PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mike Brown is the worst free-agent pickup since Carlton Gray...

jwhit
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
My God. These guys cut Bernard Pollard to make room for Brown.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Brown is terrible, but stop acting like Pollard is some savior.

Pollard was burned for his fair share of plays as well.

RealSNR
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Fascinating, Jason.

jwhit
11-08-2009, 01:28 PM

I'm sorry. I missed the "Pollard is a savior" part of my comment.

-King-
11-08-2009, 01:29 PM

Im willing to bet money that we have allowed more 30+ yard plays this year than we had all year last year.

Hammock Parties
11-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I have a feeling he's going to be the GIF'D UP King before it's all said and done.

doomy3
He is absolutely terrible. Not a good decision at all to cut Pollard for him. Not sure how anyone could argue otherwise. He is pitiful.

DeezNutz

The Brown acquisition is indefensible.

Shannon Sharpe clowns Brown at the half on CBS...

'Hamas' Jenkins
Pollard wasn't much, but he was younger and significantly better than Brown, who is now being clowned on CBS' halftime show.

Our starting safeties should have been Pollard and Morgan.

doomy3
11-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Pollard just picked off Manning in the red zone...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 01:31 PM
At least Lance Long has 7 first half targets to Bowe's 2.

Time's Yours
11-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I'll take talent over the right 53 at this point

doomy3
At least Lance Long has 7 first half targets to Bowe's 2.

An unbelievably bad first half game plan. And some terrible playcalls and decisions as well.

DeezNutz
I'll take talent over the right 53 at this point

At what point is talent not > an empty rhetorical device?

rambleonthruthefog
11-08-2009, 01:33 PM
brown sucks worse than pollard sucks. neither are part of the future.

BossChief
11-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Pollard wasn't much, but he was younger and significantly better than Brown, who is now being clowned on CBS' halftime show.

this

KC native

This all the way. The only decision I've been truly pissed about this year was cutting Pollard for Mike Brown. I can deal with all of the other crap because our team was in such a big hole but cutting pollard for a slower shittier version of him has been by far halioli's biggest mistake.

Hammock Parties
OK, listen, I still say cutting Pollard was the right decision. Nothing he did warranted a roster spot.

But yeah, picking up Brown looks retarded. If they wanted to pick up an old safety they should have grabbed Brian Dawkins.

BigChiefFan
11-08-2009, 01:35 PM
When a player is yelling at coaches, you shitcan that player. It has nothing to do with talent level.

'Hamas' Jenkins
An unbelievably bad first half game plan. And some terrible playcalls and decisions as well.

We had a short week.

Plus, it's not like we really needed those two TO's that we wasted

milkman
I'd agree with the OP if Mike Goff wasn't signed this offseason, as well.

Our entire offseason sucked ass.

DeezNutz
11-08-2009, 01:36 PM
We had a short week.

Plus, it's not like we really needed those two TO's that we wasted

This list is long and not particularly distinguished.

The true question: what have Pioli and Haley done to demonstrate competence?

Time's Yours
11-08-2009, 01:36 PM
OK, listen, I still say cutting Pollard was the right decision. Nothing he did warranted a roster spot.

He was better than Brown. Cutting him was stupid. He was at least worth a backup spot even if you take Dawkins.

milkman
11-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Pronounced Itchyass NDukwe correctly.

:shrug:

BossChief

But yeah, picking up Brown looks retarded. If they wanted to pick up an old safety they should have grabbed Brian Dawkins.

NOT this and this

Mecca

Nothing...at this point they're Dayton Moore and Trey Hillman.

AustinChief
11-08-2009, 01:39 PM

he looks so bad that I am starting to wonder if there is something our coaches or defensive scheme is doing to make him look worse.... It is almost unimaginable that he REALLY is this bad and used to START for another team...

Titty Meat
11-08-2009, 01:39 PM
lol Pollard picked off Manning the Chiefs should have kept him!

milkman
11-08-2009, 01:40 PM
he looks so bad that I am starting to wonder if there is something our coaches or defensive scheme is doing to make him look worse.... It is almost unimaginable that he REALLY is this bad and used to START for another team...

