PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ wins.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 08:39 AM
For those of you celebrating his release..... he WINS.

He wanted out of here... he got out of here. He wanted to make this year's salary from the Chiefs.... he made this year's salary from the Chiefs.

He wants to play for another team.... he will play for another team.

So, YAY!.... the spoiled brat gets his way and gets to collect the rest of his 5 million dollar salary.

Just another example of the Chiefs taking a situation this year, and handling it in the worst way possible.

This doesn't send a message about you need to behave. It says, if you really mess up, you can go play somewhere else for a coach who knows more about football than golf.

Marco Polo
11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
How inspiring.

Demonpenz
11-10-2009, 08:44 AM
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

loochy
11-10-2009, 08:45 AM
It's a win - win. He gets his money and we get to be without his cakin patna ass.

Big Dog
11-10-2009, 08:48 AM
He wins? Sure he collects a little over 2 mil. He also loses 1/5 mil in bonuses (20% salary reduction) and the 22.5 million of the rest of his contract. He left in a mire of locker room and off field issues that will make other teams wary to pick him up and most likely sign him to only short deals ridden with performance incentives as opposed to outright salary and bonuses.

He lost his chance to be the Chiefs all time leading rusher, which probably hurts his ego more than any cash issues he faces hurts his wallet. He'll have to be lucky to be signed by another team, stay healthy and keep his mouth shut to make anywhere near the money he was going to get if he had done those things with the Chiefs...in essence he lost all his job security.

He may still be getting a little 'cake' from the Chiefs, but that alone doesn't make him a winner.

Chiefnj2
11-10-2009, 08:52 AM
He wins? Sure he collects a little over 2 mil. He also loses 1/5 mil in bonuses (20% salary reduction) and the 22.5 million of the rest of his contract. He left in a mire of locker room and off field issues that will make other teams wary to pick him up and most likely sign him to only short deals ridden with performance incentives as opposed to outright salary and bonuses.

He lost his chance to be the Chiefs all time leading rusher, which probably hurts his ego more than any cash issues he faces hurts his wallet. He'll have to be lucky to be signed by another team, stay healthy and keep his mouth shut to make anywhere near the money he was going to get if he had done those things with the Chiefs...in essence he lost all his job security.

He may still be getting a little 'cake' from the Chiefs, but that alone doesn't make him a winner.

He wasn't getting the rest of his contract . He got what he wanted.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-10-2009, 08:53 AM
This is stupid.

If he wins...I am happy for him, because I am in a much better mood this morning.

Marco Polo
11-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Exactly. Everyone is bitching how LJ wins and the Chiefs lose. I swear, if these people won the lottery they'd be complaining, "But...but...but...taxes is going to take everything!"

MOhillbilly
11-10-2009, 08:55 AM
cull - the person or thing that is rejected or set aside as inferior in quality.

Brock
11-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, right. He wins. He could have had a hall of fame career, but instead nobody will even remember him 5 years from now.

Demonpenz
11-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Yeah, right. He wins. He could have had a hall of fame career, but instead nobody will even remember him 5 years from now.

supposed to be jim brown, now a poor mans jamal anderson.

The Bad Guy

He wanted out of here... he got out of here. He wanted to make this year's salary from the Chiefs.... he made this year's salary from the Chiefs.

So, YAY!.... the spoiled brat gets his way and gets to collect the rest of his 5 million dollar salary.

Just another example of the Chiefs taking a situation this year, and handling it in the worst way possible.

This doesn't send a message about you need to behave. It says, if you really mess up, you can go play somewhere else for a coach who knows more about football than golf.

You act like this situation hasn't been developing LONG before Haley and Pioli got here.

I don't care what the Chiefs are paying him. This team is better off WITHOUT him around. Period.

This is just another example of an Anti Piolite taking a situation and completely blowing it out of proportion.

Chiefless

This. He LOST.

