PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pollard didnt like being cursed out.

chiefforlife
11-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Bernard Pollard didn't like Chiefs' coaches' cursing
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 8, 2009 9:17 AM ET
Texans safety Bernard Pollard started all 16 games for the Chiefs in 2008, but he ended up in Houston after Kansas City cut him just before the start of the 2009 season.

Pollard describes getting cut by the Chiefs as a shock, but he says he thinks he knows what the problem was: He wouldn't put up with new coach Todd Haley and his staff cursing him out.

"With professional athletes, you're dealing with grown men. You're not dealing with boys," Pollard tells the Journal Gazette. "You're not in a locker room with sophomores in high school. You're dealing with grown men with families. I have a wife. I have a son. And I have a daughter on the way. I'm not going to sit there and let you curse me out when you feel like cursing me out or talk to me any way you want to talk to me, and you just want me to sit and take it and say, 'Yes, coach.'"

As ArrowheadPride.com notes, Pollard had a shouting match with Chiefs defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast during training camp, leading to Pollard being sent off the field. Apparently that was not just one isolated incident.

But from Pollard's perspective, it's all worked out. Now he's a starter in Houston.

"I respect others because that's what I want in return," Pollard says. "It was shocking to get let go, but I'm a Texan, and I'm happy to be one."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/08/bernard-pollard-didnt-like-chiefs-coaches-cursing/

Terribilis
11-08-2009, 08:42 AM
I don't understand, was he okay with gunther?

ILChief
11-08-2009, 08:43 AM
I didn't like Pollard constantly being out of position and his horrible tackling technique.

LaChapelle
11-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Pollard pretty pretty please wrap up/Gunther

DeezNutz
11-08-2009, 09:06 AM
If you aren't yelling, you aren't trying.

redsurfer11
11-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I didn't like Pollard constantly being out of position and his horrible tackling technique.

Next time we play the Texans. GO LONG.

milkman
11-08-2009, 09:21 AM

So, do you like Mike Brown constantly being out of position and taking terrible angles?

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2009, 09:24 AM
:deevee:

Mr. Arrowhead
11-08-2009, 09:25 AM
o poor poor guy, he gets play in the NFL and he gets to be cursed at, dam i feel so sorry for him

wild1
11-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Well, then he would have been really upset to be in my living room every Sunday, while I was watching him miss tackles and blow coverages left and right.

LaChapelle
11-08-2009, 09:28 AM
He can put on his leotard and practice his dance steps in peace now.

CoMoChief
11-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I can understand what he means about being a grown man and being treated like a high schooler.

Having that said his technique was poor and he needed work....he's getting paid millions to play a game, he should sack up and take it like a man would.

Ebolapox
11-08-2009, 09:31 AM
stop being a fucking pussy then.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-08-2009, 09:52 AM
...damn those golfers...bunch of hard asses...

InChiefsHeaven
11-08-2009, 09:53 AM
So how is he doing for the Texans...

stevieray
11-08-2009, 09:54 AM
thank you ESPN..you've convinced the players they are bigger than the game.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting all the responses criticizing Haley for this.

I'm also growing tired of these professional athletes that think they are above the game. I'm sure Deacon Jones got his ass ripped in practice, but he didn't turn into a huge pussy and cry about it.

It's really becoming a joke anymore.

Football is becoming so pussified that I can't imagine it sustaining it's national appeal for a long time.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
"I respect others because that's what I want in return," Pollard says. "It was shocking to get let go, but I'm a Texan, and I'm happy to be one."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/08/bernard-pollard-didnt-like-chiefs-coaches-cursing/

I love how it's not respect if you get your ass chewed out. If I screw up at my job, my principal will chew my ass out. That doesn't mean there is a disrepect going on.

I just give up already.

I'm glad you are a Texan too Bernard. I'm sure Peyton Manning will be as well in about 2 hours when the whole middle of the field is wide open.

Bwana
11-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Wow, sandy much?

http://yogibrewer.mlblogs.com/cry%20baby.jpg

morphius
11-08-2009, 10:10 AM
In other words, he really believed that Herm's approach was really working, lmao.

