PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Petro ripping the Chiefs...

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Bitching about the TG trade and hwo he was treated
Bitching about Pollard and how he was treated
Bitching about Waters and how he was treated
Bitching about DJ and how he is treated
Bitching about Bowe being benched

ROFL

Petro is on overload...."this team attacks every talented player they have"....

SenselessChiefsFan
11-09-2009, 10:26 AM

ROFL

I can't help but agree with that

Bowser
His points are valid.

petegz28
Team is running off talented players....

I really think the guy is about to start crying

The Franchise
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Tony G wanted out......that was clear.
We fucked up on Pollard. We never used him correctly.
Waters is meh...
DJ can't step it up and be consistent.
Bowe....I still don't understand what's going on with that.

Gravedigger
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
His rants are correct but he just takes em beyond the line and drives them into ravings.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
His points are valid.

TG wanted out last year, before Pioli and Haley ever were though of
Pollard...no big loss
Waters....overrated cry baby
DJ? Maybe an argument there
Bowe...needed to happen and has paid off
LJ? How can you defend him?

Chief Faithful
11-09-2009, 10:30 AM

And yet, while the team doesn't seem to be better for it they also don't seem to be worse.

Direckshun
11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
I honestly don't think we understood how radical a departure Peterson/Edwards to Pioli/Haley would be.

We were all saying they'd essentially have to start over, but we didn't anticipate that they'd have to completely uproot the team to do that.

Bowser
11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Pollard...no big loss

I'm not defending LJ. Really, Carl was an idiot to sign him to that huge contract, but that's neither here nor there. His point is that the personnel department at Arrowhead is looking below average thus far, and that's what I'm in agreement with.

LaChapelle
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Petro, 2-14
2-14

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm not defending LJ. Really, Carl was an idiot to sign him to that huge contract, but that's neither here nor there. His point is that the personnel department at Arrowhead is looking below average thus far, and that's what I'm in agreement with.

They are running out the guys who eitehr don't want to be here or don't want to play under the new rules. Nothing new about that. We have lost 1 person worth a shit, TG, and he didn't want to be here anyway.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I honestly don't think we understood how radical a departure Peterson/Edwards to Pioli/Haley would be.

We were all saying they'd essentially have to start over, but we didn't anticipate that they'd have to completely uproot the team to do that.

Why wouldn' you expect that? Pertro can whine all he wants about talent being ran off, the fact is this team sucked the last couple years and a lot of the players he is crying about are to blame for it.

Bowser
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM

I knew it would be ugly, and by saying that, I still had no clue just how bad of a situation Carl and Herm left this team.

Mr. Laz
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM

i hope he does cry and then is so embarrassed he shoots himself in the face.

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Petro is a dumbshit then. TG wanted out. LJ is a cancer. The only thing I agree with there is DJ.

LaChapelle
11-09-2009, 10:39 AM
DJ is still here. Fewer and fewer care if Waters is.

petegz28
What I find funny is you ahve two guys in Piloi and Haley that came from SB teams. You have players like Fitzy, Warner and Boldin talking about how great it was to play for Haley and here is Petro whining because we let go fo a TE that didn't want to be here, cut a cancer on the field at Saftey, cut a cancer in the lockerrom in LJ and didn't treat Waters like he is anything great because he rode the coattails of Roaf.

Bowser
Why wouldn' you expect that? Pertro can whine all he wants about talent being ran off, the fact is this team sucked the last couple years and a lot of the players he is crying about are to blame for it.

Yeah, that sounds great up until you see a guy like Pollard, a guy that was clowned for his inability to make a play outside of special teams, elevate his new team's defense into the top 5 since his arrival there. Or watching Demorrio Williams constantly take wrong angles or show up late to make a tackle, but Derrick Johnson make twice the plays in half the time. Tony wanted to be gone, so they got a good return on him, PROVIDED they don't blow the pick.

Now, will all of this make the Chiefs better in the upcoming seasons? It better, or Pioli/Haley will just be a joke of a footnote with the Chiefs.

Jerm
How was TG treated badly? Uh he wasn't...Pioli and co accomodated him and traded him to a contender.

Pollard popped off first, acted like a total douchebag...that's why he was gone.

Waters got his feelings hurt by Haley and ran to his boy Whitlock with stuff that should've been private so he could put it out there. I have ZERO sympathy for him.

DJ whined and complained publicly, again that's on him.

I really fail to see how the Chiefs players are being treated soooooo badly.

Petro's whining is a joke.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah, that sounds great up until you see a guy like Pollard, a guy that was clowned for his inability to make a play outside of special teams, elevate his new team's defense into the top 5 since his arrival there. Or watching Demorrio Williams constantly take wrong angles or show up late to make a tackle, but Derrick Johnson make twice the plays in half the time. Tony wanted to be gone, so they got a good return on him, PROVIDED they don't blow the pick.

Now, will all of this make the Chiefs better in the upcoming seasons? It better, or Pioli/Haley will just be a joke of a footnote with the Chiefs.

I said DJ might be his only argument. And obviously there is something going on with DJ.

Brock
11-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't really care how the players are treated, but I'm not seeing much improvement, if any, with this team. Except in the unlikely event that the 4th quarter at Jacksonville was some kind of turning point.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, we could have kept the same 2-14 talent and listened to Petro bitch about not making any changes.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't really care how the players are treated, but I'm not seeing much improvement, if any, with this team. Except in the unlikely event that the 4th quarter at Jacksonville was some kind of turning point.

You aren't going to inside of a year. I been saying that since day 1. This team was THAT BAD. I have seen some improvment in some areas and some regression in others.

Our special teams is a hell of a lot better. We are like #2 or #3 on coverage. Our FG kicker is awesome. Both HUGE HUGE improvments over the past 3 years.