The Bad Guy
11-10-2009, 09:03 AM
He won in the eyes of every Pioli hater. Every single Pioli hater has hated LJ for a long time. However, now that he's gone, it's great to cry about it like you were an LJ fan all along.

Demonpenz
11-10-2009, 09:04 AM
there are more important things than football, sometimes that saying swings the other way, instead of people saying that about family health etc, it is partying keepin your rep, being gangsta. One day LJ's pads are going to be taken away because he is nfl material anymore and he is going to have many dreams about the game and be sad he pissed it away.

jidar
11-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Why should I as a fan, or the Chiefs as a franchise give a shit about this?
Is that how we grade our decision making? By whether or not we can stick to somebody who pissed us off? I think I'd rather see our decision making based around what is most likely to make us a better team, and by that logic the Chiefs did the right thing.

PS, OP has the most misleading name ever.

NY CHIEF
11-10-2009, 09:11 AM
there are more important things than football, sometimes that saying swings the other way, instead of people saying that about family health etc, it is partying keepin your rep, being gangsta. One day LJ's pads are going to be taken away because he is nfl material anymore and he is going to have many dreams about the game and be sad he pissed it away.

I agree.......................:D

Red Beans
11-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Let's not forget the fact that we win, as fans. Our team may be terrible, our stadium may only be half full, Sundays are no longer days to celebrate but at least we don't have to sit and watch this asshole play for our franchise. We don't have to watch a guy that belittled working class fans and the new coach run halfheartedly for 2 yards and then fall down. We win because we can move forward without this piece of trash tethered to us. I'd rather have 1 guy that has a third of LJ's talent running behind our sewer grate of an o-line than 10 LJ's. I know there’s not much to be excited about right now but this was the right move. And so what if it looks like a PR move, I couldn’t care less. He’s gone and we can move on in whatever capacity we can.

Red Dawg
11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
He already had alot of money. Getting cut becaue you are a douche bag is not what I call winning.

Micjones
11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
LJ did win, but the Chiefs made the right decision getting rid of him.
They have a 1-7 football team to be concerned with.
Keeping him around the rest of the year would've been a distraction.

HemiEd
11-10-2009, 09:17 AM
LJ did win, but the Chiefs made the right decision getting rid of him.
They have a 1-7 football team to be concerned with.
Keeping him around the rest of the year would've been a distraction.

It makes you wonder, just how long he has been a distraction, and to what extent.
The 2007 team had a rep for that, and LJ was rumored to be a major part of the problem IIRC.

Bearcat
11-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Who gives a flying f*** about his side?

Yeah, because if the Chiefs kept him, all the young players out there would think twice about being a royal douche. We could have really set a good example had we kept him around. :rolleyes:

Who cares about the football or the fact that he has the IQ and character of a toaster, let's talk about feelings and apply that one semester of Psych 101 from 20 years ago to the situation.

Frazod
11-10-2009, 09:23 AM
He won the day that fuck Peterson gave him that bloated, undeserved, retarded, ridiculous new contract. Every day since has been a loss for this organization and fan base. Yesterday we stopped the bleeding.

Mr. Kotter
11-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Frankly, I think the Chiefs ought to at least test the language of the contract and see about with-holding at least some of his money; LJ's behavior and choices...should be grounds for him losing a chunk of it IMHO. Teams should not have to pay guys in full, when they do the sort of shit this guy pulled.

The Bad Guy
11-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Frankly, I think the Chiefs ought to at least test the language of the contract and see about with-holding at least some of his money; LJ's behavior and choices...should be grounds for him losing a chunk of it IMHO. Teams should not have to pay guys in full, when they do the sort of shit this guy pulled.

They can still go after the money.

Demonpenz
11-10-2009, 09:28 AM

you lefties always wanting to bailout bad business choices

kepp
11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

:clap:http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/original/wargames.jpg

Otter
11-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I guess if you think TO was a winner then you can consider LJ a winner.

