Damn, you just saved me 20 minutes.

Glad I could help.

booyaf2
11-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Damn, you just saved me 20 minutes.

Need to eliminate negative plays

Do a better job on 3rd down

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Thought we showed some heart at the end.

shitgoose
11-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm in over my head

I shouldn't have fired Chan

Bowe is clearly our best offensive player but I'm trying to prove a point

LJ is gone because I am the only one around here who can curse and belittle people

We are currently looking for another free agent WR to pick up and start next week

I'm just focused on our upcoming game with Oakland. Clancy is coming up with ways to help save JaMarcus Russell's job.

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm in over my head

LJ is gone because I am the only one around here who can curse and belittle people

We are currently looking for another free agent WR to pick up and start next week

I'm just focused on our upcoming game with Oakland. Clancy is coming up with ways to help save JaMarcus Russell's job.

LMAO

Bane
11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
No comments on LJ.

It was a tough loss.

We need to work on executing better.

I saw signs of improvement.

No comments on LJ.

He should if nothing else shoot just a lil grin when asked about LJ before saying we only talk about players that are here.....rofl.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm in over my head

That was pretty funny. :D

Dayze
11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
ROFLI'm in over my head

ROFL

Rooster
11-09-2009, 02:26 PM

ROFLROFL

Mr. Arrowhead
11-09-2009, 02:33 PM
"I will only talk about players that are on this team"

Demonpenz
11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
haley's talking annoy's me

DeezNutz
11-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Encouraged by defensive improvement yesterday.

Without those two runs, would have been a very effective day.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
DJ made a great play yesterday but being a part of the right 53 isn't about playmaking. It's about knowing your fucking role.

GloryDayz
I agree, Todd's just hard to listen too. On top of that, he's a "second verse, same as the first" type of guy. Perhaps he's a clueless in a presser as he is on the sideline.

Gravedigger
No comments on LJ.

It was a tough loss.

We need to work on executing better.

I saw signs of improvement.

No comments on LJ.

Don't forget "We had alot of good practices, strange they didn't equate to being great in anything."

GloryDayz
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
DJ made a great play yesterday but being a part of the right 53 isn't about playmaking. It's about knowing your ****ing role.

DJ isn't a favored son, perhpas after LJ, he'll be given a second chance to give the Chiefs version of the Wal-Mart cheer from day-to-day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Encouraged by defensive improvement yesterday.

Without those two runs, would have been a very effective day.

http://napadelphia.com/images/t2_vermeil_si.jpg

Tribal Warfare
11-09-2009, 02:42 PM
http://napadelphia.com/images/t2_vermeil_si.jpg

booze makes anything bearable.

DeezNutz
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
DJ made a great play yesterday but being a part of the right 53 isn't about playmaking. It's about knowing your ****ing role.

:clap:

topher79
11-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Is it me or does Haley seem extra baked this afternoon?

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Haleys answer to " Do you think LJ can still be an effective RB" was hilarious.

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Goddammit.

My feed cut out.

Did he dodge the question about Pollard being blackballed by the organization?

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Goddammit.

My feed cut out.

Did he dodge the question about Pollard being blackballed by the organization?

He won't talk about players who aren't here. That was his answer.

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 04:02 PM
He won't talk about players who aren't here. That was his answer.

I knew it.

Thanks.

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
How do you balance decisions on a guy like Mike Brown, that has no talent, but is good in the locker room, with a guy that has more talent?

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Bobby Wade was a healthy scratch.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2009, 04:04 PM
How do you balance decisions on a guy like Mike Brown, that has no talent, but is good in the locker room, with a guy that has more talent?

ROFL

Paraphrase, or quote?

Titty Meat
He keeps mentioning the right 53, I suppose this is the line that keeps his job for another year after the Chiefs go 1-15.

Bowser

ROFL

PLEASE tell me that was an actual question....

