PDA

View Full Version : Poop Let's make it a poll really quick. Chiefs' 1st rounder.

Direckshun
10-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Pick from the following.

Poll to follow.

Dayze
10-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Berry for me; assuming he's there whenever we pick; or trade down and get him etc.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2009, 01:02 PM
i want Fax to be a Chief

DeezNutz
10-23-2009, 01:03 PM
The Donkey fan wants us to take Cody.

Evidence A.

Demonpenz
10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
FIX THE O LINE

Hammock Parties
10-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Mays.

Lack of speed and range on the back end is killing the team as much as any other area.

Brock
10-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Good Christ, I meant to vote for Berry.

DJ's left nut
10-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Dez Bryant, WR - Oklahoma St.

Chiefnj2
10-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Berry.

IMHO, right now I only see 2 players worthy of a top 5 selection - Berry and Suh.

Direckshun
10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Berry.

IMHO, right now I only see 2 players worthy of a top 5 selection - Berry and Suh.

Seems about right to me.

I'd add Gerald McCoy, though.

Direckshun
10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Not even freakin' close in this forum right now.

Safeties by a mile.

Reerun_KC
10-23-2009, 01:22 PM
FIX THE O LINE

You want us to draft your mom?

Reerun_KC
10-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Berry.

IMHO, right now I only see 2 players worthy of a top 5 selection - Berry and Mayes.

Agree, Berry or Mayes...

SDChiefs
10-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Gotta go with FAX at NT. He will be the disruptive force in the middle that we have so desperately been missing.

SDChiefs
10-23-2009, 01:30 PM
If not FAX, then Mays.

keg in kc
10-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Sam Bradford.

Because the meltdown on the board would be epic.

Reerun_KC
10-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Sam Bradford.

ROFL

You think?

The damn server would just shut down....

KCDC
10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Take the safety if you can't trade out of it and take OL with both 2nd round picks.

L.A. Chieffan
10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
poll fail, no tebow

HotRoute
10-23-2009, 01:43 PM
berry/mays cant give cassel any extra time in the pocket ? ? we have a decent defense/special teams right now. what has been keeping this team down is the offense's lack of production and time of possesion . the offense has to be able to sustain drives, and it will make this entire team better.

to do this we definately need a better run game, starting with our linemen and backs. they have to perform better or we need to replace them, specifically niswanger/goff/albert not to mention LJ, i honestly think if k.smith can pass block better and j.charles can run routes better then we could trade LJ and his "ego" for a draft pick.

k.smith + j.charles > L.johnson

Munson
10-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Right now, I'd like them to draft Dez Bryant. But I wouldn't be disappointed with Berry or Mays.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Dez Bryant, WR - Oklahoma St.

This.

Coogs
10-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Top 5...

Berry was my pick, but Suh and Mays would be in the discussion as well. Everyone else listed here would be outside the top 5 IMO.

O-line can be upgraded big time in rounds 2 through 5 now with three 5th round picks belonging to us. That is just in case no one has mentioned you can get O-linemen after the first round before. :)

Reerun_KC
10-23-2009, 01:55 PM
berry/mays cant give cassel any extra time in the pocket ? ? we have a decent defense/special teams right now. what has been keeping this team down is the offense's lack of production and time of possesion . the offense has to be able to sustain drives, and it will make this entire team better.

to do this we definately need a better run game, starting with our linemen and backs. they have to perform better or we need to replace them, specifically niswanger/goff/albert not to mention LJ, i honestly think if k.smith can pass block better and j.charles can run routes better then we could trade LJ and his "ego" for a draft pick.

k.smith + j.charles > L.johnson

No offense, but you need a big time playmaker out of round 1... then you can load up on OL with your 2-5 round picks... Most NFL lines are buillt in round 2-5...

DumbHillbillies
10-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Mays but would be happy with Dez Bryant also.

DJ's left nut
10-23-2009, 01:57 PM
No offense, but you need a big time playmaker out of round 1... then you can load up on OL with your 2-5 round picks... Most NFL lines are buillt in round 2-5...

Exactly, you need to snag difference makers with picks that high.

Y'know, true impact players like Tyson Jack....!@#$%

:deevee:

keg in kc
10-23-2009, 02:01 PM
ROFL

You think?

