PDA

View Full Version : Poop 310-429-5382

Frazod
11-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I got three calls from this Los Angeles-based number on my cell phone so far today - phone rings, and I don't hear anything, so I hang up. After the third one I tried calling it back, and got a message saying it was a out-of-service Verizon number. When I googled the phone number, to my chagrin I found that there are multiple sites featuring complaints from people all over the country getting called over and over again from this number. Apparently it's been going on for over a year and nobody knows a damn thing about it, and the phone companies haven't done shit (big shock there).

Very strange. And annoying. I'll have to look into getting this number blocked if it continues.

Has this happened to anybody here?

Brock
11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
It's probably one of those car warranty places. I get those calls sometimes.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
:D You owe anyone some money? That's generally a collection agency tactic.

DeezNutz
11-10-2009, 01:41 PM
PM Dane and tell him to stop.

Demonpenz
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
it's a good way of getting a ssn number

Frazod
11-10-2009, 01:43 PM
How the fuck are they going to get my SSN by calling and not saying anything?

Do you answer the phone by reciting your SSN?

blaise
11-10-2009, 01:43 PM
It's Linsay Lohan's number. She falls down when she passes out and it causes her phone to dial numbers.

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Sorry, I just like to hear you breathe.

wild1
11-10-2009, 01:48 PM
If you have one of those cable TV telephones, you might be able to get to the blocking service by dialing *60. My service provider has this feature.Although it can only block 10 numbers, if you rotate out the oldest one when you need to put a new one in, they have often given up by that point.

Demonpenz
11-10-2009, 01:49 PM
How the **** are they going to get my SSN by calling and not saying anything?

Do you answer the phone by reciting your SSN?

I don't remember exactly I remember it having to do phones with sim cards, but I dunno I don't have a phone with a sim card (can't be too careful)

Frazod
11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
If you have one of those cable TV telephones, you might be able to get to the blocking service by dialing *60. My service provider has this feature.Although it can only block 10 numbers, if you rotate out the oldest one when you need to put a new one in, they have often given up by that point.

I have AT&T, I assume they probably offer some service like this. If it continues, I'll certainly check.

Alton deFlat
11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.callwiki.com/phones/view/310-429-5382

Frazod
11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry, I just like to hear you breathe.

You must like to get sworn at, too. :D

googlegoogle
11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-310-429-5382

robocaller of some kind i bet. just call the right gov. dept. and complain.

SAUTO
11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
i have, but my cell will ask if i want any # that calls blocked, so i did that

Swanman
11-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I have AT&T, I assume they probably offer some service like this. If it continues, I'll certainly check.

I know Verizon gives you the option of blocking certain numbers, but it does cost a little bit of cash, not sure about AT&T. I get calls from other numbers on my landline, that after googling the number, found out there are a number of fraud charities soliciting money in the name of the state police and other organizations. That's why I never pick up the phone for anybody but family and friends.

kcfanXIII
11-10-2009, 01:57 PM
i wish i knew a hacker who could write a program to constantly dial a number just to tie up their line. i've been getting calls from creditors for the person who used to have my number. i'm not very polite with them. the last guy that called had a real thick foreign accent, and i told him i didn't have time to talk to him, as i was about to sit down to a nice piece of steak. i then asked him what he thought the chances of it being one of his relatives reincarnated were. i don't think he thought it was as funny as i did.

SAUTO
11-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I know Verizon gives you the option of blocking certain numbers, but it does cost a little bit of cash, not sure about AT&T. I get calls from other numbers on my landline, that after googling the number, found out there are a number of fraud charities soliciting money in the name of the state police and other organizations. That's why I never pick up the phone for anybody but family and friends.

REALLY, i'm with att, and just got the # a couple of months ago. previous owner must not have paid bills, like ever. i have blocked MANY #s, never has cost me a dime

Rain Man
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I get this type of garbage automated call relatively frequently, and it's usually about trying to "get me government grants" or "give me low-interest loans" or other criminal stuff. They won't give you their name so you can complain about them, so I always wait until they say "Press 1 to leave your name and number, and we'll have a representative call you." I then make up a fake name and phone number so they'll at least waste their time calling some number that doesn't exist. I figure they're tracking my phone number, but they never call me as a followup, so I hope they're just using the wrong number.