Bowser
11-09-2009, 04:05 PM
He keeps mentioning the right 53, I suppose this is the line that keeps his job for another year after the Chiefs go 1-15.

If the line is part of the correct 53, I'll make a bold statement and say all five of them are playing out of position.

MaxFects
11-09-2009, 04:06 PM
He looks really tired. Not having a coordinator probably aged him 5+ years

HemiEd
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Very glad I took the time to listen to it, I understand it all now. Thanks Todd.

TRR
11-09-2009, 04:08 PM
What was the answer?

Basically...I'm not going to comment on players not with the Kansas Chiefs organization.

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 04:09 PM
PLEASE tell me that was an actual question....

It was, but the guy kinda backtracked in the middle, saying something like, "well, I'm not saying that Mike Brown doesn't have talent."

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Paraphrase, or quote?

Paraphrase, but pretty damn close. See my above post.

Looking forward to seeing the face Haley made, I was only listening at the time.

TRR
11-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I thought it was a decent press conference. I honestly believe that Haley will not accept failure. He and Pioli's biggest mistake is thinking they had more talent on the roster than they actually did.

They made a huge mistake with over-valuing the O Lineman and the WR position. They also put too much stock into older players like Mike Brown, Bobby Engram, Damien McIntosh, Mike Goff, etc.

Hopefully going into the offseason they will know what they have and can be more successful next season.

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
What was the answer?

That he isn't going to talk about players that aren't here. Except he paused for a minute because it seemed fairly obvious LJ is washed up.

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I thought it was a decent press conference. I honestly believe that Haley will not accept failure. He and Pioli's biggest mistake is thinking they had more talent on the roster than they actually did.

They made a huge mistake with over-valuing the O Lineman and the WR position. They also put too much stock into older players like Mike Brown, Bobby Engram, Damien McIntosh, Mike Goff, etc.

Hopefully going into the offseason they will know what they have and can be more successful next season.

Didn't some Chiefs fans say the same about Herm not accepting failure? It's not like Haley will resign if the team sucks.

Bill Lundberg
11-09-2009, 04:14 PM
It was, but the guy kinda backtracked in the middle, saying something like, "well, I'm not saying that Mike Brown doesn't have talent."

ROFL

The word used was "skill player", but you get the point that was being made

Bowser
11-09-2009, 04:17 PM

Great take, and I agree. As painful as it is to watch the new guys in town flounder, you ahve to remember that this is their first time in their respective positions. Hopefully they are good at learning from mistakes, because they could write a dissertation after this season.

blazzin311
11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm in over my head

Pure awesomeness. :clap:

Is it me or does Haley seem extra baked this afternoon?

Haley always seems extrabaked. :bong: :D

After hearing the press conference, that's the vibe I got from Haley as well. Quite honestly that's what I've thought all along, which is why I haven't panicked at all this year. Nothing that has transpired thus far this year is a suprise to me. I want to see what they do in this coming offseason now that they know what kind of talent they do or for that matter don't have on the current roster. Then we'll talk.

kaplin42
11-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I agree, Todd's just hard to listen too. On top of that, he's a "second verse, same as the first" type of guy. Perhaps he's a clueless in a presser as he is on the sideline.

Some times the shit on this board amazes me.

One week, Haley is great, and everyone loves him. The next week most would like to see him burned at the stake.

The team sucks, and has no talent. It's going to be a rough year this year and next year as well. Sit down, and enjoy the ride, or tuck and roll.

Some of you act like we should be almost undefeated or some shit, yet our best offensive talent is Dwayne "I can't catch shit" Bowe. That should tell you something.

While I would not say Haley is the be all and end all of coaching, I do think it would be prudent to give him a few seasons to get it going.

At this point, I think he is about a billion times better than Herm ever was, so that a lone is worth a little patience.

blazzin311
11-09-2009, 06:11 PM

One week, Haley is great, and everyone loves him. The next week most would like to see him burned at the stake.

