PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What should the Chiefs do with LJ?

BossChief
10-26-2009, 12:28 AM
LJ has done NOTHING so far, Charles and Savage have played well.

The Twitter junk should be the last straw!

salame
10-26-2009, 12:29 AM
CUT HIM
Kolby Smith will get every chance to start anyway when he's healthy.

It's not like they can hang on to him and trade him.
If they could have traded him it would have already happened.

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2009, 12:34 AM
I would keep running his ass up the middle, he is about to break anyway.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Hand him the ball.

Best back on the team.

jAZ
10-26-2009, 12:41 AM
I voted bench him, but We need to develop players more than we need to punish LJ. We need that spot if we aren't going to play him. So cut him. I change my vote.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 12:44 AM
I voted bench him, but We need to develop players more than we need to punish LJ. We need that spot if we aren't going to play him. So cut him. I change my vote.

If he is cut, what keeps other players doing this type of crap if they want out?

I say it is worth the roster spot to deactivate him for the rest of the year.

Can we suspend him for conduct detrimental? If we do, does that open up a roster spot?

I bet his dad is very disapointed in him right now.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Hand him the ball.

Best back on the team.

I have supported LJ all through his career, that ended today via twitter

Charles has produced

Savage produced

Smith will produce

Fuck LJ

jAZ
10-26-2009, 12:50 AM
If he is cut, what keeps other players doing this type of crap if they want out?

I say it is worth the roster spot to deactivate him for the rest of the year.

Can we suspend him for conduct detrimental? If we do, does that open up a roster spot?

I bet his dad is very disapointed in him right now.

Any player who tries to do this to get off the team clearly isn't part of any 53 players I would want on this time. I'd completely support Haley's "right 53" plan in any case like this.

That being said, I'm more than happy to take any loop hole we can that lets us have the full compliment of players (put him on IR?)

Hammock Parties
10-26-2009, 12:51 AM

Charles has produced

Savage produced

Smith will produce

Fuck LJ

If Smith busts a run over 20 yards this year, I will publicly denounce Larry Johnson.

jAZ
10-26-2009, 12:51 AM

Charles has produced

Savage produced

Smith will produce

**** LJ

Ditto.

pr_capone
10-26-2009, 12:54 AM
What should the Chiefs do with LJ?

Find him a harem of intelligent, athletic woman with a good attitude and put him out to stud.

Hope temperment is genetic?

jAZ
10-26-2009, 12:55 AM
If Smith busts a run over 20 yards this year, I will publicly denounce Larry Johnson.

You might consider publicly denouncing LJ if he doesn't bust a run over 20 yards the rest of this year.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 12:57 AM

Haley will respond harshly to this bs if he is "about what hes been talking about"

Hootie
10-26-2009, 01:04 AM
If Haley can't take criticism from his players, then cut his ass too.

Unless Haley is putting on some front, I don't think he is going to give a flying fuck about LJ and his twitter.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 01:07 AM

Unless Haley is putting on some front, I don't think he is going to give a flying **** about LJ and his twitter.

are you kidding?

Haley will AT MINIMUM suspend him for one week for conduct detrimental to the team if he is a competent coach

Hootie
10-26-2009, 01:20 AM
I bet nothing happens.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-26-2009, 03:19 AM
cut him. and cut anyone else who wants out. because 95% of them suck anyways.

KCWolfman
10-26-2009, 03:45 AM
LT sucks, especially compared to Sproles right now.

I guess he should be cut too?

MichaelH
10-26-2009, 03:53 AM
I would keep running his ass up the middle, he is about to break anyway.

Good idea except that usually makes it 3 and 10. One day Haley might figure out that it doesn't work with LJ anymore.

KCWolfman
10-26-2009, 03:58 AM
Good idea except that usually makes it 3 and 10. One day Haley might figure out that it doesn't work with LJ anymore.

Marty didn't

ChiefJustice
10-26-2009, 04:00 AM

http://ticklebooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/walterrobot.jpg

BossChief
10-26-2009, 04:15 AM

COMPLETELY different scenario.

LJ has been a trade demanding, bad attitude, woman abusing, coach bashing, NFL worst producing, doesnt fit the offense P.O.S. that only has two career 1000 yard seasons.

So far this year, he has shown to be past his prime, still cant block, no speed, no vision having fake attitude having Money Sucker.

Just like last year, if/when we sit LJ for an extended period of time the offense will begin to look better.

