PDA

View Full Version : Music War of the World's Tribute

irishjayhawk
10-30-2009, 01:47 PM
http://waroftheworldstribute.com/

Forgot to post this a couple days ago when I first saw it but it's tonight. 7 Central.

To the minute broadcast of the original program.

Mojo Jojo
10-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the post.

Demonpenz
10-30-2009, 02:43 PM
move or radio?

Dave Lane
10-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Umm that would be radio and 1938. Funny thing is people freaked out. Not everywhere but lots of "folks" got their guns out to fight off the martians.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Umm that would be radio and 1938. Funny thing is people freaked out. Not everywhere but lots of "folks" got their guns out to fight off the martians.

with good reason. It was a simpler time, people did not have the exposure to media as we do today. Hoaxes and fake "reality" like Blair Witch had never been heard of. Worse yet, th vast majority of people had very few options for information...they couldn't tune to CNN, most had a radio, none had tv, and many with radios were lucky to get 2 or 3 stations.

Pioli Zombie
10-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Orson Welles was a friggin genius. To make Citizen Kane at that age was amazing.
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
10-30-2009, 09:00 PM

My grandmother told me about it when I was a boy. She was 17 when it was broadcast, living in the Smokey Mountains. Said it scared the hell out of everyone. I'm sure it did.

On the other hand, I never could tell when grandma was telling the truth. She always liked a good story. But that's ok, cause it was my favorite thing about her.

All of a sudden I miss my grandma.....thanks a lot, irishjayhawk.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
My grandmother told me about it when I was a boy. She was 17 when it was broadcast, living in the Smokey Mountains. Said it scared the hell out of everyone. I'm sure it did.

On the other hand, I never could tell when grandma was telling the truth. She always liked a good story. But that's ok, cause it was my favorite thing about her.

All of a sudden I miss my grandma.....thanks a lot, irishjayhawk.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm going home next week to see my 84 year grandmother because of the birthday card she sent me last week.

RJ
10-30-2009, 09:39 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I'm going home next week to see my 84 year grandmother because of the birthday card she sent me last week.

And you damn well ought to (go home, that is). My grandma was 84 when she died.

Nice of her to send you the card.

Give her extra hugs, folks that age you can't know if you'll see them again.

Dallas Chief
10-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Count your blessings man. I lost mine 4 years ago. She was a nut about Christmas and would go all out to decorate their house all the way up until her last year. I seriously thought she was Mrs. Claus until I was old enough to know better. The holidays have been rough for me ever since. Cheers to you and your Grandma. Rep to you for making time for her...
Posted via Mobile Device