Our WR corps is better, still needs improvment but we have improved talent wise. I like Long. I know it is fad to bash him but the kid is playing and catching pretty much whatever is thrown to him. Chambers was a good pick up.

Our running game improved yesterday without LJ. It was a pleasant yet expected result.

We still need help on both lines and at the S position. But we aren't going to fix everything all at once. As much as I am sure we wish we could.

dirk digler
11-09-2009, 10:48 AM
We were 6-26 in 2 years with all of those guys so I don't get all the whining and crying

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Now suddenly, LJ, Waters, Polalrd and TG were the ticket to the SB.

Bowser
11-09-2009, 10:49 AM
If we are talking problems with this team, it started in earnest when they cut Chan Gailey 10 days before the season. The LJ thing is self explanatory, and the only curious thing is why it took this long.

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2009, 10:51 AM
We were 6-26 in 2 years with all of those guys so I don't get all the whining and cryingQFT

RedThat
11-09-2009, 10:51 AM

This may be your opinion, which is cool, but the way players are treated is very important. It's a little thing but a big thing. A coach that has good relationships with his players and excellent people skills goes a long way. I can where Petro is going with this.

Brock
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
This may be your opinion, which is cool, but the way players are treated is very important. It's a little thing but a big thing. A coach that has good relationships with his players and excellent people skills goes a long way. I can where Petro is going with this.

That's nonsense. Belichick's players hated him when he first started out at New England.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM

You know, everyone of us gets treated proably worse than these players. If I fuck up at work, I don't get cursed, I get FIRED!

Iowanian
11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Gonzo wanted out of KC for 3 years.
Waters is washed up and playing like ass.
Bowe drops too damn many balls.
Pollard whiffed too many tackles and was shitty in coverage.

Bowser
11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
That's nonsense. Belichick's players hated him when he first started out at New England.

And Vermeil, and Coughlin, and Parcells....

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:56 AM
And Vermeil, and Coughlin, and Parcells....

I remember when Parcells was in Dallas and after a game they lost and was asked by a reporter basically what went wrong he answered "We suck!".

I am sure that would send Waters into tears.

Bowser
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Gonzo wanted out of KC for 3 years.
Waters is washed up and playing like ass.
Bowe drops too damn many balls.

I think part of Petro's rant is nothing more than frustration at seeing guys who should have been making plays for us get cut then go make plays, or look like competent players, for other teams.

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM

Well, at least according to Tom Jackson.

RedThat
11-09-2009, 10:58 AM

it's not nonsense, its a fact of life.

what Im trying to say is, if a person has good people skills, and is good with people thats a step in the right direction towards success. If people like you, then they'll have more of a desire to contribute and want to work for you. And I've seen coaches with great people skills who players love and it brings out the best in players.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I think part of Petro's rant is nothing more than frustration at seeing guys who should have been making plays for us get cut then go make plays, or look like competent players, for other teams.

Look at Wigman in Denver. But we were all ready for him to go. It has a lot to do with the surrounding talent. These guys he is whining about were supposed to be the surrounding talent to make average players better. Instead they were average at best themselves, save TG.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 10:59 AM

what Im trying to say is, if a person has good people skills, and is good with people thats a step in the right direction towards success. If people like you, then they'll have more of a desire to contribute and want to work for you. And I've seen coaches with great people skills who players love and it brings out the best in players.

Wow, I forgot these guys were getting paid millions of $'s to play.

Chief Henry
11-09-2009, 11:00 AM
How was TG treated badly? Uh he wasn't...Pioli and co accomodated him and traded him to a contender.

Pollard popped off first, acted like a total douchebag...that's why he was gone.

Waters got his feelings hurt by Haley and ran to his boy Whitlock with stuff that should've been private so he could put it out there. I have ZERO sympathy for him.

Posted via Mobile Device

Very well said

Bowser
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Look at Wigman in Denver. But we were all ready for him to go. It has a lot to do with the surrounding talent. These guys he is whining about were supposed to be the surrounding talent to make average players better. Instead they were average at best themselves, save TG.

More proof that Herm is an idiot. I was pissed when we let Weigmann walk. (and throw Carl into the idiot catagory on that one, as well)

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 11:02 AM

This.

The TG trade I'll always stand behind - it was a good move getting a 1st day pick for a guy that plays a complementary position and was only planning on playing another year or two.

His points about Pollard, DJ and Bowe are dead on, and I can understand why people would be rubbed the wrong way by his initial handling of Waters and the subsequent comments made about winning 2 games with 22 guys off the street.

DJ seems to make plays every time he's on the field, yet promptly goes back to the bench after.

My thoughts on Bowe have been covered.

He has some valid points.

tyler360
He needs to quit bitching about DJ. Yes he has more talent than all the rest of our linebackers combined, but he had four years to prove it and he disappeared and was amazingly inconsistent so i really don't give a rats ass what they do to DJ.

petegz28
More proof that Herm is an idiot. I was pissed when we let Weigmann walk.

I wasn't, simply because he didn't fit the smashmouth system.

Iowanian
The stuff that irritates me more is when the suck is so obvious with guys like Goff, but we're benching DJ. Maybe the interior linemen are just THAT bad. I'd like to see Wade Smith a C and see what happens.

LaChapelle
11-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Why can't I quit you mediocrity!

OnTheWarpath15

Casey had more to do with the scheme than talent.

He's a perfect fit for Denver's zone blocking scheme, and not a good fit at all for a downhill, power running game that we were trying to establish at the time.

RedThat
Wow, I forgot these guys were getting paid millions of $'s to play.

It's not just the money here, were talking about dealing with people, and thats what life is. Its no different then anything else you do. Whatever you do, you're going to deal with people its inevitable. If the person next to you treats you well that gives one more motivation to work even harder to succeed as a team.

