PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cowher/Shanny to Chiefs talk not dead?

Hammock Parties
10-29-2009, 03:12 AM
Just passing along a rumor. Don't taze me bro!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=5021439

Quiet talk is already happening within the Chiefs organization that maybe Cowher or Shanahan will be quietly consulted/talked with about taking over next season that Pioli has discovered that the Chiefs are way too far off on talent/coaching to work a 3 year plan and needs a quick fix coach to boost the morale of the franchise/fan base - they anticipate many if not half of their current season ticket holder fan base leaving......Frank Ganz era is being thrown around as the comparative word lately......my source is within the Chiefs on the operations side......Stay tuned......

PS: If in doubt - Check out my posts from last year and your clue to my source would be revealed when Herm/Carl was going down in flames.......They predicted last fall a house cleaning..

TrickyNicky
10-29-2009, 03:15 AM
They called Carl/Herm? Fucking soothsayers reading chicken bones or somethin'.

Fritz88
10-29-2009, 03:31 AM
bullcrap

Tribal Warfare
10-29-2009, 03:43 AM
http://www.k-state.edu/udguidesite/gx/flying_pigs.jpg

Lets see what BigRedChief's source says about this

BossChief
10-29-2009, 04:05 AM

its the swine flu and we do have a black president.....just sayin

So now "the deal isnt done"?

which is it?

Mile High Mania
10-29-2009, 04:16 AM
"the Chiefs are way too far off on talent/coaching to work a 3 year plan and needs a quick fix coach to boost the morale of the franchise/fan base..."

I don't know what either of those two could do to 'quick fix' this team... Pioli is the "player guy" right? Well, he's had a year to watch that thing in KC and he needs to go get players.

the Talking Can
10-29-2009, 04:24 AM
hey gang,

Kerberos
10-29-2009, 05:10 AM
"the Chiefs are way too far off on talent/coaching to work a 3 year plan and needs a quick fix coach to boost the morale of the franchise/fan base..."

I don't know what either of those two could do to 'quick fix' this team... Pioli is the "player guy" right? Well, he's had a year to watch that thing in KC and he needs to go get players.

This

Easy 6
10-29-2009, 05:35 AM
bullcrap

PhillyChiefFan
10-29-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm not a real estate agent, but I play one on TV...

Bane
10-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Wow,if they were to replace Pioli's hand picked,cream of the crop coach after one season............:shake: Nah never happen.

TEX
10-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Whatever. The time for that has past. It is what it is now. Pioli / Haley or bust...

kstater
10-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Pioli does seem like the guy to launch his career on trying a quick fix.

Gonzo
10-29-2009, 06:25 AM
House bought, ok gang, deal is done...

I just stepped into a time machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
10-29-2009, 06:26 AM

Nada word about this. Has to be rampant speculation. I just don't see it happening.

InChiefsHeaven
10-29-2009, 06:32 AM
This is such a crock of shit. No way that either of those guys would want to step into this pile of shit, and no way that Pioli thinks that anyone can do anything with it right now. It's called a re-build. Hell, it's a complete overhaul. There is 20 years of Peterson Funk all over this organization, not just the team. It's going to take time. These "speculators" are just that, and most are projecting their own wants and desires as "rumors".

I figured these rumors were coming and would be bad, but not as early as the by-week.

Bugeater
10-29-2009, 06:37 AM
lol

Mile High Mania
10-29-2009, 06:39 AM
There's also the 'dead money' issue... I'm not posting this as a pro-Broncos statement, but they list the top 5 Teams in 2009 with the most dead money on their caps... Denver is #1, Oakland is #2 and the Chiefs are #5 with $24.6M of their $128M cap is towards players that are not with the team.

That's tough to have 20% of your team salary cap tied up in dead money...

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13664610

Fat Elvis
10-29-2009, 06:44 AM
There's also the 'dead money' issue... I'm not posting this as a pro-Broncos statement, but they list the top 5 Teams in 2009 with the most dead money on their caps... Denver is #1, Oakland is #2 and the Chiefs are #5 with $24.6M of their $128M cap is towards players that are not with the team.

