PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ putting down Haley?

DallasChief
10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Larry Johnson just posted this on his twitter page:

"My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans". Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn"
27 minutes ago from UberTwitter

http://twitter.com/toonicon

Bane
10-25-2009, 06:17 PM
He must have lost his diaper.DV is on his speed dial Im sure.

sel1965
10-25-2009, 06:18 PM
LJ Sucks and is a crybaby and he played for Penn State.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Ok that's hilarious, regardless of who it's coming from it doesn't surprise me that players would start getting fed up with Haley quickly.

TEX
10-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok that's hilarious, regardless of who it's coming from it doesn't surprise me that players would start getting fed up with Haley quickly.

Yep. Maybe Haley will have a tantrum and quit...

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 06:28 PM

Of course it doesn't.

This is the problem with the modern athlete. Anyone tough on them and they revolt.

Fuck that nonsense. I played my toughest for those who were toughest on me. Todd Haley was a bastard to Larry Fitzgerald and he responded. Todd Haley turns into a bastard to this team, after years of coddling and being told their shit doesn't stink, and it warrants a revolt.

I hope Haley cuts 90% of them.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Yep. Maybe Haley will have a tantrum and quit...

If you think this team's problems are mainly because of Todd Haley being tough on them, then I don't know what to tell you.

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Of course it doesn't.

This is the problem with the modern athlete. Anyone tough on them and they revolt.

Fuck that nonsense. I played my toughest for those who were toughest on me. Todd Haley was a bastard to Larry Fitzgerald and he responded. Todd Haley turns into a bastard to this team, after years of coddling and being told their shit doesn't stink, and it warrants a revolt.

So, Larry Fitzgerald is the poster boy. Do you honestly expect everyone to respond like Larry Fitzgerald did? Seriously?

And I hope that Haley cuts 90% of the people they got off the street because they all fucking suck ass.

And the draft has proven to be completely and utterly useless.

Yep, Haley's really special. :rolleyes:

LaChapelle
10-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Kolby egged him on.

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2009, 06:34 PM
If you think this team's problems are mainly because of Todd Haley being tough on them, then I don't know what to tell you.

When Dwayne Bowe's play drops off significantly from last year, there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.

When Brandon Albert's play drops off significantly from last year, there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.

When the team, overall, hasn't improved and can't score offensively, there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.

It looks like there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.

ThaVirus
10-25-2009, 06:35 PM
I have to agree with Dane. Certain guys can act like that because they demand that kind of respect- like Bill Parcells.. I'm afraid Haley just doesn't have the clout to be such a douche.

FringeNC
10-25-2009, 06:39 PM
For a coach to have his authority undermined by this type of stuff requires a GM who is complicit or on the hot seat himself, neither of which apply to Pioli.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Haley's reaction:

http://i35.tinypic.com/slp79i.gif

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 06:44 PM
So, Larry Fitzgerald is the poster boy. Do you honestly expect everyone to respond like Larry Fitzgerald did? Seriously?

And I hope that Haley cuts 90% of the people they got off the street because they all ****ing suck ass.

By the same token, is Larry Johnson the poster boy for this revolt? The guy who has hated or criticized just about every HC he's ever played for?

I expect athletes to play hard for their paycheck. They aren't playing for free.

I think he deserves a shot to turn over this team and see what the end result was. Anyone who thought this team was going to compete or even be competitive this year, was on some serious crack (and I was on some mid-way through the offseason).

Thig Lyfe
10-25-2009, 06:46 PM
What the fuck does Toon Icon mean?

LaChapelle
10-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Broncofan "Best post offseason EVAR!!"

Noss
10-25-2009, 06:52 PM
I forgot that Haley's first love is golf.

He had to settle on coaching football because he couldn't make a living in coaching golf.

Mojo Jojo
10-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I forgot that Haley's first love is golf.

He had to settle on couching football because he couldn't make a living in couching golf.

So, are you saying he wants to sit on furniture for a living?

Noss
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM

What is couching a said coaching WTF? :spock:

Skip Towne
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM

Yes! That's it. It's couching he wants.

Mojo Jojo
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
What is couching a said coaching WTF? :spock:

What is "...a said..."?

