PDA

View Full Version : News Soren Petro MIA????

BigCatDaddy
10-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Dude is taking the third week in a row off. Anybody know what's up?

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 09:26 AM
He's probably interviewing for a real job.

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Maybe he no longer wants to be associated with the Nick Athan of the airwaves KK.

Gonzo
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
He died in an aids fire

CoMoChief
10-26-2009, 09:39 AM
He got fucked in the ass really hard....and can't sit down.

BigCatDaddy
10-26-2009, 09:40 AM
He died in an aids fire

With John Goodman?

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 09:41 AM
he's probably gearing up for the world series of poker

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 09:44 AM
With John Goodman?

Goodmans dead?

should I start a thread?

Jerm
10-26-2009, 09:52 AM
I was at the 24 Hour Fitness in OP last week, could swear I saw Petro there on a Stair Climber...funny stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kylo Ren
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Rehab

Al Bundy
10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
They said he will be back tomorrow morning.

Mojo Jojo
10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
There was a rumor floating around KC two weeks ago that he had been let go by WHB, but no one would confirm it. WHB has been having money problems...Petro and KK do not along, so it could be true.

wild1
10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Swine flu?

Dave Lane
10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
I was at the 24 Hour Fitness in OP last week, could swear I saw Petro there on a Stair Climber...funny stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

No he was looking at a house across the street from me in Leawood. THE DEAL IS DONE!

Jerm
10-26-2009, 10:44 AM
No he was looking at a house across the street from me in Leawood. THE DEAL IS DONE!

LOL ah I see.

Really thought it was him, was gonna go strike up a convo but didn't want it not to be him and some guy named Chuck or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

13and3
10-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Nick Wright on 610 sports,(they had an argument about trivia and cheeseburgers) challenged him to a charity boxing match. He has been missing in action every since.

tomahawk kid
10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Interesting.

I heard a little something a while back that 810 was "mortgaged to the gills" and had a TON of debt.

Didn't pay much mind at the time, but that would seems to coincide with the money issues posted earlier.

13and3
10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
They probally paid to much for the right to broadcast the royals all those years. Nobody is listening, I heard them say as much on 610. But now they went and made the same mistake.

FloridaMan88
10-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Greg Hall's take (from his "Off the Couch" column): Petro’s absence the past two weeks has raised some eyebrows but sources close to his show confirm he’s merely on vacation. Stewart sounds so much like Petro it’s almost like he’s not even gone.

http://www.plattecountylandmark.com/ghall.htm

13and3
10-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Greg Hall's take (from his "Off the Couch" column): Petro’s absence the past two weeks has raised some eyebrows but sources close to his show confirm he’s merely on vacation. Stewart sounds so much like Petro it’s almost like he’s not even gone.

http://www.plattecountylandmark.com/ghall.htm
Good idea, stay low until Nick forgets about it.

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Rehab

You're confusing him with John Renshaw...

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 11:22 AM
You're confusing him with John Renshaw...

i was trying to think of that name

13and3
10-26-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/?p=8285

After the Loving’s Done: Nick Wright to Soren Petro; “Fuck Off!”
hearne
About that run in yesterday between 610 Sports host Nick Wright and WHB’s Soren Petro…

“There was never a point where I thought there was going to be a fight,” Wright says. “He never put his hands on me…I don’t think the intimidation was, ‘I can kick your ass.’ It was ‘I can ruin you’ or ‘You better never need me’ type of stuff.”

What Petro did was corner Wright publicly in front of the Chiefs and other media, curse him and accused him of dissing him on Wright’s show.

“This has probably been brewing for awhile,” Wright says. “Ever since I got this show that goes up against his.”

The alleged extent of Wright’s alleged sins: making fun of Petro for being lazy (and boring) for running hours of sports trivia and wasting time kissing up to advertisers - during his show, not just in commercials - for Thickburgers.

The surprising thing about the incident is that at one point the former Syracuse escapees were friendly, if not friends, Wright says.

“You know, (610 hosts) Chris and Cowboy called Kevin Kietzman King D-Bag,” Wright muses. “I don’t expect them ever to become friends.”