Taking horrible angles is not a schematic problem.

BigChiefFan
He was better than Brown. Cutting him was stupid. He was at least worth a backup spot even if you take Dawkins.

Do you really believe keeping a malcontent who got in coaches grills was wise?

Mecca
Pointing out how awful Brown is isn't someone getting on a soap box for Pollard, I don't know why everyone goes to that.

Param

: crickets :

Mecca

Well I dunno seeing as these coaches look like inept boobs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 01:41 PM

Angles have nothing to do with gameplan. If you can't take the right angle in a Cover 2...well, fuck.

Titty Meat
Pointing out how awful Brown is isn't someone getting on a soap box for Pollard, I don't know why everyone goes to that.

I guess masterbation really does cause blindness. Why don't you read the other threads?

SenselessChiefsFan
I have figured out that signing Mike Brown is like trading up in every round. Brilliant.

BigChiefFan
Pointing out how awful Brown is isn't someone getting on a soap box for Pollard, I don't know why everyone goes to that.Gee, maybe the thread starter?;)

Deberg_1990

Ummm..because the Thread starter mentioned Pollard in his opening statement. Why did he feel the need to do this??

wild1
11-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Surely, Brown can't be playing much longer. Even the most hamstrung defense would fine SOMEONE else to put out there. A rookie. A guy off the street. Anyone.

Time's Yours
11-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Obviously.

DeezNutz
Surely, Brown can't be playing much longer. Even the most hamstrung defense would fine SOMEONE else to put out there. A rookie. A guy off the street. Anyone.

Why is he playing now? Today's performance is hardly an anomaly.

AustinChief
Taking horrible angles is not a schematic problem.I know I know... just seems that he is so bad that I can't IMAGINE at one time he started for a team that wasn't the Chiefs....

wild1
11-08-2009, 01:44 PM

I dont know, you'll have to ask Clancy Pederast

Titty Meat

Cuz New England didn't release any Safeties.

Mecca
It means Pollard is better than Brown and they chose the worse player...it in no way says Pollard is great or a pro bowler just that the team kept the worse player.

BigChiefFan
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Obviously.LMAO

I'm sure, you're in the "keep LJ" camp, too?

DeezNutz
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Cuz New England didn't release any Safeties.

And there's some truth to this statement.

wild1
11-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Regarding "worst free agent pickup since carlton gray", Brown is on a 1 year deal for less than a million dollars. There was nothing wrong with signing him. There's something very wrong with still using him, but the signing was not a bad move.

If I remember right Gray was making 3 or 4 million (a more kingly sum 10 years ago no doubt) and had a multi-year deal. Brown is just a spare part they need to send off for recycling, it wasn't near the gaffe that Gray was.

There have been plenty of other poor ones recently anyway - Ty Law, Shawn Barber come to mind.

DeezNutz
11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice, Dorsey. Wrong fucking thread.

Time's Yours
11-08-2009, 01:55 PM
LMAO

I'm sure, you're in the "keep LJ" camp, too?

That was one of the worst parallels I've ever seen someone attempt to draw.

jwhit
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
When a player is yelling at coaches, you shitcan that player. It has nothing to do with talent level.

This is so naive.

BigChiefFan
11-08-2009, 02:07 PM
This is so naive.
Sure, it is, J. So according to you, coaches prefer the malcontents that get in their grill? Now, who's being naive?

-King-
11-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Sure, it is, J. So according to you, coaches prefer the malcontents that get in their grill? Now, who's being naive?

When the player is smarter than the coach, Im sure you can make an exception, because Clancy has to be the dumbest coach in the NFL.

Mecca
11-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Clancy Pendergast deserves to be hit in the face with bats by the players.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I'd like to see a new offensive and defensive coordinator introduced this offseason.

Clearly I think canning Gailey was a mistake. Maybe not a mistake per se to remove him, but to do so in camp without a replacement, just silly.

