PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Niswanger's outlook improves ... Chiefs fans mourn

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Niswanger’s outlook improves

The outlook for center Rudy Niswanger, who left Sunday’s game with a left knee injury, had Haley “encouraged,” the coach said.

“He’s a tough guy,” Haley said, “so I wouldn’t put it past him to find a way back sooner rather than later.”

Haley said Monday that Niswanger suffered a “significant” injury and indicated that it could threaten the lineman’s season. But the coach said Tuesday that Niswanger “definitely” would play again in 2009 and that “you might see him again in two weeks” against

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1534235.html

milkman
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
**** you and your NiceWanger, Todd Haley.

talastan
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Que Tonya Harding please!

LaChapelle
10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
The center for dis ease.

Rooster
10-28-2009, 12:20 PM

ROFL

The Franchise
10-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Niswanger and Goff need to run into each other next time and put each other on IR.

booger
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
WEDNESDAY PRACTICE REPORT
October 28th – 11:59 AM

RB Larry Johnson was not in the building for the second consecutive day. RB Jamaal Charles took reps in Johnson’s place with the first team once again today.

T Branden Albert worked the the first-team offense today in full dress, however he still showed a bit of a limp while sprinting.

S Jon McGraw (leg) was the only player in the rehab area today. WR Lance Long (head) returned to the field, while C Rudy Niswanger (knee) was not at practice today.

Wade Smith took first-team reps at center, while practice squad player Darryl Harris took second-team reps behind Smith. Andy Alleman continued to work at guard.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/10/28/chiefs_insider_blog_whats_next/

I bet they drop a TE and promote Harris soon.

Saccopoo
10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I think that Rudy is going to be much better from here on out. Goff and Waters too. I mean, how could anyone possibly play with any degree of effectiveness on an NFL line with a prolapsed rectum due to repeated Larry Johnson helmet insertions?

Iowanian
10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't want the guy to be hurt, but I sure as hell wish they'd try him at say....right guard.

The Franchise
10-28-2009, 12:28 PM
I bet they drop a TE and promote Harris soon.

God I hope so. Carrying 4 TEs on this roster is monumentally stupid.

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Wade at Center and Alleman at guard would provide and instant upgrade for the Oline imo.

might be minor but an upgrade

The Franchise
10-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Wade at Center and Alleman at guard would provide and instant upgrade for the Oline imo.

might be minor but an upgrade

I'd honestly rather see Wade at Center and Ndukwe at RG....but beggars can't be choosers.

milkman
10-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Personally, I would really like to see Harris at center.

I was really impressed with his strength, size, and athleticism in the preseason at LG.

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd honestly rather see Wade at Center and Ndukwe at RG....but beggars can't be choosers.Personally, I would really like to see Harris at center.

I was really impressed with his strength, size, and athleticism in the preseason at LG.
whatevah ... as long as the niswanger/goff duo suckfest is broken up.

milkman
10-28-2009, 12:51 PM
whatevah ... as long as the niswanger/goff duo suckfest is broken up.

I'm for whatever change improves the play of the O-Line.

If that's Smith and Allenman, I'm fine with that.

However, if Harris were to play and show anything that might suggest he has a future there, that would serve to fill just one hole, giving us an opprtunity to fill another hole elswhere in the draft next year.

I want to see improvement, but given a choice, I'd also like to look to the future anywhere that's possible.

Putting DaJuan Morgan in at safety in place of Brown would serve the same purpose.

talastan
10-28-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm for whatever change improves the play of the O-Line.

If that's Smith and Allenman, I'm fine with that.

However, if Harris were to play and show anything that might suggest he has a future there, that would serve to fill just one hole, giving us an opprtunity to fill another hole elswhere in the draft next year.

I want to see improvement, but given a choice, I'd also like to look to the future anywhere that's possible.

Putting DaJuan Morgan in at safety in place of Brown would serve the same purpose.

This

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
I guess ... but as far as i can tell DaJuan Morgan is nothing but a gochiefs invention.

he has made all of 2 plays sinces he's gotten here that i can remember.

Coach
10-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I guess ... but as far as i can tell DaJuan Morgan is nothing but a gochiefs invention.