Agent V
11-10-2009, 09:39 AM
What a downer.

Mr. Kotter
11-10-2009, 09:48 AM

And they should. Aggressively.

King_Chief_Fan
11-10-2009, 09:50 AM

and for all the grief the brain trusts on this site gave to Denver about all their off season miscues, the Chiefs look much more stupid ...in more ways than one

King_Chief_Fan
11-10-2009, 09:53 AM
It makes you wonder, just how long he has been a distraction, and to what extent.
The 2007 team had a rep for that, and LJ was rumored to be a major part of the problem IIRC.

so now that he is gone, the Chiefs will start winning:D

Chiefnj2
11-10-2009, 09:58 AM

When they were meeting with his agent last week, don't you think they covered this issue?

Rasputin
11-10-2009, 09:58 AM

I'm looking forward to our first rushing TD for the season

The Bad Guy
11-10-2009, 10:16 AM
When they were meeting with his agent last week, don't you think they covered this issue?

They could have, but it's going to need to go through an arbitrator and all that stuff.

It's not just going to be worked on with the agent and the team.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 10:22 AM

You have a higher opinion of this team than he did. He wanted out... he got it.

And, the 'bonuses' he won't get will be easily surpassed by the minimum salary he gets from his next teem.

And, teams won't shy away from him. They understand that losing takes a toll on a player.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 10:25 AM

I am talking from a 'this year' perspective.

HemiEd
11-10-2009, 10:27 AM

Stranger things have happened.

SenselessChiefsFan
Why should I as a fan, or the Chiefs as a franchise give a shit about this?
Is that how we grade our decision making? By whether or not we can stick to somebody who pissed us off? I think I'd rather see our decision making based around what is most likely to make us a better team, and by that logic the Chiefs did the right thing.

PS, OP has the most misleading name ever.

It sets a bad precedent. That is the problem.

Now, what is to keep another talented player from being a distraction merely to get cut?

Chiefnj2
They could have, but it's going to need to go through an arbitrator and all that stuff.

It's not just going to be worked on with the agent and the team.

Why would it need to go to an arbitrator?

Christofire
11-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd love to see what kind of contract bonuses he missed out on by not becoming the Chiefs' all-time leading rusher.
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 10:32 AM
He won the day that **** Peterson gave him that bloated, undeserved, retarded, ridiculous new contract. Every day since has been a loss for this organization and fan base. Yesterday we stopped the bleeding.

I just think the Chiefs should have either cut him in the preseason, or made him ride the pine after his most recent mistake.

The Bad Guy
11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Why would it need to go to an arbitrator?

You don't think the Chiefs fighting to get back some of that guranteed money because of his comments would need an arbitrator?

GloryDayz
11-10-2009, 10:54 AM

So how much did he make between the day the Chiefs drafted him, and the day he has Scott hand him that last check?

LaChapelle
11-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Rep as a pistol whipping, face spitting, woman hating asshat is a win

Lex Luthors
11-10-2009, 12:26 PM
And, the 'bonuses' he won't get will be easily surpassed by the minimum salary he gets from his next teem.

Um, no.

If some team signs him for the NFL minimum, that amount will be deducted from what the Chiefs owe him for the rest of this season. Those bonuses are gone.

It's not much, but at least he loses the bonuses. :clap:

Chiefnj2
11-10-2009, 12:27 PM
You don't think the Chiefs fighting to get back some of that guranteed money because of his comments would need an arbitrator?

No. I think his agent and the team met last week and ironed everything out.

Phobia
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
He won in the eyes of every Pioli hater. Every single Pioli hater has hated LJ for a long time. However, now that he's gone, it's great to cry about it like you were an LJ fan all along.

I'm not a Pioli hater but I can see the logic of the thread starter. LJ is guaranteed his salary for this year and now he can go make even more money. Had the Chiefs just deactivated him every week they wouldn't pay the roster bonus and they wouldn't have to worry about him coming back to bite them either.