Bowser
11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
He needs to quit bitching about DJ. Yes he has more talent than all the rest of our linebackers combined, but he had four years to prove it and he disappeared and was amazingly inconsistent so i really don't give a rats ass what they do to DJ.

I do not understand the DJ thing, at all. He is three times the backer D. Williams is, but can't crack the starting lineup? I am not one of these "DJ is a world beater!" guys, but goddamn, you'd think it would be in your best interests to get a guy on the field that has shown an ability to make a play.

And watch - DJ is going to end up in Denver next year after his contract with us is up, and he will terrorize us for the next 4-6 years.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 11:07 AM
It's not just the money here, were talking about dealing with people, and thats what life is. Its no different then anything else you do. Whatever you do, you're going to deal with people its inevitable. If the person next to you treats you well that gives one more motivation to work even harder to succeed as a team.

Well you would have an argument except I would lay my life's savings that 95% of the people in this country would take an ass chewing twice a day for a couple million $'s a year.

Bowser
Casey had more to do with the scheme than talent.

He's a perfect fit for Denver's zone blocking scheme, and not a good fit at all for a downhill, power running game that we were trying to establish at the time.That's a whole other issue, as to why Herm wanted to change the scheme. It's not like we were top 5 in offense for three straight years or anything. :grr:

Brock

The players loved Herm Edwards. Loved him. That shoots a gigantic hole in your theory.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 11:09 AM
The players loved Herm Edwards. Loved him. That shoots a gigantic hole in your theory.

Yep. And that is because he coddled people playing like crap.

Zman
11-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Pollard...no big loss
You are so correct. Let them have a chance, everybody is so used to us spoiling these players its so nice to have people in charge who don't care if you like them or not, they just want to win!

Zman
11-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Amen

RedThat
11-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Herm was great at dealing with people. But was awful when it came to managing and getting his teams prepared. And he also did a porous job when it came to game planning, strategizing and make adjustments.

i will say though I see more of an effort in the players when Herm was here compared to Haley.

Molitoth
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM

Of course they loved Herm, his practices were the weakest and easiest in the NFL. Herm players got paid to slack in practice, and not give a shit... while keeping thier jobs. Who would NOT love a job with a manager like that?

memyselfI
11-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Yep. And that is because he coddled people playing like crap.

Maybe it's because he's played and treats his players as he was treated or wish he was treated as a coach.

Fish
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Well you would have an argument except I would lay my life's savings that 95% of the people in this country would take an ass chewing twice a day for a couple million $'s a year.

Classic Millionaire hatred. They make tons of money so they deserve to be treated like children. If they want to make that much money, they should do whatever coach says.

Yeah right. Money does not justify or excuse disrespect. I don't understand why some people don't get that. You can't treat a professional sports team like a bunch of junior high kids.

RedThat
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
if you want to see a coach who had players love him and had great relationships with his players and also had good teams look no further then Vermeil.

BIG_DADDY
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM

All management is about bringing in your people. I have moved or let people go all the time that are not my people. To further complicate things when you come in behind someone who instilled no work ethic and held nobody accountible you have to clean house.

TG deserved to play on a team where he had a chance fo a ring. Trading had nothing to do with treating him badly, it's what he wanted.

New Chiefs management deserves a chance to turn this around. The only thing I have not been happy with is not addressing our O line. The fact that people think that mamby pambying around is going to make this team better is a joke. Herm proved that.

BTW I made some sarcastic comment to a friend of mine about Herm on Friday. Turns out Herm is his cousin. lol What r the odds?

Brock
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
i will say though I see more of an effort in the players when Herm was here compared to Haley.

ROFL ooook.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
God damn, now he is crying about the weoight loss crap.....someone send Petro some cotex

LaChapelle
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM
if you want to see a coach who had players love him and had great relationships with his players and also had good teams look no further then Vermeil.

THe St Louis mutiny gets overpaved by a SB win.

MichaelH

Vermeil loved his kids and look where that got him. The beginning of the turd tunnel we're in now.

I'm somewhere in the middle, you have to treat the players like professionals and not high schoolers but you don't have to treat them to dinner at your house and cry at their 26th Birthday party.

petegz28
Herm was great at dealing with people. But was awful when it came to managing and getting his teams prepared. And he also did a porous job when it came to game planning, strategizing and make adjustments.

LMAO....yea, right!

BIG_DADDY
11-09-2009, 11:23 AM

WOW, that's all I have to say about that.

LaChapelle
11-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Coaches are only as good as the people they surround themselves with. That could use some work, most can agree on.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Petro still slamming the Chiefs for "shipping out" TG.....LMAO

petegz28
11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Now Haley was wrong for not running off LJ befor ethe season......

RedThat
11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Vermeil loved his kids and look where that got him. The beginning of the turd tunnel we're in now.

I'm somewhere in the middle, you have to treat the players like professionals and not high schoolers but you don't have to treat them to dinner at your house and cry at their 26th Birthday party.

In this statement,are you referring to when he coached the kcchiefs?

Cause that could easily be argued. He never changed his mentality on how he dealt with others throughout his career and thats part of the reason he was successful. It's part of the reason he won a bowl imo.

the team he built in kansas city was old, he built a veteran team.

sooner or later the guys he added on the roster needed to be replaced. Thats the nature of football, old players need to be replaced with younger players..out with the old and in with the new..Had he constructed a roster that was young, and took the time to nuture the players, and treat them with decency and respect, and develop and coach the young players along the way, the Chiefs would be in a totally different situation today.

*I see what you are saying in your last paragraph, and I want to elaborate, as a coach it's okay to be soft, but not too soft..Its okay to be tough as well, but not too tough...You just have know how to treat players according to the way they behave in particular circumstances or situations..And Vermeil did struggle with that at times. But he represents a classic example of how love and respect is a lot more powerful compared to being a prick and disrespectful.