Well, is it better than remembering practically almost all plays that Mike Brown fucked up?

Really, Brown isn't going to amount jack. It's time to make the necessary changes.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 01:16 PM

When has he been on the field to make plays?

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 01:32 PM
When has he been on the field to make plays?
He's gotten the same opportunities that every young,drafted players get. He's had the chance to prove himself with two completely different coaching staffs.

FAIL

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
He's gotten the same opportunities that every young,drafted players get. He's had the chance to prove himself with two completely different coaching staffs.

FAIL

Prove himself how? He hasn't even gotten any spot playing time, much less the regular time a young player needs to learn.

I'd love to know the exact number, but I'd bet he's taken less than 50 defensive snaps in 2 years. For someone with his raw athletic ability, that's unacceptable, especially when a scrub like Brown is taking snaps he should be getting and learning from.

How some of you can judge a player that hasn't played amazes me.

Easy 6
10-28-2009, 02:18 PM

...ROFL

Her AND 'Jeff Gillooly' (?)... the name, the look... he was straight from Central Casting as the born loser, two-bit thug, i see Buscemi playing him...

tonyetony
10-28-2009, 03:16 PM
...ROFL

Her AND 'Jeff Gillooly' (?)... the name, the look... he was straight from Central Casting as the born loser, two-bit thug, i see Buscemi playing him...

The name Gillooly itself always amused me for some reason.

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Prove himself how? He hasn't even gotten any spot playing time, much less the regular time a young player needs to learn.

I'd love to know the exact number, but I'd bet he's taken less than 50 defensive snaps in 2 years. For someone with his raw athletic ability, that's unacceptable, especially when a scrub like Brown is taking snaps he should be getting and learning from.

How some of you can judge a player that hasn't played amazes me.
i love how you pick and choose which side of coin you will decide to fall on.

one player doesn't get playing time because he sucks

another player doesn't get playing time and it's a raw deal

so you think Dajuan Morgan has looked good in practice and has looked good in preseason but the last 2 coaching staffs just decided they didn't like Morgan so he doesn't play?

seriously ... do you just go around making shit up just for the fun of it?

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 03:37 PM

another player doesn't get playing time and it's a raw deal

so you think Dajuan Morgan has looked good in practice and has looked good in preseason but the last 2 coaching staffs just decided they didn't like Morgan so he doesn't play?

seriously ... do you just go around making shit up just for the fun of it?

WTF are you talking about?

Who have I said isn't getting playing time because he sucks?

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Everytime people around here try and get excited about anyone you step up and say they suck whether they have gotten any real playing time or not.

you really think haley wouldn't put Morgan in if he was great in practice.

btw - Morgan has played in preseason and didn't do anything against scrubs that i can remember.

put in morgan,put in morgan ... completely gochief made up shit.

Morgan hasn't done shit and special teams is the only reason he hasn't gotten cut so far.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Everytime people around here try and get excited about anyone you step up and say they suck whether they have gotten any real playing time or not.

btw - Morgan has played in preseason and didn't do anything against scrubs that i can remember.

Morgan hasn't done shit and special teams is the only reason he hasn't gotten cut so far.

well to be fair IIRC morgan DID get in there some last year and looked like he went to the bernard pollard school of tackling.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 03:46 PM

So you still haven't answered my question.

You made a claim, now back it up.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
So you still haven't answered my question.

You made a claim, now back it up.

probably because your question makes no sense. read his post again

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 03:51 PM
well to be fair IIRC morgan DID get in there some last year and looked like he went to the bernard pollard school of tackling.
i get don't know where this made up bullshit about Morgan comes from.

I think maybe goatboy was just trying grab onto any player that might get rid of Pollard and other people started to actually believe it.

Morgan has sucked in practice and preseason but he'll be great if they just gave him a chance in a real game.

What kind of stupid shit is that.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
probably because your question makes no sense. read his post again

My question makes perfect sense.

He said this:

To which I replied:

If he's going to make a personal claim, he should be able to back it up.

I'd like to know when I've made a comment about a player not getting playing time because he sucks.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 03:54 PM

I think maybe goatboy was just trying grab onto any player that might get rid of Pollard and other people started to actually believe it.

