PDA

View Full Version : Misc DO NOT respond to a text message from Kaw Valley State Bank!!!

Kylo Ren
11-03-2009, 11:05 AM
My wife and I both recieved a text message from Kaw Valley State Bank saying that our ATM card had been suspended and we urgently needed to call a specific #800 to reactivate our account.

I don't bank at KVSB, but my bank has a similar name. I called the #800 and you get a recorded message that says "to reactivate your ATM card, please enter your 10 digit ATM card number". That's all it says. I knew this was a scam. I called my bank and they were aware of it and said it's effecting people and banks all over the KC area.

So I called my wife to make sure she didn't call that #800. Then, I called KVSB. They are a small bank in Eudora. Their manager said they are being flooded with calls. Apparently, Sprint cell phone customers are the target. That's been the common denominator. They called the FBI and were told that if this were an internet crime, they could do something. But they can't do anything since it's only a text crime. They then called the local media and the media showed little interest. So, KVSB is now trying to reach Sprint. They figure if Sprint would contact the media, the media would listen to them.

This crap has got to stop!!!! :cuss: I'm going to report it to the FBI, KBI, KC police and/or the media myself.

FYI ---

........ a Mod might sticky this.

Demonpenz
11-03-2009, 11:08 AM
i went and tried to get money from an atm when it worked i didn't follow through

L.A. Chieffan
11-03-2009, 11:10 AM
whats your cell phone #?

Gonzo
11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I have 5 million bucks coming to me from a guy named Ali click-click Dugu over in Kenya if you need a loan.

Bwana
11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh bullshit! Next you'll be telling us the Nigerian emails are fake!

Where does it end!!

PhillyChiefFan
11-03-2009, 11:19 AM

Where does it end!!

If you can't trust the Nigerians, then who can you trust?

BigRedChief
11-03-2009, 11:22 AM
If you don't know about phishing by now, you are way undereducated.

Bowser
11-03-2009, 11:34 AM
The best part is when you realized you didn't even bank there, but yet still called the number to check your account.

Kylo Ren
11-03-2009, 11:48 AM
The best part is when you realized you didn't even bank there, but yet still called the number to check your account. The name of my bank is very close and I wanted to make sure they weren't associated with each other or maybe my bank changed it's name. But, I assumed it was a scam and called the number to see what the message was. If someone answered I was going to try to ask a bunch of questions and gather information. I don't fall for these types of things, but I know people who have. These criminals need to be hunted down and jailed. :mad:

kstater
11-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah, everyone knows you're supposed to respond only to emails from your bank, not text messages.

seclark
11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
These criminals need to be hunted down and jailed. :mad:

just chase them down on your horse and spit in their eye.
sec

88TG88
11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Did you text them back and ask them what politcal party theyre affiliated with ?

The Franchise
11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Did you text them back and ask them what politcal party theyre affiliated with ?

ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-03-2009, 12:46 PM
SNITCH !

NY CHIEF
11-03-2009, 12:47 PM

Where does it end!!

ROFL

Kylo Ren
11-03-2009, 02:16 PM
just chase them down on your horse and spit in their eye.
sec I don't think spitting in their eye will do any good.

wild1
11-03-2009, 02:17 PM
it should be easy for the law to find these master thieves, by calling the number the text messages gave.