Its better to be loving and respectful then to be a prick and disrespectful. Not everyone will respond well to a prick that is disrespectful. i think people respond better to someone who is more loving and respectful.

RedThat
11-09-2009, 11:39 AM
WOW, that's all I have to say about that.

The effort from this team isn't exactly good.

Skip Towne
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't care who they run off as long as they don't keep losing and yelling "We don't have any talent".

Brock
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Cause that could easily be argued. He never changed his mentality on how he dealt with others throughout his career and thats part of the reason he was successful. It's part of the reason he won a bowl imo.

He did change his mentality when he was with the Rams. He had a near-mutiny on his hands.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't care who they run off as long as they don't keep losing and yelling "We don't have any talent".

You have to have talent to begin with to run talent off.

Tribal Warfare
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
How about the lame Cassel extravaganza? Yah,producing only during garbage time baby!!!!!!

petegz28
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
God damn, now it's Clark's fault for taking too long to hire Pioli.

ROFL

Jerm
11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Classic Millionaire hatred. They make tons of money so they deserve to be treated like children. If they want to make that much money, they should do whatever coach says.

Yeah right. Money does not justify or excuse disrespect. I don't understand why some people don't get that. You can't treat a professional sports team like a bunch of junior high kids.

It also doesn't justify entitlement or the "you better kiss my ass" attitude it seems so many of these players have.
Posted via Mobile Device

MichaelH
11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
In this statement,are you referring to when he coached the kcchiefs?

the team he built in kansas city was old, he built a veteran team.

sooner or later the guys he added on the roster needed to be replaced. Thats the nature of football, old players need to be replaced with younger players..out with the old and in with the new..Had he constructed a roster that was young, and took the time to nuture the players, and treat them with decency and respect, and develop and coach the young players along the way, the Chiefs would be in a totally different situation today.

*I see what you are saying in your last paragraph, and I want to elaborate, as a coach it's okay to be soft, but not too soft..Its okay to be tough as well, but not too tough...You just have know how to treat players according to the way they behave in particular circumstances or situations..And Vermeil did struggle with that at times. But he represents a classic example of how love and respect is a lot more powerful compared to being a prick and disrespectful.

Its better to be loving and respectful then to be a prick and disrespectful. Not everyone will respond well to a prick that is disrespectful. i think people respond better to someone who is more loving and respectful.

I am refering to his tenure as head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. His love of Dante Hall is well known. I think Dante is now pressing grapes for Dick and Carol. And then there's Greg Wesley. Wasn't he the one that Vermiel loved even though he couldn't turn his head? Let us not forget the presser when Greg Robinson was fired, that was a freaking drama. I am sure there's many more.

RedThat
11-09-2009, 11:45 AM
He did change his mentality when he was with the Rams. He had a near-mutiny on his hands.

He never changed his loving and respectful personality he had towards his players, that is my point. What was missing from him prior to joining the Rams was his inability to dish out tough love to his players. And he did toughen up a bit when he was with the Rams but not to the point where he was indecent or disrespectful to his players.

Fish
It also doesn't justify entitlement or the "you better kiss my ass" attitude it seems so many of these players have.
Posted via Mobile Device

What are you talking about? Who told the coach he better kiss their ass?

petegz28
My God, now Piloi and Haley are at fault because we don't have a 10-6 team coming off a 2-14 season with "a whole draft" to fix things.

RedThat
11-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I am refering to his tenure as head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. His love of Dante Hall is well known. I think Dante is now pressing grapes for Dick and Carol. And then there's Greg Wesley. Wasn't he the one that Vermiel loved even though he couldn't turn his head? Let us not forget the presser when Greg Robinson was fired, that was a freaking drama. I am sure there's many more.

And his love for Dante brought out the best in him. Because Dante Hall was nothing before Vermeil came. He was a 5th rounder, who originally was a RB and Vermeil nurtured him, and developed him into a star returner. It was a classic example of him making the best out of what the Chiefs had at the time.

If Vermeil had a glaring weakness it was his lack of knowledge on the defensive side of the ball. Pretty much explains why the defense and the rest of the players in it were not so good.

*Dick Vermeil was classic. I love a coach with emotion, how can one not? I don't look at it as drama, he was human and wasn't afraid to express his feelings. He wasn't afraid to wear his emotions on his sleeve.

kaplin42
11-09-2009, 11:58 AM

ROFL

TG wanted out.

Pollard was never consistant, and missed more than he hit.

Waters isn't used to not being in the "o'le boys network" and is getting old

DJ has never ever lived up to his hype or potential.

As for Bowe, so many around here would love to have his ball sack draped over their chin, and I don't get it. He is average to poor at best because he refuses to catch the easy balls. Pretty much worthless as a WR if you won't catch the damn ball.

dirk digler
11-09-2009, 12:00 PM
God damn, now it's Clark's fault for taking too long to hire Pioli.

ROFL

I actually agree with that.

If they wouldn't have waited so long Pioli probably would have hired McDaniels instead of Haley.

DeezNutz
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Pollard...no big loss

Becomes a big loss when the alternative is Brown.

How in the world has it paid off? What? He has not progressed.

FringeNC
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
To say that being hard on Bowe has not paid off is not necessarily correct. Perhaps Haley refuses to tailor his offense to hide Bowe's refusal to run precise routes. There has been no pay-off in going to a sophisticated offense (yet?), but should we always run a simplified offense because our WRs refuse to put in the time learning the routes?

blazzin311
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
They are running out the guys who eitehr don't want to be here or don't want to play under the new rules. Nothing new about that. We have lost 1 person worth a shit, TG, and he didn't want to be here anyway.

We're in agreement here.

