PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet We should of kept Herm one more year.

13and3
10-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Anybody besides me believe Herm could have done no worse than Halley, and most possibly a little bit better. Consider this Herm knew already with out of doubt his o-line and receiver core needed help. Would not have Herm pushed to draft O-line this year, maybe even wide receiver? Would not herm kept Chain Galley and we still would have picked up Matt Cassel. Would not have Herm looked to add free agents to the d-line who could have helped with pass rush. If we had just added vrabel like we did to our same 4-3 defense from last year would we have not been better? Tank Tyler had some talent, Turk McBride had some talent, D.J. has some talent, Pollard was at least no more questionable than Mike Brown. Keeping Herm one more year would have allowed us to the opportunity to get a real coach 2010, now we are stuck treading water again, sinking slowly. The preacher man had his pluses and minuses, I have yet to see what Halley's pluses are besides pissing off players.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 07:04 AM
LMAO, this thread is gonna go no where

BossChief
10-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Anybody besides me believe Herm could have done no worse than Halley, and most possibly a little bit better. Consider this Herm knew already with out of doubt his o-line and receiver core needed help. Would not have Herm pushed to draft O-line this year, maybe even wide receiver? Would not herm kept Chain Galley and we still would have picked up Matt Cassel. Would not have Herm looked to add free agents to the d-line who could have helped with pass rush. If we had just added vrabel like we did to our same 4-3 defense from last year would we have not been better? Tank Tyler had some talent, Turk McBride had some talent, D.J. has some talent, Pollard was at least no more questionable than Mike Brown. Keeping Herm one more year would have allowed us to the opportunity to get a real coach 2010, now we are stuck treading water again, sinking slowly. The preacher man had his pluses and minuses, I have yet to see what Halley's pluses are besides pissing off players.

I think its funny that you spell Halley with two ls and Gailey totally wrong, but can spell Cassel correctly.

btw good luck getting out or rep hell with the Herm stuff, it isnt gonna be easy.

this is just a classic dumb post that is worthy of my first ever neg rep.

congrats

13and3
LMAO, this thread is gonna go no where
You are probally right, no one cares for the truth. We have all drunk to much Koolaid, about how bad Herm was and believed you could not do worse, but if the timing is right it is apparent, that we can.

MIAdragon
nope.

13and3
10-26-2009, 07:12 AM
I think its funny that you spell Halley with two ls and Gailey totally wrong, but can spell Cassel correctly.

btw good luck getting out or rep hell with the Herm stuff, it isnt gonna be easy.

this is just a classic dumb post that is worthy of my first ever neg rep.

congrats

What is so dumb about it, the worst you can find is a misspelling?

The Bad Guy
10-26-2009, 07:25 AM
I love this line of thinking. 6 wins in 2 years. 6 and people are pining for Herm back?

Please also stop talking like you are speaking the truth.

This whole "We suck now, but we sucked a little less so that was good" line of thinking is hilarious and the ultimate form of being a true loser.

kstater
10-26-2009, 07:26 AM
Leave the guy alone, Herm did take the Chiefs to the playoffs.

TEX
10-26-2009, 07:26 AM
Nope. Herm had to go ASAP. Whatever the record, the Chiefs as team and organization are better off without Herm Edwards. Period.

Lex Luthors
10-26-2009, 07:28 AM
The only way this argument works would be if the Chiefs kept Herm for one more year and then would up with Gruden as head coach.

KCFalcon59
10-26-2009, 07:32 AM

Get out!!

13and3
10-26-2009, 07:34 AM
I love this line of thinking. 6 wins in 2 years. 6 and people are pining for Herm back?

Please also stop talking like you are speaking the truth.

This whole "We suck now, but we sucked a little less so that was good" line of thinking is hilarious and the ultimate form of being a true loser.

I do not know if people are actually watching the game or paying attention to reality, Tod Haley has done 0 to improve this team, his 22 players off the street, is worse than the 22 we already had. I am not saying Herm was a good coach, but we have made it harder to get a great one next year. What did firing him and bringing Todd do for us? Besides create 2 more transitional years? One from Herm-Haley and one more from Haley-?. If you have a ugly wife you don't leave her for someone who is just as ugly. Or maybe haley is a rebound coach.

cookster50
10-26-2009, 07:35 AM
How about you go somewhere and die alone.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 07:35 AM
What is so dumb about it, the worst you can find is a misspelling?

do you really want me to explain?

OK

What defensive linemen would have came here? Hayneworth for the 120 million it would have taken for him to come here? Notice what he has done in Washington? Trade for Peppers? I can see Seymour, but for a first rounder? LOL

You think Vrabel would be here (as if he has been a good addition)? How exactly? Trade another DP? LOL

you think we would have "picked up" Matt Cassel (as if that is a good addition) again, trade another DP? LOL

I gotta stop, I fear that "the dumb" is contagious.

THIS IS MY 420th POST

13and3
10-26-2009, 07:36 AM
My point exactly, but i am thinking Cowher.

Galileo Humpkins
10-26-2009, 07:37 AM
We should of kept Herm one more year.

http://i37.tinypic.com/bfgpqf.jpg

BossChief
10-26-2009, 07:42 AM
My point exactly, but i am thinking Cowher.

OMG it gets better.

Just our username alone deserves a neg rep.

fuck 13n3 it always spelled doom for us.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 07:43 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL

I rarely rep posts, bad or good, but this thread deserves a bad for the starter and a good for this post.

thats some funny shit.

13and3
10-26-2009, 07:45 AM
do you really want me to explain?

OK

What defensive linemen would have came here? Hayneworth for the 120 million it would have taken for him to come here? Notice what he has done in Washington? Trade for Peppers? I can see Seymour, but for a first rounder? LOL

You think Vrabel would be here (as if he has been a good addition)? How exactly? Trade another DP? LOL

you think we would have "picked up" Matt Cassel (as if that is a good addition) again, trade another DP? LOL

I gotta stop, I fear that "the dumb" is contagious.