SAUTO
11-08-2009, 10:17 AM
I love how it's not respect if you get your ass chewed out. If I screw up at my job, my principal will chew my ass out. That doesn't mean there is a disrepect going on.

I just give up already.

I'm glad you are a Texan too Bernard. I'm sure Peyton Manning will be as well in about 2 hours when the whole middle of the field is wide open.

THIS.

homey
11-08-2009, 10:17 AM
pretty obvious haley can not motivate his players.

Agent V
11-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Damn straight, Bad Guy. I'm sure Pollard will get plenty of ass-chewing today when Manning fucks him and the rest of the Texans defense into submission.

And futhermore, you EARN respect in football. The way Pollard played for KC before he was cut should have embarrassed him. I liked when Haley yelled "don't let me break you" at Bowe after a touchdown. Obviously, Pollard broke.

Fish
11-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Shocking revelation.....

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 10:26 AM
pretty obvious haley can not motivate his players.

Yeah, he sure had a hard time motivating the Arizona Cardinals.

You know why they can't be motivated? Because they were told their shit didn't stink for the last 7 years by 2 head coaches who would rather be their best friend instead of someone who told them the truth. They were used to a Club Med atmosphere, and when that got axed, the vaginas started to get sandy.

The Chiefs won exactly 6 games with Pollard as a starter. 6. When the coaches ass is on the line for their shitty play, you should be open to getting chewed up when you screw up. Bernard thinks he's above that.

It's pretty obvious that this fanbase is turning into a bunch of retards.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Damn straight, Bad Guy. I'm sure Pollard will get plenty of ass-chewing today when Manning ****s him and the rest of the Texans defense into submission.

And futhermore, you EARN respect in football. The way Pollard played for KC before he was cut should have embarrassed him. I liked when Haley yelled "don't let me break you" at Bowe after a touchdown. Obviously, Pollard broke.

There's no such thing as earning respect anymore. Everyone expects respect to be given to them on a silver platter.

Suck at football? Have a coach yelling at you? Just say you felt disrepected so people feel sorry for you.

CHIEFS58
11-08-2009, 10:35 AM
What a pussy. Man up.

Nero's Neptune
11-08-2009, 10:39 AM
The bottom line on this is that Pollard would still be a Chief if he was that good. The fact is that he's a very average safety and his personality clashed with the coaches.... bye bye.. This team needs a lot help, and having Pollard would not make much of a difference.

wild1
11-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Honestly, I'm not a fan of Haley's coaching style either. I don't see why you need to be that profane all the time and alienate players. Someone like Pollard who sucked and needed to go - who cares. But I don't see anyone other than perhaps Dorsey who's responded to it.

Obviously things are not changing by virtue of this style alone. But I am a big believer in the idea that the culture of a workplace is contagious and it's a big factor in performance. If someone isn't on board they should be cut. I don't think you need this bawling-out culture all the time.

They need a culture where success is not only rewarded but expected, for sure. But if the culture is extremely negative most people will not respond to it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 10:46 AM
The issue isn't whether or not Pollard is right about this, the fact is that a good number of players feel this way about this approach in general.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Honestly, I'm not a fan of Haley's coaching style either. I don't see why you need to be that profane all the time and alienate players. Someone like Pollard who sucked and needed to go - who cares. But I don't see anyone other than perhaps Dorsey who's responded to it.

Obviously things are not changing by virtue of this style alone. But I am a big believer in the idea that the culture of a workplace is contagious and it's a big factor in performance. If someone isn't on board they should be cut. I don't think you need this bawling-out culture all the time.

They need a culture where success is not only rewarded but expected, for sure. But if the culture is extremely negative most people will not respond to it.

Yelling is just talking loud. Who gives a shit? Maybe Dorsey responded because he is actually talented. This is what Haley/Pioli seem to be trying to do this season; Purging shitty players.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Purging shitty players.

Why are they worrying about the piece of two-play with a fart's worth of crap on it when there is a bowl full of foot long logs and cream backing up the only shitter in the house.

OnTheWarpath15
11-08-2009, 10:54 AM
There's a difference between yelling/chewing someone out and treating grown men like grown men, with respect.