Morgan has sucked in practice and preseason but he'll be great if they just gave him a chance in a real game.

IDK? mind bottling to me. some here just want to bitch. like haley and herm just WANT good players to sit on the bench. People also bash haley and pioli for SUPPOSEDLY hating herms guys. Morgan DIDNT PLAY WHEN HERM WAS HERE. and herm drafted him. Also herm showed he wasnt scared to play rookies if they show that they deserved it. Obviously morgan hasnt shown it to two coaching staffs and two front offices to date

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 03:57 PM

First, Morgan has been no worse than Brown in the few instances he's gotten to play.

Second, do you know what the term "raw" means when it comes to talent?

Almost every scouting report written on Morgan said he has a ton of upside, but that he's raw. He needs to PLAY, where he can learn on the fly.

We know what we're going to get out of Brown. Nothing.

So forgive some of us that would rather see a kid with some possible upside play, and see if he can turn into a serviceable or better player. We're 1-6. There is NOTHING to lose by playing him, and EVERYTHING to gain.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
First, Morgan has been no worse than Brown in the few instances he's gotten to play.

Second, do you know what the term "raw" means when it comes to talent?

Almost every scouting report written on Morgan said he has a ton of upside, but that he's raw. He needs to PLAY, where he can learn on the fly.

We know what we're going to get out of Brown. Nothing.

So forgive some of us that would rather see a kid with some possible upside play, and see if he can turn into a serviceable or better player. We're 1-6. There is NOTHING to lose by playing him, and EVERYTHING to gain.

honestly i would like to see him play and find out what we have also. BUT if he's obviously not getting it done in practice against OUR team then...

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
honestly i would like to see him play and find out what we have also. BUT if he's obviously not getting it done in practice against OUR team then...

Getting what done in practice?

Practice during the season consists of glorified walk-throughs.

We'll never find out what we have in players based on practice. Hell, even training camp, for that matter.

If you want to find out if a guy can play in the NFL, he needs to play in real, regular season NFL games.

Practice, TC, etc are not a substitute.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Getting what done in practice?

Practice during the season consists of glorified walk-throughs.

We'll never find out what we have in players based on practice. Hell, even training camp, for that matter.

If you want to find out if a guy can play in the NFL, he needs to play in real, regular season NFL games.

ok why would YOU say that he didnt get much playing time last year?

CoMoChief
10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
LT BRich
LG Albert
C Smith
RG Waters
RT Sacraficial Goat

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
ok why would YOU say that he didnt get much playing time last year?

I think if Herm was the coach now, he'd be playing ahead of Brown.

As it was last year, he had several things going against him.

One, he was a rookie.

Two, rightly or wrongly, the organization was happy with the play of Page, and barring injury, Pollard wasn't coming off the field, as they were going to give him every opportunity possible to "get it", seeing as how they invested a R2 pick on him.

In 2009, none of those apply. He's not sitting behind other young players, he's sitting behind a couple of scrub veterans.

If this truly is an "evaluation" year, then we should be evaluating our young players, correct?

Guys like Goff and Brown are getting in the way of possible progress.

Mr. Laz
10-28-2009, 04:18 PM
practice and training camp are worthless evaluation tools that the entire league uses.

brilliant

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 04:19 PM
At least Jizzwanker's ass will no longer be sore from having a Johnson shoved up it every week.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
practice and training camp are worthless evaluation tools that they entire league uses.

brilliant

Talking out of your ass, yet again.

Please direct me to the part of any of my posts where I said they were worthless.

If you're so ignorant to think that performance in practice and TC is a more accurate barometer to future performance than performance in a real, regular season game, then we have nothing more to discuss.

Your whole outlook on this subject seems to have more to do with opposing Clayton than actually thinking rationally on your own.

Buehler445
10-28-2009, 04:25 PM

One, he was a rookie.

Two, rightly or wrongly, the organization was happy with the play of Page, and barring injury, Pollard wasn't coming off the field, as they were going to give him every opportunity possible to "get it", seeing as how they invested a R2 pick on him.

