PDA

View Full Version : Football B.J Sams

MMXcalibur
10-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I was watching the UFL last night (why? I have no idea....) and discovered our once stellar return man B.J Sams is on the California Redwoods team. Just for shits and giggles, I wiki'd him to see if anyone had picked him up in the NFL after the Chiefs dumped his ass.

Well...turns out no....but here's something...

Bradley Jamar "B. J." Sams (born October 29, 1980 in New Orleans, Louisiana) is an American football wide receiver for the California Redwoods of the United Football League. He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2004. He played college football at McNeese State. He has the lowest overall rating for any player in the video game Madden NFL 2010.

Sams has also played for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Contents [hide]
1 Early years
2 Professional career
2.1 Baltimore Ravens
2.2 Kansas City Chiefs
2.3 California Redwoods
3 References
4 External links

[edit] Early years
Sams attended Mandeville High School in Mandeville, Louisiana. He won All-State honors and was named the District MVP in football.

[edit] Professional career
[edit] Baltimore Ravens
Sams suffered a broken leg against the Cincinnati Bengals and missed the remainder of Baltimore's 2007 season[1].

[edit] Kansas City Chiefs
On April 9, 2008, Sams signed a one-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs. He was released four games into the regular season on October 1 after the team signed wide receiver Mark Bradley.

[edit] California Redwoods
Sams was drafted by the California Redwoods of the United Football League in the UFL Premiere Season Draft in 2009. He signed with the team on August 18.[2]

...and no, you cannot have your 3 minutes back. :)

Buck
10-30-2009, 10:24 AM
It only took me 30 seconds to read that.

Red Beans
10-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Interesting that he played college ball at the same school as the guy we drafted to hopefully develop into a kick returner...Quinten Lawrence. I hope this is not a premenition of things to come.