This isn't fucking high school.

Brian Billick motherfucked his players as much as any coach around, but his players still respected him.

jspchief
11-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Pollard, meh.

However, I do think Haley's "coaching style" has big potential for failure.

Remember, the Giants were ready to quit on Coughlin too, except he started getting results. Haley doesn't have the resume that Coughlin had. If players don't start seeing the upside of putting up with an asshole coach, then they will just start tuning him out.

Say what you want about Pollard's achievements, but Haley hasn't done much to impress yet either. I'm guessing if Pollard had been surrounded by the same talent Haley was surrounded by, he would have looked better too.

OnTheWarpath15
11-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Pollard, meh.

However, I do think Haley's "coaching style" has big potential for failure.

Remember, the Giants were ready to quit on Coughlin too, except he started getting results. Haley doesn't have the resume that Coughlin had. If players don't start seeing the upside of putting up with an asshole coach, then they will just start tuning him out.

Say what you want about Pollard's achievements, but Haley hasn't done much to impress yet either. I'm guessing if Pollard had been surrounded by the same talent Haley was surrounded by, he would have looked better too.

Good post, jsp.

Queue the "then fuck the players that don't want to play for an asshole" posts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 10:55 AM
motherfucked.

The greatest verb ever.

OnTheWarpath15
11-08-2009, 10:57 AM
The greatest verb ever.

Two of my favorite words from Next Man Up.

Motherfucked.

Slapdick.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2009, 11:00 AM
There's a difference between yelling/chewing someone out and treating grown men like grown men, with respect.

This isn't ****ing high school.

Brian Billick mother****ed his players as much as any coach around, but his players still respected him.Who says most of the players there now do not respect Haley?

stevieray
11-08-2009, 11:02 AM

Why do DS's yell at recruits in bootcamp?

OnTheWarpath15
11-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Who says most of the players there now do not respect Haley?

I'm not saying they do, or they don't.

Like jsp, I'm saying that Haley's approach has a huge potential for failure.

jspchief
11-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Who says most of the players there now do not respect Haley?I don't think we know yet. Just saying that's he's playing a dangerous game with big egos.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Most of the recruits aren't anywhere near men? The vast majority are 18-20 years old and have almost nothing to their name.

OnTheWarpath15

Steve, if you think you're going to program/brainwash a professional athlete...

stevieray
11-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Steve, if you think you're going to program/brainwash a professional athlete...

it's not brainwashing..it's about maintaining composure under stressful situations.

I find it highly amusing that people are claiming a coach should treat a team with respect that's won three games out of?

..treat em with respect!..because that is exactly what every detractor has doen since Haley got here..treated the players and coaches like grown men...with respect.

:rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2009, 11:11 AM
How can yelling at players be potential for failure? I'd say picking lousy players is more of a potiental for failure. These guys are paid a lot of money doing exactly what they love to do. They dont work in a fucking cubicle. Were bitching about yelling and sings. WTF? I'll judge Haley's performance by the players he choses to play for him(I am not happy with him starting Goff still), not by yelling. Do your fucking job and you wont get yelled at.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 11:16 AM
it's not brainwashing..it's about maintaining composure under stressful situations.

I find it highly amusing that people are claiming a coach should treat a team with respect that's won three games out of?

..treat em with respect!..because that is exactly what every detractor has doen since Haley got here..treated the players and coaches like grown men...with respect.

:rolleyes:

Maybe other people are doing this, but I personally don't give two shits about their feelings. What I'm trying to do is argue the reality of the situation. Whether you like it or not, the reality of the NFL is that most of these guys do not respond to this kind of approach because they are already grown men who are multi millionaires. Yeah, I think that this approach might work for guys who are doing everything to stick in the NFL, as they've got a tenuous grip on their jobs, but for players who can find jobs elsewhere, or who are quite talented, I don't think it applies.

I can tell you this. There was no harder screw to walk a turn of the NFL sidelines than Bill Belichick, but he'd never talk to Brady like this. Hell, Brady was bitching at Belichick on the sidelines during one of the games this year.