The damn server would just shut down....Server almost needed a reboot now, just thinking about it.

It would be utter classic. Come on haoli, make it happen.

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Why the hell would we draft Suh? He's a 3-4 DE in our system. We already have Jackson and Dorsey.

Coogs
10-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Why the hell would we draft Suh? He's a 3-4 DE in our system. We already have Jackson and Dorsey.

Fire the DC and change the system. :shrug:

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Fire the DC and change the system. :shrug:

Awesome.....so let's invest ANOTHER 1st round draft pick on this defensive line. Because Dorsey and Jackson (and their HUGE fucking contracts) just aren't enough for us.

Nevermind that our safeties and linebackers suck complete balls.

Reerun_KC
10-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Server almost needed a reboot now, just thinking about it.

It would be utter classic. Come on haoli, make it happen.

lets not waste that draft pick... We need help and need it badly...

Coogs
10-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Awesome.....so let's invest ANOTHER 1st round draft pick on this defensive line. Because Dorsey and Jackson (and their HUGE fucking contracts) just aren't enough for us.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I would much prefer Suh with a top 5 pick and go with a D-line of Jackson, Suh, Dorsey, and McGee over drafting Cody in the top 5 and staying with the 3-4.

And FWIW, I think Cody is going to be the pick, and we are all spinning our wheels hoping for Berry or Mays.

keg in kc
10-23-2009, 02:13 PM
lets not waste that draft pick... We need help and need it badly......and then we trade him to someone else for a slightly lower first, a second and a 2011 first.

(Hey, it's as likely as us drafting Bradford to start with...)

HotRoute
10-23-2009, 02:14 PM

well this is a good thing considering we have about 7 picks between round 2 and round 5, unless we gave a 5th rounder for allman/ndukwe, which i hope we didnt. my guess is we gave them our 6th rounder which would have still been generous, but the thigpen trade makes me think we gave them the 5th for those linemen and they gave it back for thigpen, either way we have a decent draft lined up for next year, and if we dont get difference makers with all of our early picks we might be screwed . . .

here's our draft status, in case you were wondering :

1st round
2nd round
2nd round (from ATL)
3rd round
4th round
5th round
5th round (from CAR)
5th round (from MIA)
6th round

keg in kc
10-23-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I would much prefer Suh with a top 5 pick and go with a D-line of Jackson, Suh, Dorsey, and McGee over drafting Cody in the top 5 and staying with the 3-4.

And FWIW, I think Cody is going to be the pick, and we are all spinning our wheels hoping for Berry or Mays.I think you're dreaming when it comes to going back to the 4-3, when the GM and the head coach have both professed their love for the 3-4.

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 02:15 PM

And FWIW, I think Cody is going to be the pick, and we are all spinning our wheels hoping for Berry or Mays.

Except now you have a problem. Where is your true pass rushing DE? Jackson and Magee aren't. Plus I would consider Suh and Dorsey to be the same type of DT.

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 02:16 PM
well this is a good thing considering we have about 7 picks between round 2 and round 5, unless we gave a 5th rounder for allman/ndukwe, which i hope we didnt. my guess is we gave them our 6th rounder which would have still been generous, but the thigpen trade makes me think we gave them the 5th for those linemen and they gave it back for thigpen, either way we have a decent draft lined up for next year, and if we dont get difference makers with all of our early picks we might be screwed . . .

1st round
2nd round
2nd round (from ATL)
3rd round
4th round
5th round
5th round (from CAR)
5th round (from MIA)
6th round

I'm pretty sure we gave up a 6th for Allenman/Ndukwe....and we don't have our 7th because we traded it for Jake O'Connell.

So it should look like this.

1st round
2nd round
2nd round (from ATL)
3rd round
4th round
5th round
5th round (from CAR)
5th round (from MIA)

Coogs
10-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Except now you have a problem. Where is your true pass rushing DE? Jackson and Magee aren't. Plus I would consider Suh and Dorsey to be the same type of DT.

This is for another thread. I just think Suh is a top 5 talent along with Berry (who I voted for) and Mays. Nobody else worth a top five IMO.

tyler360
10-23-2009, 02:18 PM
We need safety help bad so I am going with mays but would be fine with berry

HotRoute
10-23-2009, 02:19 PM
so the real question is who do we take with our first four picks??

