PDA

View Full Version : Football Did the donks decide not to play "60 minutes of football" tonight?

B_Ambuehl
11-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Or what happened? According to their fans they were 6-0 because they played "60 minutes of football." I didn't watch the game. Did they all go back to the locker room at halftime and let their cheerleaders play, or did something else happen?

The similarities are kinda funny:

McDaniels: "60 minutes of football"
Pioli: "The right 53"

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Similarities? Anyway... they've hit two tough games and they lost. I'm not shocked nor am I freaking out. They lost last week @ Baltimore and this week the defending champs came to down and beat 'em. They didn't look good offensively in either game and their defense wore down in both. There's a lot of football left to be played, but... while this team is improved from last year and better than average... they have a number of things to improve before they should be expected to compete for a Super Bowl. I'm enjoying it for what it its... a nice season so far. And, they can still hit 10 wins...

TEX
11-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Similarities? Anyway... they've hit two tough games and they lost. I'm not shocked nor am I freaking out. They lost last week @ Baltimore and this week the defending champs came to down and beat 'em. They didn't look good offensively in either game and their defense wore down in both. There's a lot of football left to be played, but... while this team is improved from last year and better than average... they have a number of things to improve before they should be expected to compete for a Super Bowl. I'm enjoying it for what it its... a nice season so far. And, they can still hit 10 wins...

Yep. They have been better than anyone expected, but I have not taken them seriously. In fact I got into it with several of your "friends" and siad that even though they were off to a 5-0 start at the time, that they would not make the playoffs. Then Denver won their 6th in a row and your friends were really PM - ing me to death. Wonder why I haven't heard from them now...:hmmm:

BTW - they (your friends) were really a rude - cocky lot. In fact they were in their back-to-back Super Bowl winner mode. They would deserve nothing less than for the Donx to fall on their collective asses once again this season.

Blick
11-10-2009, 06:30 AM
They looked like the Chiefs offensively...

Bane
11-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Mc Dickhole just got out coached that's all.I know he is gonna cure cancer and all,but he got his ass handed to him on prime time tv last night.Still 6-2 is much better than 1-7 so for that,good job donkholes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dick Wasted
11-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Or what happened? According to their fans they were 6-0 because they played "60 minutes of football." I didn't watch the game. Did they all go back to the locker room at halftime and let their cheerleaders play, or did something else happen?

The similarities are kinda funny:

McDaniels: "60 minutes of football"
Pioli: "The right 53"

Don't worry about the Broncos, worry about the Raiders.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Yep. They have been better than anyone expected, but I have not taken them seriously. In fact I got into it with several of your "friends" and siad that even though they were off to a 5-0 start at the time, that they would not make the playoffs. Then Denver won their 6th in a row and your friends were really PM - ing me to death. Wonder why I haven't heard from them now...:hmmm:

BTW - they (your friends) were really a rude - cocky lot. In fact they were in their back-to-back Super Bowl winner mode. They would deserve nothing less than for the Donx to fall on their collective asses once again this season. We're all painted with the same fan brush, but my expectations were set differently prior to the season and throughout. The team has been playing well, but they're not on the level of the defending SB champs. They're nowhere near the average level they were last year... and that's huge. They've taken some nice steps forward, I've said all season there were going to be rough spots.... the good thing is that the Redskins are up next.

Fritz88
11-10-2009, 06:55 AM
they lost to two really good teams. I hope the trend continues and they fail

Bane
11-10-2009, 06:59 AM
We're all painted with the same fan brush, but my expectations were set differently prior to the season and throughout. The team has been playing well, but they're not on the level of the defending SB champs. They're nowhere near the average level they were last year... and that's huge. They've taken some nice steps forward, I've said all season there were going to be rough spots.... the good thing is that the Redskins are up next.

Yeah well we beat the Redskins so you guys should slaughter them at the very least.Well wait they might sign LJ so look out!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
11-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah well we beat the Redskins so you guys should slaughter them at the very least.Well wait they might sign LJ so look out!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Those 2.7 yard carries should scare the hell out of Denver's defense.

