PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would the Chiefs be 6-0 with Weigman at C?

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Just a spin-off.

Has the OL been good since Casey left?

Were they bad before Casey left?

Was the Donkey OL bad before Casey got there?

Did the Donkey OL get better after Casey got there?

Is this a run-on question?

Dinny

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Casey is a Center that works well in space. Can get out and block on the edges... Herm didnt like Centers that were athletic. He wanted slow weak Centers with the IQ of a dead tree stump...

Therefore Casey went on to continue to dominate....

cabletech94
10-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Once again the genius of Herm Edwards.

HerculesRockefell
10-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Casey replaced Nalen, it was a lateral move for the Broncos.

Lonewolf Ed
10-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Unless Casey is fast enough to move over and help the tackles, then I doubt his presence would have made the Chiefs much better than they are now. Sadly, the line is not one man away from being dominant. Master of the Obvious, signing off.

pr_capone
10-24-2009, 08:37 PM
with the IQ of a dead tree stump...

Niswanger, who graduated from LSU with a perfect 4.0 grade point average, was accepted to the LSU Medical School in Shreveport, Louisiana, where he earned a degree in kinesiology.

Yeah... Niswanger is a fucking moron

:shake:

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah... Niswanger is a ****ing moron

:shake:

Those LSU players really are turning this team around....

Thanks for letting me know... Our Center is so relivant, I should of know who he was...

pr_capone
10-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Those LSU players really are turning this team around....

Thanks for letting me know... Our Center is so relivant, I should of know who he was...

People made a big deal about it when he came out is why I remember it.

Just because the guy can't play doesn't make him a meat head. Just never liked when people made that assumption.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 08:49 PM
People made a big deal about it when he came out is why I remember it.

Just because the guy can't play doesn't make him a meat head. Just never liked when people made that assumption.

Fair enough...

Easy 6
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Casey can do some great things, when asked to perform within his limits, with other talented guys nearby...a Mark Stepnoski/Bruce Mathews level technician.

But when Herm asked him to say, stonewall Jamal Williams 1 on 1...hold the point for a straight up the butt run against monsters?, its not gonna happen.

All said, i'd take him back yesterday.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
I dont know about 6-0, but I believe we would be noticably better.

Casey brought a toughness that we lack on the oline currently imo.

Plus we would likely have Rudy at RG.

Funny...we let Casey go because he didnt fit the power running game, yeah, the power running game that worked out so well for us that we changed to the spread. Casey would have been a very good.

Albert
Waters
Casey
Rudy
Ryan

That isnt as bad as what were trotting out there on sundays right now.

scorpio
10-24-2009, 09:49 PM
I dont know about 6-0, but I believe we would be noticably better.

Casey brought a toughness that we lack on the oline currently imo.

Plus we would likely have Rudy at RG.

Funny...we let Casey go because he didnt fit the power running game, yeah, the power running game that worked out so well for us that we changed to the spread. Casey would have been a very good.

Albert
Waters
Casey
Rudy
Ryan

That isnt as bad as what were trotting out there on sundays right now.

Denver runs more of a power running scheme now than they have at any time under Shanny and Casey is performing wonderfully.

FloridaMan88
10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
There really needs to be some sort of Nuremberg Trial for Herm and his henchmen... his acts committed against this franchise are border-line war crimes.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 10:04 PM
There really needs to be some sort of Nuremberg Trial for Herm and his henchmen... his acts committed against this franchise are border-line war crimes.

He He, that funny!

Saccopoo
10-24-2009, 11:53 PM

I wonder if Mel Brooks ever does Hitler on Ice, would they cast it as follows?:

Hitler - Carl
Goebbels - Herm
Goering - Gunther
Kaiser Wilhelm II - Clark Hunt
Otto Bismark - Lamar Hunt

DaWolf
10-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey, Carl has to pull a Donnie Edwards every few years...

Rausch
10-25-2009, 12:36 AM
I can think of no Haley replacement that has sucked as perfectly, in the exact same way, as if only the name on the back of the jersey were changed.

"But he's fuggen huge. Huge offensive lineman = good."

No...

Quesadilla Joe
10-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Denver runs more of a power running scheme now than they have at any time under Shanny and Casey is performing wonderfully.

He is playing very well in pass protection, but we have to be the worst 3rd and inches run team in the NFL. The interior line gets eaten alive in short yardage situations.:cuss:

Chiefs=Champions
10-25-2009, 06:33 AM
He is playing very well in pass protection, but we have to be the worst 3rd and inches run team in the NFL. The interior line gets eaten alive in short yardage situations.:cuss:

Key example of why we got rid of him...

milkman
10-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Key example of why we got rid of him...

Yet, when Priest Holmes was our RB, we were one of the best short yardage team in the league, even with Wiegman at Center.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Yet, when Priest Holmes was our RB, we were one of the best short yardage team in the league, even with Wiegman at Center.

Yea, i seem to remember a ton of rushing TD's with Casey as our center??

Mile High Mania
10-25-2009, 07:38 AM

Well, that was several years ago...

Deberg_1990
10-25-2009, 07:41 AM

Hes still better than what we have now. Thanks Herm!

milkman
10-25-2009, 08:14 AM

That is as may be, but Wiegman has never been a power blocker.

He is pretty much the same player now that he was then, which is why he was available to the Chiefs in free agency then.

If you want to succeed in short yardage situations with Wiegman at center, you need to double down in the middle, and hope Moreno eventually learns to slither through seams the way that Priest did.

Sadly, I think Moreno will be that kind of back, sooner, rather than later.

Mile High Mania
10-25-2009, 08:20 AM
That is as may be, but Wiegman has never been a power blocker.

He is pretty much the same player now that he was then, which is why he was available to the Chiefs in free agency then.

If you want to succeed in short yardage situations with Wiegman at center, you need to double down in the middle, and hope Moreno eventually learns to slither through seams the way that Priest did.

Sadly, I think Moreno will be that kind of back, sooner, rather than later.

I think they just need better plays in those situations... it's clear they just can't drive it straight up the gut. So, break out with a bit of creativity... use the wild horses format there, roll right (or left) and pitch it out... stick a space-eater in there as your FB and run behind that guy.

There are ways to work within their limitations in that spot... but continued driving it up the middle drives me crazy.