Bwana
11-08-2009, 11:22 AM
How can yelling at players be potential for failure? I'd say picking lousy players is more of a potiental for failure. These guys are paid a lot of money doing exactly what they love to do. They dont work in a ****ing cubicle. Were bitching about yelling and sings. WTF? I'll judge Haley's performance by the players he choses to play for him(I am not happy with him starting Goff still), not by yelling. Do your ****ing job and you wont get yelled at.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeexactly.

jspchief
11-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Do your ****ing job and you wont get yelled at.So I guess we can lump Anquan Boldin in that group that doesn't do their job.

If you think getting your players to buy in "because I fucking said so", doesn't run risks on a team that been residing in the gutter for the last 3 years...

Just Passin' By
11-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Maybe other people are doing this, but I personally don't give two shits about their feelings. What I'm trying to do is argue the reality of the situation. Whether you like it or not, the reality of the NFL is that most of these guys do not respond to this kind of approach because they are already grown men who are multi millionaires. Yeah, I think that this approach might work for guys who are doing everything to stick in the NFL, as they've got a tenuous grip on their jobs, but for players who can find jobs elsewhere, or who are quite talented, I don't think it applies.

I can tell you this. There was no harder screw to walk a turn of the NFL sidelines than Bill Belichick, but he'd never talk to Brady like this. Hell, Brady was bitching at Belichick on the sidelines during one of the games this year.

Belichick does talk to Brady "like this", although "like this" is cursing, not yelling. Brady has pointed that out himself, as has Rodney Harrison. I can't find the Brady quotes, but here's Harrison:

Harrison also said Belichick was also just as critical of Brady in practice as he was with the 53rd guy on the team

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/72403/#ixzz0WI30NYO7

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/72403/

Hell, Chiefs fans should know that nobody is safe from Belichick's comments, given the story that Gonzalez has told about his experience with Belichick in the Pro Bowl.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 11:36 AM
The issue isn't whether or not Pollard is right about this, the fact is that a good number of players feel this way about this approach in general.

Big deal.

This good number of players have won 7 games in 39 chances.

I don't care who's feelings are hurt. Weed them out, get guys here who want to work for wins and respect, and move forward.

jspchief
11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Belichick has won more than 1 game as a head coach.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm not saying they do, or they don't.

Like jsp, I'm saying that Haley's approach has a huge potential for failure.

Any approach has huge potential for failure.

I like most of the people on this board that have been criticial of Haley, but it's amazing to see the 2 sides of the fence emerge again in a Bernard Pollard gets his feelings hurt thread.

Tiger's Fan
11-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Insubordinate and untalented is a bad combination.

And Stevie, most of these guys have no concept of a DI other than what they've seen in the movies. You can tell by their responses.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 11:40 AM

What approach should he have used here?

Herm tried the fatherly figure. Didn't work.

Dick tried the loving grandfather angle. Didn't work.

How can you change a culture in a place that has needed a change for 10 years without being an asshole?

Marty was a real asshole when he came here in 1989, but no one was freaking out about it.

milkman
11-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Insubordinate and untalented is a bad combination.

And Stevie, most of these guys have no concept of a DI other than what they've seen in the movies. You can tell by their responses.

Good God, you are one useless dumbfuck.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Big deal.

I don't care who's feelings are hurt. Weed them out, get guys here who want to work for wins and respect, and move forward.

Again, you assume that talented and rich NFL players will respond to this without a winning culture already in place. Maybe if you're Parcells or Belichick, they will, but it's hard to get the respect of players doing this, and it's a great way to lose the team ASAP. That's the problem with being a dictator sans results. Look at Mangini.

Fish
11-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Big deal.

You're going to have a hard time doing both. Talented established guys aren't going to want to come in and work for a known drill sergeant asshole who may cut him weeks later. A high priced vet is going to avoid a team that is hacking the roster with a chainsaw every other week and treats the players with little respect.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 11:45 AM

How can you change a culture in a place that has needed a change for 10 years without being an asshole?

Marty was a real asshole when he came here in 1989, but no one was freaking out about it.