THIS IS MY 420th POST

I am sorry sir, but the gm traded for Cassel and Vrabel, for a 2nd round pick not the Head Coach. No reason to believe it could not have happen with Herm here.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 07:47 AM
ROFL

cookster50
10-26-2009, 07:47 AM
The murder rate would be a lot higher if Herm was around. That and the suicide rate.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 07:48 AM
I am sorry sir, but the gm traded for Cassel and Vrabel, for a 2nd round pick not the Head Coach. No reason to believe it could not have happen with Herm here.

dude show some damage control and shut this topic down before more people wake up.

just sayin...you're about to be butt-rapped with all of the biggest rep sticks in the universe!

Have fun!

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 07:49 AM
they both need to go

OnTheWarpath15
10-26-2009, 07:50 AM

ROFL

Rep. And that gif is going to be "stolen" and put in the rotation.

wutamess
10-26-2009, 07:51 AM
I think he has a point.

Ty Jackson sure as hell wouldn't have been our 3rd pick (to be a role player). Pretty sure it would've been God in LB form.

So instead of a bunch of WhoTF's on the defense we have...

Dorsey, Hali, Tank, Turk, Boon & Edwards
D. Johnson, God, D. Williams, Vrabel, Mays, & possibly Butcher
Page, Pollard, Flowers & Carr, Macgraw, Brown.

D. Bowe would probably be more involved in the offense and not only a break glass in case of emergency solution.

I'm not really seeing any progress out of this team via talent or attitude.
Hopefully it changes but don't see it happening anytime soon.

Coach
10-26-2009, 07:51 AM

That's awesome.

Rep.

Bugeater
10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Yeeeaaahhhh....no. Herm's ass should've been out the door the day after the regular season ended, the fact that he was allowed to hang around another month is the reason we're stuck with the guys with have now.

jidar
10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
This is retarded.

13and3
10-26-2009, 07:56 AM
dude show some damage control and shut this topic down before more people wake up.

just sayin...you're about to be butt-rapped with all of the biggest rep sticks in the universe!

Have fun!

Man, i could care less about some rep points, last check it don't put no money in my pocket. What I care about is watching a franchise, who had way to much patience with its gm. but never enough with the head coach loose every year because of it. In another year everyone won't be able to get Haley out of here fast enough, and by then all the good coaches are gone. And then repeat the proccess, all over again.

13and3
10-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Yeeeaaahhhh....no. Herm's ass should've been out the door the day after the regular season ended, the fact that he was allowed to hang around another month is the reason we're stuck with the guys with have now.
Yeah, we could have had McDaniels.

notorious
10-26-2009, 07:59 AM
It's pretty sad when you can look at last year in a positive light in any way. We didn't have any direction then, and it seems like we have no direction now.

CoMoChief
10-26-2009, 08:00 AM

Herm's fucking retarded......there's my argument.

wutamess
10-26-2009, 08:00 AM

McDaniels aint the solution... you guys are expecting coaches to turn chicken s;hit to sugar.

It aint happening... we don't have the talent here.

13and3
10-26-2009, 08:03 AM
McDaniels aint the solution... you guys are expecting coaches to turn chicken s;hit to sugar.

Yeah I was being sarcastic.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah I was being sarcastic.

I am truly hoping that this whole thread is sarcastic.... Please tell me it is! You cant be this retarded? Please?

13and3
10-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Man I knew Haley was a train wreck before he ever got here. I even knew Herm couldn't coach, but what I don't understand is why we get rid of a bad coach for a inexperienced temper tantrum, blowhard, go for it on your own 40 coach. I have seen allot mistakes form herm but never something so stupid. This guy coaches like he is playing madden 09.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Man I knew Haley was a train wreck before he ever got here. I even knew Herm couldn't coach, but what I don't understand is why we get rid of a bad coach for a inexperienced temper tantrum, blowhard, go for it on your own 40 coach. I have seen allot mistakes form herm but never something so stupid. This guy coaches like he is playing madden 09.

Holy Shit! R U serious? Well I was hoping you would never go full retard, even asked in a serious polite way if this was sarcastic.... This is total fail....

kc rush
10-26-2009, 08:20 AM

Basically you are saying that you don't like Haley, so you would rather have Herm, correct?

I could see saying Haley is bad and makes stupid mistakes and I wish we had other options, but wishing we retained Herm for even one more year is beyond stupid.

Herm sucks ass as a coach and shouldn't be anywhere near a football field. If you can't see that, there is no hope for you.

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 08:23 AM
I think Clark's instincts may have been correct. He tried to get Pioli to hang on to Edwards for 1 more year. A transition year. Okay, then at least hang on to Gailey.

He let Pioli talk him out of it. Of course it's early yet.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2009, 08:23 AM
n00bs....ROFL

13and3
10-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Holy Shit! R U serious? Well I was hoping you would never go full retard, even asked in a serious polite way if this was sarcastic.... This is total fail....
I am not buying into all this b.s about Herm being the worst coach ever, especially since the new regime has made 0 improvement from last year. The only reason i posted this is to solicit rational responses from a thinking crowd but too many people only regurgitate the same b.s. they here others say and are too scared to speak the truth. Nobody yet has refuted anything of my original hypothesis. There is truth to the term mindless masses.

Bwana
10-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Oh HELL NO!! Yeah, it's broke, but lets not even try to fix it. Good Lord! Please turn in your gate pass when you leave the room.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 08:27 AM
this has got to be the dumbest fucking thread on Chiefs planet of all time

13and3
10-26-2009, 08:30 AM
I think Clark's instincts may have been correct. He tried to get Pioli to hang on to Edwards for 1 more year. A transition year. Okay, then at least hang on to Gailey.

He let Pioli talk him out of it. Of course it's early yet.
I wonder if it is possible even if egoli is quesioning that decision now, does anyone ever consider this? I mean for godsakes even Clark wanted the man reconsidered, doesn't that count for anyhting? Im sure they both knew all the good coaches would only be availabe in 2010.