I got one a while back that said they'd mail information if I left my address, and I jumped on that. I told them I was very interested in a loan, and requested that they expedite the process by Fedexing the documents to my made-up address. The really weird thing was that a few days later I got a call from the same number (702 area code), and I answered the phone and set it down so I could work while the criminal recording was going. After about ten seconds, I heard a criminal voice say, "Hello? Hellooooo, anyone there?" I grabbed the phone so I could call him names, but he hung up before I could think of a bad enough name to call him. It was exciting for a moment.

RINGLEADER
11-10-2009, 02:10 PM
It's probably one of those car warranty places. I get those calls sometimes.

I vote this.

Otter
11-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Just an FYI...

If you sign up for Google Voice you can get a permanent number with correct area code that gets forwarded to your phone when people you call and you can also use it for making out going calls.

It's great for when you're dealing with one time transactions with people and businesses because they never know your actual cell phone number and the Google Voice assigned number offers a number block feature so they can't reach you if you don't want that number calling you.

Worth looking into if you deal with a lot of short-term contacts. If you're single and dating it's a God send.

HemiEd
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Damnit Tim, I am stuck out here in California and need your help.

Rain Man
11-10-2009, 02:22 PM
As an aside, since I have skype, I can't click on this thread unless someone else posts since the thread title consists only of a phone number. Otherwise, it tries to dial the number.

kepp
11-10-2009, 02:28 PM
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-310-429-5382

robocaller of some kind i bet. just call the right gov. dept. and complain.

SkyNet

Gonzo
11-10-2009, 02:29 PM
A few months back some bill collectors were calling my home # and kept asking for some dude named Ryan. I told them repeatedly that this was a wrong number, (they were from india I'm sure) and they kept saying they'd take me off the list. Every day, at least once they'd call. I'd tell them, "Wrong number, quit calling."

Finally, (after a few tequizas) I'd had enough. They called, I answered, "May I speak to Ryan?"
Me: Ryan died in a car accident last night.
Them: I'm so sorry, we'll take this number off the list.

The Next Day:

Them: May I speak to Ryan please?
Lumpy, (fake Crying): BASTARDS!...
(Handed me the phone)

Me: Hello?
Them: May I speak to Ryan?
Me: I told you people yesterday that he died in a car accident! Let me speak to a supervisor.
Supervisor: Sorry to make you wait, this is Kling Phoo Poo, may I help you?
Me: Why do your people keep calling here Kling? I told them twice that Ryan died in a car accident, now his wife is hysterical, I'll have to sedate her.
Kling Phoo Poo: I am so sorry sir, the number will be deleted...
Me: I've heard this before. Make sure it is.

Two days later:

*Ring*
Apu: Ryan Please?
Me: You have got to be fucking kidding me.... Let me talk to Kling.
Apu: Please hold...
Kling: This is Kling
Me: The numbers still on the list Kling. Ryan's wife is threatening to chew lead.
Kling: Sir, I apologize. I will take the number off of the list. Sometimes it takes 24 hours.
Me: Seems to me like it's been 24 hours. In fact it's been 3 days Kling. Get your shit straight.

Haven't heard from them since.

bevischief
11-10-2009, 02:41 PM
A few months back some bill collectors were calling my home # and kept asking for some dude named Ryan. I told them repeatedly that this was a wrong number, (they were from india I'm sure) and they kept saying they'd take me off the list. Every day, at least once they'd call. I'd tell them, "Wrong number, quit calling."

Finally, (after a few tequizas) I'd had enough. They called, I answered, "May I speak to Ryan?"

The Next Day:

(Handed me the phone)

Me: I told you people yesterday that he died in a car accident! Let me speak to a supervisor.
Me: Why do your people keep calling here Kling? I told them twice that Ryan died in a car accident, now his wife is hysterical, I'll have to sedate her.

