PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I have this horrible feeling...

Ralphy Boy
10-27-2009, 10:28 PM
I can't help but think that Haley won't get rid of Clancy as DC. Think about all the things he's said this season, when he talks about "the right 53" and how "it takes time to get players to buy into the system and do things the way we want them to" and then he talks about Mike Brown being one of his favorite players.

Then I think about how he got rid of Chan, because he wasn't one of his guys and it makes me think that he'll at least give Clancy another year. He would be admitting he made a mistake, in hiring him, if he let him go after just one season since our offense is nearly as bad as the defense. I just don't see him owning up to it and replacing him because he'd be a hypocrite if he did. I wish he'd be a hypocrite.

Offense is ranked 28 in yards & 26 in scoring.
Defense is ranked 30 in yards & 28 in scoring.

If Haley had the offense on track and scoring some points, ranked in the 20 area, then maybe but he can't really say we aren't doing well because of the defense.

I do think our offense will be better going forward without LJ, but I don't want to get off topic talking about addition by subtraction and Charles getting an opportunity.

So I guess I'm calling it now, Clancy will be the DC in 2010.:banghead:

Bane
10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Just to be asking,who would you like to see as our DC next season?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Clancy was the only DC available. They wanted Crennel.

Gadzooks
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I thought it was a huge mistake for the Chiefs to go 3-4.
And it was a huge mistake to take Jackson with the 3rd pick.
Pioli must have something up his sleeve.ROFL

Ralphy Boy
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Crennel or if Wade Phillips is available, he'd be my first choice.

TinyEvel
10-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Clancy fuggin sux. I could not believe he chose him, given his crap record. I hope to God that they choose a new DC next year and boot Krumrie too.

Bane
10-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Crennel or if Wade Phillips is available, he'd be my first choice.

I think either one would be an upgrade.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
10-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill Simmons

Bane
10-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Does anyone really think we will make a switch at DC?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ralphy Boy
10-27-2009, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Al Groh get canned in Virginia and I think Haley would be wise to bring him on staff as an advisor/consultant. He's one of very few college coaches that run a 3-4 and Haley worked for him when he was the HC of the Jets in 2000.

Mecca
10-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Did you guys enjoy the Sunday night game when they went on and on about how the Cardinals defense really stepped up when they fired Pendergast?

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Bill Simmons

Cunt Cuntersen

tk13
10-27-2009, 11:24 PM
It's obvious Clancy wasn't their first choice. Who else on earth hires a bunch of defensive coaches and doesn't assign any of them titles for a couple weeks? Especially with the defensive coordinator position. You'd have to bet a million bucks they wanted Crennel.

Saccopoo
10-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Does anyone really think we will make a switch at DC?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep.

stormtrooper
10-27-2009, 11:25 PM
this is the chiefs of 2001...again. clancy is robinson in disguise. god i hate being the only chiefs fan in idaho

2bikemike
10-27-2009, 11:37 PM
this is the chiefs of 2001...again. clancy is robinson in disguise. god i hate being the only chiefs fan in idaho

There is at least one more fan unless he jumped ship.(From Idaho or from the fandom) I think his name was Duncan Idaho he also used to write Chiefs articles occasionally. He was pretty good too.

DaWolf
10-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Hey, if he's going to fire his OC and receiver coach because he wasn't liking the results, I can't see how having a defense ranked in the 30's is going to save Clancy's job. The only way I can see him sticking around is if we make significant improvements on D in the second half of the season. But the fact that he was not the initial choice to be the DC here to me should mean we ought to be looking for an upgrade at year end...

sparkky
10-27-2009, 11:52 PM
In defense of Haley, he kind of started out behind the eight ball when it came to hiring coaches because of the timing of his own hiring.

He was left dealing with slim pickin's, and I don't mean the actor riding the nuke down.

He's already changed a couple of coaches so it appears his only loyalty is to himself.

There will be a few head coaches replaced this off season along with their staffs and "ASSUMING" we aren't in the Super Bowl we should be one of the first buzzards circling the gut pile.

I expect a DC replacement, among others, and it may well be Crennel if his hip is good to go.

Thig Lyfe
10-28-2009, 12:01 AM
There will be a few head coaches replaced this off season along with their staffs and "ASSUMING" we aren't in the Super Bowl we should be one of the first buzzards circling the gut pile.

Getting to the Super Bowl hasn't stopped Clancy from getting fired in the past.

Straight, No Chaser
10-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Getting to the Super Bowl hasn't stopped Clancy from getting fired in the past.

Yes indeed. The Cards players are praising the high-energy and "motivating" ability of their new DC = Pendergast is a has-been that could not take a already young and talented group of players to the next level. As some have said, he was available when Todd was hired.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Cunt Cuntersen

WTF?!LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Cunt Cuntersen

I thought we fired him already? LMAOLMAOLMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Cunt Cuntersen

Let's promote this guy! LMAO

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/KRUMMY3-1.jpg

salame
10-28-2009, 01:16 AM
Hey CLancy

http://www.breda-en-alles-daaromheen.nl/phoenix-c-2_bestanden/image094.jpg

http://www.slapyo.com/wp-content/wrong06.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 01:21 AM
LMAO

"Clancy". Sounds like an old horse that needs to be shot.