That's tough to have 20% of your team salary cap tied up in dead money...

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13664610

We need all that dead money just to reach the cap floor.....

Chiefnj2
10-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Last week Cowher was talking about Zorn not having play calling ability and how he is a figurehead in DC. He talked about a head coach needing total control. Shanahan was a total control figure too. They wouldn't want to share decision making issues (draft/free agents) with Pioli, nor would Pioli want to share with them. Not going to happen.

tomahawk kid
10-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Never going to happen.

We're stuck with Haley for at least 2-3 more seasons after this one.

ChiTown
10-29-2009, 08:12 AM
gmafb

ArrowheadHawk
10-29-2009, 08:14 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_h2Me8fvn0DQ/SMGyo2l0gwI/AAAAAAAAAsM/FsvTMxVwge8/S660/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

MOhillbilly
10-29-2009, 08:16 AM
http://www.mikespoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/the-angry-mob.png

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 08:17 AM
I cant see Shanahan coming back to the AFC West, especially to the Chiefs.... He will probably go to Dallas where he can have an owner that gives a fuck about the team and frachise...

Cowher isnt shit with out the Pittsburg organization... I cant wait til that fucked up face Marty clone goes somewhere and fails... Falls on that fucked up chin of his....
Cowhard yells at players anyway, that wouldnt go well with the "CP be nice to players crowd"

Brock
10-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Last week Cowher was talking about Zorn not having play calling ability and how he is a figurehead in DC. He talked about a head coach needing total control. Shanahan was a total control figure too. They wouldn't want to share decision making issues (draft/free agents) with Pioli, nor would Pioli want to share with them. Not going to happen.

Where is Cowher or Shanahan going to get total control? Not in Washington. Not in Dallas. Maybe in Carolina.

Quesadilla Joe
10-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Shanahan will never coach the Chiefs. Ever.

He doesn't want to rebuild.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Where is Cowher or Shanahan going to get total control? Not in Washington. Not in Dallas. Not in Kansas City

FYP

Brock
10-29-2009, 08:20 AM
FYP

Captain Obvious doesn't fix posts.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 08:22 AM

Why you bringing Dane into the conversation?

:clap:

Kerberos
10-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Where is Cowher or Shanahan going to get total control? Not in Washington. Not in Dallas. Maybe in Carolina.

And my money is on Carolina being the next stop for Bill Cowher.

MOhillbilly
10-29-2009, 08:23 AM

you doin crossfit? your avatar makes me wonder.

CoMoChief
10-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, Schottenhiemer - all these coaches are gonna want to go somewhere that's already competitive, or on that verge of being good, teams that just need a few tweeks or players.

Our franchise is complete dogshit, a mess.....I'm sure the only way we could get a HC is giving a first go around guy a shot. Promoting an offensive coord, def coord. etc, just like we did with Haley. Coaches that have proved themselves are just like High priced FA players. They're either gonna go somewhere where they have a good chance at winning, or may go somewhere where the money talks, which I don't think is the case here.

Brock
10-29-2009, 08:30 AM
you doin crossfit? your avatar makes me wonder.

Kettlebells, yep. It kicks ass.

alpha_omega
10-29-2009, 08:30 AM
I read it on the Internet so it must be true?!?!?!

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, Schottenhiemer - all these coaches are gonna want to go somewhere that's already competitive, or on that verge of being good, teams that just need a few tweeks or players.

Our franchise is complete dogshit, a mess.....I'm sure the only way we could get a HC is giving a first go around guy a shot. Promoting an offensive coord, def coord. etc, just like we did with Haley. Coaches that have proved themselves are just like High priced FA players. They're either gonna go somewhere where they have a good chance at winning, or may go somewhere where the money talks, which I don't think is the case here.

What is Marty going to tweek? other than your playoff hopes? ROFL

MOhillbilly
10-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Kettlebells, yep. It kicks ass.

everyone i know who does, loves it.

Jack
10-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Someone tell me why all this talk about shanahan being a "genius" still abounds.

He had elway and that running back, can't remember his name, and a greased line. Anyone could've won a ring with those two.

So elway hung it up and the RB went t!ts up. Any great success for him after that?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Shanahan will never coach the Chiefs. Ever.