Noss
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
What is "...a said..."?

what is you?

Noss
10-25-2009, 07:05 PM
I guess golfers like ex-golfers as coaches for football coaches?

Mojo Jojo
10-25-2009, 07:06 PM
what is you?

You have a real problem posting, and even a bigger problem trying to cover tracks by editing your message after the fact.

soundmind
10-25-2009, 07:07 PM
My dad says that you're the problem and he agrees that I'm the best running back of all time. He says you can't coach, and that I would have a zillion yards and a half-zillion touchdowns if I had more blocking. My dad could beat you up too, cause he's stronger than you. My dad.....

Pussy.

Noss
10-25-2009, 07:10 PM
You have a real problem posting, and even a bigger problem trying to cover tracks by editing your message after the fact.

I hit F5 and I don't see an edit remark on a post of mine, do you?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Piss on LJ.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-25-2009, 07:13 PM
LJ is a BIT*H. its that simple. he must have lost his diaper today

Mojo Jojo
10-25-2009, 07:14 PM
I hit F5 and I don't see an edit remark on a post of mine, do you?

Let's see I hit the "Quote" and it copied your message. Are you saying I went in and changed it on my post? I have much better things to do, and this just shows how sad you are.

Now run upstairs and tell your mom it's your bath time.

Noss
10-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Let's see I hit the "Quote" and it copied your message. Are you saying I went in and changed it on my post? I have much better things to do, and this just shows how sad you are.

Now run upstairs and tell your mom it's your bath time.

I have edited things in the passed and it places a edit time stamp.

Sorry I made a comment about your golfing buddy Haley!

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Haley's reaction:

http://i35.tinypic.com/slp79i.gif

What's that, GoChiefs?

I thought LJ was "buying in," you told me so only 3 hours ago.

Lord you're full of shit.

BigMeatballDave
10-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Of course it doesn't.

**** that nonsense. I played my toughest for those who were toughest on me. Todd Haley was a bastard to Larry Fitzgerald and he responded. Todd Haley turns into a bastard to this team, after years of coddling and being told their shit doesn't stink, and it warrants a revolt.

I hope Haley cuts 90% of them.This

BigMeatballDave
10-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok that's hilarious, regardless of who it's coming from it doesn't surprise me that players would start getting fed up with Haley quickly.:deevee:

Mojo Jojo

Sorry I made a comment and your golfing buddy Haley!

Hey...he's not my buddy. Bad hire from day one.

All I know is what I read, and what happened when I hit "Quote".

To accuse someone of editing you post in a quote is bush league.

Bugeater

Sorry I made a comment and your golfing buddy Haley!
You get a certain amount of time to edit a post before the time stamp shows up.

See, I just added this sentence and there's no time stamp.

BigMeatballDave
10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
When Dwayne Bowe's play drops off significantly from last year, there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.

When Brandon Albert's play drops off significantly from last year, there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.

When the team, overall, hasn't improved and can't score offensively, there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.

It looks like there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.Bowe's production is down because TG is gone.

petegz28
10-25-2009, 07:31 PM

And I hope that Haley cuts 90% of the people they got off the street because they all ****ing suck ass.

What about Fitzy, Boldin and Warner all saying nothing but great things about Haley?

petegz28
10-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Bowe's production is down because TG is gone.

And he drops passes

Noss
10-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey...he's not my buddy. Bad hire from day one.

All I know is what I read, and what happened when I hit "Quote".

To accuse someone of editing you post in a quote is bush league.

All I know is what I typed and a did edit a post following the other post to see if the edit time stamp is still true and it is.

So I don't understand either?

The main thing though we are both pissed at the play of the Chiefs, or a hope so! :cuss:

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Of course it doesn't.

**** that nonsense. I played my toughest for those who were toughest on me. Todd Haley was a bastard to Larry Fitzgerald and he responded. Todd Haley turns into a bastard to this team, after years of coddling and being told their shit doesn't stink, and it warrants a revolt.

We're back to this bullshit?

You're really trying to argue that one cannot be hard on guys without being a complete prick about it?

I'm sure Singletary just got lucky. I'm sure the roster he inherited was full of guys that loved getting yelled at and treated like 12 year olds.