You can still be a disciplinarian and not be an inveterate cocksucker. It's not that hard to comprehend. Firm, but fair.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I knew down inside this was the whole fucking problem. Being cursed to is one thing but being cussed at and demeaned is something else. We lost a quality player because our coach is a childish puss. He is going to cost us some good players before the beginning of next season and we'll be looking to start over again two years from now when he gets canned.

Agent V
11-08-2009, 11:46 AM
I knew down inside this was the whole fucking problem. Being cursed to is one thing but being cussed at and demeaned is something else. We lost a quality player because our coach is a childish puss. He is going to cost us some good players before the beginning of next season and we'll be looking to start over again two years from now when he gets canned.

Okay, I think you're exaggerating. Pollard is not a "quality" player. He's average at his best. We couldn't even get a seventh rounder out of the guy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-08-2009, 11:47 AM
It's too bad Pollard was the only one on the team with balls enough to say fuck you back. I guess the Brian waters incident should have been the writing on the wall but everybody just wanted to call him a cry baby.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Okay, I think you're exaggerating. Pollard is not a "quality" player. He's average at his best. We couldn't even get a seventh rounder out of the guy.

Yeah , and Now that he is in a system with a REAL coaching staff he's flourishing.

Fucking idiots !

ILChief
11-08-2009, 11:49 AM
So, do you like Mike Brown constantly being out of position and taking terrible angles?

no, he sucks too. i can't tell a difference between the two

LaChapelle
11-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Pollard's problem wasn't the yelling. It was the atta boys the other players got when they got a play right.

Bwana
i can't tell a difference between the two

Brown doesn't go around crying to the media like a little bitch? :shrug:

Hog's Gone Fishin
no, he sucks too. i can't tell a difference between the two

Then your and idiot !

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 11:53 AM
You can still be a disciplinarian and not be an inveterate one who sucks the penis. It's not that hard to comprehend. Firm, but fair.

And again, how do we know Haley isn't fair? Because Bernard Pollard in training camp said so?

jspchief
11-08-2009, 11:53 AM

Marty was a real asshole when he came here in 1989, but no one was freaking out about it.This place definitely needs a culture change. I'm just not convinced Haley's approach is gonna work. The team needs to be built. We're not talking about a group of underachievers that need their fires stoked.

As for what was happening when Marty came in, I don't know. I didn't frequent football message boards in 1989.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 11:55 AM
And again, how do we know Haley isn't fair? Because Bernard Pollard in training camp said so?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/rudy_niswanger.jpg

http://onkansascitymo.com/images/assets/0066/5288/677-ap090605049601.standalone.prod_affiliate.81_medium.jpg

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/mike_brown.jpg

Tiger's Fan
11-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Good God, you are one useless dumb****.

Care to elaborate, or are you just going to mimic your g/fs?

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2009, 11:57 AM

Many of the players cried like little bitches when Marty arrived. Albert Lewis hated Carl from day 1.
Of course, two years prior to Marty's arrival the players had a meeting and threatened a mutiny if they didn't keep the fighter pilot. Look what that got us.

Good luck, 'Nard. I think you suck but if you need to be hugged, I hope that eases the sting of being a marginal player.

Just Passin' By
This place definitely needs a culture change. I'm just not convinced Haley's approach is gonna work. The team needs to be built. We're not talking about a group of underachievers that need their fires stoked.

As for what was happening when Marty came in, I don't know. I didn't frequent football message boards in 1989.

This is the same argument that happens every time a 'mean' guy gets a coaching job. People like to pretend that guys like Parcells, Belichick, Coughlin and Cowher don't exist, or they try to trot out "Yeah, but..." arguments.

-King-
Now when Pollard has a bad play, the coach says, "Aw Golly Gee, we'll get them next time chap." And the coach gives him a hug and a lollipop.

-King-
11-08-2009, 11:59 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/rudy_niswanger.jpg

http://onkansascitymo.com/images/assets/0066/5288/677-ap090605049601.standalone.prod_affiliate.81_medium.jpg

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/mike_brown.jpg

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/larry_johnson.jpg

And http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/staff/clancy_pendergast.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-08-2009, 12:00 PM
And Derrick Johnson who has more natural talent than 90 % of the team rides the bench because he's not part of the right 53. I'm ready to call for Haley's head . His ego will never let him be successful.