He doesn't want to rebuild.

I see the idea of it is still enough to make Bronco fans vomit. I'd think they would've moved on by now.........................

sparkky
10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
I doubt we see a new coach for another 2-3 years like mentioned above.
they're not going to pay Haley to leave town after one year plus spend bigtime $$ to bring in a "household name" type coach.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-29-2009, 08:55 AM

not only that i think all those coaches are gonna want full control and be the GM and HC.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-29-2009, 08:57 AM
You have to give Haley at least 2 years, it looks really bad on your organization if you just quit on him after 1 year. The good quality coaches are not gonna come here after seeing us fire somewhere after 1 year, it just wont happen.

The Franchise
10-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Shannahan is going to Dallas. Cowher is going to Carolina. John Fox is going to Washington.

KCDC
10-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Water cooler talk by low level employees in the Chiefs administrative organization. Guys worried about selling hot dogs don't have to know anything about high level decision-making, they just have to speculate on ways to sell more tickets and hot dogs ... like sign big name free agent and bring in a big name coach. Nothing more.

Instead, they need to start thinking about ways to discount tickets, give away free tickets with each large pizza bought from Papa Johns and other promotions to fill the stadium. They can make the money off the parking and the concessions. ;)

Mr. Laz
10-29-2009, 09:28 AM
i seriously doubt it.

i wouldn't be surprised if Cowher stays gone for a long time. As soon as bleached his teeth i knew he was buying into his t.v. gig.

i imagine shanarat will be ready to go soon ... but Pioli is the sloooow moving type and i don't see him giving up on Haley yet.

CoMoChief
10-29-2009, 09:33 AM
What is Marty going to tweek? other than your playoff hopes? ROFL

LOL.....I was just using his name as an example that he's a big name that's out there...and a coach that probably wants a lot of control.

That's funny, sad, and true all at the same time. Confused of which smiley to use. UHHHHHH like, uhhhh how bout this =========> :Elvis:

vailpass
10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Someone tell me why all this talk about shanahan being a "genius" still abounds.

He had elway and that running back, can't remember his name, and a greased line. Anyone could've won a ring with those two.

So elway hung it up and the RB went t!ts up. Any great success for him after that?

I think your team affiliation is clouding your judgement and subtracting from your objectivity.

Jack
10-29-2009, 10:25 AM
I think your team affiliation is clouding your judgement and subtracting from your objectivity.

I think you just called me a homer, right?

Skip Towne
10-29-2009, 10:27 AM

Yeah but he was thinking something much worse.

Brock
10-29-2009, 10:28 AM

That could be true of you as well. You poobutt.

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Scrap the rebuild and apply bandaids a la Carl! Brilliant!

LaChapelle
10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Must sell subscriptions
Think like an idiot
what would sell..

vailpass
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM

No, not trying to insult you at all. I was speculating that you may have disliked Shannahan during his tenure as Bronco coach and that dislike may still exist.
Shannahan is acknowledged as one of the best offensive coaching minds in the business and consistently coached up players and got the max out of them. To say he is not a good coach seems to be based not in logic but in emotion.
Hell maybe I did call you a homer:D

vailpass
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah but he was thinking something much worse.

It takes one to know one:D

vailpass
10-29-2009, 10:58 AM
That could be true of you as well. You poobutt.

That hurts Brock. That really hurts. :)

SDChiefs
10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Quiet talk is already happening within the Chiefs organization that maybe Cowher or Shanahan will be quietly consulted/talked with about taking over next season that Pioli has discovered that HE is not the man to work a 3 year plan and needs a quick fix coach who actually knows how to evaluate talent and put together a winning team. They anticipate many if not half of their current season ticket holder fan base leaving......Frank Ganz era is being thrown around as the comparative word lately......my source is within the Chiefs on the operations side......Stay tuned......

PS: If in doubt - Check out my posts from last year and your clue to my source would be revealed when Herm/Carl was going down in flames.......They predicted last fall a house cleaning..