Agreed. I'm still suprised at the number of people that find this season or anything the Chiefs have done this year rather, much of a suprise. It was always going to get worse before it got better. Fact is I welcome the changes that are happening, and only time will tell if any of it pays off. Give it another year or two folks.

Posted via Mobile Device

You are correct, and summed things up nicely I might add.

You aren't going to inside of a year. I been saying that since day 1. This team was THAT BAD. I have seen some improvment in some areas and some regression in others.

Our special teams is a hell of a lot better. We are like #2 or #3 on coverage. Our FG kicker is awesome. Both HUGE HUGE improvments over the past 3 years.

Our WR corps is better, still needs improvment but we have improved talent wise. I like Long. I know it is fad to bash him but the kid is playing and catching pretty much whatever is thrown to him. Chambers was a good pick up.

Our running game improved yesterday without LJ. It was a pleasant yet expected result.

We still need help on both lines and at the S position. But we aren't going to fix everything all at once. As much as I am sure we wish we could.

I'm with ya on this one. Glad someone else also sees that this team isn't going to get a ton better this season. It's just not an overnight process. Or even an over one season type of process. Anyone who didn't see this is a fool. Now if things arent at the very least starting to get better by this time next year, I'll be a bit more worried. But am I worried just yet.....nope. They haven't had enough time to fix all of the things that were wrong with this franchise. LJ being cut today was a damn good start though far as I can tell.

Now this part of the argument Petro's making I can at least understand to a certain extent.

You are so correct. Let them have a chance, everybody is so used to us spoiling these players its so nice to have people in charge who don't care if you like them or not, they just want to win!

I concur.

BigChiefFan
11-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Yea, fuck accountability, Petro, it's all the player's feelings. What a chump.

Dayze
11-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Petro's been brainswahsed after years of rooting for a particular player around these parts, instead of demanding a Super Bowl.

when he favorite players feelings get hurt, he acts like his favorite contestant on "Survivor" got voted off or something.

As Vermeil used to say "The Main thing, is the Main Thing".
Petro should remember that.

'Hamas' Jenkins

what is this...nuance?? WTF??

Jerm
What are you talking about? Who told the coach he better kiss their ass?

I didn't mean it literally.

What I meant was guys like Pollard, Waters, LJ and DJ had this attitude like Pioli and Haley owed them something and better show them respect blah blah blah when they hadn't proved anything to either...not how it works.

That's just what I think though.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
11-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Pollard...no big loss <==== playing better than any safety we've had for some time now.

FYP

petegz28
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I actually agree with that.

If they wouldn't have waited so long Pioli probably would have hired McDaniels instead of Haley.

Sorr, I call bullshit on that.

Just Passin' By
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Typical fans and media members....

DJ was dogshit until he got benched. He was a first round bust who needed to step it up or GTFO. Now that he's on the bench, he's suddenly the greatest player in Chiefs history.

The team sucks. Get over it. It was the least talented team in the league last season, and it lost its best offensive player in the offseason. Stop looking for reasons to complain.

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Typical fans and media members....

DJ was dogshit until he got benched. He was a first round bust who needed to step it up or GTFO. Now that he's on the bench, he's suddenly the greatest player in Chiefs history.

The team sucks. Get over it. It was the least talented team in the league last season, and it lost its best offensive player in the offseason. Stop looking for reasons to complain.

Your man love Pioli sucks ass go back to a Patriots board you piece of shit.

Just Passin' By
11-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Your man love Pioli sucks ass go back to a Patriots board you piece of shit.

Now there's a thought out response. What the hell does Pioli have to do with how bad the team was last season, dipshit?

Was it Pioli that dropped in on Waters unannounced and then got butthurt when people didn't kowtow to him, or was it the other way around?
Was it Pioli that was a first round disappointment, or was that Johnson?
Was it Pioli dropping passes and not busting hump, or was that Bowe?
Was it Pioli that was on the message boards bitching about how terrible a tackler Pollard was?
Was it Pioli that requested to be traded on multiple occasions, or was that Gonzalez?

jspchief
11-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Not sure I buy into the "well we sucked with them so who cares" line of reasoning.

We sucked because the guys that played next to them.

petegz28
11-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Not sure I buy into the "well we sucked with them so who cares" line of reasoning.

We sucked because the guys that played next to them.

Bullshit! TG managed to be super-productive regardless of who was around him. The rest don't.

HemiEd
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Part of the process, to kill a cancer, sometimes you have to kill stuff around the tumor.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Now there's a thought out response. What the hell does Pioli have to do with how bad the team was last season, dipshit?

Was it Pioli that dropped in on Waters unannounced and then got butthurt when people didn't kowtow to him, or was it the other way around?
Was it Pioli that was a first round disappointment, or was that Johnson?
Was it Pioli dropping passes and not busting hump, or was that Bowe?
Was it Pioli that was on the message boards bitching about how terrible a tackler Pollard was?
Was it Pioli that requested to be traded on multiple occasions, or was that Gonzalez?

Shut your whore mouth, you stupid fucking cunt. You don't know rat shit from Rice Krispies about the Chiefs.

DJ, although a disappointment, was nowhere near a bust. He's a good linebacker. The disappointment stems from the fact that he hasn't played up to his billing as a prospect which was a surefire multiple PB guy

Bowe, for all his lack of busting hump, is on pace to catch half as many balls while supposedly working harder

Pollard, although a pretty mediocre to bad safety was in a horrible scheme for his talents, and was worlds better than Brown.

Sometimes I think the worst thing about this fucking hire isn't the possibility for failure, but the influx of dumbasses such as yourself.

Go down to Southie and have some meathead turn your skull into a bowl of salsa with a tire iron.

Please.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Part of the process, to kill a cancer, sometimes you have to kill stuff around the tumor.