Id have to look it up but I bet our most productive stretch of the year last season ws the stretch he was deactivated. It started against the Jets.

FUCK LJ!!

KCWolfman
10-26-2009, 04:28 AM
COMPLETELY different scenario.

LJ has been a trade demanding, bad attitude, woman abusing, coach bashing, NFL worst producing, doesnt fit the offense P.O.S. that only has two career 1000 yard seasons.

So far this year, he has shown to be past his prime, still cant block, no speed, no vision having fake attitude having Money Sucker.

Just like last year, if/when we sit LJ for an extended period of time the offense will begin to look better.

Id have to look it up but I bet our most productive stretch of the year last season ws the stretch he was deactivated. It started against the Jets.

**** LJ!!
You hit too many issues to address in one post. I am gonna leave his personal life outta this. The NFL doesn't like supposed racists like Limbaugh, but they love wife beaters, drunk drivers, and killers. I don't wanna even tread more on that topic here.

You realize that there is no lead for LJ to go. Barry Sanders would have trouble getting yards here. There is a reason that our RBs get no yards and our QB is sacked more often than bread specials at Hy Vee. It's not Johnson, it is our horrid Offensive Line.

I like LJ's hard hitting style. I believe he would be more productive if he were used more often toward the end of the games after the opponents DLine is wore. Instead we are passing like mad to catch up after 2 quarters of play and dumping the run game altogether.

Is he the answer if our OLine is healthy and decent? I think so, but I have been wrong before. Just as I think Cassel is the answer at QB. I don't think we can judge any offensive talent (other than our WR) until we have an OLine that is at least top 20 in the NFL.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 04:42 AM
You hit too many issues to address in one post. I am gonna leave his personal life outta this. The NFL doesn't like supposed racists like Limbaugh, but they love wife beaters, drunk drivers, and killers. I don't wanna even tread more on that topic here.

You realize that there is no lead for LJ to go. Barry Sanders would have trouble getting yards here. There is a reason that our RBs get no yards and our QB is sacked more often than bread specials at Hy Vee. It's not Johnson, it is our horrid Offensive Line.

I like LJ's hard hitting style. I believe he would be more productive if he were used more often toward the end of the games after the opponents DLine is wore. Instead we are passing like mad to catch up after 2 quarters of play and dumping the run game altogether.

Is he the answer if our OLine is healthy and decent? I think so, but I have been wrong before. Just as I think Cassel is the answer at QB. I don't think we can judge any offensive talent (other than our WR) until we have an OLine that is at least top 20 in the NFL.

Barry Sanders had a equally as bad line and thrived, I get the point though and agree.

Charles is finding holes and gaining yards, he is averaging 5 yards per carry.

Cassel was sacked more than anyone in the NFL last year behind a good oline.

I think you are confusing LJ with the LJ of 3-4 years ago...he doesn't punish anymore, he doesnt use any vision to see cutback lanes, he goes down on arm tackles by corners, he is limited to one or two average runs per game and cant block.

ChiefJustice
10-26-2009, 04:48 AM
You hit too many issues to address in one post. I am gonna leave his personal life outta this. The NFL doesn't like supposed racists like Limbaugh, but they love wife beaters, drunk drivers, and killers.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/rvf605.gif

KCWolfman
10-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Barry Sanders had a equally as bad line and thrived, I get the point though and agree.

Charles is finding holes and gaining yards, he is averaging 5 yards per carry.

Cassel was sacked more than anyone in the NFL last year behind a good oline.

I think you are confusing LJ with the LJ of 3-4 years ago...he doesn't punish anymore, he doesnt use any vision to see cutback lanes, he goes down on arm tackles by corners, he is limited to one or two average runs per game and cant block.

Cassel had a patchwork OLine in NE last year. Yates was so bad he was dumped midway through. Kaczur may be the only one returning this year as a starter (I dont follow them that closely so I will defer to Amnorix). But I believe it is Neal, Vollmer, Koppen, and Mankins along with Kaczur.

NewChief
10-26-2009, 05:57 AM
My wife thought LJ was really funny and clever with this tweet: "ToonIcon: @DrewK30 got nuthn to do wit hiring my father. But u wouldn't know cuz u don't play either so keep on the sideline lil gril n cheer" because she thought he'd coined a new term for the fanbase: "grill and cheers." Then I pointed out to her that he had just misspelled girl.

BigRedChief
10-26-2009, 06:12 AM
He should not be allowed to become the all time Chiefs rusher. No way, no how. Nope.

