PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ to appeal suspension

KCrockaholic
10-28-2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/10/28/1105506/agent-larry-johnson-will-appeal#storyjump

Peter Schaffer, agent for Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson, does not like the decision by the Chiefs to suspend without pay one of his clients. After news broke earlier tonight that the Chiefs would suspend LJ, costing him two game checks and over $500,000, Schaffer told PFT that they will be filing an appeal as early as tomorrow morning.

"It is our belief that the action did not warrant the discipline unilaterally imposed by the Chiefs," Schaffer said. "We'll be asking for an expedited hearing, and hopefully we can work out a positive, mutual resolution with the Chiefs. If not, we'll defer to the arbitrator's decision."

Star-divide

This quote from Schaffer might indicate that LJ is not purposely trying to be released, as some have speculated.

"Larry's desire is to get back to his teammates as soon as he can."

Schaffer wants to get his client in good graces with the Chiefs because he knows LJ will never see that type of money again. That's my belief. It's a good move, too, and something LJ should have known.

How much will LJ lose if the suspension is upheld?

PFT says about $568,000 while Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star says $660,000. The Associated Press article just mentions one game check being equal to $213,000. Whichever it is, it's a lot.

These types of appeals are heard by an independent arbitrator. If the NFL had issued the suspension, then the Commissioner's office would be hearing the appeal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
This means he wants out of KC.

Mr. Booth; TAKE IT AWAY!

Bane
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
JFC!!!!:cuss:

chiefbowe82
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
this will go over about as well as my posts

DeezNutz
10-28-2009, 10:54 PM

LMAO

Reaper16
10-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Well played.

irishjayhawk
10-28-2009, 10:56 PM
LJ will appeal. LJ will win an unlikely verdict. Haley and Pioli will return fire with severance from the team. LJ will appeal severance. He will lose. No team will pick him up. He will die in obscurity. He OD'd on Jay-Z albums and pesky sleeping pills. Oh and the woman he spit on stuck a knife thru his chest.

Bane
10-28-2009, 10:59 PM
LJ will appeal. LJ will win an unlikely verdict. Haley and Pioli will return fire with severance from the team. LJ will appeal severance. He will lose. No team will pick him up.

Thats pretty standard with just about every suspension though I guess,they always appeal it seems like.I don't blame them,its a 50/50 shot of getting it turned around.I just hate that with all the shit this team needs to be doing,they have to be a daycare for LJ.:mad:

KCrockaholic
10-28-2009, 11:01 PM
This entire thing just makes me wanna take a looong nap, wake up, turn on ESPN and hear about Larry Johnson being released. That would be nice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Our franchise is so awesome.

KCrockaholic
10-28-2009, 11:02 PM

funny quote from LJ's agent. Larry doesn't give a damn about anyone on this team but himself. I don't know who Schaffer is trying to kid.

TinyEvel
10-28-2009, 11:03 PM
I want to kill myself so that i can roll over in my grave.

Bane
10-28-2009, 11:04 PM

ROFL

petegz28
10-28-2009, 11:04 PM
This entire thing just makes we wanna take a looong nap, wake up, turn on ESPN and hear about Larry Johnson being released. That would be nice.

rep

Bane
10-28-2009, 11:05 PM

funny quote from LJ's agent. Larry doesn't give a damn about anyone on this team but himself. I don't know who Schaffer is trying to kid.

Maybe he has a bunch of wedding cakes to attend to.

Coach
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Can't say I'm suprised, since I expected this to occur.

It just would make more sense just to cut him and not having to deal with him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM

LMAO