Clancy Pederast is just the new Greg Robinson

jwhit
11-08-2009, 02:12 PM

You couldn't field a roster if you cut all the players who yell at coaches. Most coaches are lucky they don't get their asses whipped at least twice in their careers.

Mecca
11-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Nah Jason we're just suppose to cut everyone who isn't a good little soldier for a regime that looks incompetent.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Thing is, I don't think that this would be a good team if Haley were a nice guy coach. I don't think it would be a good team with entirely different guys starting. It wouldn't be a good team with Pollard still on the roster.

Carl and Herm buried this ship so far in the silt that this year was just going to be a marathon of suck no matter what.

Haley is not good enough to make a terrible team watchable. Maybe when more talent arrives, he can take some talent and do something with it, but he can't turn water into wine.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Nah Jason we're just suppose to cut everyone who isn't a good little soldier for a regime that looks incompetent.

Are you wearing your kneepads today?

Mecca
11-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Are you wearing your kneepads today?

They make mistakes that have nothing to do with talent that to me points to inept.

The same people that crucified Herm are giving Haley a pass for doing the same shit if not worse...Haley is a worse gameday coach than Herm, you know hard that is to do?

BigChiefFan
You couldn't field a roster if you cut all the players who yell at coaches. Most coaches are lucky they don't get their asses whipped at least twice in their careers. Thanks, Cable for your valuable insight. Pollard was insubordinate. Period.

-King-
Thing is, I don't think that this would be a good team if Haley were a nice guy coach. I don't think it would be a good team with entirely different guys starting. It wouldn't be a good team with Pollard still on the roster.

Carl and Herm buried this ship so far in the silt that this year was just going to be a marathon of suck no matter what.

Haley is not good enough to make a terrible team watchable. Maybe when more talent arrives, he can take some talent and do something with it, but he can't turn water into wine.

Like Lance Long, Richardson, Mike Brown, Mike Goff, Ndukewe? That type of top tier talent the team brings in?

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Like Lance Long, Richardson, Mike Brown, Mike Goff, Ndukewe? That type of top tier talent the team brings in?

Were they supposed to change over all 53+ players in the offseason?

Mecca
11-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Lets not even mention the supposed franchise QB sucks butt.

LiL stumppy
11-08-2009, 02:20 PM

your a freaking idiot if you would rather have brown than pollard

Time's Yours
11-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Were they supposed to change over all 53+ players in the offseason?

No but you'd like to see improvement in the positions where they made changes. This team is no better than last year's team despite a lot of personnel changes.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
No but you'd like to see improvement in the positions where they made changes. This team is no better than last year's team despite a lot of personnel changes.

This team will win more games than last year's team, 3 or 4 games, which isn't saying a lot but at least the franchise will have some direction. Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards, Gunther Cunningham, Tyler Thigpen, Larry Johnson, and a bunch of geriatrics and losers at every position was not direction.

Certainly Pioli/Haley is off to a rocky start, but at least they are trying to get better. They aren't trying to pass that team off from last year as a legitimate NFL team. They made a lot of changes, some worked and some didn't.

At a minimum I want to see the personnel changes they make after this year. I want to see the roster at midseason next year and see where we are.

You can't jump ship on a rebuild in the middle of the first season.

milkman

This right here.

DeezNutz
This team will win more games than last year's team.

Doubtful.

BigChiefFan
11-08-2009, 02:27 PM
This team will win more games than last year's team, 3 or 4 games, which isn't saying a lot but at least the franchise will have some direction. Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards, Gunther Cunningham, Tyler Thigpen, Larry Johnson, and a bunch of geriatrics and losers at every position was not direction.

Certainly Pioli/Haley is off to a rocky start, but at least they are trying to get better. They aren't trying to pass that team off from last year as a legitimate NFL team. They made a lot of changes, some worked and some didn't.

At a minimum I want to see the personnel changes they make after this year. I want to see the roster at midseason next year and see where we are.

Agreed. It's painful to watch and go through, but getting rid of 20 years of Carl's ineptitude can't be done overnight.

milkman
11-08-2009, 02:27 PM

But in a rebuild, you'd like to see one position, at the very least, upgraded.