1st round = OL/DL (best available)
2nd round = WR
2nd round = OL
3rd round = OL

if ya didnt know our o-line is just absolutly terrible, so we need to draft the best o-lineman we can because we'll need all the help we can get in the trenches, thats where the games are won and lost

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 02:19 PM
This is for another thread. I just think Suh is a top 5 talent along with Berry (who I voted for) and Mays. Nobody else worth a top five IMO.

Oh don't get me wrong....I believe that Suh is definitely a Top 10 draft pick. He's just a Top 10 talent that we don't need or have room for on this team.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Sam Bradford.

because a meltdown is just so much more important than the chiefs not sucking.

Coogs
10-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh don't get me wrong....I believe that Suh is definitely a Top 10 draft pick. He's just a Top 10 talent that we don't need or have room for on this team.

Cody is going to be the pick anyway. You can see this one comming from a mile away. And you still have more money being thrust into the D-line. :)

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 02:22 PM

2nd round = WR
2nd round = OL
3rd round = OL

if ya didnt know our o-line is just absolutly terrible, so we need to draft the best o-lineman we can because we'll need all the help we can get in the trenches, thats where the games are won and lost

Because it's been proven by multiple teams that only the great offensive lines are drafted in the 1st rounds.

FFS......we need playmakers on this team.

A playmaking safety (Berry), a TRUE pass-rushing OLB (Sapp) and a WR that is a burner (Gilyard) would help this team out immensly.

We have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. We can easily draft 1 offensive lineman in those 4 picks...and it would help.

Chiefnj2

What if KC could deal Dorsey for a 2nd? They might consider Suh in that case.

The Franchise
Cody is going to be the pick anyway. You can see this one comming from a mile away. And you still have more money being thrust into the D-line. :)

If they pick Cody.....I'm gonna flip.

HotRoute
I'm pretty sure we gave up a 6th for Allenman/Ndukwe....and we don't have our 7th because we traded it for Jake O'Connell.

So it should look like this.

1st round
2nd round
2nd round (from ATL)
3rd round
4th round
5th round
5th round (from CAR)
5th round (from MIA)

the allman/ndukwe pick is still listed as undisclosed so we wont know which one we gave up until the draft, but lets hope we didnt give a 5th for them neither has helped our o-line much, and yes we did give a pick for o'connell who also hasnt contributed at all.

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 02:25 PM
What if KC could deal Dorsey for a 2nd? They might consider Suh in that case.

That would be monumentally stupid.

KCDC
Awesome.....so let's invest ANOTHER 1st round draft pick on this defensive line. Because Dorsey and Jackson (and their HUGE ****ing contracts) just aren't enough for us.

This

Coogs
If they pick Cody.....I'm gonna flip.

I think that is how the first round picks for the Chiefs are selected. Find the one player that will totally tick off the ChiefsPlanet... and they have their guy.

The majority of the Planet already wants Berry or Mays, and it is still October. Means it will never happen. :shrug:

keg in kc
10-23-2009, 02:26 PM
because a meltdown is just so much more important than the chiefs not sucking.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6199298&postcount=33

I can have my meltdown and a good pick, damnit. It's my fantasy.

KCDC
10-23-2009, 02:27 PM

1st round
2nd round
2nd round (from ATL)
3rd round
4th round
5th round
5th round (from CAR)
5th round (from MIA)
6th round

We should have gotten a 6th from Gunther for Turk McBride and a 7th for Pollard. Instead, we let them go for nothing and now they are starters in Detroit and Houston.

HotRoute
10-23-2009, 02:27 PM
i love these kinds of threads

theres no way we pick berry/ mays for one reason now, thats what the fans seem to want. they never pick who the fans want, lol

Rain Man
10-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I know nothing about these players, but assuming they're all elite talents, I take the offensive tackle, though in thinking about it maybe I'd change my mind to the wide receiver.

If we draft high enough and there's some universally acclaimed franchise player available, though, I'd be fine with that. Like when Dorsey fell to us.

The Cassel trade is a true franchise changer. Without that, we may have had Sanchez last year, or possibly the top QB this year. I hope Cassel pans out, but it makes my stomach hurt a little bit to think about (possibly) two top-five picks without picking a franchise quarterback, especially given the Chiefs' history at quarterback.