Wait, new O-Line..............He might break a long 3 yarder before falling down.

Bane
11-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Those 2.7 yard carries should scare the hell out of Denver's defense.

Wait, new O-Line..............He might break a long 3 yarder before falling down.

Yep they will never know what hit them!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jack
11-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Offense was never into the game last night. They took the wrong approach with the Steelers. Expecting a ground game and not getting it just let the Steelers have their way. Even if they did get some respectable runs, the Steelers secondary had far too much range for denver to do anything.

Denver defense was just outclassed. Bailey was burned, ty law looked lost. It is beyond me why the donks they put and old db on the field. Reckon they thought law's rep would do it. Denver's run d was always on the wrong side of the field.

Truth comes down, they have been a bunch of overachievers and with that, it only takes some good teams to come along and kick to props away. Even so, denver is still a much better team than most thought it would be. I doubt the Chiefs can best them, so that should be two wins. I think the chargers will sneak up on them again and the pumpkin will reappear.

In the beginning, Chucky and Jaws just gushed about how this had the appearance of a playoff game and how great denver was. That talk disappeared in the second half when the real donks stood up, or better said, fell down.

Steelers showed a lot of class in the last 30 seconds. Orten threw a pick that should have been another score. Instead, Polomolu (spelled correctly?) who I think intercepted just fell down intentionally.

Bane
11-10-2009, 08:10 AM
I have spelled it Polamalu but I'm sure one of school teachers will be along shortly to correct.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jack
11-10-2009, 08:16 AM
I have spelled it Polamalu but I'm sure one of school teachers will be along shortly to correct.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you have the correct spelling, but your are right; it will generate a lot of instructive posts

loochy
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
They didn't do the following:

They didn't play ball-control offense.

They didn't establish their running game.

They didn't stop the big play.

They didn't dominate the line of scrimmage.

They didn't pound it out on the ground.

They didn't take care of the football.

They didn't just go out and execute.

They didn't make plays on both sides of the ball.

They didn't go out there and play smash-mouth football.

They didn't just go out there and play, have fun, and see what happens.

They didn't give 110 percent.

They didn't leave it all on the field.

Pittsburgh wanted it more.

Any more football cliches?

Jack
11-10-2009, 08:27 AM
They didn't do the following:

They didn't play ball-control offense.

They didn't establish their running game.

They didn't stop the big play.

They didn't dominate the line of scrimmage.

They didn't pound it out on the ground.

They didn't take care of the football.

They didn't just go out and execute.

They didn't plays on both sides of the ball.

They didn't go out there and play smash-mouth football.

They didn't just go out there and play, have fun, and see what happens.

They didn't give 110 percent.

They didn't leave it all on the field.

Pittsburgh wanted it more.

Any more football cliches?

They didn't win

Bane
11-10-2009, 08:27 AM
They didn't do their home work maybe....
Posted via Mobile Device