I don't see it.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Doubtful.

I could be wrong, sure.

Do you think this year's team, with the current coaching staff, would lose to last year's team with Herm at the helm? I don't think so.

BigChiefFan
11-08-2009, 02:28 PM

I don't see it. We've been through this and agreed. The KICKER is upgraded. ;)

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM

I don't see it.

Quarterback was upgraded, and we have two defensive ends who are at this point, fine. We're no worse off at linebacker, possibly better. We're fine at punter, and kicker was upgraded.

I want to argue that at safety we are not stagnant, we don't have upgrades in place but we have unseated the entrenched, crappy, starters, so we're working to upgrade those positions even though they have not yet been solidified. In a way it's not an upgrade but a positive to break through the status quo there. That's all contingent on someone replacing Brown, someone else and Morgan would be the right move there.

It's not a lot, but you can't expect all the middle round picks to be difference makers 8 games into their first year either.

milkman
11-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Quarterback was upgraded, and we have two defensive ends who are at this point, fine. We're no worse off at linebacker, possibly better. We're fine at punter, and kicker was upgraded.

It's not a lot, but you can't expect all the middle round picks to be difference makers 8 games into their first year either.

I'm sorry, but what I see is a taller version of Thigpen.

So if taller is an upgrade, I agree.

doomy3
11-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Pollard just had his second pick of the game today.

Deberg_1990
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Quarterback was upgraded,

Was it?? I want to believe that....but i cant honestly say it was at this point.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry, but what I see is a taller version of Thigpen.

So if taller is an upgrade, I agree.

:rolleyes:

DeezNutz
11-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Do you think this year's team, with the current coaching staff, would lose to last year's team with Herm at the helm? I don't think so.

Yes.

Because we have the same QB, and a gimmick offense allows for an under-talented player to have some level of success.

Mecca
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, Cassel has been nothing short of awful.

-King-
11-08-2009, 02:39 PM

I know it'll never happen, but they need to get croyle in there. I bet he has a better day.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:40 PM

I dont lend a lot of weight to this, coming from someone who never has a positive word to say about the Chiefs in any context

Mecca
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Look at the post above yours...anyone who is watching him can tell you, he's sucked.

Bane
11-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Is that unusual?

beach tribe
11-08-2009, 02:44 PM
lol Pollard picked off Manning the Chiefs should have kept him!

I hope you're being sarcastic, cause Mike brown is YO BOY!

milkman
11-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I dont lend a lot of weight to this, coming from someone who never has a positive word to say about the Chiefs in any context

I spent the offseason after the trade for Cassel watching him in NFL replays, finding positive to discuss, and generally giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But mecca is right, he is nothing short of awful.

wild1
11-08-2009, 02:50 PM
As I watch him run for his life, actually taking a hit right now, I don't blame him for not being that efficient.

You put Cassel and Thigpen on a decent team with a decent offensive line, there's no question who's going to be more successful. On a team this awful, no, it doesn't matter so much who your QB is because a lot of quality starters would not be doing anything on this team.

Bane
11-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I spent the offseason after the trade for Cassel watching him in NFL replays, finding positive to discuss, and generally giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But mecca is right, he is nothing short of awful.

True that.
What gets me is the Cassel-ites that say well if we had 3 pro bowl OL,2 pro bowl WR,a pro bowl Rb,and TG he'd be one of the best QB's in the league......No shit really?LMAO

beach tribe
11-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Ok we paid Mike Brown basically the league minimum, on a 1 YEAR DEAL, and we HAD to cut Pollard because he's yelling at coaches

And THIS is the worst signing since Carlton Grey? What fuqin team have you been watching?

DeezNutz
11-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Ok we paid Mike Brown basically the league minimum, on a 1 YEAR DEAL, and we HAD to cut Pollard because he's yelling at coaches

And THIS is the worst signing since Carlton Grey? What fuqin team have you been watching?

Give me a break.

irishjayhawk
11-08-2009, 02:54 PM

I've been with you for a while, but this is retarded.

beach tribe
11-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Look at the post above yours...anyone who is watching him can tell you, he's sucked.