HotRoute
10-23-2009, 02:31 PM
We should have gotten a 6th from Gunther for Turk McBride and a 7th for Pollard. Instead, we let them go for nothing and now they are starters in Detroit and Houston.

true, true but we cant get what they arent offering. that would have been ideal but noone wanted to offer anything for them so we let them walk, have a feeling it had to do with attitude more than anything with those 2 guys

DaWolf
10-23-2009, 02:32 PM

theres no way we pick berry/ mays for one reason now, thats what the fans seem to want. they never pick who the fans want, lol

Well they took Derrick Johnson and everyone rejoiced.

That worked out real well...

HotRoute
10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Well they took Derrick Johnson and everyone rejoiced.

That worked out real well...

further proof that haley/pioli should do exactly as the chiefsplanet says or else . . . .

:D

HemiEd
10-23-2009, 02:45 PM

2nd round = WR
2nd round = OL
3rd round = OL

this isn't going to go well for you.

KCChiefsMan
10-23-2009, 02:47 PM
I'd be really happy with Berry or Mays, I'd be meh with a WR or OT, I'd be pissed with a DT.

HemiEd
10-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I think that is how the first round picks for the Chiefs are selected. Find the one player that will totally tick off the ChiefsPlanet... and they have their guy.

The majority of the Planet already wants Berry or Mays, and it is still October. Means it will never happen. :shrug:

Don't forget the DJ pick, this place got sticky after that, from the almost unanimous ejaculation.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2009, 02:50 PM
What if KC could deal Dorsey for a 2nd?
die in a fire

with love, of course :)

Mr. Flopnuts
10-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Mays. All fuckin day.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Mays. All ****in day.
as long as they are from USC, i'm good.

Chiefnj2
10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Mays. All ****in day.

Not until he learns how to tackle properly.

Rausch
10-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I can't wait to draft another safety. I just can't get enough.

Can't sign them, trade for them, or draft one worth a ****...

HotRoute
10-23-2009, 03:11 PM
this isn't going to go well for you.

how do you figure, we have to get some o-linemen that are worth a damn, or else we will continue to suck. i dont care about all the other good players out there at the end of the draft we only pick 8-9 players and the rest is irrelivant. it doesnt matter who we coulda got or who we shoulda got, its who we get that needs to concern us

Dayze
10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I can't wait to draft another safety. I just can't get enough.

Can't sign them, trade for them, or draft one worth a ****...

to be fair, we can't draft any position well. :D

BigChiefFan
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Dez Bryant all the way.

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 03:16 PM
how do you figure, we have to get some o-linemen that are worth a damn, or else we will continue to suck. i dont care about all the other good players out there at the end of the draft we only pick 8-9 players and the rest is irrelivant. it doesnt matter who we coulda got or who we shoulda got, its who we get that needs to concern us

Because if we draft all offensive linemen....it's a guarantee this offense will be #1 and we're winning the Superbowl. Nevermind that our WRs suck, our RBs suck....and our defense isn't anything to write home about.

Rain Man
10-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Because if we draft all offensive linemen....it's a guarantee this offense will be #1 and we're winning the Superbowl. Nevermind that our WRs suck, our RBs suck....and our defense isn't anything to write home about.

Hence my idea to draft lots of linemen, wide receivers, defensive players, AND running backs.

GoHuge
10-23-2009, 03:27 PM
as long as they are from USC, i'm good.I second, but emphatically say f**k no to anymore 1st round LSU players. Fat, lazy, crawfish eating, over rated, waste of f**king money, goofballs. I like them as people though :D!

Sign me up for Mays. I just think he can do more and be used in alot of different ways. Not only will QB's have the guy one their mind when they throw the ball down the field or over the middle (not to mention recievers), but will be shiting their pants with Taylor Mays running at them with a 12 yard head of steam!

CoMoChief
10-23-2009, 03:45 PM
**** it Ill just declare.....put my ass at ROLB.......ill ****ing sack some QB's.

Theyll ask me what my credentials are.....ill just whip out my cock and as it un-ravels onto the floor, and jaws drop, they label me as a first rd talent.

orange
10-23-2009, 03:51 PM
The Donkey fan wants us to take Cody.