FYP

SDChiefs
10-29-2009, 11:14 AM
You have to give Haley at least 2 years, it looks really bad on your organization if you just quit on him after 1 year. The good quality coaches are not gonna come here after seeing us fire somewhere after 1 year, it just wont happen.

Normally I would agree with you. But complete inneptatude would make it ok. I think most coaches see that Haley is in WAY over his head and that, at least at this point in time, head coaching is not in his abilities. If the Hunt family wants to keep its fans they need to improve on the weakest links. Haley, I believe, to be one of them.

DJ's left nut
10-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Scrap the rebuild and apply bandaids a la Carl! Brilliant!

WHAT REBUILD?!?!?!

We're OLDER than we were a year ago.

We're less disciplined than we were a year ago.

We're worse than we were a year ago.

How in the !@#$ can this be considered a 'rebuild'? Rebuilding teams bring in Jamon Meredith. Dumb ass teams run by overhyped yes men bring in guys like Goff, Brown, Thomas and allow themselves to be manipulated by the likes of Larry Johnson.

No, Shanahan and Cowher aren't coming. But to say hiring them would be 'scrapping the rebuild' is just laughabe. I'm not seeing a rebuild taking place here, just a pathetic excuse for a HC and a clueless byproduct of a GM trying to cover their own asses.

tyler360
10-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I really dont see this happening. I think Haley could be a great coach once he learns from his mistakes and keeps his emotions in check a little more. He is an aggressive coach which I like. Last year about this time we also had won one game and looked like garbage then as the team got their feet under them a little more they became competitive. Idk if that will happen again but they sure as hell cant get worse. Just be patient

DaWolf
10-29-2009, 11:40 AM
The only way I can see Haley going is if he is a catastrophe this second half of the year (one win or less, team continues to get blown out and shows no signs of life).

And even at that, there's no way I see either of those two guys taking this job.
A) You are taking over a bad team
B) You will demand total control
C) Cowher is probably going to take the Carolina job
D) Shanny will probably head to Dallas or Washington

Mr. Kotter
10-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Unlikely, but not (as it would have been even 4-5 weeks ago) out-of-the-question. Haley, increasingly, simply looks like he's in over-his-head. He has 9 games left to turn that image around....and if he doesn't, he could be gone.

The whole taking on the QB and OC responsibilities along with the HC job, was a huge head-scratcher---and he hasn't come close to showing he's up to any of those jobs, let alone all three. Pioli and Hunt may have just given him enough rope....that he will end up hanging himself.

Jack
10-29-2009, 11:44 AM
No, not trying to insult you at all. I was speculating that you may have disliked Shannahan during his tenure as Bronco coach and that dislike may still exist.
Shannahan is acknowledged as one of the best offensive coaching minds in the business and consistently coached up players and got the max out of them. To say he is not a good coach seems to be based not in logic but in emotion.
Hell maybe I did call you a homer:D

I don't believe I said he was not a good coach. I merely implied that he has never lived up his label albeit one mostly promulgated by donky fans.

His genius fell short when two players left/retired. He had, what, a decade to prove this majesty and always fell short. Seems like all the "best chaching minds" run short when they forget that there is another dimension; defense.

That happened to the rat and Vermil. If you're going to say "best", think Landry or Shula. . .

HemiEd
10-29-2009, 11:47 AM
i seriously doubt it.

i wouldn't be surprised if Cowher stays gone for a long time. As soon as bleached his teeth i knew he was buying into his t.v. gig.

i imagine shanarat will be ready to go soon ... but Pioli is the sloooow moving type and i don't see him giving up on Haley yet.

Pioli is slow moving? ROFL

bowener
10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Pioli does seem like the guy to launch his career on trying a quick fix.

Well, from what everyone says about him he hates to lose, so I could see him wanting to fix this fucking mess now.

It is also logical to see that this is his effing career, and that if he can't get this shit team to play good, its going to hurt his future worth come contract resigning.

This is also the NFL, where your fans expect you to win every damn year, no matter how bad you were the year before. Think about it, there are at least 20X's more homer's than there are sensible fans.