In 2009, none of those apply. He's not sitting behind other young players, he's sitting behind a couple of scrub veterans.

If this truly is an "evaluation" year, then we should be evaluating our young players, correct?

While I agree that worthless fuckers like Brown and Goff are hindering progress, I will disagree with you that if Herm was here Morgan would be starting. If Herm was here Pollard would be starting.

I will say that old guys like Vrabel and ...well...fuck it, just Vrabel has been less better than worthless.

I wish Wade and Engram were more effective, but at this point I want to see if Bradley can develop.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
While I agree that worthless fuckers like Brown and Goff are hindering progress, I will disagree with you that if Herm was here Morgan would be starting. If Herm was here Pollard would be starting.

I will say that old guys like Vrabel and ...well...fuck it, just Vrabel has been less better than worthless.

I wish Wade and Engram were more effective, but at this point I want to see if Bradley can develop.
Posted via Mobile Device

True. I was going under the assumption that he had the current roster to work with.

And I agree completely on Bradley.

LaChapelle
10-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Mind bottling makes me laugh

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM

One, he was a rookie.

#1 Herm never was scared to play a rookie if he was better than what was ahead of him
#2 one word Mcgraw. he sat behind john mcgraw, and we all thought it was because herm loved him, BUT the same is happening this year. WHY? maybe morgan just doesnt "GET IT"

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Talking out of your ass, yet again.

Please direct me to the part of any of my posts where I said they were worthless.

If you're so ignorant to think that performance in practice and TC is a more accurate barometer to future performance than performance in a real, regular season game, then we have nothing more to discuss.

Your whole outlook on this subject seems to have more to do with opposing Clayton than actually thinking rationally on your own.

yet EVERY team in the nfl uses TC to judge players. thats how they determine who makes the roster right?

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:01 PM
If he's going to make a personal claim, he should be able to back it up.

I'd like to know when I've made a comment about a player not getting playing time because he sucks.

He's not going to back it up because he can't.

He's just another in a long line of motherfucking pricks around here that like to spew a bunch of fucking bullshit without an ounce of fact behind it.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:04 PM
IDK? mind bottling to me. some here just want to bitch. like haley and herm just WANT good players to sit on the bench. People also bash haley and pioli for SUPPOSEDLY hating herms guys. Morgan DIDNT PLAY WHEN HERM WAS HERE. and herm drafted him. Also herm showed he wasnt scared to play rookies if they show that they deserved it. Obviously morgan hasnt shown it to two coaching staffs and two front offices to date

JFC, Jason. He a second year player that came out as a junior. He was injured most of last year but not put in IR. He hardly had a chance to "show" anything.

The guy has more upside than any safety on this roster.

Whether he realizes his potential is any discussion altogether but to this point, he hasn't gotten much playing time for who know what fucking reason.

He should be starting until he proves he can't play.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 05:05 PM
#1 Herm never was scared to play a rookie if he was better than what was ahead of him
#2 one word Mcgraw. he sat behind john mcgraw, and we all thought it was because herm loved him, BUT the same is happening this year. WHY? maybe morgan just doesnt "GET IT"

#1. Read what I wrote. They were happy with the play of Page. And they weren't ready to give up on a 2nd round pick.

#2. In your opinion, could Morgan play any worse than what Brown and McGraw have shown?

He's not going to "get it" by sitting on the bench.

milkman
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
LT BRich
LG Albert
C Smith
RG Waters
RT Sacraficial Goat

Another patented CoMoChief fail.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 05:11 PM
yet EVERY team in the nfl uses TC to judge players. thats how they determine who makes the roster right?

What does that have to do with this statement?

Its commonly said that the coaches know who 45+ of the 53 players are that will make the final roster.

Playing in actual games is a MORE accurate barometer as to determining a players ability - as I said.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
JFC, Jason. He a second year player that came out as a junior. He was injured most of last year but not put in IR. He hardly had a chance to "show" anything.

Whether he realizes his potential is any discussion altogether but to this point, he hasn't gotten much playing time for who know what fucking reason.