Nzoner
11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm hoping this brings a sense of reality to the team and some of the fans, there was more talk of greatness than I cared to really hear during the 6-0 stretch. They have a number of quality wins and they've now lost twice to two very good football teams with quality and consistent reputations. My expectations were never 'Superbowl or Bust'... considering how they finished last season and the change on that team, that's a lot to ask. Denver has some things to correct, they're far from perfect. And, I've said this for weeks now, but I'm waiting to see the offensive brilliance from McD. Don't get me wrong, he's done a great job so far this season... but, there are points in the game when it just doesn't look like they're trying. Don't give me the game manager stuff with Orton as the reason they're not making strikes down the field. They don't have to air it out for 25-40 yards half a dozen times a game to win. They don't need to be prolific. That being said - they have a ton of talent with Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Stokely, Scheffler, Buckhalter and Moreno... use it, get creative. They have a solid OL and Orton has made some very nice throws each week. Part of me thinks that McD is playing it safe to avoid criticism for taking chances and then losing... I think he's enjoying this 6 wins and realizes that they have an extremely realistic chance of winning the division. But, he needs to let it loose a bit more and get creative with his weapons. Denver is 6-2 with 8 games remaining: @ Redskins - Extremely winnable Chargers - Always tough, playing better, but it is a winnable game in Denver Giants - Giants were 5-0, have gone 0-4 ... in Denver, winnable @ Chiefs - Always tough, playing ok... difficult location, winnable @ Colts - Not playing great, but this smells of a loss Raiders - Extemely winnable @ Eagles - Always tough, difficult location... winnable Chiefs - Extremely winnable Denver has 3 games vs KC and OAK - anything could happen, but that should be 3 wins. Redskins and Giants aren't doing much right now, that could easily be 1-1 or 2-0. Colts and Eagles... for the sake of the argument, I'll say those are losses. Denver can still hit the 10-11 win mark, but with the way they've played in the last two weeks, that won't create playoff success. Denver's defense was on the field incredibly too long in the second half last night... they need the offense to get back on track to keep the defense from having dead legs in the second half. On a positive note - Denver could still finish with double digit wins and thanks to Chicago, they could have a top 15 pick in 2010.

Quesadilla Joe
11-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Our defense did until they got worn out. The offense only had one good drive all day.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Our defense did until they got worn out. The offense only had one good drive all day. The offense did what until they got worn out?

Quesadilla Joe
11-10-2009, 09:46 AM
The offense did what until they got worn out?

The offense did nothing.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
The offense did nothing. They did nothing before they got worn out... really, that's what you were saying?

Quesadilla Joe
11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
They did nothing before they got worn out... really, that's what you were saying?

I said the defense got worn out.

When asked if Denver played 60 minutes of football....
Our defense did until they got worn out. The offense only had one good drive all day.

Brock
11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Kyle Orton is Kyle Orton. WTF did you expect?

Jack
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Kyle Orton is Kyle Orton. WTF did you expect?

Egg roll. . .

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Kyle Orton is Kyle Orton. WTF did you expect? It all doesn't fall on Orton.

Brock
11-10-2009, 11:27 AM
It all doesn't fall on Orton.

No, just 80 percent or so.

Bane
11-10-2009, 11:32 AM
No, just 80 percent or so.

Oh come on now.You know only great QB's get that kind of blame for a pukefest of a team effort.He's been protected by that dink and dunk bullshit all season so far and now its starting to show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Faithful
11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh come on now.You know only great QB's get that kind of blame for a pukefest of a team effort.He's been protected by that dink and dunk bullshit all season so far and now its starting to show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Orton was all deer in the headlights by 8 minutes into the 4th. Pittsburgh's defense had him so rattled he couldn't function.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Orton was all deer in the headlights by 8 minutes into the 4th. Pittsburgh's defense had him so rattled he couldn't function. That is the absolute truth... they were ready to play last night and Denver, coming off their loss at Baltimore just wasn't ready. Now, in the first half - they moved the ball well and kept the Steelers flustered on offense. Tomlin must have had one hell of a half-time chat because the roles reversed quickly.

tooge
11-10-2009, 01:16 PM
We're all painted with the same fan brush, but my expectations were set differently prior to the season and throughout. The team has been playing well, but they're not on the level of the defending SB champs. They're nowhere near the average level they were last year... and that's huge. They've taken some nice steps forward, I've said all season there were going to be rough spots.... the good thing is that the Redskins are up next.

The only difference between the donks of this year and last is the defensive change brought by Mike Nolan. He is a very good coordinator and knows how to put the right guys in the right place to succeed. If Jay Cutler was still there, they would still most likely be 6-2. Maybe they win one more. Shanny simply let the D go and that was why they were mediocre. Josh McDaniels is no genius. If Todd Haley was in Denver right now with Nolan as the D coordinator, the donks would still be very solid and just as good as they are. Players win games, but they have to be put in position to do so. Wasn't the donk offense like second overall after last year? Where are they now? My point being, McDaniels could be in KC and be winless. He succeeds because he inherited a very talented but mismanaged roster.