Mecca
11-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm not a big fan of it because I don't think acting like a hardass who loses his mind all the time is a good way to motivate guys who make giant bank with families.

It's a good way to get eye rolling and reactions of "who the fuck is this guy, who does he think he is?"

Mecca
11-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Now when Pollard has a bad play, the coach says, "Aw Golly Gee, we'll get them next time chap." And the coach gives him a hug and a lollipop.

There's a difference in being yelled at for doing something stupid and feeling like you're being treated like a child, it seems many here can't realize that.

jspchief
11-08-2009, 12:06 PM
This is the same argument that happens every time a 'mean' guy gets a coaching job. People like to pretend that guys like Parcells, Belichick, Coughlin and Cowher don't exist, or they try to trot out "Yeah, but..." arguments.Yea, those are the examples of the guys that succeeded with the approach. Wonder if there are any coaches that acted that way and never got the results to get their players to buy into it.

I'm sorry, but I've yet to see much reason to mention Haley's name with the likes of Parcells and company.

milkman
11-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Care to elaborate, or are you just going to mimic your g/fs?

What is there to elaborate?

It seems pretty self explanatory.

Skip Towne
11-08-2009, 12:09 PM

This

Kyle DeLexus
11-08-2009, 12:45 PM

Belichick cussed out a vet in a team meeting when he was a first year special teams assistant coach when that vet was talking in said meeting.

BigChiefFan
11-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Get over yourself, Pollard. You played like shit and got canned. Cry me a river.

Just Passin' By
11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Yea, those are the examples of the guys that succeeded with the approach. Wonder if there are any coaches that acted that way and never got the results to get their players to buy into it.

I'm sorry, but I've yet to see much reason to mention Haley's name with the likes of Parcells and company.

Wait... are you saying that a rookie coach with a terrible team hasn't set the world on fire?

That's never happened with a "player's coach"!

ThaVirus
11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
He definitley has a point. It wouldn't matter if you're make 50 thousand or 50 mil a year, no one is going to be happy and comfortable being demeaned. There is a certain way to talk to people and these new coaches just don't seem to know it

BigChiefFan
11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
...and yet he YELLED BACK. Fucking hypocrite.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm not a big fan of it because I don't think acting like a hardass who loses his mind all the time is a good way to motivate guys who make giant bank with families.

It's a good way to get eye rolling and reactions of "who the **** is this guy, who does he think he is?"

Have you played football or any other organized team sport?

Spicy McHaggis
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM

Someone enroll Mike Brown in High School Geometry so he can attain a basic knowledge of angles. The remedial course, mind you.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Someone enroll Mike Brown in High School Geometry so he can attain a basic knowledge of angles. The remedial course, mind you.LMAO

Buzzsaw
11-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Pollard INT...

Marcellus
11-08-2009, 01:36 PM

It's a good way to get eye rolling and reactions of "who the **** is this guy, who does he think he is?"

And your experience on this speaks volumes.

DaFace
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Well, Pollard just got an INT at a key time against Indy. :sulk:

Dottefan
11-08-2009, 02:51 PM
So you guys would let your boss curse you out? I for one wouldn`t, regardless of the amount of money I`m making.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:53 PM
You kind of need to see the plays to know how much credit to give. Greg Wesley made some interceptions that were just by virtue of where he was standing when a ball got through over the middle.

tboss27
11-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Pollard has 9 tackles and 2 picks today. Carry on

wutamess
11-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I can understand what he means about being a grown man and being treated like a high schooler.

Having that said his technique was poor and he needed work....he's getting paid millions to play a game, he should sack up and take it like a man would.

Fugg that!!! Noone has to be humiliated to get a fuggin point. He's not a fuggin kid. It's a matter of principle and disrespect. They let him go because of it and he's fine. Win-Win for him.

Pollard 1
Chiefs 0

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
MM, the only reason he's gone, is because he was the first in that secondary to stand up and call that little bitch Penderfucker a "little bitch".