13and3
10-26-2009, 08:33 AM
n00bs....ROFL

I have been of c.p. longer than u have, if u didn't notice, but also have other things going so sorry if i dont post everyday.

kc rush
10-26-2009, 08:34 AM
I am not buying into all this b.s about Herm being the worst coach ever, especially since the new regime has made 0 improvement from last year. The only reason i posted this is to solicit rational responses from a thinking crowd but too many people only regurgitate the same b.s. they here others say and are too scared to speak the truth. Nobody yet has refuted anything of my original hypothesis. There is truth to the term mindless masses.

Question - Do you think this team had enough talent at the end of last year to compete for a playoff spot?

Herm did. If Herm truly believed that the team was 85% complete, he can not evaluate talent. If he can't evaluate the talent his team has, he can't coach it properly.

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
I wonder if it is possible even if egoli is quesioning that decision now, does anyone ever consider this? I mean for godsakes even Clark wanted the man reconsidered, doesn't that count for anyhting? Im sure they both knew all the good coaches would only be availabe in 2010.

Maybe Herm wouldn't be the foot shuffling porter. That's all he would have been. Who the **** knows who the DC would be, Gun was out. Herm's control would have been nil.

Buehler445
10-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh my fucking Christ. What the fuck is the matter with you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
10-26-2009, 08:37 AM
I have been of c.p. longer than u have, if u didn't notice, but also have other things going so sorry if i dont post everyday.

Trust me, I can see why you don't post everyday. ROFL

Fish
10-26-2009, 08:43 AM
We are a talentless team. No coach is going to be able to immediately turn that around by coaching alone. Lots of people were convinced that all this team needed was new coaching and we'd be competitive in a few years.

Now we're seeing the new coach that everyone had such high hopes for struggle with the exact same things Herm did. I had kinda hoped that this would cause some to look at how badly they had piled blame on Herm for things that weren't his fault. But evidently not. The Herm hate will forever remain, despite how often the new regime does the same things.

People see what they want to see I guess.

Gonzo
10-26-2009, 08:43 AM
this has got to be the dumbest ****ing thread on Chiefs planet of all time

Unlikely...

But it is the dumbest fucking thread this week so far...

Dave Lane
10-26-2009, 08:44 AM

Ummm he had a job BEFORE Pioli came here. Son, fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

big nasty kcnut
10-26-2009, 08:45 AM
WTF this thread suck ass. Please someone carpet bomb his ass with neg rep please.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 08:45 AM
We are a talentless team. No coach is going to be able to immediately turn that around by coaching alone. Lots of people were convinced that all this team needed was new coaching and we'd be competitive in a few years.

Now we're seeing the new coach that everyone had such high hopes for struggle with the exact same things Herm did. I had kinda hoped that this would cause some to look at how badly they had piled blame on Herm for things that weren't his fault. But evidently not. The Herm hate will forever remain, despite how often the new regime does the same things.

Awesome Post KC Fish...

but from my point of view.. I fucking wish Herm was ran over by a subway train when he was being fried in NYJ and never stepped foot in KC....

Herm can die in a camp fire for all I am concerned...

Dave Lane
10-26-2009, 08:46 AM

Bad drafting + Horrible coaching = Herm Edwards.

A very lethal combination and one you don't recover from in a season.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 08:47 AM

sprinkle in a touch of DV and you have - "Failed Franchise" as your main course...

keg in kc
10-26-2009, 08:47 AM
LMAO

Ummm he had a job BEFORE Pioli came here. Son, fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.Hey, it's worked fine for me.

13and3
10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Question - Do you think this team had enough talent at the end of last year to compete for a playoff spot?

Herm did. If Herm truly believed that the team was 85% complete, he can not evaluate talent. If he can't evaluate the talent his team has, he can't coach it properly.

As a longtime cheifs fan, I am very tired of loosing, and only interested in foward progress. I think Flowers, Carr, Dorsey, Albert, Bowe (all drafted by Edwards),and possibly Cassel are forward progress. But i am not interseted in stale mating another effing year, drafting d-line just to change to a 3-4 scheme or trading away players for next to nothing. I want progress, and news to all you people who evidently haven't been seeing the ass kickings we have been recieving this year this aint it. Some one once said if you arent getting better you are getting worse. WTF drafting tyson jackson, look at our o-line it is horseshit, who among us didin't know that? Get rid of T.G, for a 2nd rounder, fine but who you gone throw the ball too, Bradley, 96 year old Toomer, or Engram. 0000.000 improvement. Another effing year down the drain.

Redrum_69
10-26-2009, 08:51 AM
A loss builds character. The Chiefs are loaded with character. Now only if they would develop a heart and maybe some basic skills, maybe starting by protecting the QB. Also having the worst RB in the league doesnt help the trainwreck, but you get what you pay for. There wont be any competitive aspect for this team until the third year of a coaches life. Herm was just a hemorroid on the asshat Peterson.

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 08:54 AM
your mother is like a Chiefs QB...

TEX
10-26-2009, 08:56 AM

Exactly. He was a fool which is why he had to go sooner rather than later. ALso, I think Hailey was Pioli's guy from the get go so retaining Herm for that month was no big deal. We didn't miss out on experienced coaches cause Pioli wanted Hailey.

KcFanInGA
10-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Jesus, I wondered who would start a thread this idiotic, but after seeing your grammar and sentence structure on top of your apparrent disdain for any type of intelligence, I know. Dumbest thread ever.

Redrum_69
10-26-2009, 08:58 AM

Your mom is like LJ....blames others for her problems, compulsive *uckup, and you pay the bitch to do her job and she doesnt meet expectations

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 08:58 AM

She takes a pounding every sunday? ROFL

kc rush
10-26-2009, 09:05 AM
As a longtime cheifs fan, I am very tired of loosing, and only interested in foward progress.