Two days later:

*Ring*
Me: You have got to be ****ing kidding me.... Let me talk to Kling.
Me: The numbers still on the list Kling. Ryan's wife is threatening to chew lead.
Kling: Sir, I apologize. I will take the number off of the list. Sometimes it takes 24 hours.
Me: Seems to me like it's been 24 hours. In fact it's been 3 days Kling. Get your shit straight.

ROFLROFLROFL

Frazod
11-10-2009, 02:46 PM

The Next Day:

(Handed me the phone)

Two days later:

*Ring*
Me: You have got to be fucking kidding me.... Let me talk to Kling.

That's brilliant. Frankly, I'm surprised it worked, though, because those fuckers won't believe anything you tell them. We starting getting collection calls for my ex-wife a couple of years ago. Never mind that we'd been divorced for years and she'd never been to my current house and as far as I know doesn't even know where I live. But I guess some dirtbag bill collector went back far enough to find my name and started calling my listed number. They called several times while my current wife was home and I was at work. Each time she'd tell them that she didn't know the person in question and that they had the wrong number, and then the same cocksucker would call be a couple of days later asking for her again. When she told me about it, I immediately had the number changed, and it is now unlisted.

kcxiv
11-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I get stupid fucking text messages from Mocospace or somefucking shit. It pisses me off because i cannot block it and when you get them messages at 5am in the morning, i wanna punch someone in the face.

Gonzo
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
That's brilliant. Frankly, I'm surprised it worked, though, because those fuckers won't believe anything you tell them. We starting getting collection calls for my ex-wife a couple of years ago. Never mind that we'd been divorced for years and she'd never been to my current house and as far as I know doesn't even know where I live. But I guess some dirtbag bill collector went back far enough to find my name and started calling my listed number. They called several times while my current wife was home and I was at work. Each time she'd tell them that she didn't know the person in question and that they had the wrong number, and then the same cocksucker would call be a couple of days later asking for her again. When she told me about it, I immediately had the number changed, and it is now unlisted.

They can be persistant....

I was surprised they stopped too...

Actually, now that I think about it. I miss it a little.

Frazod
11-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I get stupid fucking text messages from Mocospace or somefucking shit. It pisses me off because i cannot block it and when you get them messages at 5am in the morning, i wanna punch someone in the face.

That's what you get for living on the west coast. :D

Frazod
11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
They can be persistant....

I was surprised they stopped too...

Actually, now that I think about it. I miss it a little.

We (well our lawyer) actually put a collection agency out of business once. Ameritech kept coming after my wife for a fradulent account opened in another city. We were able to prove that she was not liable, but they kept coming after her for the money and eventually sent a collection agency after her. When the shit they put in her credit report fucked us out of getting a loan we sued. The funny part was that while we had the suit going, Ameritech sent ANOTHER collection agency after her. Unbelievable. In the end, though, we got about $14K out of Ameritech and the collection agency folded. God only knows how much the lawyer made. It took years, but in the end a good time was had by all. :thumb:

Dartgod
11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I get this type of garbage automated call relatively frequently, and it's usually about trying to "get me government grants" or "give me low-interest loans" or other criminal stuff. They won't give you their name so you can complain about them, so I always wait until they say "Press 1 to leave your name and number, and we'll have a representative call you." I then make up a fake name and phone number so they'll at least waste their time calling some number that doesn't exist. I figure they're tracking my phone number, but they never call me as a followup, so I hope they're just using the wrong number..
I think you inadvertantly gave them Frazod's telephone number.

YOU BASTARD! :cuss:

Frazod
11-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I think you inadvertantly gave them Frazod's telephone number.

YOU BASTARD! :cuss:

LMAO

CoMoChief
11-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I got three calls from this Los Angeles-based number on my cell phone so far today - phone rings, and I don't hear anything, so I hang up. After the third one I tried calling it back, and got a message saying it was a out-of-service Verizon number. When I googled the phone number, to my chagrin I found that there are multiple sites featuring complaints from people all over the country getting called over and over again from this number. Apparently it's been going on for over a year and nobody knows a damn thing about it, and the phone companies haven't done shit (big shock there).