Remember how the fans treated Steve Bono when he dissed KC BBQ? Jeeezzz LJ slammed the KC fans on numerous occasions, his documented treatment of local KC women in indefensible and now he's going to go off again on the fans, his coach? why should we allow that to happen? He's not helping the team. He's no difference maker. Cut him now.

TEX
10-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Like it really matters what they do...

suds79
10-26-2009, 06:54 AM
How this guy still gets all the carries he does is beyond me.

Really makes me question what the coaches are seeing.

Earthling
10-26-2009, 06:59 AM
Maybe we can unload him to another team if we throw in a second and third round draft pick for them to take him off our hands.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 07:02 AM
i wouldnt cut him this year, thats what LJ wants, i would deactivate his ass for the rest of the season and make him watch from the sidelines, knowing his little precious record to become the chiefs all time leading rusheris under 100 yards away (of course it would take him 5 games to get it).

BossChief
10-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Maybe we can unload him to another team if we throw in a second and third round draft pick for them to take him off our hands.

fail

it'll take more than that

patteeu
10-26-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm one of the guys who voted to keep playing LJ. The rationale for my vote was that the Chiefs might as well use LJ up while they are rebuilding since they probably can't get much for him in trade. I'm no LJ fan by any stretch of the imagination.

But Steven St. John just made a good point on his radio program. LJ is on the verge of becoming the Chiefs all-time rusher. That's something I'd just as soon avoid. I change my vote to deactivate him and cut him at some point in the future. (I see that BigRedChief already made this point. I agree with him).

soundmind
10-26-2009, 07:12 AM
I originally voted to cut him, but I think benching him is actually the better play. Deactivate for the rest of the season, and send him packing. Sitting him on the bench would be a better "punishment" I think anyway. Let him have another sub-par statistical season, tell the world he sprained his vagina and lets move one. Career over.

Just please, make sure we do it before he owns Priest's record.

BigRedChief
10-26-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm one of the guys who voted to keep playing LJ. The rationale for my vote was that the Chiefs might as well use LJ up while they are rebuilding since they probably can't get much for him in trade. I'm no LJ fan by any stretch of the imagination.

But Steven St. John just made a good point on his radio program. LJ is on the verge of becoming the Chiefs all-time rusher. That's something I'd just as soon avoid. I change my vote to deactivate him and cut him at some point in the future. (I see that BigRedChief already made this point. I agree with him).
We can agree on something. :rolleyes:

patteeu
10-26-2009, 07:23 AM
We can agree on something. :rolleyes:

I don't really get the rolleyes. :shrug:

BossChief
10-26-2009, 07:23 AM
next year he is gonna make the league minimum somewhere on a 1 year deal fit for a malcontent 31 year old washed up runningback that cant block

BigRedChief
10-26-2009, 07:33 AM
I don't really get the rolleyes. :shrug:Irony.

patteeu
10-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Irony.

OK, whatever, I still don't get it.

booger
10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
With his twitter comments about pillowbiters it would be funny to see him traded to the 49ers.

I know the deadline has passed but he would be a hit in fruitloop land.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
nothing ... this year.

LJ is nothing but a tackling dummy for a losing season. Why waste hits on Charles in a season that means nothing. At the end of the season just cut him and move on.

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Make him become a fullback or have him refund his signing bonus.

booger
10-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Roger Goodell should make him March in the parade for punishment.

Front of the line larry, you carry the flag.

KcFanInGA
10-26-2009, 08:58 AM

Amen! I'm with you on that.

KcFanInGA
10-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Might be time for a new jersey.

keg in kc
10-26-2009, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't cut him, but I'd fine him for the twitter idiocy (you'd think there have to be some player conduct rules in place for that) and keep playing him. Hell, I'm not sure I can think of a worse punishment than making him play out the season.

stevieray
10-26-2009, 09:00 AM
put a box of diapers in his locker.

BigRedChief
10-26-2009, 09:00 AM
nothing ... this year.

LJ is nothing but a tackling dummy for a losing season. Why waste hits on Charles in a season that means nothing. At the end of the season just cut him and move on.
I'd rather not see him become the Chiefs all time leading rusher.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2009, 09:03 AM
I'd rather not see him become the Chiefs all time leading rusher.
fair enough ... i couldn't care less.

cut him

Redrum_69
10-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Isnt there a press conference today?

Bwana
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Make him the new jockstrap washer for the team. At least he would be of some use.