Number one reason to quick fix this mess is because they are hemorrhaging money right now. If the article is accurate and they lose half the season tickets, then they are basically fucked as a small market team. Now figure in that there is going to be a new CBA in 2010 or 2011 where the rich teams like <strike> Jim </strike> Jerry Jones' (the Taint of America) are going to make a very strong push to keep more of their fair share of the market value for their team, meaning teams like KC, Buffalo, Green Bay are going to be getting butt fucked on funds, receiving a much smaller amount than they currently do now. If the Chiefs cant get ticket sales up and get the fan base reinvigorated by the time something like this may happen, Im not sure what they will be able to do, really. I guess they will have to hit on every single draft pick since it will be pretty tough to pull in FA's with less money and less chances at a championship.

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
WHAT REBUILD?!?!?!

We're OLDER than we were a year ago.

We're less disciplined than we were a year ago.

We're worse than we were a year ago.

How in the !@#$ can this be considered a 'rebuild'? Rebuilding teams bring in Jamon Meredith. Dumb ass teams run by overhyped yes men bring in guys like Goff, Brown, Thomas and allow themselves to be manipulated by the likes of Larry Johnson.

No, Shanahan and Cowher aren't coming. But to say hiring them would be 'scrapping the rebuild' is just laughabe. I'm not seeing a rebuild taking place here, just a pathetic excuse for a HC and a clueless byproduct of a GM trying to cover their own asses.I wasn't referring to bringing in an established coach as "scrapping the rebuild." I was addressing the implications of a team "way too far off on talent" that now doesn't wish to necessarily stick to a 3-year plan. Great coaches are great coaches. Panicking about talent reminds me of Gunther's list.

bowener
10-29-2009, 11:53 AM
The only way I can see Haley going is if he is a catastrophe this second half of the year (one win or less, team continues to get blown out and shows no signs of life).

And even at that, there's no way I see either of those two guys taking this job.
A) You are taking over a bad team
B) You will demand total control
C) Cowher is probably going to take the Carolina job
D) Shanny will probably head to Dallas or Washington

It would be pretty interesting to have the Rat here... seeing as he would then have coached 3 of the 4 AFC West teams.

Also, who takes Norv Turner's job after this year? Smith must be retarded if he keeps him again.

Brock
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
It would be pretty interesting to have the Rat here... seeing as he would then have coached 3 of the 4 AFC West teams.

Also, who takes Norv Turner's job after this year? Smith must be retarded if he keeps him again.

Maybe they'd give Ron Rivera a chance.

Lzen
10-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Isn't there some rule that says WPI stuff can't be posted over here? I certainly would prefer it that way. I am, anyone can pull stuff out of their butt.

Sure-Oz
I can't believe this made 5 pages....this wont happen, haley will be here for atleast another year, period.

bowener
I wasn't referring to bringing in an established coach as "scrapping the rebuild." I was addressing the implications of a team "way too far off on talent" that now doesn't wish to necessarily stick to a 3-year plan. Great coaches are great coaches. Panicking about talent reminds me of Gunther's list.

Yeah, I think Pioli thought the team was more talented than what it is, and believed Herm and Co. had just been using them wrong or under coaching them... which is pretty damn easy to think that.

It seems the problem is that we are not really an NFL team. We have shit for talent (seeing as our last 8 drafts have netted us something like 18 players), and their previous coach was soft like a 90 year-olds pecker. Now they have to get accustomed to a mean ass bastard who expects them to win, not just try their hardest.

bowener
10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Maybe they'd give Ron Rivera a chance.

If they don't, hopefully it pisses him off and we can pull him away from their staff to coach our D... maybe whisper in his ear that he can have a chance at head coach if Haley fails (once we get him coordinators that is).

vailpass
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't believe I said he was not a good coach. I merely implied that he has never lived up his label albeit one mostly promulgated by donky fans.

His genius fell short when two players left/retired. He had, what, a decade to prove this majesty and always fell short. Seems like all the "best chaching minds" run short when they forget that there is another dimension; defense.

That happened to the rat and Vermil. If you're going to say "best", think Landry or Shula. . .

That's a good example of a couple of coaches who didn't have franchise QBs and RBs and still won SBs. I see your point.

MMXcalibur
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Not this shit again......

vailpass
10-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Not this shit again......