One amusing aspect of Petro’s explosion is “if it were reversed and I would have walked up to (Petro) and called him a two-faced cock sucker, I either would have gotten in trouble (with 610) or the Chiefs would have revoked my credentials because he works for them already,” Wright says. “If I would have done it, I would have looked like an immature, ridiculous little kid. And I think that’s how he looked - very petty and very sensitive.”

As of noon, Wright had no evidence of Petro responding on air to being called out this morning on 610, or in the first reporting of the incident yesterday on KC Confidential. Petro did not return calls on the subject.

“I’ll be shocked if he ever acknowledges this,” Wright says. “Because if he acknowledges me, I win. Because we’re the underdog right now.”

One final question…

Right now, in the cool light of day, after sleeping on the matter and airing it out with listeners, if Wright had the chance to have a calm conversation - to get in those words he was not allowed to yesterday during Petro’s hit-and-run dissing - what would tell Soren?

“Fuck off!” Wright says. “I’m not interested in mending fences. Not interested in taking anything back. You don’t go up to somebody and call them a two-faced cock sucker, threaten their career livelihood and then not let them respond. If he would have let me respond, this would be very different. But to say everything he had to say and just walk away, that was just cowardly.”

Nick came on the air a few times afterwards and challeged him to a boxing event.

T-post Tom
10-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Nick Wright on 610 sports,(they had an argument about trivia and cheeseburgers) challenged him to a charity boxing match. He has been missing in action every since.

Now, this would be a cage fight worth seeing :shrug::

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/NickWright.jpg

vs

http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/getfile1.jpeg

sedated
10-26-2009, 11:29 AM
They probally paid to much for the right to broadcast the royals all those years. Nobody is listening, I heard them say as much on 610. But now they went and made the same mistake.

810 bought the Royals' rights after the 2003 season when the future looked bright, and paid for it. I'm pretty sure 610 got bargain basement prices a couple years later.

13and3
10-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Now, this would be a cage fight worth seeing:

vs

i put money on nick, soren has had to many cheese burgers.

T-post Tom
10-26-2009, 11:54 AM
i put money on nick, soren has had to many cheese burgers.

Queen of Marksbury rules, of course.

sedated
10-26-2009, 11:54 AM
so which one of these guys is 13and3? he seems to have a special interest in this whole situation.

suds79
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
so which one of these guys is 13and3? he seems to have a special interest in this whole situation.

Exactly. That's what I want to know.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Soren hates KK because flies by the seat of his pants when he reports ... too much emotion and not enough facts.

and yet Soren does almost the same thing with premeditation instead emotion running making the decision. He wanted Carl Peterson to be on his show to rub it into the face of KK and the rest so he tweaked his reporting to sugar coat it and appease the Chiefs.

which is worse, jumping to conclusions and letting your emotions get the best of your reporting or premeditated bullshit?

soren is full of shit

cookster50
10-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Nick has the face for radio, definitely does not have the voice for radio. Physically painful to listen to.

bobbything
10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
One amusing aspect of Petro’s explosion is “if it were reversed and I would have walked up to (Petro) and called him a two-faced cock sucker, I either would have gotten in trouble (with 610) or the Chiefs would have revoked my credentials because he works for them already,” Wright says. “If I would have done it, I would have looked like an immature, ridiculous little kid. And I think that’s how he looked - very petty and very sensitive.”
I love it. Wright makes fun of Petro on-air (something I've never heard Petro, or even Keitzman for that matter, do to their competition; at least, not to this extent). Then, Petro confronts him and Petro is all of the sudden the bad guy. Maybe, but from the sounds of things, it looks as if Wright instigated the whole thing.

The whole 610 staff rips on 810 regularly, on-air. If anything, that makes them come across as a "ridiculous, immature little kid." And there was probably a better way for Petro to handle it, but Wright is hardly innocent here.

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Nick Wright was advocating Herm to stay with the chiefs. you could here faint clicking of everyone changing the station at once.

13and3
10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I love it. Wright makes fun of Petro on-air (something I've never heard Petro, or even Keitzman for that matter, do to their competition; at least, not to this extent). Then, Petro confronts him and Petro is all of the sudden the bad guy. Maybe, but from the sounds of things, it looks as if Wright instigated the whole thing.