Redrum_69
10-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Make him the new jockstrap washer for the team. At least he would be of some use.

he'd still *uck things up, but average more yards per carry

booger
10-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Let him choose either go on a european tour with Elton John or hire Tony Dungy as his life coach like Vick did.

Christofire
10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
If this is a ploy by LJ to get out, waiting four days after the trade deadline expired to do it is exceedingly stupid. But if I'm Pioli, I'd pull a Al Davis/Marcus Allen on him. If LJ is this willing to make himself look like a cancer and destroy his tradeability, he can languish on the bench for all I care.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gdaddy
10-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Is this shocking to anyone? This guy is an ass, he is immature and his pride is hurt because he cant run anymore. It only gives him more fuel as we continue to discuss it. Even if we had more wins he would still be complaining that he isnt getting enough touches, blaming it on everyone but himself. This team sucks, so be it. The O line is terrible, HC is a hot head, etc. I didnt expect anymore than 3 wins this year, nothing is surprising me as of yet, LJ issue is definitely not a surprise!

Draft Mark Ingram from Alabama with our first pick next year....He is a beast...
They shouldnt let Larry run the ball EVER again as a chief. Do we really want this guy to hold the record for most rushing yards as a Chief? I know he needed 124 before the game started yesterday, clearly he didnt get that. He is our best back, but unworthy of Chiefs all time leading rusher.
He should be fined and suspended for his actions and the NFL needs to ban twitter...its a freaking waste of time anyway..

teedubya
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I don't want LJ to become the Franchise leading rusher... fuck that dude.

Cut him or deactivate it... or punch him in the mouth. I don't care.

Mr. Kansasski
10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I say spit on him, then cut her worthless turd *ss

GoHuge
10-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't really care about him calling Haley out, but as a professional and representative of the KC Chiefs and the NFL he needs to be gone for using a slur towards somebodies race, religion, heritage, or sexual orientation on a public forum and the next day calling the local media the same slur. Not only did he use it when he was mad, but did it after he thought about it and cameras in his face! If it was towards a black person, he was white, and used the N word. The Rev brothers Sharpton and Jackson would be beating down the NFL offices front doors. When I was about 19 I made a very concerted effort to rid the F and N words from my vocab. Those two can get you into more shit than any other ones out there in the world. Well LJ did it last night and then right into the microphones at Arrowhead today! Also if he is cut before the Jacksonville game the Chiefs don't owe him shit after his visit with the "Master." It would go against the salary cap, but the Chiefs wouldn't have to give him one cent. Comes out to $1.96 mill for the rest of the season.

Master sounds like a guy that could really own your ass Larry. Karma may end up being a real bitch for you buddy. I hope Clark has the stones to do it because this is turning into a national deal unfortunately. Those of you that know me know I'm not in the least bit sensitive, but it can be a PR disaster using those words in today's society. Hopefully this is Larry's disaster. Bye!

KCWolfman
10-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Is this shocking to anyone? This guy is an ass, he is immature and his pride is hurt because he cant run anymore. It only gives him more fuel as we continue to discuss it. Even if we had more wins he would still be complaining that he isnt getting enough touches, blaming it on everyone but himself. This team sucks, so be it. The O line is terrible, HC is a hot head, etc. I didnt expect anymore than 3 wins this year, nothing is surprising me as of yet, LJ issue is definitely not a surprise!

Draft Mark Ingram from Alabama with our first pick next year....He is a beast...
They shouldnt let Larry run the ball EVER again as a chief. Do we really want this guy to hold the record for most rushing yards as a Chief? I know he needed 124 before the game started yesterday, clearly he didnt get that. He is our best back, but unworthy of Chiefs all time leading rusher.
He should be fined and suspended for his actions and the NFL needs to ban twitter...its a freaking waste of time anyway..

I would rather draft a solid Oline with every single pick to be perfectly honest. Nothing against the RB, I just think our Offense will continue to be a large turd until we have a good line

CaliforniaChief
10-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I actually voted to deactivate him, but the more I think about it the more I think they should just cut him outright.

You just can't move things in the right direction while you have a jackass like Larry Johnson becoming the center of a circus. The backpedaling his agent tried to do continues to be drowned out by his asinine tactics and comments.

Whatever "value" he would have on the open market at the end of the season is completely drowned out by the distraction he is. If he was even a good player on this roster I would consider just putting up with it and moving on.