If there were only 53 parts to a tumor, each of which could be treated discretely, such measures wouldn't be needed.

Coogs
11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Bowe, for all his lack of busting hump, is on pace to catch half as many balls while supposedly working harder

You do know that Bowe's stats were inflated the past two years because he was playing for a bad football team. A team that was behind most of the time and forced to throw to catch up. His stats would have been much less on a team that was good and was just trying to run out the clock. Much like his stats this year. :)

Just Passin' By
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Shut your whore mouth, you stupid ****ing ****. You don't know rat shit from Rice Krispies about the Chiefs.

DJ, although a disappointment, was nowhere near a bust. He's a good linebacker. The disappointment stems from the fact that he hasn't played up to his billing as a prospect which was a surefire multiple PB guy

Pollard, although a pretty mediocre to bad safety was in a horrible scheme for his talents, and was worlds better than Brown.

Sometimes I think the worst thing about this ****ing hire isn't the possibility for failure, but the influx of dumbasses such as yourself.

Go down to Southie and have some meathead turn your skull into a bowl of salsa with a tire iron.

Please.

You continue to be a moron. My comments about Johnson and Pollard were aimed at what people on this messageboard were posting, and I noted that in 2 posts.

I don't expect you to be much more intelligent than your average pebble, because that ship clearly sailed for you at birth. Perhaps, however, you could gain an ability to figure out something as painfully obvious as "message board" when it's put into a point about Pollard. Perhaps you could also read the post you're bitching about, since I posted "Was it Pioli that was a first round disappointment, or was that Johnson?" and you yourself called Johnson a disappointment in your response.

The "worst thing about this ****ing hire" has been idiots like you who knew the team was going to have to struggle as it got rid of dead weight and problem players on a team that was already bereft of talent, but still piss and moan about every negative they can find, just because the people in charge decided not to draft the man you wanted to blow.

HemiEd
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
If there were only 53 parts to a tumor, each of which could be treated discretely, such measures wouldn't be needed.

Herm turned the entire Chief's team into one big tumor IMO. To remove all of the cancer, there is going to be some collateral damage. And there has been plenty.

There have been a LOT of mistakes by this new regime, but this team did fight at the end yesterday, unlike any of this teams efforts the previous three years.

It is hard to find positives right now, but it makes it easier to play golf on a Sunday afternoon, and watch the DVR later.

MichaelH
11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Herm turned the entire Chief's team into one big tumor IMO. To remove all of the cancer, there is going to be some collateral damage. And there has been plenty.

There have been a LOT of mistakes by this new regime, but this team did fight at the end yesterday, unlike any of this teams efforts the previous three years.

It is hard to find positives right now, but it makes it easier to play golf on a Sunday afternoon, and watch the DVR later.

I think that's one of the biggest mistakes this year, only playing about 5 minutes of real football. It seems that Haley all of a sudden realizes it's the 4th quarter with 6 minutes left and then makes some good calls. It happened yesterday, it happened in the Dallas game, the Oakland game and the Giants game.

HemiEd
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I think that's one of the biggest mistakes this year, only playing about 5 minutes of real football. It seems that Haley all of a sudden realizes it's the 4th quarter with 6 minutes left and then makes some good calls. It happened yesterday, it happened in the Dallas game, the Oakland game and the Giants game.

The team clearly needs an OC, calling plays. At first, it was kind of refreshing and unpredictible.
But now, it seems more haphazard, and gets almost maddening to watch. I know he is learning, just like a lot of the players, but damn.

On the bright side, this team has got a badass kicker/punter! I caught myself anticipating the punts yesterday, and marveling at their beauty. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I caught myself anticipating the punts yesterday, and marveling at their beauty. :rolleyes:

LMAO

blazzin311
11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I didn't mean it literally.

What I meant was guys like Pollard, Waters, LJ and DJ had this attitude like Pioli and Haley owed them something and better show them respect blah blah blah when they hadn't proved anything to either...not how it works.

That's just what I think though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bingo. Nice insight.

You continue to be a moron. My comments about Johnson and Pollard were aimed at what people on this messageboard were posting, and I noted that in 2 posts.

I don't expect you to be much more intelligent than your average pebble, because that ship clearly sailed for you at birth. Perhaps, however, you could gain an ability to figure out something as painfully obvious as "message board" when it's put into a point about Pollard. Perhaps you could also read the post you're bitching about, since I posted "Was it Pioli that was a first round disappointment, or was that Johnson?" and you yourself called Johnson a disappointment in your response.

The "worst thing about this ****ing hire" has been idiots like you who knew the team was going to have to struggle as it got rid of dead weight and problem players on a team that was already bereft of talent, but still piss and moan about every negative they can find, just because the people in charge decided not to draft the man you wanted to blow.

I agree with the part in bold. Why people are suprised and bitching is beyond me. It's not going to get better this season. If you don't recognize this you are a fool. Hell you should probably have realized this before the season started. I guess some are just so blind and want to win so badly they just are not patient enough to see and understand the process and road ahead of them to get to that point. This team had to be gutted through and through, and this process is most likely not finished. Get used to it people. After this season when some offseason moves are made if the Chiefs are not playing better and winning some games next year then it's time to panic. Not now. So stop complaining and let things play out a bit.

Agreed. Some good things have happened in spurts for this Chiefs Offense at the end of the game when Haley has taken the reigns off of Cassell and let him air it out a bit. I think the Chiefs/ mainly Haley should make a point to start trying/ finding ways to do this earlier over the next couple of games to see if they can build some kind of consistency there. I'm sure it's easier said than done though. I kind of doubt that's going to happen though but one could hope.