Very strange. And annoying. I'll have to look into getting this number blocked if it continues.

Has this happened to anybody here?

Same thing has happened to me, except mine was somewhere based out of Miami, FL. There's some site you can list the ph#'s and they report it or something like that.

kysirsoze
11-10-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.callwiki.com/phones/view/310-429-5382

"The pricks are calling me now, 20 times in the last 24 hours... this sh@#%$ is rediculous...is this some kind of voice recognition technology attempting to file our voices? Verizon, aren't they the ones found to be guilty of listening by wire tapping and never convicted??? hmmm... bastards..."

:hmmm:

kcfanXIII
11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
another thing i like to do is mention the call is being recorded for legal reasons, before they tell me they are recording me. i throw that out there, and i say, as rudely as i can, "you have the wrong fucking number, do you understand?" i interrupt them and tell them "yes or no will do" when they try to get all long winded. then, i ask for their name, and an employee id number. then, i ask to speak to a supervisor. then i tell the supervisor "you have the wrong number, do you understand this?" again, when they try to make excuses interrupt and say "yes or no will do." again, make sure you let them know you are recording their conversation for legal purposes. the whole time i'm as rude as possible towards these fucks. seems to work, as i haven't got any calls for laura baumgardener in a couple months now.

i know some will say i shouldn't be so rude, but honestly though, is there any line of work, more closely related to bottom feeding scum then telemarketing, or telephone bill collectors?

Frazod
11-10-2009, 03:30 PM
i know some will say i shouldn't be so rude, but honestly though, is there any line of work, more closely related to bottom feeding scum then telemarketing, or telephone bill collectors?

Comcast customer service reps.

sedated
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I got three calls from this Los Angeles-based number on my cell phone so far today - phone rings, and I don't hear anything, so I hang up. After the third one I tried calling it back, and got a message saying it was a out-of-service Verizon number.

same exact thing was happening to me.

the same number every time, from New Jersey though.

started about a month ago, they would call 3 times a day usually. if I pick up - silence. occassionally they would leave voicemails of silence.

last week I called verizon and had the number blocked. no problems since then.

Frazod
11-10-2009, 03:44 PM
That is so weird. I just can't imagine the motivation behind it.

kcfanXIII
11-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Comcast customer service reps.

well, they are def inept.

jjjayb
11-10-2009, 03:52 PM
You're screwed. When you answered there was nobody on the line right? Just silence? You shouldn't have answered it. In 3 days an evil little girl is going to come out of a well and get you.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-10-2009, 03:55 PM
another thing i like to do is mention the call is being recorded for legal reasons, before they tell me they are recording me. i throw that out there, and i say, as rudely as i can, "you have the wrong fucking number, do you understand?" i interrupt them and tell them "yes or no will do" when they try to get all long winded. then, i ask for their name, and an employee id number. then, i ask to speak to a supervisor. then i tell the supervisor "you have the wrong number, do you understand this?" again, when they try to make excuses interrupt and say "yes or no will do." again, make sure you let them know you are recording their conversation for legal purposes. the whole time i'm as rude as possible towards these fucks. seems to work, as i haven't got any calls for laura baumgardener in a couple months now.

LOL How dare someone call you because you failed to pay a bill.

Demonpenz
11-10-2009, 04:37 PM
I honestly used to shoot local bill collectors with high powered bb guns laced with aids

88TG88
11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
it was me

i got ur ssn

Frazod
11-10-2009, 04:46 PM
it was me

i got ur ssn

Shouldn't this be accompanied by a picture of a cat standing on top of a telephone? :D

demonhero
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
i wish i knew a hacker who could write a program to constantly dial a number just to tie up their line. i've been getting calls from creditors for the person who used to have my number. i'm not very polite with them. the last guy that called had a real thick foreign accent, and i told him i didn't have time to talk to him, as i was about to sit down to a nice piece of steak. i then asked him what he thought the chances of it being one of his relatives reincarnated were. i don't think he thought it was as funny as i did.

Kay, here you go > hXXp://rs372.rapidshare.com/files/243576562/7usabball_s_SMS_Bomber.zip

But, be aware that misuse of this will get a letter from you're carrier.