I heard they exhumed Lombardi and he is on his way to KC to interview. Apparently the only way he takes the job is if he gets Favre as his QB and a company-paid Model T with a chaufer.

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I heard they exhumed Lombardi and he is on his way to KC to interview. Apparently the only way he takes the job is if he gets Favre as his QB and a company-paid Model T with a chaufer.Hogwash! Balderdash!

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I can't believe this made 5 pages....this wont happen, haley will be here for atleast another year, period.

If Herm who was a proven complete failure was given 3 wasted years, then Haley deserves at least as much.

DeezNutz
10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
If Herm who was a proven complete failure was given 3 wasted years, then Haley deserves at least as much.

Herm was not a "proven complete failure."

Brock
10-29-2009, 12:15 PM

He sure looked like one to me.

Sure-Oz
10-29-2009, 12:15 PM

Off topic, but...i wonder if Dayton Moore has a seat waiting for him on baseball tonight to take steve phillips spot within a few years.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM

ROFL

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/kool-aid-man.jpg</o:p>

DeezNutz

Not before taking the job, and one can make a case that the '06 team was as productive as it possibly could have been.

Reerun_KC
Off topic, but...i wonder if Dayton Moore has a seat waiting for him on baseball tonight to take steve phillips spot within a few years.

Hum, now that is food for thought....

DaWolf
10-29-2009, 12:17 PM

If I had my choice, starting from scratch, I'd prefer to bring in Gruden. I think Gruden and Pioli would have a much better yin/yang than Rat or Chin.

Again, not that it would happen in a million years...

DeezNutz
10-29-2009, 12:17 PM

I sure hope so...

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 12:18 PM

Actually your right. He sucked so flucking bad that he removed Carl along with himself...

So he wasnt a proven complete failure in the end... He moved up just a little...

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I sure hope so...

Well it would be a start, but ownership is killing the Royals, I hope ownership isnt going to kill the chiefs...

DeezNutz
10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Actually your right. He sucked so flucking bad that he removed Carl along with himself...

So he wasnt a proven complete failure in the end... He moved up just a little...

Your hatred for Herm is indeed impressive. ROFL

Well it would be a start, but ownership is killing the Royals, I hope ownership isnt going to kill the chiefs...

I'm going to be the last guy to defend David fucking Glass. I would be thrilled if that worthless sack of shit sold the team.

Bane
10-29-2009, 12:25 PM
ROFL

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/kool-aid-man.jpg</o:p>

The kool aid man?GLORIOUS!!!!:clap:

Reerun_KC
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Your hatred for Herm is indeed impressive. ROFL

I'm going to be the last guy to defend David ****ing Glass. I would be thrilled if that worthless sack of shit sold the team.

Agree, Glass hasnt done shit in his time as an owner... IF the Royals ever want to be what they were back when Kaufman was around.. they are going to have get an owner that hates the yankees with the same passion and deep pockets. Until then, They will always, always be the Royals regardless of the GM and Manager.

I am hoping Clark isnt taking the cheap way out with this team... I hope he has the balls to sell it before he just runs it into the ground where noone would give a shit.

DeezNutz
10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Agree, Glass hasnt done shit in his time as an owner... IF the Royals ever want to be what they were back when Kaufman was around.. they are going to have get an owner that hates the yankees with the same passion and deep pockets. Until then, They will always, always be the Royals regardless of the GM and Manager.

I am hoping Clark isnt taking the cheap way out with this team... I hope he has the balls to sell it before he just runs it into the ground where noone would give a shit.

Don't know about the Yankees, but, for any owner, his primary focus must be HIS team. That's not the case with Glass, and it might not be the case for Hunt.

Regarding the Royals, people try to defend Glass by saying, "At least he bought the team and is committed to keeping it in KC."

Fuck that. If keeping 'em in KC means consistently running out an embarrassing product, let 'em fucking move. The Royals will always be my team, city be damned.

DaneMcCloud
10-29-2009, 12:30 PM
If I had my choice, starting from scratch, I'd prefer to bring in Gruden. I think Gruden and Pioli would have a much better yin/yang than Rat or Chin.

Again, not that it would happen in a million years...

