PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I have been watching JAX game highlights on NFL.com

bowener
11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
and they look quite possibly as slow as the Chiefs do.

Can anyone who has observed some of their games confirm this? I mean, excluding MJD, it doesn't look like they have a burner on O, and their D looks about as sluggish as the Chiefs.

I hope that is the case, maybe that will help Jamal Charles have a break out game... obviously I am not expecting anything like Chris Johnson's 228 yards rushing (currently averaging 6.9 ypr), but 100 yards and a FUCKING rushing TD would be amazing at this point in the season.

:cuss:

Fun stat for the day:

There are currently 19 Quarterbacks who have more rushing TD's than any Chiefs offensive player (not to mention POS players like TO).

Sure-Oz
11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I expect Sims-Walker and Jones-Drew to have a fine day

cdirty
11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Yea, i can see MJD having the game of his life.

Sure-Oz
11-03-2009, 01:16 PM
If the jags HC was smart he'd give it to him more than 9 times.

bowener
11-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Yea, i can see MJD having the game of his life.

Possibly. My hope is that the Chiefs can at least stuff the run all day, but of course, the Chiefs will allow 2 60+ yard runs somewhere during the course of this contest. Most likely one on the first drive of the game.

BigVE
11-03-2009, 01:17 PM
If the jags HC was smart he'd give it to him more than 90 times.

FYP....MJD will rip us a new one....ANOTHER new one.

dallaschiefsfan
11-03-2009, 01:19 PM
SOMEBODY is going to look like an All-Pro on Sunday. Every fantasy player's weekly routine should be to see which guy from the Chiefs' opponent will most likely put up gaudy numbers this week. It's probably MJD...so no luck for those looking for a Miles Austin type.

MichaelH
11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I refuse to comment. Every time I say the opposing team is as bad as the Chiefs, they have a career day on game day.

Sure-Oz
11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I have both sims walker and mjd starting sunday vs us...we will get lit up either way

hopefully we can atleast show something against their dogshit defense

bowener
11-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I refuse to comment. Every time I say the opposing team is as bad as the Chiefs, they have a career day on game day.

Hey, to be fair I never said we were going to win or have a chance, just that Charles may be fast enough to make some plays... hopefully.

dallaschiefsfan
11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Hey, to be fair I never said we were going to win or have a chance, just that Charles may be fast enough to make some plays... hopefully.

Well...one of my teams has Charles playing due to Adrian Peterson's bye week :cuss: so I'm hoping Charles gets fed the ball early and often...especially in the passing game where he should be getting more screens so as to use his speed and make plays.

Demonpenz
11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I think haley and the d dial something up this weekend. GIVE US SOME DERRICK JOHNSON he has been off the field enough. Turn him loose. do something with him, hell put him a free saftey.

dallaschiefsfan
11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I think haley and the d dial something up this weekend. GIVE US SOME DERRICK JOHNSON he has been off the field enough. Turn him loose. do something with him, hell put him a free saftey.

What? So he can give us one or two plays for every 10 plays he leaves his assignment and we get burned?

tyler360
11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I havent really watched jacksonville at all this year but from what i have seen in the past from MJD and what he has done last year i expect him to get quite a few yards. I am thinking in the 150 to 200 range as slow as our d is. I was reading somewhere though that it was the qb garrard changing the plays at the line from run to pass. Del Rio took those privleges away so i expect to see plenty of carries for him this week.

Chief Faithful
11-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I expect Sims-Walker and Jones-Drew to have a fine day

If Jones-Drew breaks tackles like he did against the Titans he could record another 200+ yard effort.

stormtrooper
11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
You know someone whos been slumping for them will have carrer stats sunday

bowener
11-03-2009, 01:42 PM
You know someone whos been slumping for them will have carrer stats sunday

Their whole team? Fuck.

Demonpenz
11-03-2009, 01:47 PM
What? So he can give us one or two plays for every 10 plays he leaves his assignment and we get burned?

hell yeah 2 more plays than we get already!

DaWolf
11-03-2009, 01:52 PM
They have 5 sacks so far. That number should double after sunday...

MahiMike
11-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Actually, the Chiefs may have a chance here if you follow the logic of the Jags. Since I live here and used to be a season ticket holder, I know a thing or 2 about them. One thing I know is that they suck on the road and are always an up and down team. Under Del Rio, they're schizophrenic. On one hand, you could say that they'll win this one on their typical yo-yo season. However, due to the fact they only gave MJD 8 carries last week, you can bet they'll try 20 plus carries with him this week. I actually think this plays into KC's hands here. If KC can stack the box against him and force Garrard to throw often, he can be rattled. I see a pick 6 for the Chiefs this week. Also, the Jags are 31st against the pass and have about as horrible a pass rush as the Chiefs. Combine this with Charles' ability to catch the swing pass and I see Cassel having a big day. May turn into a shootout with the final score around 30-27.

My son and I will be at the game. I'll take my tweeter machine with me to keep you guys informed.

Spott
11-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I have seen them play every game and I don't know if they are slower, but the Chiefs inability to pressure the QB definitely helps Garrard who is just an average QB. MJD has had some big plays, but for the most part the Jags run blocking hasn't been there for most of the season. Their pass defense is just about as bad as KC's. They don't put a lot of pressure on the QB either and teams can usually nickel and dime them to death with the short passing game. I'll be at the game hoping for us to win but I'm expecting to get beat something like 31-13.

Marcellus
11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
FYP....MJD will rip us a new one....ANOTHER new one.

Not saying he wont have a good game but the most rushing yards we have given up to one player is 109 to Portis and he got about 75 of that on one run.

Ray Rice got 108.

Garrard is more likely to have a big day.