I don't feel strongly either way. I'm glad he's gone but I can see each side of the argument.

Brock
11-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Why should anyone here care about the money?

jAZ
11-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Carl Peterson drafted him.

Carl Peterson extended him.

Scott Pioli got rid of him.

Folks we have winning move from a GM who has a clue here! Quit bitching.

The Bad Guy
11-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm not a Pioli hater but I can see the logic of the thread starter. LJ is guaranteed his salary for this year and now he can go make even more money. Had the Chiefs just deactivated him every week they wouldn't pay the roster bonus and they wouldn't have to worry about him coming back to bite them either.

I don't feel strongly either way. I'm glad he's gone but I can see each side of the argument.

The Redskins are strongly considering claiming LJ off waivers.

I have no worries about LJ biting anyone except for women in area for the next team he signs with.

Norman Einstein
11-10-2009, 12:46 PM
When he clears wavers he is a free agent. Noboby is going to be willing to pay his salary as is. When he becomes a FA I think he will be lucky to get $1 mil based on a full year.

On a cursory search I only saw the Redskins looking at the possibility.

Phobia
11-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Why should anyone here care about the money?
Because it comes straight out of our pockets into theirs. Do you think tickets would be $85 if players worked for $100k?

Brock
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Because it comes straight out of our pockets into theirs. Do you think tickets would be $85 if players worked for $100k?

Right, because ticket prices are linked to player salaries. I can buy tickets right now, today, for 35 dollars.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Um, no.

If some team signs him for the NFL minimum, that amount will be deducted from what the Chiefs owe him for the rest of this season. Those bonuses are gone.

It's not much, but at least he loses the bonuses. :clap:

Nope.... he gets every dime from the Chiefs regardless. I will see if I can find a link. The only way it is different is if he is claimed off the waiver wire... and then he gets his bonuses.

SAUTO
11-10-2009, 12:56 PM

he doesnt make ANY more money if he's signed by another team, unless they pay him more than we owe him. otherwise it comes off our total

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Carl Peterson drafted him.

Carl Peterson extended him.

Scott Pioli got rid of him.

Folks we have winning move from a GM who has a clue here! Quit bitching.

Scott Pioli got rid of him halfway through a season when it was basically handing him what he wanted on a silver platter.

SAUTO
11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Nope.... he gets every dime from the Chiefs regardless. I will see if I can find a link. The only way it is different is if he is claimed off the waiver wire... and then he gets his bonuses.

find that link please.

Brock
11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Scott Pioli got rid of him halfway through a season when it was basically handing him what he wanted on a silver platter.

Link?

suds79
11-10-2009, 01:02 PM
It's the lesser of two evils.

Yes the best move would have been to cut him before the season started but at this point I think it's better to get rid of the locker room cancer rather than keep that around to "teach him a lesson".

As for other players thinking that's how you get outta town? If they want to chance it getting cut from a probably 2-14 team, then that's the risk they run. Personally I think that'd be a bad career move for 90% of those guys who might not land on another team.

Chiefnj2
11-10-2009, 01:03 PM
find that link please.

From Teicher this morning:

"The Chiefs’ release of running back Larry Johnson is expensive for the team but lucrative for the player.

Johnson is eligible to receive the remaining portion of his $4.55 million base salary from the Chiefs. Players are paid weekly through the 17 weeks of the regular season, so Johnson could collect about $2.14 million over the season’s final eight games.

To get the money from the Chiefs, Johnson must pass through the NFL’s waiver system. The waiver period concludes this afternoon. If Johnson is claimed by another team, that team assumes responsibility for his contract and the Chiefs owe him nothing more.

If Johnson clears waivers, the Chiefs are responsible for the $2.14 million even if he signs with another team before the end of the season.

But Johnson was also due a bonus of $62,500 for each game he was on the Chiefs roster. He will forfeit $500,000 since he won’t be on their roster the final eight games."