And now, for no reason whatsoever, some Sonic Youth:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdP6UuNNHqA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdP6UuNNHqA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pioli Zombie
10-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Hide me rabbit
Here, in the stove!
Ok,Clancy, take the boys and surround the house!
Alright, rabbit, where's he hiding?
He's not in the stove.
Ohhhh, he's hiding in the stove, eh?
if he was in the stove would I turn on the gas?
You might rabbit, you might
Well if he was in the stove would I throw in a lighted match?
BOOM! Alright, rabbit you've convinced me. We'll look for Rocky in the city
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
10-28-2009, 06:15 AM
I can't help but think that Haley won't get rid of Clancy as DC. Think about all the things he's said this season, when he talks about "the right 53" and how "it takes time to get players to buy into the system and do things the way we want them to" and then he talks about Mike Brown being one of his favorite players.

Then I think about how he got rid of Chan, because he wasn't one of his guys and it makes me think that he'll at least give Clancy another year. He would be admitting he made a mistake, in hiring him, if he let him go after just one season since our offense is nearly as bad as the defense. I just don't see him owning up to it and replacing him because he'd be a hypocrite if he did. I wish he'd be a hypocrite.

Offense is ranked 28 in yards & 26 in scoring.
Defense is ranked 30 in yards & 28 in scoring.

If Haley had the offense on track and scoring some points, ranked in the 20 area, then maybe but he can't really say we aren't doing well because of the defense.

I do think our offense will be better going forward without LJ, but I don't want to get off topic talking about addition by subtraction and Charles getting an opportunity.

Too bad he doesn't trust the judgement of his former boss who didn't have any trouble making changes to improve his team.

CHIEFS58
10-28-2009, 06:35 AM
id go with wade phillips.

TRR
10-28-2009, 06:38 AM
KC needs consistency. Every year everyone thinks the answer is to fire O Coordinators and D Coordinators....when is it on the players? You CANNOT continue to change like KC has and be effective.

Greg Robinson was terrible.
Gun Cunningham was terrible.
Clancy Pendergast is terrible.

All three have more knowledge of defense than the entire board does combined.

I want consistency. Let the players get comfortable in the 3-4. Let the players mature in the 3-4. Add some talent to the 3-4. Then we will see if Pendergast can get it done or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
10-28-2009, 07:00 AM
There is at least one more fan unless he jumped ship.(From Idaho or from the fandom) I think his name was Duncan Idaho he also used to write Chiefs articles occasionally. He was pretty good too.

Duncan Idaho is just a name taken from Dune.
Not sure where that poster is from.

Idaho Jim is the guy you're thinking of, I think.

TheGuardian
10-28-2009, 07:29 AM
If Haley let go of his o-coordinator and demoted his WR's coach all in the same season, you don't think he'll fire his d-coordinator if by the end of the season he doesn't see some improvement????

Are we on the same planet?

Coogs
10-28-2009, 07:37 AM
KC needs consistency. Every year everyone thinks the answer is to fire O Coordinators and D Coordinators....when is it on the players? You CANNOT continue to change like KC has and be effective.

Greg Robinson was terrible.
Gun Cunningham was terrible.
Clancy Pendergast is terrible.

All three have more knowledge of defense than the entire board does combined.

I want consistency. Let the players get comfortable in the 3-4. Let the players mature in the 3-4. Add some talent to the 3-4. Then we will see if Pendergast can get it done or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

We had consistancy from Gun. He was here... what... five years without looking it up.

And I agree we do need consistancy. But it needs to be with the right guys.

Mr. Kotter
10-28-2009, 07:40 AM
I can't help but think that Haley won't get rid of Clancy as DC. Think about all the things he's said this season, when he talks about "the right 53" and how "it takes time to get players to buy into the system and do things the way we want them to" and then he talks about Mike Brown being one of his favorite players....

Yep. It has the same "feel" as Vermeil and Greg Robinson all over again.... :shake:

I hope I'm wrong, but lack of talent could become an excuse for not making a change at DC....even if Clancy will just never quite get it done.

The best chance for replacing Clancy, is for Haley to flame-out--which, at this rate, is a possibility.

Ralphy Boy
10-28-2009, 08:15 AM
If Haley let go of his o-coordinator and demoted his WR's coach all in the same season, you don't think he'll fire his d-coordinator if by the end of the season he doesn't see some improvement????

I hope I'm wrong by a mile.

dallaschiefsfan
10-28-2009, 08:42 AM

THIS

You guys are nuts if you don't think the same guy that tossed his coaches from practice won't demote Clancy in a heart beat if Crenell or similar become available. You're projecting too much "Dick Vermeil" onto Haley. Not the same guy and Clancy is not his Greg Robinson.

TRR
10-28-2009, 10:05 AM
We had consistancy from Gun. He was here... what... five years without looking it up.

And I agree we do need consistancy. But it needs to be with the right guys.

You may be right but 5 years isn't long in the grand scheme of things. Especially when you switch coaches in between that 5 year span, and switch D schemes yet again.

Jilly
10-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I hope he doesn't decide he needs to be the DC as well.:banghead:

milkman
10-28-2009, 10:38 AM
You may be right but 5 years isn't long in the grand scheme of things. Especially when you switch coaches in between that 5 year span, and switch D schemes yet again.

Well, hell.

We should have given Cunther ten years then, right?

ChiefGator
10-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, this is why I like the base defensive scheme coming from the GM, who (recent history tells us) is very likely to oulive this coaching staff, and perhaps several more. We won't be having to rework the defense to match each coaching style, we will hire coaches that match the style of defense our GM wants us to play.

I think , longterm, this approach has more merit.