PDA

View Full Version : Football My Hawkeyes are 8-0

Hoover
10-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Great game tonight, the Hawkeye offense looked a lot like the Chiefs but we got it done.

Three home games against Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota

One Road game: Ohio State

Going to be interesting.

Great year to be a Hawk fan.

Phobia
10-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Indeed. It's surprising they can't recruit a blue-chip QB. But they're winning in spite of him, so I'll take it.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Why are they just your Hawkeyes? Cant you share with your other fans?

CaliforniaChief
10-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah Hawkeyes!!!

Fortunately Michigan State decided to go into a deep zone prevent on the last drive.

FloridaMan88
10-24-2009, 10:01 PM
An Iowa-Oregon Rose Bowl? 5 people would watch that abortion of a game.

CaliforniaChief
10-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Penn State's big win coupled with Arizona's recent success will most likely push Iowa ahead of Cincinnati in the BCS Standings tomorrow.

They've gotta put it down these next two home games and not look ahead to the Ohio State game.

jAZ
10-24-2009, 10:15 PM
If Mike Stoops had started Nick Foles, you'd be 7-1. But keep winning, because that quality loss is nice to have.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Great game tonight, the Hawkeye offense looked a lot like the Chiefs but we got it done.

Three home games against Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota

One Road game: Ohio State

Going to be interesting.

Great year to be a Hawk fan.

Beat Ohio-State....and the Hawkeyes will probably be playin' for a national championship...UNLESS they lose one of those home games....

:hmmm:

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2009, 10:20 PM
I've been impressed with how Iowa's offense has improved.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2009, 10:23 PM
An Iowa-Oregon Rose Bowl? 5 people would watch that abortion of a game.

Oregon?

You expect the Trojans to lose another? :spock:

Buehler445
10-24-2009, 11:15 PM
FUCKING GREAT game tonight. I'm pulling for Iowa. I hope they beat Ohio State. Fuck those cunts.

kcfanintitanhell
10-24-2009, 11:22 PM
If the Hawkeyes can win out, they have a good chance at playing in the BCS title game. Their road schedule has been one of the toughest of all the BCS-eligible teams.

Reaper16
10-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Mel Tjeerdsma keeps taking all of Iowa's good QBs.

CaliforniaChief
10-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Based on their performance this year, these next two games at home scare me more than anything.

If they can get to Columbus unbeaten, they'd still probably be the underdog...but they seem to rise to the occasion.

Hoover
10-25-2009, 12:26 AM
No they are not just My Hawkeyes, but I'm really proud of them.

They are the Steelers of College football. Its not always pretty but they get the job done, and their defense is top notch.

I agree, I worry about them tripping up against lesser talent at home, but I think they can sense how close they are to a national championship game so I bet they remain focused. Hell, I'll take either of this year's two rose bowls.

Fairplay
10-25-2009, 12:32 AM
****ING GREAT game tonight. I'm pulling for Iowa. I hope they beat Ohio State. **** those ****s.

I root for any team going against them for the most part.

Notre Dame is the team i dislike the most though. The movie Rudy was a slick publicity stunt made into a movie (just teasing).

Miami second place for teams you like to see get beat. Clemson had the honor tonight.

BossChief
10-25-2009, 01:48 AM
McNutt sure saved the day!

1:30 to go not having scored a td all game, but needing one to win...pass in the air as time expires and its a hawkeye touchdown!

Totally pumped.

WTF ever happened to Mitch King? I really thought he would be a star at the NFL level for the right team.

CaliforniaChief
10-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Just another example of a prevent defense going up in flames. Michigan State had the offense contained for the most part, and then drop back into 3 rush zone. To Stanzi's credit he picked it apart and they managed the clock as well as they could have.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 08:58 AM
The more I watch Iowa, the more I think Ferentz would have been an excellent hire for the Chiefs. Not that I'm upset with Haley, but that guy can squeeze talent out of anyone.