The team sucks, and has no talent. It's going to be a rough year this year and next year as well. Sit down, and enjoy the ride, or tuck and roll.

Some of you act like we should be almost undefeated or some shit, yet our best offensive talent is Dwayne "I can't catch shit" Bowe. That should tell you something.

While I would not say Haley is the be all and end all of coaching, I do think it would be prudent to give him a few seasons to get it going.

At this point, I think he is about a billion times better than Herm ever was, so that a lone is worth a little patience.

Well said......Very well said. :clap:

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-09-2009, 06:30 PM

Your and idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give him a few seasons to do WHAT! He's already made our team worse and that was supposedly impossible !

KcFanInGA
11-10-2009, 01:28 AM

Give him a few seasons to do WHAT! He's already made our team worse and that was supposedly impossible !

If you can't see any hope, then no one will be able to offer you any words that you find acceptable. This is a PROCESS. Look that up sometime. We're not making fucking instant coffee here.

RiversRunRed
11-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Q: Was this a failure on the part of the coaching staff to get the best out of a player? You defended him to us, by and large, but is there any sense that you could have done a better job.

HALEY: “Always, always. As a coach you want to get the most out of your players whether it has been done before or hasn’t been done you want to be the coach that gets the most out of each and every one of your players whether you’re the position coach, the coordinator or the head coach.

kaplin42
11-10-2009, 11:12 AM

Give him a few seasons to build a team.

Since when has a football team ever been built over night that was dominat in the long term? Sure you have had a few teams come out and tear it up for a season, and then drift into obscurity again (Titans, Dolphins, Falcons), but thats not winning. It's not winning like the Patriots or the Steelers do it, they have built up teams.

By your reasoning it seems that any other coach could have turned the chicken shit of a team we have into chicken soup. And I'll call you on your bullshit argument. What would another coach have done that would have been the difference maker?

1. Tony Gonzalez -- This is the onlly arguable point to be made. Trading him has hurt the team this year no doubt. But to be honest, he wasn't going to help us win a bowl, or even make it to the play offs. He would have given Cassel a nice target that might have been worth a win or two, but thats about it. One could argue his locker room presence could have made a difference, and normally I would agree, but TG was very unhappy here, because he knew this team was full of fail, and he wants to win in his last few seasons. So, his attitude would not have been full of sunshine and roses.

2. The Hard Knocks -- For years this team has been too soft on its players, and now that someone comes in and expects professional athletes to act like grown men, everyone is all flustrated. Fuck that, get with the program or GTFO. Haley and Pioli are getting people who want to play professional football, not dipshits that half-ass it so they can make some money so they have a better shot at gettign laid on friday nights.

3. Talent -- There isn't any. Who are the stars here?

Bowe -- Been over this a dozen times. He can make some amazing receptions. However, he drops anything that is remotely an easy catch. How many times could drives been sustained if he would just catch the ball like a reciever is supposed to?

Waters -- Is getting old, and has been less then stellar for a few years now. Agreed he is probably our best O-linemen we have, but thats like saying your the winner of the special olympics.

DJ -- Has never, ever lived up to his potential. He was supposed to be a sideline to sideline every down guy. Instead he shows up for a play or two a game, and then pretty much just takes up space on the field.

Dorsey, Jackson, Hali -- While all are making improvments, still none of them are up to par. I think that giving the change from 4-3 to 3-4 has hurt them a little bit, however, I am inspired and believe that they all "could" be the foundation of a good Defense that is in the making.

Flowers -- No complaints, the guy is as legit as there is and I think if the above 3 continue to make strides this could be something special on the D side of the ball.

After that though, what else could a coach do, what would you do? I'm an idiot for wanting to give the brand new regime time, but you're being an impatient moron for believing that this team could be anything but what it is right now. I mean honestly, Look at our drafts for the last decade how many of those players are still on the team? Of those players, how many of them are actually productive memebers of the team rather than just place holders for a roster spot?