We all are tired of the losing and want forward progress; do you really think we would get that with Herm?

I think Flowers, Carr, Dorsey, Albert, Bowe (all drafted by Edwards),and possibly Cassel are forward progress.

I'm not sure about Carr, but even at that you have listed 6 players off of a 53 man roster. This is not anywhere near 85% complete as Herm claimed.

But i am not interseted in stale mating another effing year, drafting d-line just to change to a 3-4 scheme or trading away players for next to nothing. I want progress, and news to all you people who evidently haven't been seeing the ass kickings we have been recieving this year this aint it.

A lot of people were unhappy with the switch to a 3-4 and the drafting philosophy this year, but that isn't an argument for keeping Herm.

Some one once said if you arent getting better you are getting worse.

And this is your argument for keeping Herm? The guy won 6 games the last 2 seasons and the team was regressing. That isn't even staying in neutral, that is failing completely.

WTF drafting tyson jackson, look at our o-line it is horseshit, who among us didin't know that? Get rid of T.G, for a 2nd rounder, fine but who you gone throw the ball too, Bradley, 96 year old Toomer, or Engram. 0000.000 improvement. Another effing year down the drain.

The o-line sucks because Carl, Vermeil, Herm and now Haley/Pioli have not addressed it. This is a failing on the organizations part. Keeping Herm would not have solved that.

13and3
10-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Let me do some math for everyone. Herm on a scale of 1to10=2
Halley on a scale of 1to10=2. 2-2=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

BossChief
10-26-2009, 09:13 AM
As a longtime cheifs fan, I am very tired of loosing, and only interested in foward progress. I think Flowers, Carr, Dorsey, Albert, Bowe (all drafted by Edwards),and possibly Cassel are forward progress. But i am not interseted in stale mating another effing year, drafting d-line just to change to a 3-4 scheme or trading away players for next to nothing. I want progress, and news to all you people who evidently haven't been seeing the ass kickings we have been recieving this year this aint it. Some one once said if you arent getting better you are getting worse. WTF drafting tyson jackson, look at our o-line it is horseshit, who among us didin't know that? Get rid of T.G, for a 2nd rounder, fine but who you gone throw the ball too, Bradley, 96 year old Toomer, or Engram. 0000.000 improvement. Another effing year down the drain.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD YOU CANT EVEN SPELL CHIEFS RIGHT!

SenselessChiefsFan
10-26-2009, 09:13 AM
The thing that bothers me, is that the Chiefs had more talent going into camp than they had last year. They have a stable QB situation and are a worse team.

And, Haley's gameday management makes Herm Edwards look like Vince Lombardi.

I think it is a process, and think that Haley gets three years, or to the point that he loses the team.... whichever comes first.

Now, with Herm, I think the Chiefs would have put together a better team and have a .500 type team this year.

That is why I am glad he is gone. Once he got back up to respectable.... he would have been here for three more years.

And, I don't think he would have ever gotten us to the Super Bowl.

kaplin42
10-26-2009, 09:18 AM

:shake:

BossChief
10-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Now, with Herm, I think the Chiefs would have put together a better team and have a .500 type team this year.

ummmmmmmmmmmm..........what?

wild1
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
I can't believe anyone thinks Herm should still be an NFL head coach

BossChief
10-26-2009, 09:22 AM
does rep go in to the negative? If so, what is your rep right now? I only hit ya once and I got a little stick (but I know how to use it and that all that counts according to my gf lol)

13and3
10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD YOU CANT EVEN SPELL CHIEFS RIGHT!

Man, you are a looser without a take, more worried about typos and misspellings than actual debate. This is the internet you are not in 3rd grade. This is the same corner your small mildness puts you in eveytime you can't generate any real substance in your argument .Stop posting every day, get a life and become a English teacher, there is your passion.

kaplin42
10-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Let me do some math for everyone. Herm on a scale of 1to10=2
Halley on a scale of 1to10=2. 2-2=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Please put your helmet back on before posting.

Herm was abysmal. I will admit I was even excited when he came to the Chiefs. But after seeing how he basicaly bent the organization over for 2 years, I'm glad he is gone.

You may or may not like Haley, but I tell you what, I doubt any coach could be doing much better with the team the Chiefs have right now. The talent is at an all time low, and the few talented players that they do have, don't give a fuck (LJ, Bowe).

Bwana
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
This thread won't end well.

http://www.coolavatars.net/avatars/50/halo-gun.gif

BossChief
10-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Man, you are a looser without a take, more worried about typos and misspellings than actual debate. This is the internet you are not in 3rd grade. This is the same corner your small mildness puts you in eveytime you can't generate any real substance in your argument .Stop posting every day, get a life and become a English teacher, there is your passion.

looser without a take?

really?

I dont really are when people are misspelling random words so much, but really you should be able to spell CHIEFS when the word is on your screen about ten times and it is the team you are a "longtime fan of"

I posted exactly why this topic is a complete abortion of fail on the first page, everyone has made their opinion of your level of idiot well known.

Keeping upping the level of fail and you will go into the HOF of fail to be laughed at for years to come.

This thread should be sticky'd for all to remember.

13and3
10-26-2009, 09:37 AM
does rep go in to the negative? If so, what is your rep right now? I only hit ya once and I got a little stick (but I know how to use it and that all that counts according to my gf lol)

I have never cared for rep, check my post. I don't need people to validate me. You do? It makes you feel good huh. I do my own thing and tell the truth, even when i lie.

MichaelH
10-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Hermie is one of the biggest reasons why the Chiefs (that's I before E) are bad this year. He was a poor talent evaluator and a terrible head coach. I'd rather take a few years of rebuilding and heading in the right direction than never going anywhere and listening to Hermie's empty air press conferences.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM

Well Played!!!!! :clap:

13and3
10-26-2009, 09:45 AM
looser without a take?

really?

I dont really are when people are misspelling random words so much, but really you should be able to spell CHIEFS when the word is on your screen about ten times and it is the team you are a "longtime fan of"

I posted exactly why this topic is a complete abortion of fail on the first page, everyone has made their opinion of your level of idiot well known.