:):) weeeeeeeeeeee :):)

chefsos
11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Anyone here gonna touch that with a ten foot pole?

kstater
11-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone here gonna touch that with a ten foot pole?

Badgirl will click on it.

LaChapelle
11-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Send faxes to that #
I hear it fucks shit up if only an ear

Frazod
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm on hold right now with customer service. I'm having it blocked. Whatever these fucking dildos are up to, I want no part of it.

Frazod
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
This is great - AT&T wants to charge me $4.99 a month to block the number. It's a feature called "Smart Line."

Apparently the $180 I already pay them isn't enough. Fucking thieves. LMAO

The lady I'm talking to is giving me a credit for the first three months, so after that I can cancel the service and hopefully this crank-calling douchebag won't bother me again.

Is it just me, or is everything in life a motherfucking racket anymore? :shake:

Spott
11-10-2009, 07:05 PM
This is great - AT&T wants to charge me $4.99 a month to block the number. It's a feature called "Smart Line."

The lady I'm talking to is giving me a credit for the first three months, so after that I can cancel the service and hopefully this crank-calling douchebag won't bother me again.

If you knew how little it actually costs to provide cell service, you'd really be pissed.

Frazod
11-10-2009, 07:10 PM
If you knew how little it actually costs to provide cell service, you'd really be pissed.

Of that I have no doubt.

BTW, that service is PER LINE (yes, I'm sure you're all shocked to hear that). I hope these fuckers aren't going down a list, because my wife's phone is only one digit off from mine.

sedated
12-08-2009, 03:22 PM
same exact thing was happening to me.

the same number every time, from New Jersey though.

started about a month ago, they would call 3 times a day usually. if I pick up - silence. occassionally they would leave voicemails of silence.

last week I called verizon and had the number blocked. no problems since then.

well well well. a month or so passed with no problems after I blocked the NJ number. but now I get daily calls from "RESTRICTED", same results as before.

I'm assuming its pretty hard to block "RESTRICTED"

gblowfish
12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
It's Mark Mangino's cell number. He wants you to take him out to Golden Corral. Run Away...Run Away!!!!

demonhero
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
First you need to take somebodies phone or an equivalent method

Look for my sms bomber in these threads

Type in the number and bang....they get a taste of their own medicine.

DenverChief
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM

What type of phone do you have? Most smartphones can blacklist numbers so you don't know if they call. Basically you add the number to your contacts then blacklist it meaning it goes to voicemail everytime it calls. And you never know other than it shows up as a missed call in you call log
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
What type of phone do you have? Most smartphones can blacklist numbers so you don't know if they call. Basically you add the number to your contacts then blacklist it meaning it goes to voicemail everytime it calls. And you never know other than it shows up as a missed call in you call log
Posted via Mobile Device

I have an iPhone. I'll check on that.

Of course, the AT&T asshole didn't tell me this. Just like how I learned how to hook up an off-air antenna to my DTV receiver from dtebbe.

Bwana
12-08-2009, 04:48 PM
About two years ago, some fuckweed pharmacy "with a restricted number" got my cell number. They kept calling and asking if I wanted to order Viagra. The dude on the other end was always some middle eastern douche bag. I told them that:

A: I have no need for Viagra.
B. That this was my cell number, do not fucking call me!

It kept up for about two months and I finally went nuts on the fucker, calling him everything form a terrorist to a mother fucker. I told him I was going to find out who he was, fly out there and cut his thoat. I didn't get a call for about four months and out of the blue, some chick calls with the same pitch. I said "my dick works like a champ, but if you don't believe me, you're welcome to come on over and suck on my dick and nut sack for about an hour until your sure."

*CLICK*

I haven't heard from them again.

teedubya
12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I didn't get a call for about four months and out of the blue, some chick calls with the same pitch. I said "my dick works like a champ, but if you don't believe me, you're welcome to come on over and suck on my dick and nut sack for about an hour until your sure."

*CLICK*

I haven't heard from them again.
ROFL

oh man, that is pure classic awesome sauce, right there.