Agreed. I have no idea why he's arguing, considering he agrees as well.

honestly i would like to see him play and find out what we have also.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
#1. Read what I wrote. They were happy with the play of Page. And they weren't ready to give up on a 2nd round pick.

#2. In your opinion, could Morgan play any worse than what Brown and McGraw have shown?

He's not going to "get it" by sitting on the bench.

as to #1 why did they draft him then? and why did they use mcgraw instead?

#2 was about last year. morgan played behind mcgraw last year and then this year, WHY? two front offices and HCs have had the chance to play him and he hasnt gotten playing time. i ask YOU why? i mean through two entirely different regimes and the same thing happens, iMO speaks to the player

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Agreed. I have no idea why he's arguing, considering he agrees as well.

i would like to see him play, but if he's not then SURELY theres a reason. thats my point

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:15 PM
as to #1 why did they draft him then? and why did they use mcgraw instead?

#2 was about last year. morgan played behind mcgraw last year and then this year, WHY? two front offices and HCs have had the chance to play him and he hasnt gotten playing time. i ask YOU why? i mean through two entirely different regimes and the same thing happens, iMO speaks to the player

I JUST told you: He was injured most of last year AND he was a junior.

The Chiefs invested a third round pick in the guy. A third rounder should make an impact by his third season. This is his second and arguably, his first.

Regardless, he SHOULD be on the field. This is a 1-6 and likely 2-14 football team.

Play the motherfucker!

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:15 PM

what injury did he have? who's to say he has more upside? and upside only takes you so far. it may never be realized and if the guy is not doing the right things in practice or TC then maybe thats why he's not playing.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
I JUST told you: He was injured most of last year AND he was a junior.

The Chiefs invested a third round pick in the guy. A third rounder should make an impact by his third season. This is his second and arguably, his first.

Regardless, he SHOULD be on the field. This is a 1-6 and likely 2-14 football team.

Play the motherfucker!

dane i dont think being a junior had ANYTHING to do with it. i think he should get a shot, BUT i'm not arrogant to think that me thinking it means it should happen. None of us are there to see how the guy practices he could run the wrong way on every play for all we know...

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
i would like to see him play, but if he's not then SURELY theres a reason. thats my point

Yeah, the point is that Todd Haley is clueless.

Why are Goof and Niswanger on the field? Why have Lance Long and Bobby Wade seen more playing time than Mark Bradley? Why has Dwayne Bowe only caught 23 balls in 7 games, making on pace for 52 on the year when he had 86 last year? Why has DeMorrio Williams been starting in place of Derrick Johnson?

Why, why, why, why, why?

There are SO questions to ask about the personnel decisions being made about this team that getting upset about Morgan is about 10th on the list of personnel decisions to be upset about.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 05:20 PM

Could it be the same reason a more talented Derrick Johnson is riding the bench?

Could it be the same reason a more talented Mark Bradley is riding the bench?

Could it be the same reason a more talented Jamaal Charles had been riding the bench?

Wade Smith prior to an injury that forced him into the lineup, at a different position?

Maybe Haley should worry more about getting talented players on the field and worry less about petty grudges and putting players in his doghouse.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:21 PM
dane i dont think being a junior had ANYTHING to do with it. i think he should get a shot, BUT i'm not arrogant to think that me thinking it means it should happen. None of us are there to see how the guy practices he could run the wrong way on every play for all we know...

Well, I know more. I know his coach from NC State. He's now a D-coordinator at another NCAA D-I school. He offered me Morgan's number last year in an effort to cheer him up because he was injured and not playing.

I'm assuming that you've played sports before. Haven't you ever witnessed coaches playing less talented guys before? Playing favorites? Who the fuck KNOWS why Morgan is sitting.

Only Haley and his band of merry men.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:23 PM

Why are Goof and Niswanger on the field? Why have Lance Long and Bobby Wade seen more playing time than Mark Bradley? Why has Dwayne Bowe only caught 23 balls in 7 games, making on pace for 52 on the year when he had 86 last year? Why has DeMorrio Williams been starting in place of Derrick Johnson?

Why, why, why, why, why?