The whole 610 staff rips on 810 regularly, on-air. If anything, that makes them come across as a "ridiculous, immature little kid." And there was probably a better way for Petro to handle it, but Wright is hardly innocent here.

Nothing wrong with cheesburgers and trivia when sports is the topic.

leviw
10-27-2009, 09:21 AM
There was a rumor floating around KC two weeks ago that he had been let go by WHB, but no one would confirm it. WHB has been having money problems...Petro and KK do not along, so it could be true.

Spot on.

http://www.810whb.com/blog/1949

Good to be Back!

I’ve had a number of e-mails asking about where I’ve been for the last couple of weeks. So I would like to take just a minute and let you know.

For the last two weeks I’ve been working on an intensive study to figure out how to fix the Chiefs and Royals. I wish that were true. It might actually be fun. But we know it would take a lot more than two weeks to get to the bottom of either one of those situations.

In reality, I’ve been battling voice problems for several months. I saw a doctor several months ago and was diagnosed with nodules on my vocal chords. On one of my follow up visits it was decided that the nodules were not getting better and needed to be removed with surgery.

So after the show on Friday, October 9th I had the nodules removed. It was a simple surgery that had me home the same night. However the first week after the surgery I was not allowed to talk as part of the rehab process. The second week requires you to limit the amount of talking.

As for yesterday, well "The Boss" is to be blamed for that. I had previously scheduled to be off Monday for the Bruce Springstein concert in St. Louis, Sunday night.

I would like to thank all of the people who sent e-mails and passed along well wishes personally. I would also like to thank Doug Stewart, Kurtis Seaboldt, Craig Brenner, Frank Boal, and Jason Anderson for doing a great job filling in during my absence.

banyon
10-27-2009, 09:39 AM
If Petro were canned, I'd stop listening to 810.

Bugeater
10-27-2009, 09:50 AM
I have no idea what could be going on in this particular situation, but after listening to talk radio for almost two decades I can tell you that generally if someone is gone for more than a week, they're not coming back.

Dave Lane
10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Now, this would be a cage fight worth seeing :shrug::

vs

God damn Nick is the ugliest motherfucker I've ever seen!

leviw
10-27-2009, 10:05 AM
I have no idea what could be going on in this particular situation, but after listening to talk radio for almost two decades I can tell you that generally if someone is gone for more than a week, they're not coming back.

Did you read the link in my last post?

He's back today.

Dave Lane
10-27-2009, 10:05 AM
If Petro were canned, I'd stop listening to 810.

Ditto he's the only thing on WHB worthwhile. St. John's not too bad, but Petro is the smartest most informed voice in KC.

gblowfish
10-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Nick Wright.
The classic "face for radio."

He looks like a carnival worker.

wild1
10-27-2009, 10:13 AM
I like seeing photos of the big bad sports radio jocks.

patteeu
10-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Good idea, stay low until Nick forgets about it.

You're a real one trick pony aren't you? Are you Nick's mom? Seriously.

LaChapelle
10-27-2009, 11:05 AM
...or an unpaid vacation for conduct at a Chief's facility

patteeu
10-27-2009, 11:05 AM

It's the nature of the beast in talk radio. The guys at the top of the ratings pile don't give anyone else any free publicity by mentioning them, while the guys at the bottom of the pile are constantly badmouthing their competition trying to provoke a reaction. Keitzman and the other guys who were with 810 when they were still the small guy on the block used to bad mouth 980 KMBZ's Don Fortune and his successor, Soren Petro, pretty mercilessly.

LaChapelle
10-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Whitlock jumping ship wasn't exactly pretty, but it's been awhile and the memory isn't fresh.

WilliamTheIrish
10-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Whitlock jumping ship wasn't exactly pretty, but it's been awhile and the memory isn't fresh.

Which time? From 810, 610 or ESPN?

patteeu
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM

Which time? From 810, 610 or ESPN?

Personally, I thought his departure from 610 was pretty good radio. I hated to see him leave because I think he was one of the better radio personalities in town, but the way he went out was pretty entertaining.

KcMizzou
10-27-2009, 06:23 PM
God damn Nick is the ugliest mother****er I've ever seen!That pic kinda reminds me of this guy.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
That pic kinda reminds me of this guy.

ROFL