PDA

View Full Version : Misc Cellulitis

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Anyone ever dealt with this? I have it on my right calf. I spent 2 nights in the hospital for this. I've been fighting it for months. Since July 1, my doctor put me thru 3 rounds of antibiotics. It kept coming back. He finally recommended I go to the hospital wednesday night so they could administer IV AB. Its feeling much better today. I'm on 2 different ABs now for 10 days. This was my 1st hospital stay since I was 3. Not a bad experience because my night nurse was SMOKIN' HOT! And as nice as can be. I miss her. :D

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I thought that condition was caused by eating to many oreos ?

kstater
10-24-2009, 12:01 PM
You'll enjoy the hospital experience until you get the bill. Get well, and good luck.

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I thought that condition was caused by eating to many oreos ?

No, from sucking too many dicks.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 01:03 PM

Well if anyone would know... Your an expert.

MichaelH
10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I got an infection in my right elbow that became a staph infection and had cellulitus from the middle of the bicep all the way to my wrist. I had to take IV anti-biotics for 5 days followed by pills for 30 days. It was so painful that at first I though I had broken my elbow. I wish you luck!

Gadzooks
10-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I had it bad once.
I had an ingrown hair in the middle of my thigh. It looked like a zit. It caused stabbing pains occasionally but I ignored it thinking it would go away.
Cut to 2 weeks later: My entire thigh was fluorescent pink, swollen, and throbbing. The pain was in high gear but I ignored it thinking it would go away.
Cut to 2 days later: I was curled up in the fetal position with cold sweats thinking it was my time. Then, my wife suggested that I go to the hospital, so, reluctantly, I did.
They ended up cutting a silver dollar shaped hole that went aboot an inch deep in my thigh. They used a local anesthetic to help with the pain:rolleyes:. It was the most painful thing I've ever been through. There was puss and blood splattered all over the walls by the time they were done.
The recovery process included carrying around an intravenous antibiotic and a nurse to visit the house daily to change the gauze.
Good times.

Now, when ever I get an skin infection, I pad it up to let it heal.
That's aboot all the advice I've got.

Oh Yeah, and get it checked out before you're aboot to die.

Pioli Zombie
10-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Then you the King of Chronic Cellutis sufferers.
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Anyone ever dealt with this? I have it on my right calf. I spent 2 nights in the hospital for this. I've been fighting it for months. Since July 1, my doctor put me thru 3 rounds of antibiotics. It kept coming back. He finally recommended I go to the hospital wednesday night so they could administer IV AB. Its feeling much better today. I'm on 2 different ABs now for 10 days. This was my 1st hospital stay since I was 3. Not a bad experience because my night nurse was SMOKIN' HOT! And as nice as can be. I miss her. :D

I have dealt with it being on ears, face, groin, legs, it can almost be anywhere.

Lonewolf Ed
10-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I hope you don't have to deal with it again! Sounds plenty nasty.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-24-2009, 08:54 PM
lol, nice.... LMAO

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2009, 08:57 PM
lol, nice.... LMAO:spock:

Gadzooks
10-24-2009, 09:06 PM
lol, nice.... LMAO

Yeah, :spock:

Buehler445
10-25-2009, 09:20 AM
:spock:

That's all he ever posts. My guess is he is a troll getting his post count up so he can troll effectively.

Sorry to hear about your condition BCD. It's good you're getting to the doctor, my dumbass would probably NOT until I was in a condition more like Gadzooks.

TheGuardian
10-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow I just had this a month ago. I caught it early, ended up in the ER with the right side of my chest swollen and hurting badly. I had to do 14 days of antibiotics. I've had no problems since. Sorry to hear about yours.

BigMeatballDave
10-25-2009, 09:47 AM
That's all he ever posts. My guess is he is a troll getting his post count up so he can troll effectively.

Sorry to hear about your condition BCD. It's good you're getting to the doctor, my dumbass would probably NOT until I was in a condition more like Gadzooks.Thanks. Yeah Gadzooks sounded pretty bad. Frankly, I'm surprised mine isnt worse. I usually heal quick. The shit is persistant tho.

BigMeatballDave
10-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Wow I just had this a month ago. I caught it early, ended up in the ER with the right side of my chest swollen and hurting badly. I had to do 14 days of antibiotics. I've had no problems since. Sorry to hear about yours.In your chest? Good thing you caught it quick. That could have been life-threatening.