There are SO questions to ask about the personnel decisions being made about this team that getting upset about Morgan is about 10th on the list of personnel decisions to be upset about.

well long and wade probably havent dropped as many passes as the others, same point as bowe, johnson obviously IS NOT buying into what they are trying to accomplish and williams is. bradley had a problem LINING up in the right spot and getting to the marker on 3rd downs

milkman
10-28-2009, 05:23 PM
what injury did he have? who's to say he has more upside? and upside only takes you so far. it may never be realized and if the guy is not doing the right things in practice or TC then maybe thats why he's not playing.

He was drafted because he was a talented player with huge upside that many felt had the potential to be the best safety in last year's draft, over time.

He was extremely raw, however, and had a huge learning curve.

The fact is, if he were out there playing right now, he'd probably make a lot of errors and be responsible for giving up some big plays, but assuming he has the talent that many thought he has, he very likely would flash and also make some big plays.

And he did make a couple of big plays in this last preseason, against the Rams, I believe.

We did get to see a flash or two of the talent he owns.

The fact is, the best way to learn is to play.

But guys like Brown and Mike Goff prove the lie that is there are no sacred cows with Todd Haley and Scott Pioli.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
well long and wade probably havent dropped as many passes as the others, same point as bowe, johnson obviously IS NOT buying into what they are trying to accomplish and williams is. bradley had a problem LINING up in the right spot and getting to the marker on 3rd downs

Give me a break.

So you're pronouncing that Bobby Wade and Lance Long are better NFL receivers than Mark Bradley?

Huh?

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Well, I know more. I know his coach from NC State. He's now a D-coordinator at another NCAA D-I school. He offered me Morgan's number last year in an effort to cheer him up because he was injured and not playing.

I'm assuming that you've played sports before. Haven't you ever witnessed coaches playing less talented guys before? Playing favorites? Who the fuck KNOWS why Morgan is sitting.

Only Haley and his band of merry men.

i'm betting that if morgan showed that he was better and could do what waas asked of him he would play. what injury did he have last year?

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Give me a break.

So you're pronouncing that Bobby Wade and Lance Long are better NFL receivers than Mark Bradley?

Huh?

nope i said they are doing it the way the TEAM wants it done better, more consistently, than bradley. that is the only thing that actually makes sense

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 05:26 PM

Why, why, why, why, why?

The Bowe situation pisses me off more than any other.

This should have been his breakout year. 3rd year in the league, with a HC that Fitz swears by as a position coach.

Instead, he's regressed massively.

Matter of fact, most if not all our young players, sans Dorsey (and arguably Hali - he's a wash, IMO) have regressed under Haley and his staff.

Albert.
Bowe.
Bradley.
Page.
Carr.
Leggett.

Etc.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:29 PM
He was drafted because he was a talented player with huge upside that many felt had the potential to be the best safety in last year's draft, over time.

He was extremely raw, however, and had a huge learning curve.

The fact is, if he were out there playing right now, he'd probably make a lot of errors and be responsible for giving up some big plays, but assuming he has the talent that many thought he has, he very likely would flash and also make some big plays.

And he did make a couple of big plays in this last preseason, against the Rams, I believe.

We did get to see a flash or two of the talent he owns.

The fact is, the best way to learn is to play.

But guys like Brown and Mike Goff prove the lie that is there are no sacred cows with Todd Haley and Scott Pioli.

i remember him having a decent game this PS. everything i could find from the draft says he projects better than he actually plays, could be inexperience but could be that he plays with too much emotion and not much consistency.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:31 PM
nope i said they are doing it the way the TEAM wants it done better, more consistently, than bradley. that is the only thing that actually makes sense

Dude, the bottom line is that they're ALL doing it worse since his arrival.

Mark Bradley had a very nice eight games after joining the Chiefs and looked to be an excellent addition to Bowe's 86 catches.

Instead, both receivers, Bowe & Bradley are going to get half the catches this year from last year. That's fucking idiotic.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to hear this shit about it being done "right" when the numbers prove otherwise.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:32 PM

This should have been his breakout year. 3rd year in the league, with a HC that Fitz swears by as a position coach.

Matter of fact, most if not all our young players, sans Dorsey (and arguably Hali - he's a wash, IMO) have regressed under Haley and his staff.