Oh, JFC.

Jon Gruden? Yeah, he did wonders with Tampa Bay.

:Lin:

SAUTO
10-29-2009, 12:31 PM

me too, and 7 years proved it

wild1
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
We're in a rebuild, stick with it. The worst thing now would be to abandon it and try to apply quick fixes.

DJ's left nut
10-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Don't know about the Yankees, but, for any owner, his primary focus must be HIS team. That's not the case with Glass, and it might not be the case for Hunt.

Regarding the Royals, people try to defend Glass by saying, "At least he bought the team and is committed to keeping it in KC."

**** that. If keeping 'em in KC means consistently running out an embarrassing product, let 'em ****ing move. The Royals will always be my team, city be damned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Royals have a higher opening day payroll than the Cardinals? I know KC has been spending pretty serious money on draft picks as well.

Moore was an expensive hire and Hillman was actually even in strong demand.

Glass has been a decent owner of late; Moore's simply incompetent.

We'll see if Glass has the stones to fire him, but I don't see what other complaints KC fans could have over the last 2 or 3 seasons regarding their owner.

DeezNutz
10-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Royals have a higher opening day payroll than the Cardinals? I know KC has been spending pretty serious money on draft picks as well.

We'll see if Glass has the stones to fire him, but I don't see what other complaints KC fans could have over the last 2 or 3 seasons regarding their owner.

He's been fine the last few years, and, yes, we're spending seriously on the draft. Now, there are still signability selections, such as Moosetacos instead of Porcello, but at least we're making legit. selections.

I'm not giving Glass much slack because we're still digging out from the unbelievable ditch he dug for the organization. 3 years of trying does not compensate for 10+ of taking a shit on the entire city.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Well if Scout.com says it, it MUST be true.:rolleyes:

Titty Meat
10-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Well if Scout.com says it, it MUST be true.:rolleyes:

LOL

BigRedChief
10-29-2009, 01:16 PM

Royals Opening Day Payroll = $71.5 million (21st highest)
Cardinals Opening Day Payroll = $76.5 million (17th highest)

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2009

not a lot of difference there.

Titty Meat
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Cowher will coach Carolina.

Shanny either Denver or Washington.

DJ's left nut
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Royals Opening Day Payroll = $71.5 million (21st highest)
Cardinals Opening Day Payroll = $76.5 million (17th highest)

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2009

not a lot of difference there.

Thankya sir. I wonder where I heard that. Maybe it had something to do with non-deferred payments or something.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-29-2009, 01:31 PM
LOL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Rep for the Sig.

SDChiefs
10-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Screwups in the past shouldn't constitute screwups in the present. If Haley proves he sucks ass, he should be gone immediately. No "Well we gave Herm 3 years of sucking, so it wouldn't be fair if Haley doesn't get 3 years of sucking." Problems need to be fixed and they need to be fixed as quickly as possible to stop the bleeding that is One Arrowhead Dr.

SDChiefs
10-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh, JFC.

He won a Super Bowl his first year there. I would take that.

BigMeatballDave
10-29-2009, 01:43 PM
He won a Super Bowl his first year there. I would take that.With Dungy's players.

bowener
10-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Cowher will coach Carolina.

Shanny either Denver or Washington.

Who is going to coach in SD? They can't possibly hang with Norv Turner another year, can they?

DeezNutz
10-29-2009, 01:46 PM
With Dungy's players.

Who were also coached by Herm. :eek:

Reaper16
10-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Defending Herm... you're better than that, Deez. You saw his lack of coaching aptitude on the field. This is like someone defending Trey Hillman for his managerial skills in Japan and in the Yankees minors.

DeezNutz
10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Defending Herm... you're better than that, Deez. You saw his lack of coaching aptitude on the field. This is like someone defending Trey Hillman for his managerial skills in Japan and in the Yankees minors.

Not defending him at all.

His resume, pre-Chiefs, was not indicative of a "complete and total failure." That's all. It's a fine point. And I don't believe the '06 season substantiated "complete and total fail."

Is he a qualified coach? No, but I think he also gets unfairly vilified in certain situations, and there is definitely some revisionist history going on regarding his early coaching resume.

