PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Larry Johnson Audio slur

Tribal Warfare
10-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Audio | Hear Larry Johnson's controversial comment (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1535199.html)

Bill Lundberg
10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
WTF? That sounds like Darth Vader. I can't understand a word of it.

Tribal Warfare
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
WTF? That sounds like Darth Vader. I can't understand a word of it.

He said "Move on faggot"

Donger
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Audio | Hear Larry Johnson's controversial comment (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1535199.html)

I can't even tell what language that is, let alone what he's saying.

MichaelH
10-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry but if I didn't see the text, I wouldn't know what he said. His attitude sucks and he needs to be kicked off the team, agreed. But way too big a deal is being made over this part of it.

InChiefsHeaven
10-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow, I didn't know that LJ was Darth Vader...

that sounded weird. I know they explain in the article, but I listened before I read it...

CoMoChief
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
This is already getting old.

Fritz88
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Audio fail

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8950/basketballfails.gif

L.A. Chieffan
10-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Thats it? Really? All this drama for that?? The KC Star is buncha faggots

Reaper16
10-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Distorted audio FTL. Though you can clearly make out the words "faggot ass outta' here" since those are the only four words in the clip.

blaise
10-28-2009, 01:47 PM
It's just a shame he was born with manure where his brains were supposed to go.

Inspector
10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I think he said "Tank and pillow cases ants in my ear"

But really, that doesn't make much sense. What is wrong with him?

Micjones
10-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Gee that's definitive. GUILTY!
He sounds like a Decepticon.
LMAO

The Kansas City Star actually paid an outside company to enhance the audio?
Are you serious?
ROFL

EPIC FAIL.

Scorp
10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
If you play it backwards you plainly hear............I'm cakn patna.

brorth
10-28-2009, 02:17 PM

Hoover
10-28-2009, 02:26 PM
OK, dude is a POS but are we really going to suspend him over that?

FringeNC
10-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Getting LJ for this is like getting Al Capone on income tax evasion. If Haley and Pioli think he is a locker room cancer, cut him. (And his twitter comments about Haley and his past history certainly suggest he may be.) But THIS supposed slur?

mikey23545
Any dufus that is offended by that but thinks nothing of having a cock in their mouth has their priorities all fucked up...

teedubya
no they aren't gonna suspend him JUST for that... he dogged on the coach...

he had that EGO EGO EGO EGO comment a couple weeks ago...

He called a fan a phag and he told reporters to get their phaggo ass outta here...

i'd say its a combination of things.

and he spells bad.

Bill Lundberg
10-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Not to mention the fact that he already apologized for it thereby admitting guilt.

Micjones
10-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Getting LJ for this is like getting Al Capone on income tax evasion. If Haley and Pioli think he is a locker room cancer, cut him. (And his twitter comments about Haley and his past history certainly suggest he may be.) But THIS supposed slur?

Exactly.

Fish
10-28-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm hearing "Golden flag vents and chowder hair."

Jerm
10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Larry "Starscream" Johnson
Posted via Mobile Device

ThunderChief
10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm not advocating, defending, OR dingrating anyone here. I do feel the politically correct syntax folk are a problem in terms of free speech. Free speech is far from free these days.

I'm not talking about hateful language which is, in and of itself, becoming highly subjective. The lines of what is or isn't 'acceptable' have been drawn so close to the edge that the edge is disappearing from our society.

And I don't think that's a good thing or what the writers of the constitution had in mind when they penned the Bill of Rights.

HemiEd
10-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Any dufus that is offended by that but thinks nothing of having a cock in their mouth has their priorities all ****ed up...

yep

DMAC
10-28-2009, 02:58 PM
"a cunt, is that it?"

patteeu
10-28-2009, 03:18 PM

What does the quality of the audio have to do with whether or not the statement is actionable? The audio shows that he said what reporters reported that he said. :shrug:

patteeu
10-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Exactly.

Would you be saying that if it was a white player who said "get your n***** ass out of here" after calling a fan the same thing on twitter?

FringeNC
10-28-2009, 03:37 PM
What does the quality of the audio have to do with whether or not the statement is actionable? The audio shows that he said what reporters reported that he said. :shrug:

It's not the quality of the audio. It was the apparent lack of malice associated with the comment.

MichaelH
10-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Would you be saying that if it was a white player who said "get your n***** ass out of here" after calling a fan the same thing on twitter?

I'm not sure about that but it makes me wonder about the sexual orientation of the offended reporter.

If I was a white reporter and I asked some upset athlete in their lockeroom a stupid question and his response was "pound mud, honkey" I wouldn't be offended. Replace pillowbiter, pollock or any other derogatory racial slur and I wouldn't be offended. What do you expect? You're in their space asking dumb questions after a painful loss.

Chiefaholic
10-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I haven't liked LJ for a few years now due to his attitude on and off the field. But, to be honest, the media's blowing this comment way out of proportion in their desperate attempt to be the next Jim Rome. If they showed up on any given day at my job, 70% of the people's ass would be on the line.

I could care less if Larry's benched, then traded this offseason. I never liked the guy's attitude... BUT, leave the PC shit to Rev. Al and Jesse and tell the official Pillowbiters Protection Agency to shove it up their keysters.

patteeu
10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
It's not the quality of the audio. It was the apparent lack of malice associated with the comment.

:spock: Did it sound to you like he was wishing them a farewell?

