PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink KC Style Rib Recipe

Chiefs=Champions
10-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Looking to try that famous Kansas City rib style.

So recently gotten into ribs and have tried a few recipes so far. My main one is a Memphis Style Rub with a orange and ketchup flavored mop. However theres no way i could be a Chiefs Planet member and not ask you 'kings of barbeque' for a recipe right?

So any of the CP resident chefs have any sure fire awesome recipes they’re willing to share?

Will reward with Rep!

Cheers!

big nasty kcnut
10-30-2009, 05:56 AM
HERE two 1/2 cup brown sugar1/4 cup paprika1 tablespoon black pepper1 tablespoon salt1 tablespoon chili powder1 tablespoon garlic powder1 tablespoon onion powder1 teaspoon cayenne

Classic Rub for Chicken (Add some Cumin to this and it makes great Fajitas)1/4 cup brown sugar1/4 cup paprika1 tablespoon Thyme1 tablespoon black pepper1 tablespoon salt1 tablespoon chili powder1 tablespoon garlic powder1 tablespoon onion powder1 teaspoon cayenne

HERE more 1/4 cup Chili powder1/4 cup finely ground coffee2tbs brown sugar2tbs smoked paprika1tbs dry mustard1tbs pepper1tsp salt1tbs oregeno

big nasty kcnut
10-30-2009, 05:59 AM
Try search those three were rub for bbq.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Boil them [/Demonpenz]

Monty
10-30-2009, 09:10 AM
I cheat big time for mine. I buy the JackStack rub and sauce when I'm up in KC and use that on my ribs using my smoker at home. It's just as good as the real thing. My kids love it and my daughter's BD is a week from Sunday....so she's requested the ribs for her BD dinner. :thumb:

HonestChieffan
10-30-2009, 09:22 AM
I aint eating no ribs with orange in the sauce.

Inspector
10-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Lots of rub recipes on the innernet. One thing - try to use a smoker. Some folks remove the membrane off of them too. Then when they are done, throw 'em on the grill for some extra browning and top it off with some great sauce - I use Gates.

If you are close to Townsville, you can check with my sister who lives there. She usually picks up Gates sauce when she comes back for visits.

G'day mate! No worries.

(She told me there's not any good BBQ where she's at. Gotta do your own...)

Demonpenz
10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Everyone always talks about how good KC ribs are, but they are always tough. The way I make them at my house they are tender and fall off the bone. Boil them throw them on the grill, put your favorite sauce on there. Fall off the bone bbq

HemiEd
10-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Boil them [/Demonpenz]

Everyone always talks about how good KC ribs are, but they are always tough. The way I make them at my house they are tender and fall off the bone. Boil them throw them on the grill, put your favorite sauce on there. Fall off the bone bbq

FMB knows his shit!:)

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2009, 11:34 AM
They're even better if you cook them near cast iron. Even a cast iron aura makes things taste better.

FYP.

underEJ
10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I like to score the ribs and give them a little rinse with some apple cider vinegar before the rub. really sets the flavors of the rub off on a clean crisp base.

HemiEd
10-30-2009, 12:12 PM
FYP.

ROFL I have never smoked ribs and had them turn out tough. But I must admit, some that I purchased at Rosedales one time, were tough.

I have had ribs around here that were obviously boiled, they were tender, but had no flavor.

Pablo
10-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Standard KC Rib rub: Great value Ketchup, lots of black pepper, garlic powder, Williams chili seasoning, and Lawry's seasoned salt. Microwave for the best results.

Q of the Gods.

Chiefs=Champions
10-30-2009, 07:03 PM
I cheat big time for mine. I buy the JackStack rub and sauce when I'm up in KC and use that on my ribs using my smoker at home. It's just as good as the real thing. My kids love it and my daughter's BD is a week from Sunday....so she's requested the ribs for her BD dinner. :thumb:

Hmm i wish i could do that.. but ill have to make my own.. Yer sounds like something id love. I need to invest in a smoker i rekon.. Cheers! :thumb:

Chiefs=Champions
10-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Lots of rub recipes on the innernet. One thing - try to use a smoker. Some folks remove the membrane off of them too. Then when they are done, throw 'em on the grill for some extra browning and top it off with some great sauce - I use Gates.

If you are close to Townsville, you can check with my sister who lives there. She usually picks up Gates sauce when she comes back for visits.

G'day mate! No worries.

(She told me there's not any good BBQ where she's at. Gotta do your own...)

Yer i think i will try and get a smoker, seems like most people swear by them.. Heh na afraid im right down south and shes near the top in queensland... Thanks though mate :thumb:

Chiefs=Champions
10-30-2009, 07:07 PM

Interesting. i normally just wack them in the oven for a few hours then throw em on the grill. Boom, great ribs..

Chiefs=Champions
10-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I like to score the ribs and give them a little rinse with some apple cider vinegar before the rub. really sets the flavors of the rub off on a clean crisp base.

yer iv been using cider vinegar in my recipe... :thumb:

chris
10-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Great Rub Receipe

KC Spicy Rib Rub
Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup paprika
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon cayenne
Mix thoroughly. Store in airtight container.

Smoke Dry.

User can cool down with different types of sauce. I prefer Gates Hot; others may use sweet sauce to cool down hotness.