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I agree with the part in bold. Why people are suprised and bitching is beyond me. It's not going to get better this season. If you don't recognize this you are a fool. Hell you should probably have realized this before the season started. I guess some are just so blind and want to win so badly they just are not patient enough to see and understand the process and road ahead of them to get to that point. This team had to be gutted through and through, and this process is most likely not finished. Get used to it people. After this season when some offseason moves are made if the Chiefs are not playing better and winning some games next year then it's time to panic. Not now. So stop complaining and let things play out a bit.

So you're saying it is perfectly acceptable for someone as "decorated" as Pioli, to come in, bring in 30+ new players via FA, and none of them be significant upgrades over the player they replaced?

That's almost impossible to do.

People aren't panicking, and people didn't expect more than a few wins.

But they do expect that the so-called Executive of the Decade would hit on a player here or there, especially considering he's already turned over 65% of the roster.

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 02:32 PM
lol @ this town.

GloryDayz
11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, ripping the Chiefs is hard these days!

GloryDayz
11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
So you're saying it is perfectly acceptable for someone as "decorated" as Pioli, to come in, bring in 30+ new players via FA, and none of them be significant upgrades over the player they replaced?

But they do expect that the so-called Executive of the Decade would hit on a player here or there, especially considering he's already turned over 65% of the roster.

We may not have expected a lot of wins, but the crazy moves they've made (who cares about LJ right now) show them for the goofs they are.

HemiEd
11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
To be objective, there is no question that a lot of the player changes have not proven yet to be upgrades. In fact, at this early time, many seem to be downgrades.
However, we do not know all the behind the scenes issues, that some of the former players may have had.
For the team to truly become a team, they need to all buy in, or it just won't work.

Brock
11-09-2009, 02:52 PM
To be objective, there is no question that a lot of the player changes have not proven yet to be upgrades. In fact, at this early time, many seem to be downgrades.
However, we do not know all the behind the scenes issues, that some of the former players may have had.
For the team to truly become a team, they need to all buy in, or it just won't work.

What's called for is more motivational propoganda posters.

Just Passin' By
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM

I'm curious as to your assessment of the positions. The group that bitches about everything is useless for this, but you'll be able to offer some insight:

Other than the Gonzalez loss and, arguably, the L.J. loss now, what positions do you actually think have been downgraded from last season? Also, if you could point out any of those 'downgraded' positions that you think were replaced with long-term players, that would be helpful, too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Is this the same Petro who said good riddance to Gonzales and told Waters to man up with the new regime?

"ROR, why do you bag on Petro? He's teh best in KC"!!!

Angry, don't give a fuck, east coast-type sports jock for covering this franchise please...

blazzin311
11-09-2009, 04:40 PM

This.

No what I'm saying is it doesn't matter how many FAs and players were let go/ replaced on the roster this year with the scrubs they were bringing in. Their plan at least for this year it seems, was to keep the guys on the roster who were buying in and at the same time they thought had potential to become good players. While at the same time picking up some fillers and FAs off of the street, and not really any high profile players mind you. Now that they have a better idea of which of these guys they kept can be good players for this team in the future which right now doesen't seem like a ton, they can make bigger moves this offseason to get this roster straightened out a bit. But they had to know for sure what they were working with. It is very possible however, and even likely I'd say that they may have underestimated the state of the franchise and how far away the Chiefs truly are from contending when they first arrived. They wouldn't be the first GM and Coach to do so though. I'm willing to reserve further judgement to see what kind of moves are made in the offseason though. Any good fan would. Hell if we can tolerate all of the years mediocrity that King Carl put us as fans through I think we can be a bit more patient with Pioli and Haley. Good things take time. Hopefully Pioli and crew will bring the Chiefs good things but we're not going to find out this year. Judging them on the job they've done this year is kind like judging a book by it's cover. I don't have the answers though. This is all just my opinion. Take from it what you want.

HemiEd
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm curious as to your assessment of the positions. The group that bitches about everything is useless for this, but you'll be able to offer some insight:

Other than the Gonzalez loss and, arguably, the L.J. loss now, what positions do you actually think have been downgraded from last season? Also, if you could point out any of those 'downgraded' positions that you think were replaced with long-term players, that would be helpful, too.

The one that sticks out the most right now, is Mike Brown. I don't think any of those three (Goff, Brown, Vrabel etc.), or many of the other players Pioli has brought in, were thought of as being part of the long term plan. There are several others, but I will use Brown.

Prior to the addition of Brown, I think most of us felt this team was in pretty good shape in the secondary, compared to the other segments. It was about the only positive legacy that Herm left IMO. When Herm took this team over, the secondary was pathetic and had been for a while.

Now, they kick a recent 2nd round pick to the curb, in favor of Mike Brown? The same Mike Brown that was let go by the Bears. Why would they do that?

The only plausible explanation, it has to be something like leadership and creating a better climate for building this team. I have seen this same thing happen in the corporate world, short term, sometimes who have to let go of stars, or potential stars to create and atmosphere for team accomplishment.

I know they keep on saying they are trying to win now, and they probably are to an extent. But, I think the Vrabels, Goffs, etc. were brought in as stop gaps, so the atmosphere could be changed.

Oh, and I have no, none experience with football, but in the corporate world, any disrespect of leadership or direction by one of the "players" needs to be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-09-2009, 04:56 PM
That atmosphere smells like the Blue River wastewater treatment plant.

Red Dawg
11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
What I find funny is you ahve two guys in Piloi and Haley that came from SB teams. You have players like Fitzy, Warner and Boldin talking about how great it was to play for Haley and here is Petro whining because we let go fo a TE that didn't want to be here, cut a cancer on the field at Saftey, cut a cancer in the lockerrom in LJ and didn't treat Waters like he is anything great because he rode the coattails of Roaf.

HELL YES! Fantastic answer and 100% on target.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2009, 05:07 PM
This.