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 01:04 PM
From Teicher this morning:

"The Chiefs’ release of running back Larry Johnson is expensive for the team but lucrative for the player.

Johnson is eligible to receive the remaining portion of his $4.55 million base salary from the Chiefs. Players are paid weekly through the 17 weeks of the regular season, so Johnson could collect about $2.14 million over the season’s final eight games.

To get the money from the Chiefs, Johnson must pass through the NFL’s waiver system. The waiver period concludes this afternoon. If Johnson is claimed by another team, that team assumes responsibility for his contract and the Chiefs owe him nothing more.

If Johnson clears waivers, the Chiefs are responsible for the $2.14 million even if he signs with another team before the end of the season.

But Johnson was also due a bonus of $62,500 for each game he was on the Chiefs roster. He will forfeit $500,000 since he won’t be on their roster the final eight games."

That'll work. Thanks.

Phobia
11-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Right, because ticket prices are linked to player salaries. I can buy tickets right now, today, for 35 dollars.

Well,... yeah. Overhead impacts affects retail prices.

Brock
11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Well,... yeah. Overhead impacts affects retail prices.

Ticket prices are affected by demand. Period.

LaChapelle
11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
LJ setting on the bench, collecting checks and not being an embarrassment and distracion to a losing team with a first time head coach/Gm who is looking lost. I'll not touch that bet.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 01:11 PM
In retrospect..... LJ can't ride the pine without being around the Chiefs everyday in the lockeroom.

I am still worried that it sends the wrong move, I just don't know that they had any other choice.

I just wonder how he makes it to the season without being cut.

This sh!t surprised no one....

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 01:11 PM
LJ setting on the bench, collecting checks and not being an embarrassment and distracion to a losing team with a first time head coach/Gm who is looking lost. I'll not touch that bet.

Yeah, I actually just had that same thought. Very Good point.

Brock
11-10-2009, 01:13 PM
If LJ was producing, he'd still be here. That's all there is to it.

DrRyan
11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
LJ is clueless. I heard him on the Dan Patrick show this morning. He was doing some serious back peddling(obviously listening to his agent and saying what he he is being told to say). Praising Haley, Pioli, Cassel et al. He went on to say that he hopes to sign a deal back with the Chiefs in the future when "he still has some burn left" and still become the Chiefs leading rusher.

veist
11-10-2009, 01:17 PM

He won the day he signed that dumb contract he got out of King Carl. Cutting his ass at least saves us the headache of having his can't run, can't block ass on the team anymore.

LaChapelle
11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
RBBC never looked so good :LOL:

Chiefnj2
11-10-2009, 01:30 PM
In retrospect..... LJ can't ride the pine without being around the Chiefs everyday in the lockeroom.

I am still worried that it sends the wrong move, I just don't know that they had any other choice.

I just wonder how he makes it to the season without being cut.

This sh!t surprised no one....

There really isn't anyone on the team to send the wrong message to. By next year everyone who doesn't buy into Haley 100% will be gone.

kcfanXIII
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
screw lj. i really don't care. i don't care what message it sends to players. if they want out, there's the fucking door. also, they'd have to go back about 5 years or so and start showing they don't have any character at all, to put themselves in the situation that lj put himself into. i heard haley talking about it, and its the accumulation of everything that led to his release. maybe if you don't have a history of domestic abuse, or being a general tool, you can get away with calling reporters faggots and calling out your coach. please. get this fucker out of town, i'm sure any rb on the street could get 2.7 ypc.

Titty Meat
11-10-2009, 01:46 PM

Why have we been agreeing so much?

Pink Paradise 2010
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
we all won....LMAO

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2009, 02:57 PM

For the record, I am not a Pioli hater. Not in the least. I have defended the draft, the trade for Cassel. I am much more critical of Haley than Pioli, but I feel that even that criticism must be tempered because it is his first year.

I just see a situation that will encourage other guys to act up to get out of KC.