PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Superflea? Anyone ever been?

SLAG
11-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Has anyone ever been to Super Flea?

Heard about it from a buddy and was thinking of going to go check it out

I figured I would Poll the ChiefsPlanet Electorate to see what the scoop is

Baby Lee
11-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Used to go occasionally 10 years or so ago, but it got to be more liquidators selling expired and Chinese stuff at slight discount than a more traditional flea market.

SLAG
11-07-2009, 09:55 AM
This article from Pitch Makes it sound promising though:

http://www.pitch.com/bestof/2008/award/best-thrift-store-732841/

Super Flea isn't your typical thrift store. As the name suggests, it's more of a giant, vendor-filled bazaar housed in an ancient warehouse. Gaining entrance to Super Flea is a bit of a strange process. The last time we went trolling for cheap finds there, a wheezy woman hooked up to an oxygen tank slid our 50-cent entrance fee through a tiny window and then herded us through the door. But once you're in, you're in. And Super Flea is a penny pincher's delight. With vendors scattered throughout, the place is a maze of deals, steals, oddities and even fresh fruit. You can find most anything there, including clothing, pet supplies, CDs, DVDs, long-lost VHS tapes (Dream a Little Dream or Ishtar, anyone?), furniture, knickknacks, vitamins, cheap perfume, tapestries, power tools and good old-fashioned water and tobacco pipes. It's a sifter's dream.

Baby Lee
11-07-2009, 10:02 AM
This article from Pitch Makes it sound promising though:

http://www.pitch.com/bestof/2008/award/best-thrift-store-732841/

You ever been to the 63rd street Drive In Swap meet? It's kind of like that, but with more 'pros' and less 'garage sale-ers'

That said, it's 'Like a Bachs Oh Chok-lits.'

No telling when you're gonna run into that guy who just wants to get rid of that router table you've been eying at Sears for a fortnight, and you get it for a song.

SAUTO
11-07-2009, 10:09 AM
we hit it up most times we come to KC. you never know what you will find.

Redrum_69
11-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Has anyone ever been to Super Flea?

Heard about it from a buddy and was thinking of going to go check it out

I figured I would Poll the ChiefsPlanet Electorate to see what the scoop is

Your mom is like a Super Flea....when you open her doors her nooks and crannies are filled with things that are older than dirt, sometimes she'll charge just to take a peek but most of the time shes free to get in, and while you are there if she breaks something inside her she'll cry but if you break something inside her you'll buy.

SLAG
11-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Your mom is like a Super Flea....when you open her doors her nooks and crannies are filled with things that are older than dirt, sometimes she'll charge just to take a peek but most of the time shes free to get in, and while you are there if she breaks something inside her she'll cry but if you break something inside her you'll buy.

6/10

Not your best work but brought a smirk to my face

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-07-2009, 01:16 PM
You've never been to a true flea market until you've been to Rutledge, Missouri.

redsurfer11
11-07-2009, 01:21 PM
SuperFlea. Former Chief Noland Smith's name in the Movie "M.A.S.H."

kcfanXIII
11-07-2009, 02:41 PM
i've been a couple of times. gotta get there early in the am. most of the "venders" close up shop around noon.

seclark
11-07-2009, 02:50 PM
You've never been to a true flea market until you've been to Rutledge, Missouri.

anything and everything at rutledge...if it's worth a shit, it's probably stolen.
sec