Albert.
Bowe.
Bradley.
Page.
Carr.
Leggett.

Etc.

bode has proven that he cant make the routine catch thus far. THATS the problem there, he dropped at least 2 more last game, carr is playing about the same as last year IMO. bradley has problems even lining up in the right spot.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 05:33 PM
i remember him having a decent game this PS. everything i could find from the draft says he projects better than he actually plays, could be inexperience but could be that he plays with too much emotion and not much consistency.

How can you grade him on consistency when he's averaging less than 3 defensive snaps per game over his career?

Christ, people expect immediate results from rookies, and when they don't get them, that player is a bust.

The guy is a 3rd round pick that has barely played. The only way to even consider judging him is to start him every week from here on out - and even then, that's not enough time, IMO.

Everyone thought Mario Williams was a bust. Everyone thought Eli Manning was a bust.

And those guys were picked #1 overall.

Imagine the learning curve for a 3rd round pick, who declared early.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:34 PM

Albert.
Bowe.
Bradley.
Page.
Carr.
Leggett.

Etc.

Yeah, this shit pisses me off beyond belief. And with Tank & Turk shipped out, along with Pollard, it's just even more maddening.

I just fucking KNEW this was going to happen after they fired Herm. Herm had the personnel heading in the right direction and I absolutely guarantee that this roster would have been stocked with talent for the next coach in 2010.

Now, we're starting from scratch. Again. AND we're further away from having a competitive defense and a competitive offense.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 05:35 PM
bode has proven that he cant make the routine catch thus far. THATS the problem there, he dropped at least 2 more last game, carr is playing about the same as last year IMO. bradley has problems even lining up in the right spot.

Problems? One time?

WTF?

I can tell you that as a high school receiver, I once lined up offsides in a controlled scrimmage with referees.

It happens.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Problems? One time?

WTF?

I can tell you that as a high school receiver, I once lined up offsides in a controlled scrimmage with referees.

It happens.

I'M pretty sure it happened more than once. and you were in HS thats expected not in the NFL.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah, this shit pisses me off beyond belief. And with Tank & Turk shipped out, along with Pollard, it's just even more maddening.

I just fucking KNEW this was going to happen after they fired Herm. Herm had the personnel heading in the right direction and I absolutely guarantee that this roster would have been stocked with talent for the next coach in 2010.

Now, we're starting from scratch. Again. AND we're further away from having a competitive defense and a competitive offense.

Want to hear something funny?

Houston's run defense has moved up 10 spots from #31 to #21 since Pollard's arrival in the starting lineup.

They've held Hightower, Benson and Gore all under 50 yards.

Why?

They're playing him in run support, instead of playing him deeper like we were.

Amazing what happens when you put players in a position to succeed and play to their strengths.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:42 PM
How can you grade him on consistency when he's averaging less than 3 defensive snaps per game over his career?

Christ, people expect immediate results from rookies, and when they don't get them, that player is a bust.

The guy is a 3rd round pick that has barely played. The only way to even consider judging him is to start him every week from here on out - and even then, that's not enough time, IMO.

Everyone thought Mario Williams was a bust. Everyone thought Eli Manning was a bust.

And those guys were picked #1 overall.

Imagine the learning curve for a 3rd round pick, who declared early.

Dude thats what they said about him leading up to his draft, not what i'm saying about him now. i said that in my post

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Want to hear something funny?

Houston's run defense has moved up 10 spots from #31 to #21 since Pollard's arrival in the starting lineup.

They've held Hightower, Benson and Gore all under 50 yards.

Why?

They're playing him in run support, instead of playing him deeper like we were.

Amazing what happens when you put players in a position to succeed and play to their strengths.

gore it was his first game back from injury and only 13 carries
hightower has rushed for over 50 yards only once this year
benson is the only one that was far off but he only had 16 carries in the game

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 05:53 PM
gore it was his first game back from injury and only 13 carries
hightower has rushed for over 50 yards only once this year
benson is the only one that was far off but he only had 16 carries in the game

Make all the excuses you like, but they've gone from giving up close to 5 yards per carry before Pollard, to just under 2.8 per carry with him in the lineup.