But there's just too much stuff now. Poor judgment off the field, poor judgment on the field, no value as a leader in the locker room, and now publicly undermining the coach is too much.

Although I DO think they should let him get to within a yard of the rushing record, than rip him off the field and do him in front of everyone. And if he does by chance break the record by a few yards, run some delay draws behind Goff to fix the problem.

I'm excited to see what Kolby Smith can do.

Iowanian
10-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Put his ass on the inactive list...trade him to a team that is worse than the Chiefs with less night life with a stadium further from the airport.

If they cut him this morning, I wouldn't lose any sleep about it. He runs like he's wearing 10lb shoes.

Warrior5
10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Whether they cut him or inactivate him, LJ should not play another down as a Chief. No carries, no passes, no snaps, period.

I wanted his thug ass gone before last season.

Piss on LJ.

wild1
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
It was a huge, huge mistake to carry him to the active roster this year from training camp. His salary, $5 million or whatever it is? It would be better in the bank spent on no one.

booger
10-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Isnt there a press conference today?

live @ 3:30 kcchiefs.com

raybec 4
10-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Fuck LJ and his dad.

DeepSouth
10-26-2009, 02:09 PM
After the under-his-breath comments to the media today in the locker room, the Chiefs might not have to deal with him. The league might suspend him without pay.

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Ego.
What?
Ego.
What do you mean?
Ego.
Huh?
Ego.

KCUnited
10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Guy on 810 said if Haley tries that 'I'm not aware of anything like that' during the pc, he is going to read the tweets to him.

Inspector
10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Heard on the radio - suspension.

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 02:21 PM
i hope he goes to the eagles and rips it up with a real nfl team

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Unless Haley is putting on some front, I don't think he is going to give a flying **** about LJ and his twitter.You are such a fucking retard...:shake:

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I wouldnt cut him. I'd just sit him a few weeks. Maybe longer...

GoHuge
10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Well a follow up from the presser:

Haley proud he came up the route he did. (Gotta admit he was around the good ones.

When someone questions whether he is good enough to coach in the NFL since had never played at that level does that bother him? "Not at all. Valid question"

Jamaal Charles is starting to "get it" and was happy with alot he did.

Albert is close. Almost went Sunday.

Kolby Smith looks good and will have plenty of opportunity to to be ready to go when we play Jacksonville.

Translation after Smith and Charles comments:

Larry,

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/chalkitdown/TV%20Shows/Entourage/arigtfo.gif

Jilly
10-26-2009, 03:44 PM
between this and his interview on 810 before training camp started, cut him. He doesn't want to be here. And the thing is, we don't need him here. He lost his burst a long time ago when he stopped running with anger and passion. His worst flaw, back when he and Priest played together was that he wasn't patient like Priest to follow his blockers. Now he's patient, but he's too slow, he waits like 2 seconds before following the blockers (when they're there), just my take

wild1
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Don't cut him. Don't deactivate him. Simply leave him standing on the sideline in his uniform and never call his number to get into the game. Not one carry the rest of the season.

Simply Red
10-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Cook him up some hot wings and cube up some watermelon. That'll help him out.

Jilly
10-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Cook him up some hot wings and cube up some watermelon. That'll help him out.

:cuss: You gonna join the what can I say to push Jilly's buttons line with vailpass?

Simply Red
10-26-2009, 04:01 PM
:cuss: You gonna join the what can I say to push Jilly's buttons line with vailpass?

i just said that as a joke. Believe me, i'm far from racial and all of the black posters on here know that.

Simply Red
10-26-2009, 04:07 PM
this -> http://i35.tinypic.com/2zei1oj.gif

CaliforniaChief
10-26-2009, 04:08 PM
It's too bad we didn't draft Sanchez. He and LJ could have grilled some hot dogs on the sideline.

patteeu
10-26-2009, 04:22 PM
between this and his interview on 810 before training camp started, cut him. He doesn't want to be here. And the thing is, we don't need him here. He lost his burst a long time ago when he stopped running with anger and passion. His worst flaw, back when he and Priest played together was that he wasn't patient like Priest to follow his blockers. Now he's patient, but he's too slow, he waits like 2 seconds before following the blockers (when they're there), just my take

That is so true.

Johnny Vegas
10-26-2009, 04:22 PM
shit the pace the Chiefs are on now they won't have a new leading rusher for a decade. So don't even think someone will just come in and have a hay day on the gridiron once he's gone. That line will need a resurrection next week in order for there to be a new leading rusher in 5 years.