Keeping upping the level of fail and you will go into the HOF of fail to be laughed at for years to come.

This thread should be sticky'd for all to remember.

I dont really are?
Doesn't the word dont have a ', its a conjunction right? Truth hurts don't it? Rep points on a nfl website of one of the one of the worst teams in the nfl is the only real achievement you have thus far in life.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 09:47 AM
This thread won't end well.

http://www.coolavatars.net/avatars/50/halo-gun.gif

that kind of funny, because it didnt start well either

BossChief
10-26-2009, 09:50 AM
I have never cared for rep, check my post. I don't need people to validate me. You do? It makes you feel good huh. I do my own thing and tell the truth, even when i lie.

I always tell the truth, I dont care when a few people disagree with me, no matter who they are, its expected on a message board...its when every single person disagrees that I wonder if what I am thinking is wrong (if that ever happens to me).

understand?

Rep is a good barometer to see if you are retarded or not in your opinions, yours is probably very telling.

like someone said, I know why you have been here so long but have soo little posts...I suggest going back to read only and not posting till you get better.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 09:53 AM
I dont really are?
Doesn't the word dont have a ', its a conjunction right? Truth hurts don't it? Rep points on a nfl website of one of the one of the worst teams in the nfl is the only real achievement you have thus far in life.

Anyone that knows me knows this is full retard.

Lets just say I do very well for myself.

13and3
10-26-2009, 09:53 AM
I always tell the truth, I dont care when a few people disagree with me, no matter who they are, its expected on a message board...its when every single person disagrees that I wonder if what I am thinking is wrong (if that ever happens to me).

understand?

Rep is a good barometer to see if you are retarded or not in your opinions, yours is probably very telling.

like someone said, I know why you have been here so long but have soo little posts...I suggest going back to read only and not posting till you get better.

i got over 500,000 points playing pacman once.

Easy 6
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
WTF this thread suck ass. Please someone carpet bomb his ass with neg rep please.

...ROFL

Fish
10-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Herm was, and still is, a convenient scapegoat for most people regarding the last few years. A thread like this will never ever get anywhere due to the bitter hatred people still hold for Herm. Look at the number of people still using Herm hate for their avatars and signatures. People took absolutely every facet of what they disliked about the entire organization over the last few years and assigned all those emotions to that picture of Herm grinning from ear to ear. He was, and is, the ultimate whipping boy for people's frustration with the team.

It's best to just look forward from here and not even make comparisons such as this. Despite the best of intentions, nothing good will ever come out of this type of thread. Ever. You could lay it out in the most logical and convincing manner possible, and people would still never allow themselves to see anything but hate. Just give it up.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Herm was, and still is, a convenient scapegoat for most people regarding the last few years. A thread like this will never ever get anywhere due to the bitter hatred people still hold for Herm. Look at the number of people still using Herm hate for their avatars and signatures. People took absolutely every facet of what they disliked about the entire organization over the last few years and assigned all those emotions to that picture of Herm grinning from ear to ear. He was, and is, the ultimate whipping boy for people's frustration with the team.

It's best to just look forward from here and not even make comparisons such as this. Despite the best of intentions, nothing good will ever come out of this type of thread. Ever. You could lay it out in the most logical and convincing manner possible, and people would still never allow themselves to see anything but hate. Just give it up.

This x10

Galileo Humpkins
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM

A visual demonstration is always nice.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5807/alberteinsteinu.jpg

VS.

http://s1.postimage.org/10V3v0.jpg

I got a little stick (but I know how to use it and that all that counts according to my gf lol)

NTTAWWT.

Lbedrock1
10-26-2009, 10:10 AM

The wonderful thing about this is that it's your opinion, dont pay attention to those that will give you a neg rep for stating your opinion, because if they had the answer they would be coaching the chiefs right now and we would be giving them the coaching praise we all want to give right now. We all want the chiefs to win a super bowl so we are all on the same side, We just disagree on how to get there. I happened to agree that we should have kept herm for 1 more year or hired a coach that has had success (ie Marty, cohwer, gruden hell I would have even taken denvers coach). For those that like haleys tough approach, Gruden would have given you that. We hire a man who has never been a head coach and he comes in with no record trying to be this Bad Azz who has now lost this team. If you watch the game closely you will notice that this team quit. They didnt just lose they quit. For those that like haley enjoy this losing because it will not get better this year. This team may squeak out another win but they will not be progressing to getting better. Mark my words he has lost the team and only because of his approach toward his player. There has to be a mixture of hardness, kindness, and teaching to build a team that will die on the field for you and I think most of these guy would rather lose just to get rid of him.........the future will tell.

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:11 AM

Thank you sir, I knew my argument wouldn't be received well, I just hoped that maybe I could be the voice of frustration of the apparent ineptitude of not only our scouting and drafting but hiring and firing of head coaches by ownership and management. Every new coach not only means a fresh start but a restart as well, how many do over's and mulligan's can we endure.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 10:12 AM
i got over 500,000 points playing pacman once.

Funny if it isnt any concern for you? They why disable your rep? ROFL

kc rush
10-26-2009, 10:13 AM

People are still talking about the failures of Carl, Marty, Gunther and Vermeil too.

Herm brought a lot of the hate on himself by regressing every year as a coach, killing the positives left over from the DV era, and continually running his mouth.

Outside of bringing the downfall of Carl, I have yet to see a "logical and convincing" reason why Herm was a positive for this franchise.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 10:14 AM

Herm was such a victim.... Poor Poor Herm...

wutamess
10-26-2009, 10:16 AM

I'm not so sure about the bad drafting. They were coming along. The jury is still out on Hailey but I don't think his drafts have impacted the Chiefs positively as Herm's did.

TEX
10-26-2009, 10:17 AM

Maybe you're right. However, that doesn't change the fact that Herm was a terrible coach...