Or maybe he recognized that you can instill discipline without being jackass. Vernon Davis is not as talented as Bowe, had nowhere near the success Bowe has had and had FAR bigger attitude issues than Bowe. He also has more catches, yards and TDs than Bowe despite having had his bye week.

You see, one can be hard on grown men without treating them like little boys.

You're just another in the long line of people that love seeing athletes get knocked down a peg because they make a ton of money playing a game. If you had a boss that came in with no real-world experience doing what it is that you do, who then proceeded to tell you that you suck at your job and continuously berated you, you'd work only as hard as you needed to to remain employed.

Oh you'll say otherwise, but it'd be intellectually dishonest. Everyone in the history of message boards has had more fortitude and moral fiber than every athlete they're discussing; it's just the way it is.

True leaders make people want to excel for them, not survive despite them. Haley's just another screaming hack with a Napoleanic complex.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Haley's just another screaming hack with a Napoleanic complex.

The only problem I have with your post and others is that you think you know what they think in the locker room and how Haley acts towards during the week. All we see is on Sundays and for the last several weeks he has toned down his act alot.

Second after the win last week I saw alot of geniune happy players congratulating Haley and having some fun with him.

Third when Tank was traded this week he had nothing but good things to say about Haley and that was a prime opportunity to take a shot at him and the Chiefs and he did neither.

BigMeatballDave
10-25-2009, 08:05 PM

You're really trying to argue that one cannot be hard on guys without being a complete prick about it?

I'm sure Singletary just got lucky. I'm sure the roster he inherited was full of guys that loved getting yelled at and treated like 12 year olds.

Or maybe he recognized that you can instill discipline without being jackass. Vernon Davis is not as talented as Bowe, had nowhere near the success Bowe has had and had FAR bigger attitude issues than Bowe. He also has more catches, yards and TDs than Bowe despite having had his bye week.

You're just another in the long line of people that love seeing athletes get knocked down a peg because they make a ton of money playing a game. If you had a boss that came in with no real-world experience doing what it is that you do, who then proceeded to tell you that you suck at your job and continuously berated you, you'd work only as hard as you needed to to remain employed.

Oh you'll say otherwise, but it'd be intellectually dishonest. Everyone in the history of message boards has had more fortitude and moral fiber than every athlete they're discussing; it's just the way it is.

True leaders make people want to excel for them, not survive despite them. Haley's just another screaming hack with a Napoleanic complex.Dude, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I don't. And I dont try to pretend to. If the players really disliked Haley, do you think they would've doused him with gatorade last week? Bowe hugged him right after. Hate on him all you want. I'm supporting him for now. Why would great players like Fitzgerald, Bolden, and Warner like him so much if he was such a prick?

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
The only problem I have with your post and others is that you think you know what they think in the locker room and how Haley acts towards during the week. All we see is on Sundays and for the last several weeks he has toned down his act alot.

Second after the win last week I saw alot of geniune happy players congratulating Haley and having some fun with him.

Third when Tank was traded this week he had nothing but good things to say about Haley and that was a prime opportunity to take a shot at him and the Chiefs and he did neither.

I have a new favorite quote for this kind of thing. It's about J. Papelbon but it rings true for any player in this situation:

"Papelbon's not stupid. He just hasn't acquired professional mechanisms, an understanding of consequence: He says all the dumb things most of us probably think but keep back."

C'mon - you know that there's NEVER a good time for a player like Tank Tyler to take shots at a head coach. Haley's a lunatic, but he'll have friends in the league and Tyler may need a job w/ one of those men some day.

Furthermore, he has a new coaching staff to work with now. When you go to job interviews, do you proceed to tell the prospective new boss how big a tool the old one was? Hell no, because that boss may just decide that you're a malcontent or that you'll be just as quick to turn on him.

And you're right, we don't know what goes on every day but the rumblings are undeniable and should not be ignored, especially in light of things like training camp where he was absolutely unhinged, IMO. There's a lot of smoke here...