Do you see any other QB in the league who has as little time to set up as he has? I'm not saying in any way that he has done well, but line play, can ruin any play, and ours is as bad as I have ever seen.

beach tribe
11-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I've been with you for a while, but this is retarded.

He yelled at a coach. What player do you know YELLS at coaches, and stays around. Coaches run the damn team not the players. Sure maybe if you actually prove yourself on the field you might be able to open your fuqin mouth, but when you're getting toasted constantly in practive, and on the field you can take a fuqin hike.
Or else you'll lose your entire team. Pollard needed someone saying WHY THE FUCK were you THERE when you're supposed to be THERE? And he should try to answer a question that he obviously doesn't know the answer to, and go back to his huddle or locker.

irishjayhawk
11-08-2009, 03:06 PM
He yelled at a coach. What player do you know YELLS at coaches, and stays around. Coaches run the damn team not the players. Sure maybe if you actually prove yourself on the field you might be able to open your fuqin mouth, but when you're getting toasted constantly in practive, and on the field you can take a fuqin hike.
Or else you'll lose your entire team. Pollard needed someone saying WHY THE **** were you THERE when you're supposed to be THERE? And he should try to answer a question that he obviously doesn't know the answer to, and go back to his huddle or locker.

We didn't have to. For example, perhaps the coach was in the wrong. It wouldn't surprise me.

milkman
11-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Do you see any other QB in the league who has as little time to set up as he has? I'm not saying in any way that he has done well, but line play, can ruin any play, and ours is as bad as I have ever seen.

Even when he does have time, he has no pocket presense, he doesn't go through his progressions, and he moves out of the pocket before he has to.

Even on that TD to Chambers, he moved away from phantom pressure.

It didn't hurt the team on that play, but it does more often than not.

He is Thigpen.

Plays well out of the spread/shotgun, but doens't function out of a pro set with any comfort.

milkman
11-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Or else you'll lose your entire team. Pollard needed someone saying WHY THE **** were you THERE when you're supposed to be THERE? And he should try to answer a question that he obviously doesn't know the answer to, and go back to his huddle or locker.

Anquin Bolden

beach tribe
11-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Anquin Bolden

Oh the Pro-bowler you mean?

beach tribe
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Anquan Boldin.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2009, 03:11 PM
no, you retard ... they cut Pollard because he was a mouthy bitch who wouldn't do what the coaches told him.

chiefs1111
11-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Mike Brown is worse than Carlton Gray and that's saying something

milkman
11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh the Pro-bowler you mean?

You didn't ask what non Pro Bowl player yells at his coach and sticks around.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Even when he does have time, he has no pocket presense, he doesn't go through his progressions, and he moves out of the pocket before he has to.

He is Thigpen.

Plays well out of the spread/shotgun, but doens't function out of a pro set with any comfort.

But he got 20 fantasy points in the 4th quarter alone!!

beach tribe
11-08-2009, 03:16 PM

He is Thigpen.

I see it too, and I totally agree with everything you said, but I played QB in H.S.,(I know big deal that's not what I'm saying) and the 1st year i did, the entire O-line graduated, the year before, and after the 1st game, I lost all faith in the O-line, and just could not ever be comfortable.

You think Matt Cassel wants to end his career for this years' team? Hell no. He knows he's the starter next year. He's gonna do everything he can, just to survive, and wait for help.

milkman
11-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I see it too, and I totally agree with everything you said, but I played QB in H.S.,(I know big deal that's not what I'm saying) and the 1st year i did, the entire O-line graduated, the year before, and after the 1st game, I lost all faith in the O-line, and just could not ever be comfortable.

You think Matt Cassel wants to end his career for this years' team? Hell no. He knows he's the starter next year. He's gonna do everything he can, just to survive, and wait for help.

Meanwhile, Aaron Rogers is standing in the pocket taking hits, moving at the last possible minute, and making plays.

KCChiefsMan
11-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm convinced that he is the worst safety to ever wear a Chiefs uniform. I would be happier with William Bartee out there