of our draft picks. Seriously, can you imagine any of our most recent acquisitions becoming all-pros? I can't.

Disappointment is an understatement.

BTW, who's the dude in your avatar?

Mecca
10-22-2009, 07:32 PM
I can't imagine Scott Pioli's wife being good looking...she's Parcells daughter and married to a big fat bald guy.

el borracho
10-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Disappointment is an understatement.

I can use understatements because my expectations for this season were so low. Even if we had taken Sanchez instead of the trade (the smart thing to do, IMO), we would still have sucked this year.

The "dude" in my avatar is Alison Krauss.

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 07:34 PM

This. Times 9 kajillion.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 07:35 PM

LMAO

I've seen a picture of her before or heard her music. Thanks for info.

Mecca
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
This. Times 9 kajillion.

Some of our fan base hates playmakers and loves fat guys.

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 07:37 PM
I can use understatements because my expectations for this season were so low. Even if we had taken Sanchez instead of the trade (the smart thing to do, IMO), we would still have sucked this year.

How old is she? I can't ever figure it out. Are you a fan of her music?

Delano
10-22-2009, 07:37 PM

ROFL

Fuckin' Dane.

ROFL

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 07:40 PM

We have to have good lines for playmakers on either side of the ball to make plays. The Chiefs absolutely MUST address the OL and NT position. But not necessarily with the top 5er.

I think people associate spending a 1st round pick on a position as making it a priority.

Kyle DeLexus
10-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I can't imagine Scott Pioli's wife being good looking...she's Parcells daughter and married to a big fat bald guy.

Thats a good point but was Parcells ex wife hot? If her mom is hot then she has a chance. Pioli wasn't always bald you know and fat guys get chicks way out of their league all the time.

BossChief
10-22-2009, 07:41 PM

and some want to put the roof on the house before a foundation is laid.

disclaimer: I DO NOT want a olineman with our top pick.

DeezNutz
Rich dudes usually have ugly wives.

el borracho
How old is she? I can't ever figure it out. Are you a fan of her music?

According to Wikipedia, she was born the 23rd of July, 1971.

And I wouldn't say that I love all of her music, but I would say that there are a handful of songs that I adore. Her voice is angelic.

Mecca
10-22-2009, 07:42 PM
We have to have good lines for playmakers on either side of the ball to make plays. The Chiefs absolutely MUST address the OL and NT position. But not necessarily with the top 5er.

I think people associate spending a 1st round pick on a position as making it a priority.

It's just really overdone this franchise could use their 1st round pick on a offensive or defensive lineman every year and half the fan base would be happy.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Thats Amanda Belichick, Pioli is sleeping with Dallas Pioli or Dallas Parcells. Wrong daughter.

She has a face for radio.

Pioli Zombie
10-22-2009, 10:02 PM
I don't get how hard it is to understand that the Oline can be adressed in the mid rounds it does not require a top 10 pick.

You use a top 10 pick to get someone to fumble in the End Zone and throw Interceptions.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Defensive playmaker- either an impact safety or a pass-rushing LB.

Failing that, I would like an impact WR with speed.

Failing that, I would like a giant, space-eating, middle of the pocket destroying NT.

With the way Pioli drafts receivers, I wouldn't touch a receiver with a five-foot poll (that's code for "my dick")

You're right on both above. I just can't think of a single scenario where it's a good idea to pass on Berry or Mays. Unless both of them really tank in their combine or have some kind of major injury.

MadMax
10-22-2009, 10:17 PM
It's just really overdone this franchise could use their 1st round pick on a offensive or defensive lineman every year and half the fan base would be happy.

Just the shitty half that yells a lot LMAO :banghead:

MadMax
10-22-2009, 10:20 PM

Imagine what the offspring will look like. :eek::eek::Lin:

RustShack
10-22-2009, 11:44 PM
I love how people think the first round pick is the only way to upgrade the lines. ROFL