The TG trade I'll always stand behind - it was a good move getting a 1st day pick for a guy that plays a complementary position and was only planning on playing another year or two.

His points about Pollard, DJ and Bowe are dead on, and I can understand why people would be rubbed the wrong way by his initial handling of Waters and the subsequent comments made about winning 2 games with 22 guys off the street.

DJ seems to make plays every time he's on the field, yet promptly goes back to the bench after.

My thoughts on Bowe have been covered.

He has some valid points.

DJ has been the greatest underachiever on this team since the day he stepped foot on the practice field. I do not understand the pining for a guy who has been nothing short of a disappointment.

"DJ makes plays and then goes to the bench".

Of course he does.

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 05:16 PM
DJ has been the greatest underachiever on this team since the day he stepped foot on the practice field. I do not understand the pining for a guy who has been nothing short of a disappointment.

"DJ makes plays and then goes to the bench".

Of course he does.

DJ may be an underachiever compared to his draft status, but he's still the best LB we have on the team.

The best players should be playing.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Is this the same Petro who said good riddance to Gonzales and told Waters to man up with the new regime?

"ROR, why do you bag on Petro? He's teh best in KC"!!!

Angry, don't give a ****, east coast-type sports jock for covering this franchise please...

Two short weeks ago he was talking about what a huge disappointment DJ is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-09-2009, 05:24 PM
DJ may be an underachiever compared to his draft status, but he's still the best LB we have on the team.

The best players should be playing.

Fifty(three)ways to leave your lover:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5--Sje98jI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5--Sje98jI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Two short weeks ago he was talking about what a huge disappointment DJ is.

He skits, scats, and be-bops all over the fuckin' place with his opinions. I don't even bother listening to him any more.

Contrarian
11-09-2009, 07:21 PM
What cracks me up is Petro talking up DJ saying that he forced a fumble in the game Sunday. No he didn't, he hit the ball out of Holt's hand with his knee falling down.
How is that forcing a fumble? It's not intentionally forcing a fumble.
Go scrape the other nodule off your throat from talking shit you dumbass!

SAUTO
11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
What cracks me up is Petro talking up DJ saying that he forced a fumble in the game Sunday. No he didn't, he hit the ball out of Holt's hand with his knee falling down.
How is that forcing a fumble? It's not intentionally forcing a fumble.
Go scrape the other nodule off your throat from talking shit you dumbass!

uuummm thats forcing a fumble. always has been.

Just Passin' By
11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
The one that sticks out the most right now, is Mike Brown. I don't think any of those three (Goff, Brown, Vrabel etc.), or many of the other players Pioli has brought in, were thought of as being part of the long term plan. There are several others, but I will use Brown.

Prior to the addition of Brown, I think most of us felt this team was in pretty good shape in the secondary, compared to the other segments. It was about the only positive legacy that Herm left IMO. When Herm took this team over, the secondary was pathetic and had been for a while.

Now, they kick a recent 2nd round pick to the curb, in favor of Mike Brown? The same Mike Brown that was let go by the Bears. Why would they do that?

The only plausible explanation, it has to be something like leadership and creating a better climate for building this team. I have seen this same thing happen in the corporate world, short term, sometimes who have to let go of stars, or potential stars to create and atmosphere for team accomplishment.

I know they keep on saying they are trying to win now, and they probably are to an extent. But, I think the Vrabels, Goffs, etc. were brought in as stop gaps, so the atmosphere could be changed.

Oh, and I have no, none experience with football, but in the corporate world, any disrespect of leadership or direction by one of the "players" needs to be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

Thank you very much for the thought out response.

SAUTO
11-09-2009, 07:30 PM
and DJ hit holts arm with his left hand not his knee, his knee actually was behind his own arm. i just watched the play again

Oxford
11-09-2009, 07:34 PM

How many years have we said Pollard goes for the big hit, but cannot tackle. We've seen it in the film, its been beat to death. It is just possible that Pollard got a wake up call with his termination. I think Pioli/Haley value effort and desire higher than athletic ability, and Pollard failed the effort/desire test.

Oxford
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you very much for the thought out response.

Amen to that. Remember that Clark Hunt owns this team, and he is a MBA and has been schooled in the business world. How long has HE thought what the direction of the organization should be and how he would get it there?

Mecca
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
The weight loss stuff sure worked out...it made Albert worse and the team that was slow because it was out of shape is still slow because well it's slow.

The idea that this is working is funny, players are regressing, there is no progress being shown.90% of the playcalling looks like it has to do with protecting Matt Cassel so he doesn't look bad instead of winning games.

And you better care what players think because this team does not offer top dollar in FA so if they all think the Chiefs have a regime they don't want to play for good luck getting anyone to play here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
The weight loss stuff sure worked out...it made Albert worse and the team that was slow because it was out of shape is still slow because well it's slow.

The idea that this is working is funny, players are regressing, there is no progress being shown.90% of the playcalling looks like it has to do with protecting Matt Cassel so he doesn't look bad instead of winning games.

And you better care what players think because this team does not offer top dollar in FA so if they all think the Chiefs have a regime they don't want to play for good luck getting anyone to play here.

"My house was destroyed by flood instead of locust plague; IMPROVEMENT"!!!!!111

splatbass
11-09-2009, 08:28 PM

You're kidding, right? They gave up on Herm. They have played hard until the end of every game under Haley.

Mecca
11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
You're kidding, right? They gave up on Herm. They have played hard until the end of every game under Haley.

That's pretty sad because they look worse this year.

BossChief
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
You're kidding, right? They gave up on Herm. They haveNT played hard until the end of every game under Haley.

fixed it for ya

splatbass
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
fixed it for ya

Really? They have played poorly, but have played hard until the end. They haven't given up on Haley late in the game the way they gave up on Herm.