Marcellus
10-28-2009, 04:02 PM
He clearly says "get your faggot ass out of here". Not sure how you miss it.

Mojo Jojo
10-28-2009, 04:05 PM
I haven't liked LJ for a few years now due to his attitude on and off the field. But, to be honest, the media's blowing this comment way out of proportion in their desperate attempt to be the next Jim Rome. If they showed up on any given day at my job, 70% of the people's ass would be on the line.

I could care less if Larry's benched, then traded this offseason. I never liked the guy's attitude... BUT, leave the PC shit to Rev. Al and Jesse and tell the official Pillowbiters Protection Agency to shove it up their keysters.

If this were the first LJ thing to happen I might agree, but it isn't. He has already been suspended in his career, he has been arrested for off the field behavior, and now he had two public incidents on back-to-back days. At some point enough is enough.

This guy needs to learn to grow up and shut up, and after all this he still hasn't.

For all of you defending him and saying this isn't that big of a problem also need to grow up. It is about a pattern of behavior.

patteeu
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure about that but it makes me wonder about the sexual orientation of the offended reporter.

If I was a white reporter and I asked some upset athlete in their lockeroom a stupid question and his response was "pound mud, honkey" I wouldn't be offended. Replace pillowbiter, pollock or any other derogatory racial slur and I wouldn't be offended. What do you expect? You're in their space asking dumb questions after a painful loss.

I don't think anyone should be terribly offended by it either (even the reporter if he actually happens to be gay). IMO, it's more about Larry as a public representative of an organization that depends on it's marketability. An organization that just a week or two ago had it's commissioner talking about how he won't tolerate "divisive language". And on top of that, it's about a guy who has already had several chances and who ought to be on the shortest of leashes.

But I do agree that, in general, people should try to be less sensitive about these things.

Jerm
10-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Funny that he sounds like The Black Scorpion.

That's for the old, old school wrestling fans.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2009, 04:29 PM
If this were the first LJ thing to happen I might agree, but it isn't. He has already been suspended in his career, he has been arrested for off the field behavior, and now he had two public incidents on back-to-back days. At some point enough is enough.

This guy needs to learn to grow up and shut up, and after all this he still hasn't.

For all of you defending him and saying this isn't that big of a problem also need to grow up. It is about a pattern of behavior.

It's the tweeting AND the slur, IMO. If this was the first incident it wouldn't be that bad. But it just means he hasn't learned and probably something even worse could be in his future.

For a guy who isn't producing now and is going to be 31 next season, why fucking bother?

Chiefaholic
10-28-2009, 04:48 PM

You didn't read my entire post or just responded to a portion of it. I said that I do NOT like Larry and haven't liked the guy for quite some time. However, he does hold some trade value, even if it's just a 4th or 5th rounder. This could potentially add another draft pick that might become another position of need. I want larry to go, BUT I want some compensation in return rather than cut his ass, eat the prorated signing bonus, and watch him excell on a team like the Raiders who could give a rats ass about off field conduct. Somebody WILL sign him to a contract with minimum pay the first season and incintives based upon production and off field issues. The Planet dipshits who say he has no trade value are the same idiots that said Tynes, Green, Hall, and Sims had no trade value.

Micjones
10-28-2009, 05:09 PM

I'd venture to guess that the reporters he addressed weren't homosexual.

More importantly, what I stood in agreement with was the idea that to cut Johnson for this offense given his prior offenses is...well...lame.

The media has trumped this up and turned this into an issue that has drawn the ire of the LGBT community. It was never that serious, but the strategy was brilliant. It created a shit storm. And has effectively forced the hand of the Chiefs Front Office. The media wins.

Johnson will never play another down for this team.
And while that might well be his "just deserts" I'm not sure it should've happened because of this particular incident.

ForeverChiefs58
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Holy crap! I just played it backwords and I thought I heard Herm Edwards saying he was the devil!

patteeu
10-28-2009, 06:11 PM

More importantly, what I stood in agreement with was the idea that to cut Johnson for this offense given his prior offenses is...well...lame.

The media has trumped this up and turned this into an issue that has drawn the ire of the LGBT community. It was never that serious, but the strategy was brilliant. It created a shit storm. And has effectively forced the hand of the Chiefs Front Office. The media wins.

And while that might well be his "just deserts" I'm not sure it should've happened because of this particular incident.

You didn't answer my question. Would you still agree that cutting him was lame if he was white and he'd used "n*****" instead of "f*****"? :shrug:

LocoChiefsFan
10-28-2009, 06:31 PM
He clearly says "get your faggot ass out of here". Not sure how you miss it.

I clearly did not hear anything close to that. Sounded like he said " Beyonce ".

MahiMike
10-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I can't believe he's getting in more trouble for calling a fag a fag than dissing his boss.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I can't believe he's getting in more trouble for calling a fag a fag than dissing his boss.

How do we know that wasn't weighed?

Haley says he's not offended but that doesn't excuse what LJ does.

You can't call out the coach like that on freaking Twitter.

blaise
10-29-2009, 05:43 AM

It doesn't need to be just about this incident. This is just the straw that broke the camel's back. And as far as the media wins and them trumping this up- that's the way it goes these days. If you've got people three weeks ago yelling and screaming that we can't have divisive language from Rush Limbaugh in the NFL, then you've got to expect the PC card to be played everywhere.