Reaper16
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM

His resume pre-Chiefs, was not indicative of a "complete and total failure." That's all. It's a fine point. And I don't believe the '06 season substantiated "complete and total fail."

Is he a qualified coach, no, but I think he also gets unfairly vilified in certain situations, and there is definitely some revisionist history going on regarding his early coaching resume.
That's fair. His resume indeed wasn't a failure pre-Chiefs. '06 was a veteren-laden squad that could basically coach itself. It might have even been better off that way.

DaWolf
10-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Oh, JFC.

I think Gruden is a good coach who needs someone to reign him in when it comes to personnel. That was what the key problem was in Tampa IMO, he had too much influence over the personnel, and Bruce Allen wasn't a strong enough GM to hold him in check. But I think if you pair him with a strong personnel guy, he's got enough bark to keep the GM honest and vice versa. And he's still the only guy who has managed to do anything with the disaster that is Oakland.

Rat and Chin, I don't think would be a good fit, because they want all the decision making.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying Gruden is my dream coach, or that I would under no circumstances want Rat or Chin here, I'm just basing it on the existing dynamics of this organization, and based on those big three and Pioli being here and age, I think Gruden would be the best fit of the three.

Then again, he would kill any hope of ever developing a QBOTF... :)

SAUTO
10-29-2009, 02:53 PM
That's fair. His resume indeed wasn't a failure pre-Chiefs. '06 was a veteren-laden squad that could basically coach itself. It might have even been better off that way.

his resume wasnt too good when he was in NY either, they were ready to get rid of him there

milkman
10-29-2009, 03:10 PM

Well hell.

The deal must already be done.

Reaper16
10-29-2009, 03:25 PM
his resume wasnt too good when he was in NY either, they were ready to get rid of him there
Yes, and the same can be said about many NFL coaches.

LaChapelle
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
The media tea leaves have Gruden going to Washington and Fisher is who JJ has a hard on for. Maybe Shanahan to Tennessee.

BossChief
10-29-2009, 03:36 PM

His resume, pre-Chiefs, was not indicative of a "complete and total failure." That's all. It's a fine point. And I don't believe the '06 season substantiated "complete and total fail."

Is he a qualified coach? No, but I think he also gets unfairly vilified in certain situations, and there is definitely some revisionist history going on regarding his early coaching resume.

***warning put on your Hermmuffs:

Herm ran us into the ground, but one cant ignore the fact that he made the playoffs every year that his opening day starting qb stayed healthy for at least 11 games.

Id say the fail that is the 2007-current Chiefs is 1/3 Herm 2/3 CP

Herm inherited the oldest team in the NFL and left it the youngest, two years later. You cant expect superbowl in that scenario.

The problem is, 2 wins out of....how many games ( I have that # mentally blocked) is not good no matter who is on the roster.

I think everyone is glad that era is over and next year we will know if we are headed up or down. It hurts to watch the games right now though.

Herm is like the hobo from the country song "Ive had my moments" but ends up a bum.

BossChief
10-29-2009, 03:44 PM

Im gonna catch hell here I can feel it, but Herm had that team ready to get on the plane to the afc championship game if his kicker didnt miss three makeable kicks to lose the game. The next year he goes through like three qbs and they only win 4 games. People forget that his qb (Pennington) went on to Miami and completely turned that team around when he came here. They wanted to play Croyle at the time, or else Pennington would have came here...he told us he wanted to start.

there Im done.

SAUTO
10-29-2009, 03:54 PM

Im gonna catch hell here I can feel it, but Herm had that team ready to get on the plane to the afc championship game if his kicker didnt miss three makeable kicks to lose the game. The next year he goes through like three qbs and they only win 4 games. People forget that his qb (Pennington) went on to Miami and completely turned that team around when he came here. They wanted to play Croyle at the time, or else Pennington would have came here...he told us he wanted to start.

there Im done.

herm had problems getting Qbs hurt in NY, time management was a HUGE issue, once he began to get HIS guys in there the winning stopped. then he left. i would love to see how NY would have played out for him in hindsight, i bet they would have been in our exact same situation