BigChiefFan
10-26-2009, 10:19 AM
People are still talking about the failures of Carl, Marty, Gunther and Vermeil too.

Herm brought a lot of the hate on himself by regressing every year as a coach, killing the positives left over from the DV era, and continually running his mouth.

Outside of bringing the downfall of Carl, I have yet to see a "logical and convincing" reason why Herm was a positive for this franchise.
Agreed.

Fish
10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Herm was such a victim.... Poor Poor Herm...

You were one of the worst about it too. You still trip over yourself trying to criticize Herm when the cool kids are piling on. And when it came to actually discussing anything, you'd throw up a few smileys and laugh about it.

notorious
10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Herm was the biggest pile of shit coach I have ever seen. He made in-game decisions that were absolutely baffling. In the few games we were in a position to make the kill shot he became the most conservative asshat on the planet.

Anybody that says we should have kept him should snort Antifreeze.

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I must admit i really enjoy as apparently does the majority of c.p.. Every year or 2 getting a new coach in, getting a new system, and drafing defensive with our first pick. Give them a year, rinse and repeat. We never need to consolidate our gains, lets just keep rolling the dice.

BigChiefFan
10-26-2009, 10:28 AM
I must admit i really enjoy as apparently does the majority of c.p.. Every year or 2 getting a new coach in, getting a new system, and drafing defensive with our first pick. Give them a year, rinse and repeat. We never need to consolidate our gains, lets just keep rolling the dice.
Yea, no need to change after winning just 6 games in Herm's final two years.:rolleyes:

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Herm was the biggest pile of shit coach I have ever seen. He made in-game decisions that were absolutely baffling. In the few games we were in a position to make the kill shot he became the most conservative asshat on the planet.

Anybody that says we should have kept him should snort Antifreeze.

You are right, what we need are kill shots from our on 40, in the first quarter, 4th down is a running situation. I think we should trade our punter, for a 5th, we don't need him.

kc rush
10-26-2009, 10:32 AM

So you truly believe that Herm would have turned this franchise around and brought a Superbowl champion to KC? If that is what you feel, great, go with that.

Based on his history and actions, I am of the belief that he was incapable. Because of that and because we had a new GM, it was time to make a change. Is Haley (or even Pioli) the right choice, only time will tell, but from everything I've seen, not liking Haley was not a reason to keep Herm.

13and3
Yea, no need to change after winning just 6 games in Herm's final two years.:rolleyes:

Again change was needed, but this change was ill-timed and mis-judged.

Reerun_KC
You were one of the worst about it too. You still trip over yourself trying to criticize Herm when the cool kids are piling on. And when it came to actually discussing anything, you'd throw up a few smileys and laugh about it.

Thats bullshit, there wasnt one person who bashed Herm more than myself from the day he was hired.... Would be nice if you followed along from the beginning, instead of picking up a book and starting reading from the middle...

You can go back and search everyone of my posts from the day Herm was hired. I took more greif from the homers and cool kids that slobbered on Herms every move...

How dare you question my hate for Herm.... And for that, You can go **** yourself right along with your Herm blow up doll...

Dont ever ever question my passionate hate of Herm ****ing Edwards again!

Oh an Edit: :D Just for you! :toast:

BossChief
10-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Herm was good at everything except Game preparation, Gameday coaching, properly conditioning players, play calling, practice regiment, game adjustments, player utilization and dealing with the media.

So basically, if you needed a coach that made good speeches and ran a club-med for players... Herm was your man. I do believe he is misjudged on his talent evaluation, to an extent because of all the scheme changes needing different talent.

I actually defended him from time to time back in the day(and just now) , but only about things that he was getting undeserved credit.

alpha_omega
We should of kept Herm one more year

Sorry, you lost me right here. No way!

kc rush
Thats bullshit, there wasnt one person who bashed Herm more than myself from the day he was hired.... Would be nice if you followed along from the beginning, instead of picking up a book and starting reading from the middle...

You can go back and search everyone of my posts from the day Herm was hired. I took more greif from the homers and cool kids that slobbered on Herms every move...

How dare you question my hate for Herm.... And for that, You can go **** yourself right along with your Herm blow up doll...

Dont ever ever question my passionate hate of Herm ****ing Edwards again!

ROFL

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:35 AM
So you truly believe that Herm would have turned this franchise around and brought a Superbowl champion to KC? If that is what you feel, great, go with that.

Based on his history and actions, I am of the belief that he was incapable. Because of that and because we had a new GM, it was time to make a change. Is Haley (or even Pioli) the right choice, only time will tell, but from everything I've seen, not liking Haley was not a reason to keep Herm.

Did not say that, and don't believe that. But i had rather stayed the course and drafted o-line this year. Got a new coach, and defesvie scheme next year.

Dave Lane
10-26-2009, 10:38 AM

Well I added about -300 or so I'll bet he's bright red. Like a Cheifs (sic) should be :)

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Herm was good at everything except Game preparation, Gameday coaching, properly conditioning players, play calling, practice regiment, game adjustments, player utilization and dealing with the media.

So basically, if you needed a coach that made good speeches and ran a club-med for players... Herm was your man. I do believe he is misjudged on his talent evaluation, to an extent because of all the scheme changes needing different talent.

I actually defended him from time to time back in the day(and just now) , but only about things that he was getting undeserved credit.

(Haley) is good at everything except Game preparation, Gameday coaching, properly over conditioning players(making Brandon Albert light in the ass), play calling, practice regiment, game adjustments, player utilization and dealing with the media.

DumbHillbillies
10-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Did not say that, and don't believe that. But i had rather stayed the course and drafted o-line this year. Got a new coach, and defesvie scheme next year.

Pos rep.
I know you really don't care about rep points. But it's stupid you got negative rep for just stating your opinion and not following the masses.

Redrum_69
10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Keeping Herm another year would have been comparable to voting McCain into office

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Well I added about -300 or so I'll bet he's bright red. Like a Cheifs (sic) should be :)

Man, I don't know what i am going to do when my rep goes negative. I bet I will loose my house.