That's impressive.

milkman
10-28-2009, 05:53 PM
I'M pretty sure it happened more than once. and you were in HS thats expected not in the NFL.

It can be expected when you change the scheme just two weeks before the season starts.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2009, 05:57 PM

WRONG.

He had two very good preseason games this year and that's what all this was founded on.

The coaching staff refuses to put him on the field for god knows what reason.

And saying he sucked in practice is complete poppycock. No one knows how any player performs in practice.

The Chiefs are 1-6 and have two slow safeties that are big liabilities. Morgan deserves a chance just to see what he can do.

The Franchise
10-28-2009, 06:01 PM

Do you think he's not making the routine catches because he's worried that if he fucks up....he's going to get demoted again?

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Make all the excuses you like, but they've gone from giving up close to 5 yards per carry before Pollard, to just under 2.8 per carry with him in the lineup.

That's impressive.

lol whatever, you can look at overall numbers, look a littlt further and its not as impressive
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Do you think he's not making the routine catches because he's worried that if he fucks up....he's going to get demoted again?

what was the problem last year? or the year before? or in college?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefs1111
10-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Niswanger must not return, for the love of god no

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 06:08 PM
WRONG.

He had two very good preseason games this year and that's what all this was founded on.

The coaching staff refuses to put him on the field for god knows what reason.

And saying he sucked in practice is complete poppycock. No one knows how any player performs in practice.

The Chiefs are 1-6 and have two slow safeties that are big liabilities. Morgan deserves a chance just to see what he can do.

I remember last year when you let me borrow some game film for the videos I was making. Morgan played a bit in the Saints game and flashed as well.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2009, 06:13 PM
lol whatever, you can look at overall numbers, look a littlt further and its not as impressive
Posted via Mobile Device

OK. Whatever.

If the Chiefs dropped their opponents YPC by 2 yards in 3 games, you'd be screaming "PROGRESS!!!" at the top of your lungs.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

It's funny how if a team other than the Chiefs improve statistically, people say "eh, that's bullshit, look a little further, etc.".

Yet if the Chiefs jump one spot from 31st to 30th, everyone say "Yeah! See! I told you! We ARE improving!!!!!!"

:shake:

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 06:49 PM
OK. Whatever.

If the Chiefs dropped their opponents YPC by 2 yards in 3 games, you'd be screaming "PROGRESS!!!" at the top of your lungs.

It's funny how if a team other than the Chiefs improve statistically, people say "eh, that's bullshit, look a little further, etc.".

Yet if the Chiefs jump one spot from 31st to 30th, everyone say "Yeah! See! I told you! We ARE improving!!!!!!"

:shake:

whats really funny is that you guys do just the opposite, and no i wouldnt be yelling progress if i looked at what the teams actually tried to do in those games

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2009, 06:54 PM
and no i wouldnt be yelling progress if i looked at what the teams actually tried to do in those games

I'm not sure I follow, Jason.

whats really funny is that you guys do just the opposite,

So are you stating that when the Chiefs have improved statistically in the rankings that I've blown them off? That's false. I incorrectly looked at our Special Teams ranking yesterday and admitted I was wrong and that they have improved dramatically over last year.

I don't pretend to be infallible with my predictions and statements.

SAUTO
10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure I follow, Jason.

well the teams he referenced didnt TRY to run the ball dane. hell i dont think any one of those players had more than 17 carries.

So are you stating that when the Chiefs have improved statistically in the rankings that I've blown them off? That's false. I incorrectly looked at our Special Teams ranking yesterday and admitted I was wrong and that they have improved dramatically over last year.

I don't pretend to be infallible with my predictions and statements.

no dane i'm not saying that. the 31-30 is a little silly IMo though, not many here would scream progress at that. some here would take those same stats if they were ours and say thats not progress those teams didnt run the ball against us. see what i'm saying?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Some people just can't get enough of that 'New Regime Bendover'.

"Everything's cool because it's Pioli and a gruff Head Coach that isn't the player's buddy" TO ELEVENTY BILLION!!!111!!!~@

Methods are methods, it's the RESULTS that count.
Idiots.