Combine that with the results on the field and there's reason for worry. We're not seeing a more disciplined team out there, it looks to me like we have a group of guys either playing scared or playing for a paycheck. It's a bad, bad atmosphere on Sundays.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see very very obvious differences in how Singletary, who was in a virtually identical situation, carries himself and how his players respond to it.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Dude, you have no ****ing clue what you are talking about. I don't. And I dont try to pretend to. If the players really disliked Haley, do you think they would've doused him with gatorade last week? Bowe hugged him right after. Hate on him all you want. I'm supporting him for now. Why would great players like Fitzgerald, Bolden, and Warner like him so much if he was such a prick?

It's a football board - not one damn one of us has concrete facts. We're left to speculate based on what we see and hear.

like I said - I am comfortable waiting on history to bear me out here.

Are you?

Hammock Parties
10-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Herm played...let's hire him back!

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I have a new favorite quote for this kind of thing. It's about J. Papelbon but it rings true for any player in this situation:

"Papelbon's not stupid. He just hasn't acquired professional mechanisms, an understanding of consequence: He says all the dumb things most of us probably think but keep back."

C'mon - you know that there's NEVER a good time for a player like Tank Tyler to take shots at a head coach. Haley's a lunatic, but he'll have friends in the league and Tyler may need a job w/ one of those men some day.

Furthermore, he has a new coaching staff to work with now. When you go to job interviews, do you proceed to tell the prospective new boss how big a tool the old one was? Hell no, because that boss may just decide that you're a malcontent or that you'll be just as quick to turn on him.

And you're right, we don't know what goes on every day but the rumblings are undeniable and should not be ignored, especially in light of things like training camp where he was absolutely unhinged, IMO. There's a lot of smoke here...

Combine that with the results on the field and there's reason for worry. We're not seeing a more disciplined team out there, it looks to me like we have a group of guys either playing scared or playing for a paycheck. It's a bad, bad atmosphere on Sundays.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see very very obvious differences in how Singletary, who was in a virtually identical situation, carries himself and how his players respond to it.

I see your point on Tank and you could be right on that.

As far as Singletary goes let's not forget all the crazy stuff he did last year and when he came back this year he was quite a bit different. He learned as Haley is learning right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Herm played...let's hire him back!

Uh, you and anyone else can feel the merry blue hell free to cram any and all "lesser of two evils" arguments right up your asses.

That motherfucking ship has sailed.

DaWolf
10-25-2009, 08:25 PM
It begins...

RedThat
10-25-2009, 08:31 PM

It looks like there may be a problem with Todd Haley's approach.

At the end of the day, it really boils down to having good people skills. I think that's really important for a head coach. Not so sure if he has that.

googlegoogle
10-26-2009, 02:58 PM
fag?

SDChiefs
10-26-2009, 03:10 PM

I think its cause hes a douche and doesn't know the first thing about winning. If they were winning the players wouldn't mind him being hard on them. But he acts like hes so much better than everyone else and hes not showing any results. We are no better than we were last year, if not worse, and hes still playing with the roster. It should not take an entire year to evaluated the talent on the team. Most coaches can in an offseason. Thats what it is there for.

Simply Red
10-26-2009, 03:17 PM
It begins...

yep

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2009, 03:18 PM
I think its cause hes a douche and doesn't know the first thing about winning. If they were winning the players wouldn't mind him being hard on them. But he acts like hes so much better than everyone else and hes not showing any results. We are no better than we were last year, if not worse, and hes still playing with the roster. It should not take an entire year to evaluated the talent on the team. Most coaches can in an offseason. Thats what it is there for.

Doesn't know anything about winning?

"SD's foot, meet pile of horse shit".

SDChiefs
10-26-2009, 03:21 PM

True leaders make people want to excel for them, not survive despite them. Haley's just another screaming hack with a Napoleanic complex.

Quality post. Rep

LocoChiefsFan
10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
His twitter page is locked now. Uh oh, what does that mean? Hmmmm.............

SDChiefs
10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Doesn't know anything about winning?

"SD's foot, meet pile of horse shit".

1 game against arguably the worst team in the league? Yeah your right, we should call Canton and have them put a spot aside for him cause hes HOF bound.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM
1 game against arguably the worst team in the league? Yeah your right, we should call Canton and have them put a spot aside for him cause hes HOF bound.

I was referring to the CARDINALS you dumbass.