Lbedrock1
10-26-2009, 10:42 AM

You are right, herm was not a positive, but haley isnt either so if you are not going to get better by bringing in a proven coach then stay right where you are. Most people who are not Chiefs fans believe herm wasnt giving enough time to turn the team around. I personally never wanted herm as our head coach, but i most definitely did not want to replace him with a coach that was unproven. We need a teacher of the game to come in and learn (teach) these players we have and haley is not that coach. Haley would do well with player that have the teachings of a more experience coach...like following behind parcells.

Coach
10-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Anybody who wanted Herm to stay for one more year should be banned. No questions asked.

Herm is the worst NFL coach I have ever seen, and he's right up there with Bill Callahan and Rich Kotite.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0340/7473/100651_feature.jpg

"Wait. What do you mean we're losing 24-3?"

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Herm sucked ass, he has ass herpes from getting ganged banged by Carl and Bill. Pioli, and Haley are going to take us to the super bowl forever and ever. Will somebody please give me some rep points now, they are going to reposes my car. Please!!!!!

Dave Lane
10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Anybody who wanted Herm to stay for one more year should be banned. No questions asked.

Herm is the worst NFL coach I have ever seen, and he's right up there with Bill Callahan and Rich Kotite.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0340/7473/100651_feature.jpg

"Wait. What do you mean we're losing 24-3?"

Amen. Herm sucks more ass than all the coaches that finished with a below 500 record combined.

kc rush
10-26-2009, 10:52 AM
You are right, herm was not a positive, but haley isnt either so if you are not going to get better by bringing in a proven coach then stay right where you are. Most people who are not Chiefs fans believe herm wasnt giving enough time to turn the team around. I personally never wanted herm as our head coach, but i most definitely did not want to replace him with a coach that was unproven. We need a teacher of the game to come in and learn (teach) these players we have and haley is not that coach. Haley would do well with player that have the teachings of a more experience coach...like following behind parcells.

So far the returns on Haley aren't good, but you can't know without trying. Who's to say that Haley wasn't Pioli's first choice? Someone he would have hired this year or next? We'd have the same problem then plus suffering through another year of Herm.

Have you seen a poll or something showing that fans outside of KC believe that Herm wasn't given enough time, because I've never heard that.

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Herm sucked ass, he has ass herpes from getting ganged banged by Carl and Bill. Pioli, and Haley are going to take us to the super bowl forever and ever. Will somebody please give me some rep points now, they are going to reposes my car.

FloridaMan88
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Clark keeping Herm/Dictator Carl last season is part of the reason the Chiefs are essentially being forced to rebuild the start of the rebuilding job.

Raiderhater
10-26-2009, 10:58 AM

All apologies to those wound tighter than Dick's hat band but, the word retard is most applicable here.

Put the crack pipe down and slowly back the f#ck away, retard.

Dave Lane
10-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Will somebody please give me some rep points now, they are going to reposes my car. Please!!!!!

I helped again :)

King_Chief_Fan
10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Herm wasn't the answer, that was obvious. Keeping Herm one more year would not have done a thing for this team. He was an experienced coach that wasn't worth a hoot.

Haley may not be the answer either. He sure hasn't shown much yet, but those of you willing to give Herm three years should give Haley the same.

Raiderhater
10-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Herm wasn't the answer, that was obvious. Keeping Herm one more year would not have done a thing for this team. He was an experienced coach that wasn't worth a hoot.

Haley may not be the answer either. He sure hasn't shown much yet, but those of you willing to give Herm three years should give Haley the same.

He's a first year head coach with a team that has been run into the ground the past few years (or longer). WTF do people expect? Good grief, show a little patience people.

13and3
10-26-2009, 11:08 AM

Give Haley a boot in the ass for not letting or getting D.J. to play up to his full potential.
Beyond that i am completely numb as to if they keep him for 3 years, or get someone else next year, either way the last 4 years of rebuilding is a lost, and it is starting to look like next year is too.

Raiderhater
10-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Give Haley a boot in the ass for not letting or getting D.J. to play up to his full potential.
Beyond that i am completely numb as to if they keep him for 3 years, or get someone else next year, either way the last 4 years of rebuilding is a lost, and it is starting to look like next year is too.

NO ONE has gotten DJ to play up to his full potential! Why the hell you wanna pick on Haley for THAT is beyond me.

13and3
10-26-2009, 11:14 AM
NO ONE has gotten DJ to play up to his full potential! Why the hell you wanna pick on Haley for THAT is beyond me.

You are right. Give D.J. a boot in the ass too.

Extra Point
10-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Herm v2.0 is what we get for the sweeping "Change is good" mentality. I've had enough Preparation H for the Chiefs to endure. Went to the game yesterday for the first time in years; it was like watching a 6th grade Olathe North vs. Shawnee Mission East football game, with no mercy rule.

After all, wasn't Cowher supposed to move in? After all, he did buy that house out here, didn't he? Didn't he?

ROFL :doh!: :mad:

chiefsfan1963
10-26-2009, 11:38 AM
We should have let CP go when DV retired!

BossChief
10-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Herm v2.0 is what we get for the sweeping "Change is good" mentality. I've had enough Preparation H for the Chiefs to endure. Went to the game yesterday for the first time in years; it was like watching a 6th grade Olathe North vs. Shawnee Mission East football game, with no mercy rule.

After all, wasn't Cowher supposed to move in? After all, he did buy that house out here, didn't he? Didn't he?

ROFL :doh!: :mad:
if you have 119.95 you can go find out on wpi

ROFL

13and3
10-26-2009, 11:39 AM

I agree.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM

Dude, CP should have been let go when he couldnt fire Gunther face to face.

PERIOD

It all went downhill from there.

SDChiefs
10-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Bad drafting + Horrible coaching = Pioli/Haley

FYP

13and3
10-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Dude, CP should have been let go when he couldnt fire Gunther face to face.