Evidence A.
January 25, 2009:
Summary - Planeteers who hate Teicher for calling for a DL with that #3 pick may be jumping off the Pioli bandwagon very soon.

:hmmm:

GoHuge
10-23-2009, 03:53 PM
**** it Ill just declare.....put my ass at ROLB.......ill ****ing sack some QB's.

Theyll ask me what my credentials are.....ill just whip out my cock and as it un-ravels onto the floor, and jaws drop, they label me as a first rd talent.:lame:

But when your going for epic FAIL you might as well swing for the fences..........you really got a hold of that one!

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2009, 03:56 PM
People talk about positional value all the time on the BB, IMO the only scheme that truly dictates PV is the 3-4 because it's so position specific so it can work. It could or it will definitely be reach but KC will probably select a NT in the 1st round

DeezNutz
10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
January 25, 2009:

I don't doubt it.

But we're talking about what we *should* do, not what Pioli will do.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Not until he learns how to tackle properly.

He'll be fine in the pros.

Rausch
10-23-2009, 04:02 PM

We don't have to draft all offensive lineman. We've got a young LT, let's not give up on him in year 2. We also have a G in place. If we sign one guy and draft a guy we've got 4/5ths of a line. And by sign a guy I don't mean we trade for the Pats 6th round pick from a few years back. Spend the fucking money to get the best FA G/T/C we can land. Yeah, that might mean we overpay for one position to make sure Cassel isn't in a body cast.

Who gives a $3it? We're 11ty billion under the cap anyway!

I think LB is our biggest need on Defense right now and I'd take the BAA at WR/OL/LB the first three rounds. Whatever order that may be when we pick...

Brock
10-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah, Taylor Mays doesn't know how to tackle. :rolleyes:

Rausch
10-23-2009, 04:04 PM
People talk about positional value all the time on the BB, IMO the only scheme that truly dictates PV is the 3-4 because it's so position specific so it can work. It could or it will definitely be reach but KC will probably select a NT in the 1st round

Outside of P/K I'd trade a 1st round pick for any young player who's top 5 at his position...

DJ's left nut
10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
January 25, 2009:

In fairness, most of those folks just bent over backwards to justify it while continuing to slob Pioli's knob.

And by "most of those folks" I mean Half-can.

DeezNutz
10-23-2009, 04:06 PM
We don't have to draft all offensive lineman. We've got a young LT, let's not give up on him in year 2. We also have a G in place. If we sign one guy and draft a guy we've got 4/5ths of a line. And by sign a guy I don't mean we trade for the Pats 6th round pick from a few years back. Spend the ****ing money to get the best FA G/T/C we can land. Yeah, that might mean we overpay for one position to make sure Cassel isn't in a body cast.

Who gives a $3it? We're 11ty billion under the cap anyway!

I think LB is our biggest need on Defense right now and I'd take the BAA at WR/OL/LB the first three rounds. Whatever order that may be when we pick...

You know this team is complete shit when one can make a compelling argument for why several areas are the single worst on the team.

That said, I believe our safeties are the weakest link on the defense. And we don't need to use our first on the OL, since we have a LT.

Rausch
10-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Taylor Mays doesn't know how to tackle. :rolleyes:

Somehow they all manage to forget how once they start for us...:grr:

CoMoChief
10-23-2009, 04:09 PM
:lame:

But when your going for epic FAIL you might as well swing for the fences..........you really got a hold of that one!

Hey now.....I lead my team in foul tips!!!

Rausch
10-23-2009, 04:11 PM
You know this team is complete shit when one can make a compelling argument for why several areas are the single worst on the team.

True.

That said, I believe our safeties are the weakest link on the defense.

Eh, I think they're good enough. No probowls, but good enough.

And we don't need to use our first on the OL, since we have a LT.

We don't have to go OL in the first. I have no problem going WR there, if the talent is there. I'd prefer a trade down with all the needs we have.

We have 1 real starter an no depth at WR and the OL...

Brock
10-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Eh, I think they're good enough. No probowls, but good enough....

There really isn't anybody on this defense that's "good enough".

DeezNutz
10-23-2009, 04:17 PM
There really isn't anybody on this defense that's "good enough".

Hali is a cornerstone.

Coogs
10-23-2009, 04:21 PM

:D