PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Cliff Lee - World Series Scenario

Hootie
11-02-2009, 08:50 PM
The Phillies are down 3-1 in the series...

Cliff Lee is awesome.

So...they take a 6-1 lead after 3 innings. Why not take a risk...be smart...PULL Lee after 3 innings...put in Happ...and see if they can keep Lee fresh for a potential game 7?

I know the Yankees are explosive...and I know that doing that would have a potential HUGE backlash if the Yankees came back and won...

But assuming they take it to 3-2...if Pedro can pull it out in game 6...who's betting on the Yankees to beat Cliff Lee in game 7?

Buck
11-02-2009, 08:51 PM
C.C. Sabathia is a pretty good pitcher man.

Hootie
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm not saying he isn't...

But I can't see any scenario where Cole Hamels beats C.C. in game 7...Hamels has looked like ballsack all year long.

Hootie
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
this is something only Tony LaRussa would try...no one else has the balls to do it.

Pioli Zombie
11-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Not 6-1. If it was 11-1. The Yankees can score 5 runs pretty quick.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2009, 09:17 PM
The Phillies are down 3-1 in the series...

Cliff Lee is awesome.

So...they take a 6-1 lead after 3 innings. Why not take a risk...be smart...PULL Lee after 3 innings...put in Happ...and see if they can keep Lee fresh for a potential game 7?

I know the Yankees are explosive...and I know that doing that would have a potential HUGE backlash if the Yankees came back and won...

But assuming they take it to 3-2...if Pedro can pull it out in game 6...who's betting on the Yankees to beat Cliff Lee in game 7?

1) he's never done it before in his career.
2) you have to win today before you worry about tomorrow

Lots of reasons why. I wonder, though, if Manuel regrets not putting him out there on three days rest, though, last game.

Kyle DeLexus
11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
No. If you were going to pitch Cliff Lee on short rest you do it yesterday when he had 4 days rest and then another 4 days.

Mecca
11-02-2009, 09:20 PM
They wouldn't do this just because if they were they'd have pitched him yesterday and the Phillies bullpen is awful.

Pioli Zombie
11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
There was a similar debate in the 1998 Divison Series Indians-Red Sox. Indians were up 2-1. Pedro Martinez was available to pitch Game 4 on short rest. But Jimy Williams. Went with Pete Shourek at home figuring he had a better shot winning with Shourek at home Pedro winning the deciding game 5 at Cleveland than Pedro winning Game 4 and Brett Saberhagen or Tim Wakefield winning Game 5. Damn near worked too. Shourek pitched the game of his life and left leading 1-0 before Tom Gordon blew his first save of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Gotta win the game you're in. You want to trust your bullpen to hold the Yankees for 6 innings?

There's a reason why relief pitchers aren't starters.

The Bad Guy
11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
So you tax your bullpen to win this game and then what tomorrow when Pedro goes? There is no way Pedro is going 7 innings.

Hootie
11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Gotta win the game you're in. You want to trust your bullpen to hold the Yankees for 6 innings?

There's a reason why relief pitchers aren't starters.
Just something I'd consider...I'm still baffled about not starting him on 4 days rest. So dumb.

Consistent1
11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Top of the ninth....one on....no outs. The bullpen would have blown this sucka for shizzle...they aint out of the woods yet anyway. Another hit with no outs for Yanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
11-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Happ should have started game 4 instead of Blanton. Happ is not a bullpen guy, he's a legit starter. He's just a rookie. He had a great season, possibly ROY

Dylan
11-03-2009, 01:03 AM
The Yankees are the underdogs... LMAO

ya'll got figured out ... lol

You should all go to s Philly game --

Just don't wear your colors -- in fact, you better wear Philadelphia's colors or you'll never make it out of the stadium alive --

Don't let them see your license plates -- you won't make it to the stadium

The town will be shipping body parts home in a tiny plastic bag.

They'll kill you for shirt and sneakers LMAO

Read up on their victims ... May they RIP

ok... gotta go to bed.

And to all a good nite ~

Hootie
11-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Dylan...where did anyone say the Yankees were underdogs?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-03-2009, 01:23 AM
You can already have him for 2-3 innings in Game 7, anyway. He's going to need just as much rest after leaving after 3 innings (given warmup tosses before the game and between innings) as he would otherwise.

Once they started him tonight, there was no going back. Pulling him is the worst thing you could do.

Hootie
11-03-2009, 01:28 AM
I am really pulling for a game 7...make it interesting for once...I'd love to see the Yankees lose in 7...that would make my year.

Dylan
11-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Dylan...where did anyone say the Yankees were underdogs?

I was skimming... i thought I'd throw it in i gotta go to bed :D

kcxiv
11-03-2009, 05:34 AM
The Yankees are the underdogs... LMAO

ya'll got figured out ... lol

You should all go to s Philly game --

Just don't wear your colors -- in fact, you better wear Philadelphia's colors or you'll never make it out of the stadium alive --

Don't let them see your license plates -- you won't make it to the stadium

The town will be shipping body parts home in a tiny plastic bag.

They'll kill you for shirt and sneakers LMAO

Read up on their victims ... May they RIP

ok... gotta go to bed.

And to all a good nite ~Hehe, Fans do get out of hand at times. I been to KC/OAK games and i have had shit thrown at me, but i aint no bitch and i throw shit back, i also had about 5 of my friends with me, so i didnt have to fear 10 guys jumping me. lol

One year i went, i see a Chiefs fan carried out on a stretcher inside the stadium after a game. He got his freaking ass beat. I didnt see the fight, i would have broke it up, but i just seen the aftermath dudes face was pretty messed up.

People are stupid when they get some beer in them.

PhillyChiefFan
11-03-2009, 06:14 AM
I went to Heinz Field decked out in Chiefs gear...good LORD...I thought we were gonna die.

Dylan
11-03-2009, 12:15 PM
LMAO too funny...

and .... how sad, kcxiv http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/frwn.gif