PERIOD

It all went downhill from there.

Should have been fired when he hired gunther as head coach.

SDChiefs
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Exactly. He was a fool which is why he had to go sooner rather than later. ALso, I think Hailey was Pioli's guy from the get go so retaining Herm for that month was no big deal. We didn't miss out on experienced coaches cause Pioli wanted Hailey.

Which completely shows Piolis incompetence.

13and3
10-26-2009, 12:35 PM

"Piolis incompetence" thats an oxymoron, don't end up in neg rep hell like me. Run, save yourself, i will fight this beast alone.

BigChiefFan
10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Which completely shows Piolis incompetence.He only needs ONE MORE win to ties Herm's final year record.

13and3
10-26-2009, 12:47 PM
We should have fired herm, fired carl, fired the cheerleaders, the hot dog boy, and the parking staff. Hell we should have torn down the stadium.

notorious
10-26-2009, 01:29 PM
We should have fired herm, fired carl, fired the cheerleaders, the hot dog boy, and the parking staff. Hell we should have torn down the stadium.

You left out the fans

Simply Red
10-26-2009, 01:32 PM

this.

teedubya
10-26-2009, 01:35 PM
This OP guy... HAS to be Nick Wright... HAS TO BE.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2009, 01:38 PM
LMAO

13and3
10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
This OP guy... HAS to be Nick Wright... HAS TO BE.

Check my post, i am not friggin nick wright.

Otter
10-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Check my post, i am not friggin nick wright.

Shut it Nick! Herm sucked. He sucked before he got here, he sucked while he was here and he sucked so bad he'll never be a coach in the NFL ever again.

Anyone who would actually want that abortion coaching their team has to have brain damage.

Nick!

chuxtrux
10-26-2009, 02:06 PM
It would've been interesting to see what Herm would've done if he was still around. He probably drafts Curry(although I never got the sense that he was a big fan of Thigpen, so maybe Sanchez), Maybe they trade TG. I doubt he goes with McIntosh so we probably have a different RT, and probably somebody else than Jones at RG. I have no idea what they do at MLB(maybe somebody in the 2nd round?). I am guessing DJ never improves(not like he has under Haley) I bet he releases LJ when they found out they don't have to pay him the money. I have no idea what they do with the d-line, I don't have much faith that Herm would've found a way to upgrade that area too much. Pollard probably stays at S, secondary probably gets a little better just due to the added experience in Flowers and Carr.

So really, it kind of depends what they do at QB and if they stick with Gailey's system. For 2009, Herm might have had a better team mainly because there is a chance they kept TG, and I think the offense would've been better just because they wouldn't be learning a completely new system a week before the season starts(Haley!). Now long term, yeah, I think it's safe to say Haley is a better fit for a bunch of reasons.

svuba
10-26-2009, 02:08 PM

If you really think that Pioli is incompetent, then you need to get a new team!

CP got 20 years. You better give pioli a chance or get lost for your own good.

Check in again in 2011.

Dave Lane
10-26-2009, 02:11 PM
If you really think that Pioli is incompetent, then you need to get a new team!

CP got 20 years. You better give pioli a chance or get lost for your own good.

Check in again in 2011.

Or 2013. I still can't believe Carl got 20 years and Pioli doesn't get 20 weeks. What gives??

13and3
10-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I have been thinking about my post, and i am being to hard on haley/pioli. I mean, you cant build an offense while you are tearing down a defense. No wait i meant to say you can't build a defense while you are tearing down an offense. NO, no, not, let me get this straight you can't tear down a defense and an offense and build a stadium. Wait, what's the purpose of this season again?

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 02:13 PM
This OP guy... HAS to be Nick Wright... HAS TO BE.Yep the dude is busted...

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2009, 02:24 PM
I liked Herm's way of building a team. It was the right idea, just the wrong guy to do it. Pioli has done nothing to improve this team from last December. We should have hired a 4-3 defense expert like Jim Schwartz. The move to the 3-4 has fucked this team over more than anything.

13and3
10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I liked Herm's way of building a team. It was the right idea, just the wrong guy to do it. Pioli has done nothing to improve this team from last December. We should have hired a 4-3 defense expert like Jim Schwartz. The move to the 3-4 has ****ed this team over more than anything.

Been my major contention all along. Phili does well with a 4-3.

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Hey nick are you guys still doing blood for tots or whatever bullshit you guys do around thanksgiving? I ususally steal your canned goods

13and3
10-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I am the bastard son of Carl, Herm, Nick, Gunther, and a thousand maniac chiefs fans.

ziggysocki
10-26-2009, 03:06 PM

Spends most of her time on her back?

Dave Lane
10-26-2009, 03:12 PM
I have to say it. Nick Wright is the ugliest mother fucker I have ever seen. Fucking disgusting.

13and3
10-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I have to say it. Nick Wright is the ugliest mother ****er I have ever seen. ****ing disgusting.

I take it you never seen rhonda mass

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
You people crack me up. Herm wasn't a horrible coach. He just wasn't a good one. I'll never understand the level of hatred for the man.

The main reason the Chiefs were horrendous in 2008 is because of horrendous decisions made by Carl Peterson during the Vermeil era, and then the horrendous decision by Carl Peterson in 2006 and 2007 to try to squeeze two more years into the window instead of tearing the team apart, as Herm Edwards wanted to do the instant he came to the team.

He proved plenty of times that if you give him enough talent, he can give you a playoff team. And it's amazing how many people CRITICIZE him for blowing the team up. It was the right decision and one that took a lot of balls. And he took the fall for it, even though he had pushed for it all along and it was our dumbass front office that said "no".

Was he a Super Bowl coach? Probably never. Was he an average playoff coach? Yes. Was he a horrible coach? Absolutely not.

Red Coater
10-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I think they should of gave Herm 1 more year. Really what has Haley done? I never new who he was till him and Boldin got into it on the side lines.