PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Anyone watch the Thunder vs. Lakers game last night?

58-4ever
11-04-2009, 09:33 AM
A few observations:

1. NBA officials are the most corrupt group in sports. Mark Cuban is crazy, but I felt a bit of empathy for him last night.

2. The Thunder are going to be a GREAT team in years to come. However, if they don't get an inside presence soon, that won't be this year or the next....

3. Russell Westbrook is the real deal. Remember the name, as he will be a premier name across the league at the end of the year.

that is all... I know most of you could give a shit less about the NBA, but I needed to vent. thanks. :evil:

Rain Man
11-04-2009, 09:35 AM
What's a Thunder? Is that a new team or something?

58-4ever
11-04-2009, 09:37 AM
What's a Thunder? Is that a new team or something?

It was formerly a Sonic, but in anticipation of the end of the Mayan calender ending, it evolved.

Cosmos
11-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Referees were absolutely terrible last nite.

Rain Man
11-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Ah, I didn't know that.

I just looked them up. Oklahoma City has an NBA team? When did this happen? I'm in awe.

-King-
11-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Refs sucked. Kobe shouldn't have had anywhere near 5 fouls. Thunder are getting better though. Fuck them though for going to okc instead of kc.

Odom airballed a free throw. I was in tears laughing.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2009, 09:43 AM
actually the refs have been bad pretty much every laker game so far. i agree okc will be a good team eventually but scotty brooks is brutal. kevin durant will be a beast once he learns not to shoot 3s every time down the court

Brock
11-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Ah, I didn't know that.

I just looked them up. Oklahoma City has an NBA team? When did this happen? I'm in awe.

Isn't that crazy? It's like Jacksonville having an NFL team.

dirk digler
11-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Yep I watched it and it was a great game. I didn't think the officials were that bad they let them play. Kobe was definitely getting frustrated because he wasn't getting his usual ticky tack fouls.

wild1
11-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Ah, I didn't know that.

Oklahoma City matches well with places like Orlando, Portland, Salt Lake City, Sacramento I suppose.

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2009, 09:49 AM
actually the game was horrid. im happy the lakers won but it looked like a preseason game. airball freethrows, airball 3's, just sloppy sloppy all around. Lakers better pull their heads out their asses or houston will surprise them

Rain Man
11-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Isn't that crazy? It's like Jacksonville having an NFL team.

Jacksonville has an NFL team? Well, this is getting weird now. Next you'll tell me that Kansas City has a baseball team.

58-4ever
11-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Ah, I didn't know that.

Last year was the first year. Started abysmal, but ended the year strong. I'm excited. This is a good, young team that has been built the right way.

58-4ever
11-04-2009, 09:52 AM
actually the game was horrid. im happy the lakers won but it looked like a preseason game. airball freethrows, airball 3's, just sloppy sloppy all around. Lakers better pull their heads out their asses or houston will surprise them

Yeah, the Thunder missed quite a few opportunities as well. As mentioned, Durant needs to start taking it to the rack to cement victories when you have a great team on the ropes.

BossChief
11-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Glad Im not the only one, I never even heard of the thunder

I only watch playoff basketball and occasionally a top matchup.

58-4ever
11-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Glad Im not the only one, I never even heard of the thunder

I only watch playoff basketball and occasionally a top matchup.

You have a defense, you live in Iowa.... I'm surprised you have internet connection. (bracing myself for the assault about Oklahoma) :D

PunkinDrublic
11-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah because Kobe never get's the star treatment type fouls in the poststeason:rolleyes:

Mr. Arrowhead
11-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Im a mavs fan, but i have adopted the thunder as my 2nd team since they are techically my local team (only 2 hours from Wichita). I think the Thunder will be a 7 or 8 seed in the West. I really love the way they play defense.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-04-2009, 10:05 AM

actually i have watched a couple thunder game so far this season and that is just the way they play, they play rough N tough defense, and they just bull dog their way through the game, not pretty, but so far for them it has been effective.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah because Kobe never get's the star treatment type fouls in the poststeason:rolleyes:

no shit, Kobe cries way too much, people try to compare him to Jordan, but Jordan never complained half as of much as Kobe does in a game.

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2009, 10:16 AM
oh jesus, another kobe vs. michael shit fest.....

DJ's left nut
11-04-2009, 10:17 AM
no shit, Kobe cries way too much, people try to compare him to Jordan, but Jordan never complained half as of much as Kobe does in a game.

Ugh.

Yes he did.

It's amazing what time (and a general disdain for Bryant) has done to Jordan's legacy.

That dude was the biggest ball-hogging whiner the league had seen to that point. Nevermind the fact that he was easily harder on his teammates than Kobe (afterall, Kobe never swung at one).

Jordan's the GOAT, IMO, but lets not make him out to be some saint. He was a churlish prick that just so happened to be an excellent ballplayer.

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Ugh.

Yes he did.

It's amazing what time (and a general disdain for Bryant) has done to Jordan's legacy.

That dude was the biggest ball-hogging whiner the league had seen to that point. Nevermind the fact that he was easily harder on his tehttp://chiefsplanet.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6232579ammates than Kobe (afterall, Kobe never swung at one).

Jordan's the GOAT, IMO, but lets not make him out to be some saint. He was a churlish prick that just so happened to be an excellent ballplayer.

his hof speech was pure vitriol and nobody even blinked. hilarious