And I for one have NO fucking problem with that whatsoever.

Because he absolutely fucking sucks. He got fired from a Super Bowl team. You know this, I know this; there's no argument for this guy and his bullshit.
He was a late hire who was seen as being easily pliable by the two men who hired him.

...and yet he YELLED BACK. Fucking hypocrite.

a) God damn right he did.

b) I don't think Pollard went actively to the press to talk about the Chiefs unlike Waters. Somebody came to HIM for an article. There was NOTHING in the sports press between the time he was released and the time he signed with Houston.

c) And since he's no longer a Chief, why the fuck shouldn't he talk? At least he was civil about it. Much too civil if you ask me.

dirk digler
11-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Pollard did this in college too so it is part of who he is. What I don't get is he didn't seem to have a problem with Gunther who cusses and demeans players more than any coach in the NFL.

Friendo
11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
There's a difference in being yelled at for doing something stupid and feeling like you're being treated like a child, it seems many here can't realize that.

absolutely--Cowher, Marty, Shula, etc were hard-nosed, but that's far different than being a gratuitous asshole. If this guy doesn't modify his style, I'll be very surprised if he lasts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
absolutely--Cowher, Marty, Shula, etc were hard-nosed, but that's far different than being a gratuitous asshole. If this guy doesn't modify his style, I'll be very surprised if he lasts.

Yep. It's n00b-yelling. n00b-motivating. All the hallmarks of an inexperienced head coach taking the wrong turn at the fork in the road.

Not to hi-jack, but Crabtree got hands!( currently watching SF/CAR )
When it was obvious the QB option was gone, I was hoping we would take him instead. He may have missed all of camp and acted douche-like because of his agent, but he hasn't missed a beat in terms of his play.
Kid looks really good for a rook.

Micjones
11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
If we end up with Mays or Berry I'll forget about it, but we made a mistake letting Pollard walk.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2009, 04:50 PM
If we end up with Mays or Berry I'll forget about it, but we made a mistake letting Pollard walk.Instead of Brown, thats the mistake. Overall, no. Pollard still sucks, just not as bad as Brown...

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I'd scream at these useless fucks too

Micjones
11-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Instead of Brown, thats the mistake. Overall, no. Pollard still sucks, just not as bad as Brown...

That was my point. He's a much better option than Mike Brown.

Johnny Vegas
11-08-2009, 05:12 PM
if you approach a problem like a hot head cussing machine majority of people will ignore anything you have to say or offer simply for that fact of the way its being handled even if you mean well. I mean a lot of members on here can get out of hand with the name calling and such but still have excellent knowledge about the game. With that approach people won't appect the name calling or cussing about them being wrong so they denounce the info and it defeats the purpose of trying to sway the thinking of those individuals even if it makes complete sense. I think the coach needs to look at himself. Have you ever seen a golfer throw a fit?? Jesus its childish. lol

TEX
11-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Instead of Brown, thats the mistake. Overall, no. Pollard still sucks, just not as bad as Brown...

Pollard still sucks? Really?? - Did ya happen to see the Texans / Colts game today? He had TWO picks and made several big hits. COACHING and SCHEME have made the difference in his game. In Houston, he IS looking like the player that he was drafted to be in KC.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Pollard still sucks? Really?? - Did ya happen to see the Texans / Colts game today? He had TWO picks and made several big hits. COACHING and SCHEME have made the difference in his game. In Houston, he IS looking like the player that he was drafted to be in KC.Greg Wesley used to have INTs and big hits too. He also allowed A LOT of big plays. I'm not trying to defend our defensive coaching staff, I'd like to see the whole lot replaced.

kcxiv
11-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Saying he sucks makes it easier to get over it. lol

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Saying he sucks makes it easier to get over it. lol

This.

tk13
11-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Pollard didn't have a bad game today. The one interception was a tremendous play. But on the flipside, they kinda got lucky too. The Texans defense was getting carved up in the first half. Really most of the game, but they were just able to sustain offensive drives in the 2nd half to keep Manning off the field. Manning threw 40 passes in the first half. Forty. The way they controlled the game was amazing.